Whenasecretfalls
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [61]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designated Driver View Post
At one time I myself believed in ghosts and truly thought I encountered one in my own house. But now I am skeptical of that encounter. In fact, I don't really believe ghosts exist anymore.

I think you saw something, something that cannot be explained. I just don't think it was Erik. 99% of the story is a fabricated one and that would include the characters as well.
As you want..I know who I saw and I don't nee proof... you can think whatever you want ;) I was The phantom and no one can change this.
Whenasecretfalls's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Linda | Gender: Female | Posts: 147 | Roses: 10
Old 02-24-2015 at 04:17 PM
Designated Driver
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [62]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whenasecretfalls View Post
As you want..I know who I saw and I don't nee proof... you can think whatever you want ;) I was The phantom and no one can change this.
I don't know, I kind of like the thought of an Erik wannabe stalking the opera rather than a character that never existed. It's more tragic, I think. We both can think what we want, can't we? It's the beauty of this forum that allows us to do so, don't you think?
Designated Driver's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Deedee | Gender: Girl | Posts: 14 | Roses: 10
Old 02-24-2015 at 05:07 PM
Whenasecretfalls
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [63]

Quote:
I don't know, I kind of like the thought of an Erik wannabe stalking the opera rather than a character that never existed. It's more tragic, I think. We both can think what we want, can't we? It's the beauty of this forum that allows us to do so, don't you think?
But I told you I saw him, he was front of me, no mask, I saw his face, yes it was recall The phantom, why you don't want to believe me?I saw his face.

Old 02-24-2015 at 05:24 PM
Designated Driver
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [64]

Quote:
But I told you I saw him, he was front of me, no mask, I saw his face, yes it was recall The phantom, why you don't want to believe me?I saw his face.
You said earlier no one had to believe you. Now you want me to believe you?

Old 02-24-2015 at 05:27 PM
Whenasecretfalls
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [65]

Quote:
You said earlier no one had to believe you. Now you want me to believe you?
As you want.I have proof..Many people saw my proof and believe me!Bye.

Old 02-24-2015 at 05:39 PM
Designated Driver
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [66]

Quote:
As you want.I have proof..Many people saw my proof and believe me!Bye.
Maybe I missed something but I thought you said earlier you had no proof.

Old 02-24-2015 at 06:55 PM
Whenasecretfalls
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [67]

Quote:
Maybe I missed something but I thought you said earlier you had no proof.
I never said i have no proof!do you think i would go to a forum to talk to people without poof?I just want to find more people who saw him, but no..and no one from here believe me, i give up!

Old 02-25-2015 at 02:07 PM
Designated Driver
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [68]

deleting post

Name: Chiara | Gender: a young lady | Age: 20 | Posts: 103 | Roses: 10
Old 02-28-2015 at 01:04 PM
Flattering Child
Wandering Child
no emperor received so fair a gift

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [69]

Many people have seen something in the Opera Garnier. That's how Leroux came up with the idea for the novel. It was very common. Many theatre people believe that certain theatres and operas have their own ghosts and the ghost of the Opera Garnier is the most famous one. Of course, there is no proof, but many people have seen (or though they've seen) a ghost in the opera, before Leroux wrote the novel.

Flattering Child's Profile Send Private Message Flattering Child's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2015 at 03:06 PM
Designated Driver
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [70]

I don't doubt anyone when they say they saw something during their visit to the opera. I didn't doubt Whenasecretfalls. I think she did see something. But was what she saw a ghost? I don't know. It may be, but at this point in time there just isn't enough proof out there for me to believe in ghosts.

I myself have seen what I perceived to be an upper body apparition in my own house. Not at night but in the early morning after the sun rose. My husband even claims to have seen it and for years afterwards, I firmly believed in ghosts based on that experience. But since that time, I have become more and more skeptical of their existence despite the fact that I to this day cannot explain what I saw.

I don't believe Erik was ever a real character and when I say that, I'm referring to the character written in Leroux's novel. I'm not talking about someone who could have been the basis for his character. So when Whenasecret says she saw Erik, I am very doubtful because no such person has been proven to exist. I still think Leroux took bits and pieces from real life, mixed in qualities he wanted in a character, and created Erik. Would that include ghost sightings at the opera? Why not? But I also think real life played a part as well. Somewhere out in the internet is a picture of the workmen who built the opera. One of them wore a mask. If Leroux was able to comb through the opera archives, he probably encountered a picture of more than one man wearing a mask. Obviously he liked the idea because Erik not only wears a mask, but relies on it as an important part of his presence.

There's also one final thing I would like to point out that no one has explained as of yet. *IF* the story was a real one and *IF* Erik was a real character who turned into a ghost, why would he be haunting the opera? Christine showed him compassion. He understood and as a result, he shows compassion to her. He even expresses remorse for Raoul's brother and thanks Daroga for being a friend to him. Many people believe this to be a story of redemption because in the end, Erik gives up the ghostly presence and becomes a human being.

A lot of ghost stories supposedly can be traced back to people who had tragic existences that led to tragic deaths. For one reason or another they decided to stay on earth and relive those existences over and over again. But that's not what happened to Erik. He dies, not in tragedy, but in peace. And from what I gather of the story, he never wanted to be a ghost in the first place.