The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Beyond the Paris Opera The Masked Ball The Final Threshold Erik's Hall of Mirrors
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Elphie | Gender: female | Age: 24 | Posts: 210 | Roses: 10
Old 09-19-2009 at 02:06 PM
Lady of Music
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11]

I absalutely loved it, and am still some what obsessed. Though it didn't really get a big adverting over here in the UK, I still fell in love with it. Other then a certain couple of actors, i adored the whole thing. I am not one for gore, but as long as they're singing through it I am happy:)

I'm a Dwarf and I am digging a hole
Diggy diggy diggy
I'm digging a hole
Lady of Music's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Saoirse | Gender: Female | Posts: 205 | Roses: 10
Old 10-07-2010 at 03:38 AM
MysticMasquerade
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12]

Call me a freak, but I really love this movie. It's something that a select group of my friends and I adore. It's rather gory, and, let's face it, the singing isn't the greatest, but there's something about it that I love to bits. The setting and characters are all so dystopian. Plus, it's incredibly original. Yay for Repo!

I had everything, opportunities for eternity, and I could belong to the night.

Banner by Cyn!
MysticMasquerade's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Christine | Gender: Mature and clean lady | Posts: 9 | Roses: 10
Old 04-20-2011 at 09:17 PM
PeachOfPersia
Wandering Child
Diva of the opera

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13]

Dystopian setting and gore are reasons why I am refused to see this!

PeachOfPersia's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Shel | Gender: Madame | Age: 26 | Posts: 8 | Roses: 10
Old 09-16-2012 at 11:31 PM
MedusaCascade
Wandering Child
Avid Tea Drinker

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14]

Love, love, LOVE this movie! It's really funny to me because the first time I saw it I was just like, "w-what is this?" But it grew on me and now I listen to the music all the time. The cast is phenomenal. I mean, c'mon, Terrance Zdunich, Sarah Brightman, and Anthony Stewart Head? What more could you ask for? The music, setting, story-line, and back stories for each of the characters are brilliant. If you haven't seen it, you MUST!

"Little Lotte thought of everything and nothing. Her hair was as golden as the sun's rays, and her soul as clear and blue as her eyes. She wheedled her mother, was kind to her doll, took great care of her frock and her red shoes and her fiddle, but loved most of all, when she went to sleep, to hear the Angel of Music."

~Gaston Leroux, The Phantom of the Opera

MedusaCascade's Profile Send Private Message MedusaCascade's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Jennifer | Gender: Female | Age: 27 | Posts: 481 | Roses: 10
Old 11-16-2012 at 02:54 PM
angelgirl
Wandering Child
Nobody's Home.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15]

Well, I still haven't watched this, but I stumbled across the song "At The Opera Tonight" on Youtube, and I LOVE IT! It makes me want to see the whole thing.

Thanks to the wonderful Tiannaangel for my sig!
angelgirl's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Matt | Gender: Male | Posts: 9 | Roses: 10
Old 08-28-2015 at 02:25 AM
MrMojoRisin
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16]

I wanted to like it, I really did... but it was a touch too obnoxious and in-your-face with its edginess. Also, the script has a bad habit of repeating itself over and over (showing important exposition through comic panels, then basically reiterating the same information in song, making the panels seem like filler). Also, while all the other numbers feel like they're propelling the plot forward, "Seventeen" feels INCREDIBLY out of place in lyrical content as well as staging.
MrMojoRisin's Profile Send Private Message MrMojoRisin's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Laurasia | Gender: female | Age: 19 | Posts: 38 | Roses: 10
Old 06-10-2016 at 06:00 AM
VampirePotato
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17]

I saw this movie for the first time last week and absolutely LOVED it. I thought the songs were very well written. My favorites would have to be 21st Century Cure, Zydrate Anatomy, and Chase the Morning.

Don't even get me started on the costumes. GORGEOUS.

A lot of people here have commented on the gore saying it was too much but I get very squeamish and the gore in the movie wasn't as bad as I had expected.

Overall it was a cyberpunk, goth rock extravaganza and I love it to death, nuff said.

I'm under your spell...

VampirePotato's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote