Old 05-18-2005 at 02:06 AM
Christine Daaé
Wandering Child
House Patron
Angel of Music

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11] »

Am I the only one who cried at the end of the movie? I adored the movie version of it -- "Gethsemane" is my favorite song. I especially love it when Michael Crawford sings it on his ALW anthology -- he has such passion, such pain behind every word. Don't mean to brag, but the best part about "Gethsemane" is, I can sing it -- soprano!

~ Zelda de le Fantôme

Christine Daaé's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Steve | Gender: Male | Age: 29 | Posts: 2,021 | Roses: 35
Old 05-21-2005 at 08:51 PM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12] »

I haven't tried to sing the songs from the movie or play yet, lol. I haven't cried during the songs but I've definitely have had chills run up my spine. I don't know what it is about it that makes me feel that way, heh.
The Phantom's Profile Send Private Message The Phantom's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: KT Mae | Gender: Hungry Chipmunk | Age: 28 | Posts: 4,322 | Roses: 25
Old 05-22-2005 at 06:53 PM
The Khanum
Ballet Mistress
House Patron
» DAZLIOUS «

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13] »

My absolute favorite song in JCS is "I Don't Know How to Love Him." I am flippin' obsessed with that song...I hum it all the time. Lots of the people at my church were upset with the way Mary was portrayed as being in love with Jesus, but I actually really liked that.

And no, Zelda, you weren't the only one who cried... I shed a little tear at the end, too.

Hey, did anybody else feel really bad for Judas? I mean, I'm not sure if you're supposed to or anything, but I felt so sorry for the guy...

~Erik is my Hero

♦ so why did you bawl from the spell of some old holy song? ♦

some liar laughed as he composed, some liar i loved to control
<b>The Khanum</b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b>The Khanum</b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2005 at 08:59 PM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14] »

Lol, I watched part of the movie the other day in band class when we didn't have anything to do. I would say it's been nearly two years since I saw the movie for the first time... and probably more than that.
The Phantom's Profile Send Private Message The Phantom's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 31 | Posts: 25 | Roses: 10
Old 05-26-2005 at 03:54 AM
andydrumm05
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15] »

I own the first movie...Awesome...I have the movie soundtrack...somewhere...haven't been able to find it in about 3 years...but I have bought the Origional Cast Recording....Love it!!! My most fav song is King Harod's song!!! It's so funny, and I love it.

I really want to see it on stage, but the closest thing to that is the movie...so I guess I can watch JCS anytime I want....but not same as stage though....

This beautiful banner made by the talented phantomphreak
andydrumm05's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2005 at 10:07 PM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16] »

Jesus Christ Superstar has already gone off Broadway in New York City but I'm sure its somewhere on tour right now. Let me search again on Broadway World and see if I can find the tour schedule:

Ok, there is no tour schedule. :(

Name: | Gender: | Age: 32 | Posts: 1 | Roses: 10
Old 06-02-2005 at 08:29 PM
Eris
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17] »

Watching JCS made me much more sympathetic to Judas, it humanized his character. If there was ever a play like that based around God and Lucifer, that would be great~! I love all the songs he sing, especially the sonng Damned for all time.

Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.
Eris's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: KT Mae | Gender: Hungry Chipmunk | Age: 28 | Posts: 4,322 | Roses: 25
Old 07-30-2005 at 09:43 PM
The Khanum
Ballet Mistress
House Patron
» DAZLIOUS «

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [18] »

BIG IMPORTANT RUMOR MILL NEWS, EVERYBODY! LISTEN UP!

::Clears throat importantly::

There's an article being passed around gb.net...there's no evidence behind it (yet), but if anything comes out of it, I shall be the happiest Gerik-lover on earth.

New Webber Movies...JCS < Read down about three-quarters of the way through for JCS news...there's also some stuff in there about Joseph and Sunset Boulevard.

Enjoy!

♦ so why did you bawl from the spell of some old holy song? ♦

some liar laughed as he composed, some liar i loved to control
<b>The Khanum</b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b>The Khanum</b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 27 | Posts: 631 | Roses: 10
Old 08-30-2005 at 04:59 PM
The_Persian
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [19] »

I thought Jesus Christ Superstar was OK... yes only OK. Maybe that's because I was comparing it toPOTO instead of going in with an open mind. But parts like "What's the buzz, tell me whats a-happinin" went on for sooooooooooooooo long I actually had to fast forward through some of it. It made me cry though.... when Jesus said "Will no one stay a wake with me?" and when he died.... :(

Made by the marvolous \'Mae\'
The_Persian's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Syio | Gender: Dragonlover | Posts: 942 | Roses: 10
Old 09-09-2005 at 02:21 AM
syioandthephantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Victory!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [20] »

I really liked this, I own the first movie. At first(and still) I though it was strange, which it is, but it has a good story, and aweosme songs. I was amazed. It made meh cry...*sniffle*

If the silence takes me, then I hope it takes you too.

Cause darling,
what did you
expect? <33
syioandthephantom's Profile Send Private Message syioandthephantom's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote