The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Beyond the Paris Opera The Masked Ball The Final Threshold
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Super Samness | Gender: Wonder Woman | Age: 27 | Posts: 3,913 | Roses: 50
Old 06-10-2007 at 01:49 AM
Erik
Opera Manager
House Patron
Killer Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Harry Potter -- Theme Park!  Post [1]

Just today, I was told by our loverly James, that there is to be a Harry Potter theme park in Orlando, Florida. Universal Studios, to be exact. I found this article confirming it (as if James saying it didn't confirm it -- that man could find a needle in a haystack).

As found in THIS article:

------------
The marketing behemoth known as Harry Potter is reaching a climatic conclusion. Or is it? Today, Reuters reported that J.K. Rowling, the author of the hugely successful Harry Potter books and subsequent movies, approved a Harry Potter theme park to be built in Orlando, Florida. Universal Orlando Resort and Warner Bros. Entertainment will develop the park, which is sure to be as popular as the Harry Potter books and movies.

The announcement of the Harry Potter theme parks comes just a few weeks before the release of the seventh (and final) book and fifth movie in the Harry Potter series. It looks like the theme park announcement is the first part of what will undoubtedly be a big marketing onslaught. I have to admire J.K. Rowling and the phenomenon she, Warner Bros. Entertainment and everyone else involved in the Harry Potter machine has created through a good product and great marketing. I happen to be a big fan of Harry Potter, so I don't mind the marketing frenzy that comes with the new book, movie and theme park. In fact, I live in the Orlando area, and I can't wait for the theme park to open in 2009. What do you think? Do you love this idea or hate it?
------------

And, pictures!

OMG I am excited! My mom and I are already planning our trip for 2009 when it's opened, and I told her not a half hour ago about it XD She says she's going to talk to my dad, and judging on how she loves Harry Potter almost as much as I do, it's pretty much a defenite!

<b><i>Erik</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Laura | Gender: Femme | Posts: 235 | Roses: 2
Old 06-10-2007 at 06:37 PM
Angel's Muse
Wandering Child
Mistress of the Keys

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

*gasp* I heard about this but I didn't realise it would open so soon! I can't wait to gooo!

It'll be VERY popular, of course. The pictures are very interesting, and I'm curious as to how big it'll be. Probably ridiculously large.

However, I'm not sure whether they should try to squeeze any more money out of HP. The books are fantastic, but the movies weren't always...and if this themepark isn't very good then it'll give the whole HP fandom a bad name.

But that aside, I can't wait till 2009! *bounces up and down excitedly*

Angel's Muse's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kristen | Gender: Female | Age: 25 | Posts: 1,518 | Roses: 39
Old 06-10-2007 at 07:24 PM
inside your mind15
Wandering Child
Nerds rule the world.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

I know!!! Its pretty cool because I live in Florida near Orlando.... Im not a Harry Potter fan but ill probably go anyway...

"Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live

without and know we cannot live within."
Made by Cassie!
I'm available anytime to RP, just PM me!
inside your mind15's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Sabrina | Gender: ♀ | Age: 23 | Posts: 95 | Roses: 0
Old 06-12-2007 at 12:22 AM
ErikLove4Eva!
Wandering Child
Captain of the POTO PHAN WEIRO DUO!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

I'm not going to be wanting to go to it really, my Mom will! -_-' She LOVES HP it'll be a cool attraction, but I'm not going crazy over it.

ErikLove4Eva!'s Profile Send Private Message ErikLove4Eva!'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 06-12-2007 at 02:00 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

It seems really cool. i sort of gave up HP for PotO, but I do love HP a lot. I will always have a little soft spot for it that grows as the new movie and book release dates grow closer.
But anyway, the park does look really cool. I wanna go. When does it open?

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kristen/Krissy | Gender: Female | Age: 26 | Posts: 81 | Roses: 0
Old 06-15-2007 at 06:41 AM
Victorian Era Drama
Wandering Child
Orchestra Flautist

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6]

Oh course, it's released when I'll be in college and won't be able to afford it... Oh well, I'll visit eventually! It sounds like a cool idea and those roller coasters (if it has them) will be the only ones I EVER get on...

Signature by the talented Angel's Muse!
Victorian Era Drama's Profile Send Private Message Victorian Era Drama's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-2007 at 06:58 PM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7]

It looks really cool! I love HP and theme parks! Hmmm... wonder if I can get Dan (phantom1221) to get on them rollercoasters.... *evilsmirk*

Again, it looks awesome. I'm gonna print these pictures out and put them on the Harry Potter colloage on my bedroom door (if I can find room).

masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Jamie or Jamie~Beth | Gender: Just a smalltown girl | Age: 25 | Posts: 899 | Roses: 0
Old 07-03-2007 at 02:04 AM
THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK
Wandering Child
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8]

It opens my graduation year! Senior trip, maybe...
I am sooo excited about this! I can't wait! I hope I can go, it would be an amazing senior trip. I REALLY can't wait for Deathly Hallows... I reread Half-Blood Prince and finished it last night. So I'm anxious to read the final book.

I hope the theme park succeeds. I would LOVE to go!

I'm Lifting You Up, I'm Letting You Down
I'm Dancing Til Dawn, I'm Fooling Around

I'm Not Giving Up, I'm Making Your Love
This City's Made Us Crazy And We Must Get Out
Thank you so much to Kearyn and Chrissy for all my banners, both goofy and sexy!
THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2007 at 02:08 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9]

Yeah. It looks great. I'm going to Orlando this week... But anyway, The theme park looks wonderful. I'm anxious to see what they come up with. If they have those costume characters, that would be a cool job to have.... Anyways, I keep trailing off... I wonder if (if they have rides) they will be like Disney World's only more HP-ized.

Name: Emily | Gender: Female | Age: 26 | Posts: 29 | Roses: 10
Old 08-23-2007 at 03:45 PM
Dove
Wandering Child
Photographer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10]

Holy shat! I wanna go so bad! I kinda wish this wasn't true because I love the magic of it and I'll probably be a bit dissappointed when I actually go, but STILL! It's sooo awesome!
Of course, I have noo idea when I'll actually go because I'm dirt poor...Hmm, I'll just go with my boyfriend's family cause they're rich. I don't even know if they like Harry Potter o.O
Haha, well, they'll go anyway. ^.^

Dove's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote