The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Grand Stage Productions The Paris Opera House The Eighteenth District
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 25 | Posts: 4,279 | Roses: 0
Old 02-04-2010 at 01:46 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [101]

Calvin Booth

Calvin felt like a hamster running on one of those little metal wheels. The faster he ran the faster he saw the possibilities of action flash before his eyes but it didn't matter which one he liked or how fast he ran because in the end he wasn't going anywhere because he didn't know where to start with it all. Taressa had given virtually no warning. She'd been working some sure, just started after Olivia was born and she didn't come home and talk about her cases like she had before. She said just like he had some cases he didn't want to talk about she had a particular case that she was trying to work on now that she couldn't talk about. High profile, she'd always told him, said that it was kind of like when the government had Calvin go after someone they believed to be a terrorist. He wasn't allowed to speak of the mission to anyone, not even the agents he was working with at the time or his boss or anything. He just packed up his things and jumped on a flight to wherever it was he needed to go, typically it was some city bordering the Middle East, a couple of times he'd had to land in Bangladesh, India and ride a motorcycle 200 miles north to find the small city that his target was living in... Calvin knew what high profile meant... but to him it just meant that she didn't trust him enough to tell him things...

He had to push those thoughts away and fight back the anger that rose within him as he let his mind dwell on how drastically his life had and would change without having the mother of his children around. She'd always been the type with dinner on the table or cooking when he got home working patrol around Paris or working late at the Opera House even though he quiet doing that many months ago now he just might have to quit working at the department too. Cara and Mark paid him fairly well but it wasn't enough to support him and his children. The salary at the department was meager too but combined with what he was being paid to be a body guard it was enough to support his family. Before he'd had Taressa's income on top of his and he'd never realized just how vital that was to him until now, when it was gone. Now he realized that he wouldn't be able to buy her that new set of pans she wanted... one because she wasn't here and two because there was no way he could afford it. Plus she'd drained the shared account which meant that all Calvin really had in savings was the accounts that his military pensions he'd been receiving for the past four years... it was a fair amount of money but it wouldn't last them forever... he had a lot of things he needed to figure out.

For some reason the problem that his mind first settled on to work out was the fact that he needed someone to watch his daughter while he was at work. Someone who could be over here in a matter of minutes when he called or that he could drop his kids off with on nights when he was unexpectedly called away to take care of something which didn't happen often but on occasion he was awakened at three in the morning to the sound of his cell phone ringing and he was told that someone had been murdered or there was a robbery in progress... that had been mostly during the holidays, now things had quieted back to normal and under the present circumstances he was grateful. Cara interrupted his thoughts. "Calvin you already have, what I said to Parker I wasn't just saying it to make him or you feel better I meant it. If ever you need me, or Parker or even Olivia I'm just a call away. I'm not dancing at the moment, I can't and even then Skyla's always with me or Mark and I know how you may feel about Mark but he is getting better and though he wouldn't say it your family is like a second family to him to." she told him and Calvin nodded, over the past few months he'd become more comfortable with Cara's husband... as had Taressa... but that didn't matter... Calvin didn't have to consult her on decisions anymore... there would be no more arguments on how to handle the kids... because he would have himself to deal with... and no one else.

Cara felt a hand on his arm and he looked up to see that the expression on Cara's face was almost a hurt one. Had he said something to hurt her? He tried to run through some of what he'd said and couldn't think of anything. He wanted her help, sure but he didn't want to burden her with always going to her for everything. She had a family too... she should by all rights and reasons put them first and Calvin didn't want to make that hard for her. "If you ever need to talk I'll be here and if you ever need someone to baby sit you know I'm more then glad to, I mean how many times have I told you how much I love spending time with your kids? And Skyla loves it to." she assured him and Calvin shrugged. He supposed for now Cara watching his kids would have to do. He wasn't going to find anyone he could do it twenty-four seven anything like that... not that he wanted to either... Parker would think he was trying to replace his mother and Calvin wasn't ready to have a woman in the house like that again... Cara, who went home every night to her own family, would do just find for now. "May for now at lest you should let me help out, the children trust me and they know me, Parker seems to already think of me as family and I'm a formula face to them which I think might help and, I hope you trust me to, think of me as family as well... though I may not be by blood." she told him and Calvin nodded... he supposed Cara was more like family then anyone else living nearby. He let out a sigh... and was about to say something when Skyla started to cry... Cara seemed to perk up instantly. "Why don't you go tuck Parker in and I'll see to that, I need to feed Skyla anyway. Did you still want me to stay or, or do you need some time for yourself I could also stay and leave you be, just, just let me know okay? You're not alone." Calvin didn't know what he wanted to do at this point. The adrenaline that had coursed through his veins at the initial shock and the anxiety of telling Parker had now ebbed away and he was left with a weariness that made him want to just sprawl out on the couch and go to sleep.... but he knew he wouldn't sleep... because he would be afraid to dream of her.

He looked up at Cara thoughtfully and then shrugged as he got up and started to head back towards his bedroom. "I think it's best that you go home Cara.... you've done enough here for tonight... there's not much left to do..." he told her and then he moved towards the bedroom where Skyla's crying had stopped and Calvin glad... he had been worried his god daughter would wake up Olivia. He came in and saw Parker sitting on the bed watching a home video. In the video Parker and Taressa were playing soccer, one on one... it was one Calvin had taken before the snow hit and before Taressa was pregnant with Olivia. Calvin could feel Cara behind him and realized that he'd simply been staring at the screen and that there were tears in his eyes. Calvin slowly sat down on the edge of the bed and was only aware of the sound of Taressa's laughter until Parker crawled into his lap. "I miss her dad..." he whispered sleepily and Calvin held Parker close. "I miss her too little man... but it's time for bed... you know how much mommy liked us to get to bed and get a good night sleep... remember?" He coaxed and Parker nodded, turning off the TV with the remote he crawled into bed and snuggled under the covers. He looked over at Cara who was holding Skyla, pretending to be more involved with her daughter then what was going on. "You can go now if you want..." he told Cara and then crawled up onto the bed and laid down next to his son... Calvin gazed at Parker as his eyelids grew heavy and began to drop... he was so tired that he didn't realize when he himself finally fell asleep.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 02-06-2010 at 01:05 PM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [102]

Cara Blaze Andovea

Heartbreak, it was something Cara knew all to well but this kind, losing the love of your life... it must have been torcher.

There she was standing there trying to decide what to do, what to say and all she could come up with was nothing only able to say that she'd be there when ever she was needed something she was sure Calvin had been thinking about though maybe not deciding upon her to help out, however, she couldn't help but think she maybe the right choice. Parker and Olivia seemed to like her, Olivia always seemed to smile up at her with a toothless grin and Parker, well he had always run up to her and given her a hug when she turned up at the door, asked if they could have another drawing lesson and seemed to be a little sad to see her leave. Aside from all that everyone knew that she had her own family to get back to Mark making sure of it though he had spent time babysitting the Booth family with her another fact she tried to point out which seemed to earn her a nod from the cop.

So sad, where once a strong man who had fought in wars, killed so many men and acted so tough that she had never seen him cry or fall apart before was now falling in on himself a strong tower crumbling to the Earth slowly seeming to die within and all Cara could do was reach out to him, her hand on his shoulder.

It was then, just in case he hadn't heard her before or to simply drive the matter home she once more told him that she'd be there, even if all he wanted was someone to lend a listening ear. The Booth's where like family...no... they where family and to see them so broken made Cara wish she could turn back time to the days when everyone was happy and then be able to freeze it so no tears would ever rain again save for joyful ones... sadly it couldn't be.

Almost as if a cue and a savour all at once Skyla began to cry Cara telling Calvin it maybe best that he tuck Parker in while she tended to her child but there was still one question left, did he wish her gone after that or to simply stay awhile?

Looking up at her he shrugged seeming half in a daze and half in the world around him making her wait as she watched him head for his room.

"I think it's best that you go home Cara.... you've done enough here for tonight... there's not much left to do..."

Nodding she thought it best as well, give father and son time to grieve on their own while Olivia slept, it was she who Cara truly felt sorry for. She felt sad for all of them Calvin for losing his love, Parker for losing a mother but Olivia she'd be growing up with memories pasted down both good ones and bad, she'd try to remember but wouldn't be able to maybe it would be a blessing but the unknown... it would be hard for a little girl let alone the only one in the family.

Cara followed Calvin into his room hearing laughter and knowing it wasn't her own she knew straight away whom the light female laughter belonged to. Going into the room she saw Calvin stop suddenly both his and Parker's eyes glued to the T.V screen where Taressa's image splayed across the screen.

Going straight to the play pen she gently picked her baby up trying give the family space but out of the corner of each eye watching things unfold.

"I miss her dad..."

A tiny whisper, hardly enough to be hard but one that could brake even the toughest of hearts and then the reply of:

"I miss her too little man... but it's time for bed... you know how much mommy liked us to get to bed and get a good night sleep... remember?"

Well...

She watched as Calvin pulled is son in close tucking him in before feeling his eyes upon her once more.

"You can go now if you want..."

And to this Cara simply nodded quickly but gently putting Skyla back down and picked up Olivia walking over to her crib and placing her within it covering her up and gently humming a song knowing it would put her straight to sleep, but tonight it didn't just seem to work on the small baby it also seemed to work on everyone else. For when she turned around she was Parker small eyes closed and the gentle rise and fall of his chest seeming to match his fathers and so before picking Skyla up and leaving she walked over to the bed pulling the covers up not only just around Parker a little more but Calvin to, gently she placed a soft kiss on Parker's cheek turned out the light, picked up her daughter and went home praying that they'd all find a way to help each other to get the Booth family through this.

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2010 at 06:28 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [103]

OOC: I took a break to post for you. For Calvin and Rebecca. BIC:

Calvin Booth

Calvin had hoped that sleeping woudl be his release. That when he finally slipped into sweet oblivion he would no longer feel the pain that her leaving him had caused. He would no longer wonder if Parker woudl hate him as he grew up because Calvin hadn't done anything to stop Taressa from leaving. He would not wonder how on Earth he was going to raise a daughter without her mother there to offer insight. Calvin had laid down next to his son, very aware that Cara was still there though he was certain that she woudl be leaving shortly. He told himself he would not fall asleep until he knew that Cara was gone.. he thought if rude though he told her she coudl leave. His eyelids grew heavy. He had been stressing out so much over telling Parke that his mother was gone that he hadn't thought about what he was going to do after that. He didn't know what to do. He knew on Monday he woudl have to get up and go to work like normal. He would have to find a babysitter for Olivia and find time to drop Parker off at school. He woudl have to make sure he was home when Parker got back so thta the babysitter wasn't stuck here all day with his kids... things would be hard sinc ehe had a very unpredictable job that could call him away at any hour of the night.. when Taressa had been around it hadn't been a concern but now it was at the forefront of his mind.

He finally seemed to drift off. He heard the sound of a door closing somewhere far away and he put together that Cara must have left. He welcome the darkness theat encircled him and then before he knew it hew as dreaming. It had been a long time since he had any kind fo dream... perhaps because his reality was so full of stressful situations that his subconscious was worn out. Now he dreamed that he stood in the room of a hotel, Parker beside him, both fo them were in tuxes though Calvin's was significently nicer then Parker's. Calvin didnt' recogniz the woman who walked inw ith Ovilia but he took his daughter, who was adorned in a little white dress, her now brown eyes looking up at him with a trust that only a child could have for their parents. He cradled his daughter for a long moment and smiled as Parker tried ot make Olivia laugh by making faces at her. Then the door opened again and Jared entered... teling him that they were all waiting for him. Calvin got up and handed Olivia to Camille who was dressed in soft aqua blue. Calvin wanted to ask what was going on but he felt that he shoudl know so he didn't want them to think he was crazy. He followed them to a set of double doors which were opnened to reveal a beautiful church like room with candles and pews everywhere. Jared siad the power had gone out and luckily they'd found enough cnadles to light the room enough that they coudl go onw ith the ceremony. Calvin nodded and walked towards the man he assumed to be the priest. He turned towards the door whent he music started playing and when he saw the woman at the end fo the aisle he realized that this was his wedding.. he was getting married... the girl moved towards him so gracefully but he coudln't see who she was because of the veil.. the movmeents seemed familiar and inviting. He took her hand and the tingling he felt seemed familiar too. She smiled and he smiled back. They stood side by side as the priest went through the ceremony. Calvin could only stare at the woman.. he could still not tell who she was. Before he knew it he was told that he coudl kiss her and he felt hsi heart leap into his throat at finding out who it was. Slowly he lifted the veil...

He sat bolt up right with a gasp. He coudln't remember the last few moments of his dream. The woman under the veil. He just knew he'd been surprised. He rubbed his eyes and massaged his temple with his thumbs and looked over to see that Parker was curled up in a ball under the covers. Olivia was fast asleep as well, her chest rising and falling rapidly with every breath. Calvin felt resltess now. He didn't know what to do so he got up and glancing at the clock he realized tha tit was two in the morning. He should still be asleep.. Parker woudl get up at about six as would Olivia and both fo them woudl be hungry. He let out a slow breath and pulled on a robe... he realized that he must have left a window open befor ehe'd gonet o bed because it was freezing int he living room when he stepped into it. He closed the window and walked into the kitchen where he started a pot of coffee.. the thought of the hot liquid appealed to him now, much mor ethen the hard liqour that he had been drinking at the cafe. He had a slight headache and he was certain it was because he was slightly hungover.. not again though.. this woudl be the last time he drank because Taressa had left him.. he was all his kids had left.. he had to be strong.. if only for them.. because Parker woudl need someone there to help him through this.. and he needed to make a good life for Olivia to.. thinking about it just caused a heavy weight to settle on his shoulders.

It was then, as he watched the coffee heat up that an idea occured to him. It was ludicrous in his opinion but it was the only thing he could think to do. He needed to call Rebecca. She was the only one tha tmight be up at this hour and she was the only person that would now how to console him. He looked at himself in the mirror and realized that he looked like he was a wreck. He'd fallen asleep wearing his clothes and they were wrinkle and worn. His hair was tousled and he neede dto shave. As he grabbed the phone he told himself that she wouldn't care. He dialed her number from memory and leaned against the counter.. praying she woudl pick up. When she didn't he thought maybe she was alseep but there was no harm in leaving a message. AT first he was silent.. he didn't know what to say so he figured he'd just be direct. "Hey Bones its Booth.. I know we haven't talked to each other in a while but I was hoping you would swing by when you get the chance..." his voice broke then, he was trying to keep the emotion out of his voice.. he had to do this nonchalantly..if she knew something was wrong he feared she would not come but his next words came out in a painful whisper. "I just need someone to talk to... and you're the first person I thought of... call me back..." and then he hung up and set the phone.. now all he coudl do was wait.. and try to cope with the fact that he was now alone.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating

Name: Erica | Gender: woman- hear me roar! | Posts: 2,032 | Roses: 181
Old 02-13-2010 at 07:04 PM
WanderingChild<3

House Patron
Does anyone write anymore?

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [104]

"Hey Bones its Booth.
I know we haven't talked to each other in a while
but I was hoping you would swing by when you get the chance.
I just need someone to talk to
and you're the first person I thought of.
Call me back."

It was the message that had been playing in her mind over and over again. The message that sent the investigation she was currently working on, files to be flung to her office floor. The message that had Rebecca at Calvin's driveway in less than ten minutes.

A normal person who heard the message, would think nothing of it. Perhaps, he was just going through a small emotional problem, but it was all no big deal. The casual tone in his voice would attest to this. But Rebecca wasn't a normal person, and Calvin wasn't either. They were both stubborn, strong, and independent. They knew how to cover-up emotion, and Rebecca knew that was exactly what he was doing. Plus, people like them, don't call in the middle of the night, asking someone came over. Something was wrong. Very wrong.

Rebecca slammed her car door, holding her trench coat close to her, as she began jogging up to the door. It was odd being at the house. It had been awhile since they had really talked or gotten together. Ever since he was with Taresa seriously, Rebecca felt second best to them. That's alright, she figured. She was just his partner at work.

Knocking on the door, probably to loudly, Rebecca looked over at the windows, to see if there was any sign of a break-in, or something that called for her gun. Which, she had in her jacket. "Booth!" She shouted out, not caring that it was the middle of the night. "Booth, it's Bones open up!"

<b>WanderingChild<3</b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2010 at 08:31 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [105]

Calvin Booth

Coffee. It was something that helped Calvin survived the day. He knew it was unhealthy and Taressa had always said that they really shouldn't drink so much of it as she poured both of them their third cup. His hands trembled at the thought of her. He didn't know weather to be hurt or angry over hat had happened. He felt alone. That was the only way to describe and Calvin knew what it truly meant to be alone. Prowling through the woods in India knowing that somewhere in the woods was a group of trained hit men who wanted you dead and you had to kill their leader first. Calvin had been separated from his men and for all they know they were all killed. He'd twisted his ankle when a volley of bullets had been shot in their direction and Calvin had dodged the bullet and fallen out fo the tree that he was perched in. He'd limped about two mile he guessed and he could not even hear the noise of the animals around him. He had to be careful because the people he was hunting liked to set traps by digging pits. You had to watched for overturned or disturbed Earth. He stepped over a tree root that he was certain was meant to trip him... the sounds of gunshots could be heard in the distance and the next thing he kne the adrenaline was pumping through his veins and he was running.. despite his hurt ankle.. he was sprinting throuhg the woods towards the gunshots...

Calvin wasn't lost in a forest in a foreign country. He knew where he was and was certain that his life wasn't threatened nor was the life of his family. Calvin moved the mug back and forth across the countertop and on instict he grabbed a second mug and set it next to the sink. If she did come she woudl want a cup of coffee he was sure. He wondered ifs he would be upset if he woke her up. He knew that if the position was reversed he woudl be over there in a matter of moments to see what was the matter. He knew that things had been going on with her books... at least according to the chief but hte chief could be wrong. She might not even have her phone on her which wasn't good etiquette for a cop but thena gain his phone had been off all evening.. he wasn't going to go in tonight called or not.. not under the circumstances. He reached for the coffee pot and and poured himself a cup of coffee.. some of the steaming liquid splashed out of the ug onto his hand and it took everything in him to put the cup down gently and then turn cold water on it. He cursed under his breath as he examined the burn marks ont he back of his hand that would fade with time. He grabbed sugar, and cinamon out of the cupboard along ith the cream out of the pantry and set to mixing himself a cup.

He had finished mixing the cup of coffee and was just sitting down on his couch debating on weather he wanted to turn on the TV and pop in a home video like Parker had been watching earlier when a loud pounding came from the front door. Calvin stiffened. He knew it was very likely that it was Rebecca but he couldn't deny the feeling of hope that Taressa had come back.. that something had kept her away and that everything had been a misunderstanding. He made no move to get up.. he wanted to knocker to identify themselves before he got his hopes. Something in him hoped that it was Taressa.. but if it was she woudl walk in. maybe not.. the door was locked wasn't it? It was possible that she didn't have her key. "Booth!" REbecca shouted through the door... he recognized her voice almost imediately and though he felt a surge of relief and almost giddy as he took another sip of his cup. He set the cup down and sighed... he woudl now have to tell another person what happened. "Booth, it's Bones open up!" he got up and moved to the door. She was going to wake the kids if she wasn't careful and then he woudl have to deal with a grumpy and tired Olivia allt he next day.. not that he minded spending time with his daughter but when she was honorary she did not keep quiet.

Calvin unlocked the dead bolt and the door. He removed the chain as he opened the door and gave her an incredulous look. "You're going to wake Parker and Olivia..."he said seriously as he stepped back to let her in. He closed the door behind her and walked passed her into the kitchen. He poured her a cup of coffee and handed it to her ignoring the questioning look on her face. "You'll need it..." he todl her and he coudl see that she still didnt' understand which was fine with him.. she would understand in time. He sat down on the couch and didn't watch to see if she had followed him out fo the kitchen. He buried his face in his hands and let out a sigh. "We won't be interrupted... there's no body here...except the kids..." he said, maybe that woudl give her a hint.. for some reason he'd beena ble to tell Vaylin, cara and even Parker with little difficulty but he coudln't tell Rebecca. He was sure he looked a wreck but for some reason he couldn't explain to her why. He took the ring out of his pocket along with the crumpled and torn note. "Read it..." he said simply, he coudl feel the tremor in his voice when he spoke. He took another sip of his coffee ignoring the way it seemed to scald his throat. "then you'll understand..." it was the only thing he could say and then he leaned back agiasnt the coach and closed his eyes... let out a slow breath... wondering how she would react.

Old 04-04-2011 at 07:39 AM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [106]

OOC: New Scene. For Cara and Calvin. BIC:

Calvin Booth

It had been a busy Saturday for him and the kids. Parker had participated in his first baseball game and afterward he had taken both his little all star and Olivia to the cafe where they ran into Sorsha and he sat and talked with her for a couple hours. He'd returned to the apartment thinking seriously about what the young woman had told him and about her plight. She was expecting a child and the father was no where to be found. It seemed oddly familiar to him. Teressa had left shortly after telling him that she was pregnant with their child. He had tried to do the right thing by asking her to marry him but she had refused him. He knew the answer as to why now. She had not wanted to be known as the woman that married because she'd gotten pregnant. Teressa had always been that way. She didn't want to appear like she needed anyone though he knew perfectly well that she did and he was certain that she did. He had thought for the longest time that it was because she thought he wouldn't be a good father. He had worried about that fact himself. He had always worried that he would be like his father... but he knew now that particular fear had been groundless. He felt that he was doing the best he could as a father... in light of the unusual circumstance.

Cara had called him not long after he returned home with the kids. He'd been surprised to hear from her since he hadn't spoken to her since before he'd left for the State to track down his former fiance. She didn't sound so well and so he'd invited her to come over and have dinner with him and the kids. Parker seemed reluctant to have anyone in the house. It would be the first night that it wouldn't just be the three of them since Teressa had left and he was certain that would be hard for his son. In fact when Calvin mentioned it Parker announced that he was going to go to bed. That daddy and his friend should be left to talk without him. So Calvin had decided that he would put the kids to bed a little early before Parker go there so that Parker could get his wish and they could talk in silence. He made Parker and Olivia mac n' cheese, something that had become a common meal around the home. He simply put on a pot of coffee for him and Cara and threw a lasagna in the oven, not sure if she would even be hungry when she got here. He was trying to remember what had been going on in the young girl's life last time he talked to her.

Suddenly he was pulled from his thought by his son who came in and asked him if he could tell him a story. Calvin smiled. How could he forget the story? He walked back into the room that Olivia and Parker shared. He adjusted the blanket on his daughter and kissed her lightly on the side of the head. They were all he had now. They were his life. He walked over to Parker's bed and laid down beside him. Turning on the lamp Parker pulled a book out from under the blanket. "Do you want to read it or shall I?" he asked and Parker looked thoughtful. Deciding that he wanted to read it Calvin settled back against the pillows, listening to his son read. He occasionally helped with the words whenever he stumbled. Before he knew Parker's voice grew tired and more drowsy sounded. Calvin took over when Parker was to tired and his son curled up next to him and fell asleep rather quickly. He laid there until he heard a knock at the door then he slowly extricated himself from beneath his son and placed the book on the nightstand. He heard Cara knock again. If he didn't hurry the knocking would wake Olivia. He walked down the hall, fixing his wrinkled shirt and opening the door, not thinking Cara might think he was up to some other excursion this evening. "Sorry I was busy..." he said with a wry smile as he smoothed a wrinkle out of his shirt. "Come in Cara..." he invited stepping back and closing the door behind her. "I made coffee.... would you like some?" he asked, he could already tell from the look on her face that it was going to be a long night.

Old 04-04-2011 at 09:39 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [107]

Cara Blaze Andovea

Cara hadn't seen or heard from Calvin in quite some time in fact she had started to wonder if she'd ever see him again or if he'd be another face that would soon be snuffed out of her life and heart.

Having him be Skyla's godfather Cara felt connected to him as if she could tell him anything, everything but much like she didn't know about his life of the past few months nor did he know about hers. A strange thought really when the man was meant to protect her, it was his job after all but when Mark had left... so it seemed had Calvin making the blow so much harder to handle.

She had heard he had been back in town as so tried to call him happy to hear his voice on the other end of the line. Had he picked up on her lifeless voice? If so he hadn't said anything just thought it was a good idea to catch up and to this Cara had to agree.

Walking up to the door Cara knocked once but hearing nothing and only doing it lightly Cara forced herself to knock again finally watching the body of her friend appear.

"Sorry I was busy..."

Cara only nodded she understood what it was like to raise a child on her own and though Mark had come back... well she prayed that Calvin would be able to find someone.

"Come in Cara..."

"Thanks" she managed to whisper watching as he steeped aside this making Cara grateful as this way she'd only have the door to fall into.

"I made coffee.... would you like some?"

A weak smile come to her face and a small laugh bloomed over her lips.

"I don't think it would help, nothing seems to keep me awake these days."

Ever since Mark's return she had been sleeping more as if to sleep not only for herself but the baby and Mark (along with all those years of nights when Mark didn't sleep.) Yet despite all this her eyes were hollow and shadowed, voices sounded in her head that just wouldn't stop and her eyes... they had been playing up more and more.

"Thanks for the offer though. The kids asleep?" she questioned knowing full well that they might be for all the times Cara had baby sat for Calvin Parker always came down to say a hello unless he was already asleep.

"It's good to see you back in France I was a little shocked that someone actually decided to come back but maybe Mark's returning was a good thing."

She trailed off here looking up to meet the eyes of her friend.

"Did you find what you were looking for or... should I take note that you may be leaving again and need to think of someone else who may be able to help me with..."

But she held her tongue not sure if Calvin would believe her or not despite what he knew about the Blaze secrets.

Old 04-05-2011 at 07:25 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [108]

OOC: I'm hungry. My posts are always weird when I'm hungry. BIC:

Calvin Booth

Cara had always been like family to him. Ever since she'd first asked him to be Skyla's godfather he had felt a kinship to the young girl. It made him feel important and now as he gazed down at the mother of his god daughter he felt horrible for leaving so unexpectedly. He desired so desperately to see the young girl that must be at least a year old by now but didn't express it as he opened the door and invited her in. With the kids to bed the apartment was the quietest it had been for a long time. He was grateful for that. He loved his kids but there were times when he wished for peace and quiet. Now he and Cara could talk without being disturbed which was fortunate for the poor girl looked as if she was falling apart. He was reminded of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Story, the ghost of Christmas future... how they might look if Scrooge had actually had the opportunity to see what the spirit looked like beneath the cloak. That wasn't to say that Cara looked like death but she looked pretty close to it and his concern for her as he invited her in was genuine... he wanted to know what was going on... he felt like they had quiet a bit of catching up to do.

He had apologized for not getting to the door quicker and he offered her coffee as well. By the looks of it both of them would need it. He felt that there was a lot to talk about. She smiled weakly and Calvin could almost see the pain in her features. "I don't think it would help, nothing seems to keep me awake these days." she said and he nodded his understanding. He'd been there at one point before, but his had been an inability to go to sleep rather then stay awake. It had been caused by his fear of going to sleep and reliving the things he'd experience while a prisoner of war. The thoughts still made the hair on the back of his neck stand up though with extremely supportive friends he'd gotten through it. He hoped that somehow he could help his friend in this time of trouble. He'd heard rumors around the Opera House that Mark was back.. he learned a lot from listening to the chorus girls around the Opera House. They were more informative then any of the press material he might pick up. "Thanks for the offer though. The kids asleep?" she asked and Calvin nodded the affirmative as he poured himself a cup and left a cup up there for her, just in case she changed her mind. The night was still young after all.

They walked into the living room where he pulled a blanket off the back of the couch and once she sat down he tucked it around her. She seemed so delicate in her current condition. He feared if he handled her to roughly he would break her. "It's good to see you back in France I was a little shocked that someone actually decided to come back but maybe Mark's returning was a good thing." she said and Calvin shrugged. He'd never been a fan of Cara's husband. He brought nothing with trouble for the young girl and her daughter but he was not at liberty to tell her so... at least not at this point. She met his gaze and his brown eyes softened. He wished there was more that he could do for her then just lending a friendly ear. He patted her knee and sat down beside her. Taking a sip of the rather bitter liquid that he'd filled his cup with. "Did you find what you were looking for or... should I take note that you may be leaving again and need to think of someone else who may be able to help me with..." her words instilled a pain of guilt deep within him. It also elicited a pain in his chest that made him place his hand there.. a side effect of the surgery that he'd had almost a year ago he supposed.

He tried not to think about the possible heart problems the doctor had told him he would have in his future. The possibility of another heart attack among them. He was young by today's standards. He should not be worrying about the possibilities of a heart attack! He gazed at Cara, grateful that she was here to keep him company just as much as he was able to help her in her obvious time of need. "I did not find her Cara..." he said simply, he shook his head exasperated. "Now its just a matter of adjusting to life without her I suppose. "he shook his head with an exasperated sigh. "Parker finally quit asking about her... I'm relieved about that... and thankfully Olivia isn't old enough to remember her... her mother... but I can't help but dread when she does get old enough to ask... because I don't know what I"m going to tell her." Calvin glanced at her, took a long gulp of his coffee and then placed it on the table. They were making small talk at this point... dancing around the elephant in the room so finally he decided to point it out. "What's going on with you Cara?" he asked, knowing that question was just scratching the surface. "You don't look well at all..." to anyone else that observation might seem insulting but he certain to Cara she would understand that he pointed it out with the concern and worry of a friend.

Old 04-06-2011 at 03:04 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [109]

Cara Blaze Andovea

It was great to have her friend back but he wasn't a friend really. Like Evrard and yes even Easy, Calvin was part of the non blood family that Cara hoped to be adding to as time went by.

It was only Calvin who she could tale to about both sides of Mark for were as Evrard knew about Dementis he had never seen him first hand and Cara still wasn't quite sure if her patron truly believed her or thought she was nuts. But what would Calvin say when he learnt the truth of why she was so weak? she had seen the concern in his eyes as he answered the door, saw it more when she spoke her answer about the coffee in a voice Calvin knew full well wasn't her own. Would he stick by her and offer help or... would it be even beyond him?

To her refusal of the drink Calvin only nodded not saying anything but maybe sizing her up instead. She knew she was weaker, whiter maybe even more so then when she had almost died that first time it wasn't something she could hide anymore but the truth... it was still hard to speak of.

Walking inside and sitting down Cara couldn't help but feel loved as Calvin pulled a blanket up before she sat to then wrap it around her. He was a good father, she had seen that and a wonderful friend something she voiced as she told him both not to leave again and that she was grateful he'd returned.

With silence seeming to fill the room Cara couldn't help but voice the question that had been in her head and heart since she had learnt of Calvin's leaving.

"I did not find her Cara..." Calvin told her already knowing the cryptic words that Cara spoke were about Calvin's soul mate. "Now its just a matter of adjusting to life without her I suppose."

Keeping her gaze down Cara only nodded, she couldn't help but think of what had happened to her when Mark left. The thoughts of adjusting had been there but... she knew she'd never be able to live without him.

"Parker finally quit asking about her... I'm relieved about that... and thankfully Olivia isn't old enough to remember her... her mother... but I can't help but dread when she does get old enough to ask... because I don't know what I"m going to tell her."

Cara met her friends gaze it had been a question she had asked herself when it looked like Mark wasn't coming back. She had tucked Skyla in every night, holding back the tears that had been shed all the rest of the day and wondered what lie she'd tell her daughter this time.

She had told Skyla that her father was away, needed time to himself but that he'd return as soon as he could but as one month turned into the next Cara wondered how she'd tell her young child the truth. She hadn't known the truth, she hadn't known Mark still loved her and left thinking he was protecting her all Cara did know was that she'd tell her daughter the truth.
That she didn't know why her husband left and didn't know if he'd ever return, but also that he was a wonderful man who loved his child very much, who'd live and die for her and above all that his leaving was not on her young shoulders.

"What's going on with you Cara?"

The silence that loomed over the room was suddenly broken with this one question and Cara didn't really know where to start. Had Calvin heard the rumours that had been going around for months now or...

"You don't look well at all..."

Letting out a weak laugh Cara's eyes looked down at her growing belly and then back at her friend.

"That's an understatement if ever I heard one. I feel like... I don't know really. I don't know if you knew that Mark left for quite some time, that it almost killed me and I still fear his leaving again" she was almost in tears at this point but held them back. "I... I also don't know if you know I'm with child again, Dementis...child."

Old 04-06-2011 at 07:35 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [110]

OOC: My mind is elsewhere but I am determined to stay on top of role plays. BIC:

Calvin Booth

A thousand scenarios ran through his head for what could be going on with the woman that sat in front of him. Had she been so distraught from Mark's sudden absence that she had not yet recovered from the physical strains that had caused on her body. Was she having a hard time taking care of Skyla on her own. If that was the case he could take Skyla for a couple of days. He was certain that Olivia would enjoy having a playmate and what was more he would be glad to have something to take hi mind off the void that existed within his own heart. He was no yet healed from the absence of the woman he loved. He would no go so far as to call her his soul mate. He believed that if that were the case she wouldn't have suddenly up and left. In fact if she were his soul mate he liked to think that she would come back to him one day. At this point it didn't seem likely. He would think that if she wanted to be found and come back to him she would have left some kind of trace of where she had gone. He thought about all the newspaper clippings he had of her and her growing career. He'd almost burned them shortly after she'd left but now, as he worked through the five stages of grief, he was grateful that he hadn't.

He invited Cara to sit on the couch and carefully he tucked a blanket around her legs. He valued her friendship more then many that he'd had in his life. She was pretty well close to family. Just like Jared and Camille she had helped in times when he felt like he couldn't pick himself up and he was grateful for that. She helped him realize that he could get through this time and that life would go on. Of course he knew that all ready but Cara made that more bearable and easier to handle. He hoped that there was something that he could do to help Cara now. She looked like a wreck. They talked briefly about his endeavors in the states. It was rather painful for him to talk about at the moment. He moved on quickly telling Cara that Parker had stopped and Olivia wasn't old enough to understand. Thankfully. Calvin had been working on counting his blessings and he knew that Cara understood his predicament. Or had at one point. Now that her husband was back in her life he wasn't sure she completely understood. Calvin was almost certain he would not get married. At this point in his life he knew that he was getting older... what was more he doubted any woman wanted to date a guy that had two kids... he knew how difficult that would be for anyone.

The conversation quickly shifted back to Cara as he stated the obvious. She didn't look well. Perhaps that was an understatement. She seemed to agree with him as a grim expression took a hold of her features. He asked her what was going on and then subconsciously braced himself for the worst. You just couldn't expect anything when talking to Cara. At least that was what he'd learned since he'd met her almost a year and a half ago. "That's an understatement if ever I heard one. I feel like... I don't know really. I don't know if you knew that Mark left for quite some time, that it almost killed me and I still fear his leaving again" she explained and he nodded. She had said exactly what he had originally assumed. She was still trying to convince herself that Mark wasn't going to leave her again. He wondered if her beloved husband knew what was going on. He could see how that constant fear could wear anyone out. He was tempted to go and give Mark a piece of his mind but then again he thought against it. He was rather fond of his limbs after all. "I... I also don't know if you know I'm with child again, Dementis...child." At those words Calvin's whole body went numb.

She was pregnant. Again. Hadn't the last pregnancy been difficult. He was also rather confused. How could the baby belong to the demon inside Cara's husband and not be her husband's as well. He had never quiet understood the whole situation and he supposed now was the time to get those rather fuzzy questions out of the way. He looked at the grain of the coffee table, for a moment following the lines with his eyes and letting his mind run wild with questions. "When did you find out?" he asked, not necessarily the first question that had popped into his mind but obvious the first question that had come out of his mouth. He didn't wait for an answer instead he pressed on, trying not to sound to scolding. He felt like a father who had just found that his daughter had been philandering around with the wrong boy. The one that everyone warned against. "Cara..." he began, shaking his head in exasperation... he needed to phrase this right or risked upsetting the poor girl. "What does this mean for you?" he asked, he had so many questions but he wanted to know what sort of danger she was in. That way they could think of a way to address it and maybe the pregnancy would go smoother then the last one had. He only wished he knew what he was getting himself into by agreeing to help the woman who sat beside him.