The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera The Lair of the Phantom Persian Music Box
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Jamie or Jamie~Beth | Gender: Just a smalltown girl | Age: 26 | Posts: 899 | Roses: 0
Old 04-18-2007 at 03:40 AM
THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK
Wandering Child
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
The Producers  Post [1]

I was actually surprised that there wasn't a thread for this...

Has anybody seen this? I swear, I was crying from laughter when I first saw the movie. "Der Gutten Tag Hop-Clop" was falarious (my new word!), and I perform this on Wednseday Nights at church with a friend of mine. And I LOVE Roger and Carmen- they're just plain funny!

So has anybody else seen it? What did you think?

I'm Lifting You Up, I'm Letting You Down
I'm Dancing Til Dawn, I'm Fooling Around

I'm Not Giving Up, I'm Making Your Love
This City's Made Us Crazy And We Must Get Out
Thank you so much to Kearyn and Chrissy for all my banners, both goofy and sexy!
THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 04-18-2007 at 04:48 AM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

I love this show! My first experience with the musical version was listening to the movie soundtrack; prior to that, I had seen the 1960s film with Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder. After hearing the new movie soundtrack, I listened to the original Broadway cast, and then saw the film itself. I still haven't had a chance to see it live on stage, though.

I adore the original film and the musical... Yes, they do rely on somewhat offensive humour, but in my case, I rarely find things funny unless they offend me at least a little... so it's all good. I want to play Franz Liebkind (Will Ferrel's character in the new movie) one day... Either him, or Roger DeBris. :D

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Jamie or Jamie~Beth | Gender: Just a smalltown girl | Age: 26 | Posts: 899 | Roses: 0
Old 04-21-2007 at 02:42 AM
THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK
Wandering Child
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

I've seen both movies, 1960-something and 2005. I haven't seen it on stage yet, but I haven't seen anything on stage... except for "Broadway Through the Years," where all the high schools in the parish (or county, since parishes only exsist in Louisiana) get together and perform a song from different Broadway musicals. But that didn't have "The Producers"... and I believe teachers would think it "too offensive" for high school students.

But whats humor without offense?

And I'm taking theater next year... and I think I'm gonna perform Franz Liebkind's Churchill monologue "With his rotten paintings! Now Hitler, there was a painter. He could paint an entire apartment in one afternoon, two coats."

I'm Lifting You Up, I'm Letting You Down
I'm Dancing Til Dawn, I'm Fooling Around

I'm Not Giving Up, I'm Making Your Love
This City's Made Us Crazy And We Must Get Out
Thank you so much to Kearyn and Chrissy for all my banners, both goofy and sexy!
THeFaCeiNTHeMaSK's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Gen | Gender: Just A Girl | Age: 30 | Posts: 16 | Roses: 10
Old 04-25-2007 at 03:12 PM
bohemian
Wandering Child
Perfectly Marvellous

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

The Producers is one of my favorites - I absolutely love Matthew Broderick as Leo Bloom. He's so adorable!

I remember going to see the movie with my parents and we all enjoyed it. Even though my father was paying more attention to Uma Thurman than anything else.

A long time ago, in the underground realm, where there are no lies or pain, there lived a Princess who dreamt of the human world. She dreamt of blue skies, soft breeze and sunshine. One day, eluding her keepers, the Princess escaped. Once outside, the brightness blinded her and erased every trace of the past from her memory. She forgot who she was, and where she came from. Her body suffered cold, sickness and pain. Eventually she died. However, her father, the King, always knew that the Princess' soul would return, perhaps in another body, in another place, at another time. And he would wait for her, until he drew his last breath, until the world stopped turning...
And it is said that the Princess returned to her father's kingdom. That she reigned there with justice and a kind heart for many centuries. That she was loved by her people. And that she left behind small traces of her time on Earth, visible only to those who know where to look.
bohemian's Profile Send Private Message bohemian's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Azzy | Gender: Male | Age: 31 | Posts: 40 | Roses: 10
Old 04-25-2007 at 05:29 PM
Azure Serenity
Wandering Child
Composer of the Heart

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

I only saw the movie that recently came out, but let me tell ya, it was absolutely wonderful. All the crude and offensive humor that I expected was there, and the all star cast already blew me away.

I think my sanity finally cracked when I heard this part::

"Never say good luck, you say break a leg"

"Ok, break a leg."

Crash...bang...smash....

"Ohhhh, I broke my leg..."

It took a while for my girlfriend to get me to stop laughing, actually we had to pause the movie because I was in hysterics.
Azure Serenity's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 06-21-2007 at 12:37 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6]

I, too, saw the original film many years ago. When I saw the musical film, I couldn't help but see the originals in the producers' roles. I've always been a Matthew Broderick fan, and he is very cute in this.

I was STUNNED by Uma Thurman! My admiration for this actress keeps growing--Venus, Emma Peel, Poison Ivy and other varied roles. That the same woman could be wonderful in "The Truth About Cats & Dogs", "Kill Bill" (both), and "The Producers" is quite remarkable. She and Matthew did a beautiful, funny dance number that makes me wish they'd be teamed in other musicals.

I'm surprised that people are OK with Brooks' rather inappropriate humor. So, why have others come under fire for the same sort of humor when it's OK for him to do it? This leaves me very confused I must say. I like a lot of his stuff, but he does get too crude. (I don't think I'm that much of a prude, am I?)

This is the only time I've been able to tolerate Will Ferrell. Honestly, I haven't been able to finish watching any movie he appears in except for "The Producers", in which he is enjoyable. I place him in the same category as Adam Sandler. I know both have their share of fans, but I'm definitely not one. But, I'll give Ferrell points for this performance.

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Tanya | Gender: I'm an it. | Posts: 68 | Roses: 10
Old 08-22-2007 at 08:56 PM
Taka
Wandering Child
Pinnapple

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7]

The musical's ok. Not the best, but it's pretty cool. It also has a soft spot in my heart, because if it weren't for my early obsession with Roger Debris, then I would have never entered the realm of Broadway. I remember being this avid Gary Beach fan girl. Too bad he never responded to any of my emails.

Now, I'm no longer an avid Gary Beach fan girl. There are funnier Roger DeBrises than Gary Beach. Fortunately, I saw one of them live at the Kennedy Center. But then again, Lee Roy Reams *did* do the Challenge Tap, which wasn't present in the movie. That was my favorite scene, so that might have affected my judgement alot.

My other favorite character would have to be Franz Liebkind. He gets the catchiest song in the musical, the one that starts with "Haben" and ends with "Band" that I'm not gonna even bother typing down!

So yeah. "The Producers" owns.

Carlotta fan, Erik stalker. Heh.
Taka's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Abhik | Gender: Male | Age: 25 | Posts: 8 | Roses: 10
Old 09-23-2007 at 10:45 PM
Phanatic2000
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8]

I was shocked by "Springtime for Hitler"
But I LOVED it. Can't get it out of my head!
"Don't be stupid, be a smarty, come and Join the Nazi Party!"
http://www.phantoms-opera.com/images...es/biggrin.gif
:D

"Poor, unhappy Erik! Shall we pity him? Shall we curse him? He asked only to be "some one," like everybody else. But he was too ugly! And he had to hide his genius or use it to play tricks with, when, with an ordinary face, he would have been one of the most distinguished of mankind! He had a heart that could have held the empire of the world; and, in the end, he had to content himself with a cellar."(Gaston Leroux)
Phanatic2000's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote