Old 06-22-2005 at 11:18 PM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
The Wizard of Oz  Post [1]

I've seen the movie but I never saw the stage version, though I was suppose to a long time ago but I got sick that day with my third grade class or something. But I'm excited about possibly being in this musical because the local Theater House is having auditions for "The Wizard of Oz" in January. I'm not sure who I'd want to be yet. ;)
The Phantom's Profile Send Private Message The Phantom's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Posts: 133 | Roses: 10
Old 06-23-2005 at 12:00 AM
angelofmusic
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

^^ Same here. I wish I could see the stage version. If I could be in Wizard of Oz, I would probably try out for Dorothy. Theough, I'm not sure I would get the part. I love the music. :) "Somewhere over the rainbow."

angelofmusic's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Steve | Gender: Male | Age: 29 | Posts: 2,021 | Roses: 35
Old 06-23-2005 at 02:32 AM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

Theres plenty of male roles in the musical so I might check out Tin Man, The Lion, the Wizard of Oz, or the Scarecrow. But I'd want to check out parts that sing a lot. This is my chance. ;)
The Phantom's Profile Send Private Message The Phantom's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 27 | Posts: 631 | Roses: 10
Old 06-23-2005 at 02:34 AM
The_Persian
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

when i was in england last year, i saw the pantomime or the Wizard of Oz... it was brillant!

Made by the marvolous \'Mae\'
The_Persian's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2005 at 03:18 AM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

I can't imagine seeing a pantomime version of it... without speaking as well I presume? That seems rather odd, lol. But I take your word for it, it must have been good!

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 06-23-2005 at 07:31 AM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6]

Manoa Valley Theater did an outstanding production last year. Best of luck to you, Steve!

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2005 at 07:34 AM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7]

Thank you! I'm planning on possibly doing voice lessons so I can be of some quality by this January. I can sing but I'd love to be better than I am now. But hmm... I really can't decide which character I'd want to be.

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 06-23-2005 at 05:00 PM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8]

Yes, that's always a good idea. No matter how good one gets, there's always room for improvement. :)

If you can't decide who you really want to play, are you allowed to audition for multiple characters, and let the director decide? That's what our local theaters normally do.

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2005 at 05:22 AM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9]

I'm not sure yet because this would be the first time I've done community theater where I live. I'm used to school plays and stuff, as well as Young Actor's Theater. Adults and Children combined will be auditioning for the parts in the Wizard of Oz. :)

Name: | Gender: | Age: 28 | Posts: 333 | Roses: 10
Old 06-24-2005 at 02:11 PM
cinty
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10]

I've seen it on stage. it was really marvellous! it was a huge production, so very very lavish and well done. I loved every minute. it also had an extra song, not in the movie, called "the jitterbug" which i absolutely loved. it was a brilliant show. I love the wizard of oz, so cute. i would to see it on stage again some day.

Please join:Erik\'s Phans!,Exceptional Beauties and Erik\'s Lair
I am a Raoul/Christine shipper and PROUD of it!!!
cinty's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote