masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11] »

lol.
As I said earlier, it could be haunted by anyone. A lot of places are deemed "Haunted", and it's not nessicarily the person or animal most people think actually haunts it. It could have been someone who had a tie to it, like a patron or a worker who wasn't neccisarily in the book. I mean it over a centry old, so you never know...

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Cate | Gender: Vixen | Age: 26 | Posts: 24 | Roses: 10
Old 08-22-2007 at 10:46 PM
Rose of Phantom
Wandering Child
Rain in the Night

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12] »

I've never been a real believer in ghosts and all of that. I never even believed the story of the Phantom of the Opera was real. I read the story once, and I thought it was Gaston leroux being real imaginative (although I did know many of the incidents that happened were real) I bought the book and am now reading it again. Now, though, I'm not so sure. I'm starting to think that maybe the story is real and it did really happen.

There is also an Opera House in New York in the 1980's or so, and the found a woman murdered but never found out who did it. To this day, it's a cold case. I've heard that up until 1995 or so, there were also really weird incidents happening at that Opera House.
Like I said, I never really believed in ghosts or anything like that, but I have ALWAYS loved ghost stories, and the fact that there are so many around my hometown just intrigues me. To my disappointment though, I have never found any ghost stories on the theatre in my hometown. It was an Opera House for a couple years before becoming a movie theater and now it is a performance theatre. (Occasionally movie theater, but they only play old movies.)

Oddly enough, though, I did spot some strange movement when I was below the stage. (I performed there once.) Something was moving around when the place was deserted, and it was dark. I tried to find it but it was gone. I confused myself it was only my imagination.

Also, this past summer, I went to Missouri with a whole bunch of other kids, and the girls slept in the auditotrium in a school. I woke up in the middle of the night and heard something moving around in the rafters. I thought it was just a bat or something and went to sleep.

The only time I have experiences like that is if I am in a theatre or if I am near a historical sight, and it doesn't happen very often. As I said before, I never really believed in ghosts, but ever since that first incident in that theatre... I have been spotting things. I keep telling myself it's only my imagination, but I've seen stuff move, so I really don't know now...

"When I leave and take the wind and find the land that fate will bring,
the brightest star in the evening sky is your love waiting far for me"
Rose of Phantom's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 08-22-2007 at 11:09 PM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13] »

My friend always goes on ghosts hunts. He was in this room and he was think about me and then on the evidence in the recording said, "Who's Christina?", and my name isn't all that popular in that town. It was really creepy and he got pictures of a woman's head at the foot of the bed, and the only other person was out side of the room.

So I do belive in ghosts somewhat. I think that the Opera Garnier was haunted and still is.

That is so cool, about what you've expirienced.
I'll stop talking now before a skeptic proves me wrong, but before I do that, I would like to ask: "Then why did a brick move itself?" the end. lol.

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Cate | Gender: Vixen | Age: 26 | Posts: 24 | Roses: 10
Old 08-23-2007 at 03:38 AM
Rose of Phantom
Wandering Child
Rain in the Night

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14] »

I got chills just reading that, Midsummer Rose. One the one hand, I think it would have been creepy, but on the other hand it would have been cool.

Yeah, you're right about the vanishing thing. I would have said it was a trick with the lighting, but as you and your friend had just gone on the stage to check it out, not really practice or anything and you were alone, then I have absolutely no idea.

"When I leave and take the wind and find the land that fate will bring,
the brightest star in the evening sky is your love waiting far for me"
Rose of Phantom's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Cassie | Gender: Señorita | Posts: 4,083 | Roses: 185
Old 08-25-2007 at 07:57 PM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15] »

I think that Erik, if he haunts the Opera House, isn't the only one. Joseph Buquet for instance, Comte Phillippe, the woman killed by the chandelier. But Erik...? That would be amazing-- a gold mine as far as ghost hunts go, but people tend to forget that other than the main legend, there are bit-players and people who died at other times that may still linger in a haunted place.

Does anyone know if a ghost hunters group has gone looking?
Mrs Nadir Khan's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Phantom's princess | Gender: both | Posts: 5 | Roses: 10
Old 12-10-2007 at 09:23 PM
Eriss Haughten
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16] »

I have allways believed in the story of Erik, the opera house ghost. I believe that his living body may die, but his spirit and soul will live there forever.

The Phantom's Princess
Eriss Haughten's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Ashley | Gender: Female | Age: 26 | Posts: 12 | Roses: 10
Old 12-16-2007 at 09:34 PM
AshyLeStrange
Wandering Child
The Phantom's Angel

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17] »

Well I certainly hope so. ;)

You alone can make my song take flight,
Help me make the music of the night.
AshyLeStrange's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Fiona | Gender: Female | Posts: 79 | Roses: 10
Old 12-29-2007 at 08:52 PM
sweet_intoxication
Wandering Child
Christine, I love you. ♪

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [18] »

What?! I did some wikipedia research about whether or not this was real...I saw the theatre production yesterday and also seen the 2004 film, in disc 2 of the poto movie, Christine says she visited The Opera House and asked the Ballet Mistress whether the O.G really existed...and the Ballet Mistress said that her Ballet dancers sensed stuff etc. So...Who knows. It was based on a ''Christine'' and her nickname was Little Lottie, could it be a combination of both non and fiction?

sweet_intoxication's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Emmy/Dolly/Eight/Dare | Gender: Mademoiselle | Posts: 853 | Roses: 10
Old 01-02-2008 at 04:33 PM
phantom's_rose
Wandering Child
Can't say I'm sad to see you go..<3

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [19] »

I've always believed that Erik was real...and I've had numerous dreams about POTO. It's very weird, and so sad becuase it is and will always be a mystery. SAD.
If he is haunting the Opera House, then what if Christine is still haunting it? Is Christine (if she's really there) aware the Erik is haunting it? And Madame Giry? What ever happened to her? Why didn't she do anything about the Phantom is the first place? OK enough of that...I feel like a critic...a bad one.
Ok, I am going to go look at those websties. TA!

I'll never let this go, but I can't find the words to tell you

I don't want to be alone, but now I feel like I don't know you
Opinions I would try and rewrite
If life had background music playing your song
I've got to be honest, I tried to escape you
But the orchestra plays on

~Banners by Tianna, Chrissy, Mark, and Jasmine~1 of 4 Proud Spouses to Viktoria!~Special thanks to Hayley W. and Stephan C.~
~I love little Mr. Bob ~
phantom's_rose's Profile Send Private Message phantom's_rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Diane | Gender: Female | Age: 26 | Posts: 142 | Roses: 10
Old 01-03-2008 at 12:00 AM
death_shadows
Wandering Child
Opera Spirit

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [20] »

ever since i was a lil girl....before i even knew of the phantom ive had dreams of him....which is sort of weird.
but also for as long as i can remember, ive had many experiences with ghosts. ive had over 20 experiences that i can recall, with different ghosts. like the time i found a box with very old pics in the back of my old house. it was buried in the back yard. i went upstairs to look through it, btw i was about 6 at the time, when i herard someone say help me. i looked at the door way to find a young girl around my own age standing there, and i knew she was a ghost. she then looked behind her and then ran in my closet, the next thing i know there is a giant red stain on the floor. i ran to tell someone, but when i can back upstairs the stain was gone. i do not really fear ghosts though, and yes i do beleive that they exist, hard not to by now. and the thought of erik still being and haunting the opera is in a way a nice thought to have. i am going to one day visit the paris opera house, and when i do, i will be on the look out for anything strange, if i see something, i will post it on this website for sure. lol. it is very believable that he still haunts it......

*In every shadow there is light, in every tear a smile. In death I know there still is life that lingers for awhile.*-Anonymous

●I am but a mere black rose....I am but the shadow that cloaks the night, forever bond to darkness...yet am I really such a fright?●

"Death, that hath sucked the honey of thy breath, hath had no power yet upon thy beauty." -Romeo

"I felt myself shrinking and shriveling before her clear, candid gaze. I was once more that small boy, twisting a napkin around my finger in absolute terror that my request would be denied. Such a little thing, really, a kiss...most people don't give it a moment's consideration. They kiss on meeting, they kiss on parting, that simple touching of flesh is taken entirely for granted as a basic human right."-Erik from Susan Kay's Phantom-
death_shadows's Profile Send Private Message death_shadows's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote