Old 06-24-2005 at 03:15 PM
The_Persian
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11]

Quote:
I can't imagine seeing a pantomime version of it... without speaking as well I presume? That seems rather odd, lol. But I take your word for it, it must have been good!
it had words and singing, (not a traditional pantomime, i know) but the really cool thing about it is that we got to join in! when dorothy or any other character asked a question, the audiance would yell the answer! eg: "Oh, wwheres todo?" "BEIND YOU!!" childish, but amusing

Made by the marvolous \'Mae\'
The_Persian's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Posts: 35 | Roses: 10
Old 06-24-2005 at 05:15 PM
Mystery
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12]

I have only seen the movie version but I would love to see it on stage because i'm sure it would be thrilling. I love the storyline of this, but the wizard thing scared me as a little kid.
Mystery's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: C!Christine | Gender: Female | Posts: 1,937 | Roses: 10
Old 06-25-2005 at 06:59 PM
Luciana
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13]

I've seen the movie, but I've never seen the stage version. My third grade teacher made us read the book too, but it wasnt anywhere as good as the movie. That was one of my favorite movies growing up.

|Lydia | The PPP |
Psssh, I have no artistic talent like this. It\'s all KT. Except Sam. Sam\'s mom can [s]take the blame[/s] claim credit for her.
Luciana's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Manda | Gender: Female | Age: 31 | Posts: 167 | Roses: 10
Old 06-25-2005 at 07:24 PM
Always_Erik_Fan
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14]

I absolutely LOVE "The Wizard of Oz", but I never knew that there was a stage version... *feels culturally deprived*

My favorite character USED to be... *ponders* I suppose Glinda, but now would anyone care to guess who it is? *points to status*

And here's a question: Would the song "Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead" be from the stage production? *feels stupid but HAD to ask*
Always_Erik_Fan's Profile Send Private Message Always_Erik_Fan's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 06-25-2005 at 09:27 PM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15]

I've never seen the stage show, but I think the film was made first, and then they based the stage show on that. :D I'm now wondering how certain effects were done in a live performance (Glinda, the Wizard, the flying monkeys, etc.)

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Steve | Gender: Male | Age: 29 | Posts: 2,021 | Roses: 35
Old 06-26-2005 at 04:43 AM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16]

I'm not completely sure myself lol. Theres always the travellers that can have stuff hung on them and such like that. Card board monkies flying through the air, lol. Theres such a thing as stage magic. ;)
The Phantom's Profile Send Private Message The Phantom's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Posts: 17 | Roses: 10
Old 06-27-2005 at 06:51 PM
Child of the Wilderness
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17]

I was in Wizard of Oz in March....it was done as the usual school production. It was really good. I was a Lady of Oz.

The flying monkey's didn't fly as such...we had the Jitterbug song! I loved the routine!

~Child of the Wilderness
Born into Emptiness
Learning to be Lonely~
Child of the Wilderness's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Posts: 133 | Roses: 10
Old 06-28-2005 at 01:53 AM
angelofmusic
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [18]

I'm really hoping that this church that puts on plays every summer decides to do the Wizard of Oz. My dad told me that when he saw it as a kid that he was absolutely scared of the flying monkeys. I don't blame him. They're freaky!!

angelofmusic's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Steve | Gender: Male | Age: 29 | Posts: 2,021 | Roses: 35
Old 06-28-2005 at 07:26 AM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [19]

Aww. I'm excited to see how the monkeys and stuff are going to be done. I know everything will be excellent no matter what.
The Phantom's Profile Send Private Message The Phantom's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 06-24-2007 at 06:08 PM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [20]

The high school my mom teaches at put on that play. Soon after, the Junior who played Dorthy got a record deal. The next year, she was in A Chritmas Carol. She had an amazing voice. She was my mom's student. She was also very smart.

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote