Name: | Gender: | Age: 29 | Posts: 5 | Roses: 10
Old 03-01-2007 at 03:51 AM
phantomoutcast
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Evita  Post [1]

I love Evita, it's one of my favorite musicals after Phantom of the Opera. Perhaps it's because of the Andrew Lloyd Webber factor, who knows. The version that I like is the 1979 broadway version with Patti Lupone as Eva and Mandy Patinkin as Che. Talk about a perfect cast! ;)

Who else here likes Evita?

What's your favorite version?

Favorite character/actor?

Evita movie as good as the broadway musical?

Best musical ever after Phantom?

I'm excited for your inputs! :D

If you don\'t believe me, ask the man behind me with the flame-thrower. He only works for me part time, but he\'s a full time Phantom!

Proud poster of PG.net! Go there! Now! Do it!
phantomoutcast's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Faye/Glinda/Mrs. Lovett | Gender: Female | Age: 29 | Posts: 192 | Roses: 10
Old 03-01-2007 at 04:32 AM
Kristin Chenoweth
Wandering Child
pride. kiss my tiara.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

Unfortunately, I've never had the opportunity to see the show performed live on stage, but I have had the opportunity to hear several clips from the Patti LuPone/Mandy Patinkin cast.

And although it comes as quite a shock, I have to say that although I love Patti's voice, and her as an actress, I actually find that I prefer Madonna in the role. For some reason, Patti comes across in most of the songs (other than "Don't Cry For Me, Argentina," in which she does outshine Madonna) as terribly wooden, and I don't feel as though it's vocally attractive.

In "A New Argentina," I actually have to turn the volume on my computer down significantly because she yells. At least, in my opinion.

And Mandy Patinkin as Che? Psh. Antonio Banderas is better. I guess I just have a real problem seeing Mandy in the role. I mean, come on...Antonio. He has the accent, he has the image, and I don't mind staring at him for two and a half hours. His "Oh! What a Circus" is ten times better than Mandy's.

So yes, this might be a little bit skewed since I've only ever seen the film version, but still. I think another reason I prefer Madonna is because she really is so much like Eva. She pulled herself up to celebrity status by constantly reinventing herself. Eva was basically the first Material Girl.

But anyway, on to your questions --

1) Obviously, I love it. I would love to play Eva someday.
2) The film.
3) Antonio Banderas as Che, Jonathan Pryce as Peron.
4) Can't say. I've only seen the film.
5) Ummm...no. But that's because I don't consider Phantom the best musical ever. Yes, I know that could subject me to stoning from a large number of people on this board, but I don't. I don't know what I do consider the best musical ever, but it isn't Phantom.

Anywho. Yes. That's my...dollar. Because it's a lot more than two cents.

has anyone ever sung you a lullaby? you can fly above the rainclouds, close your eyes
let the melody carry you, leave all your fears behind
and float across a rainbow sky to once upon a time...
Kristin Chenoweth's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 29 | Posts: 5 | Roses: 10
Old 03-01-2007 at 12:10 PM
phantomoutcast
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

Quote:
Originally posted by Kristin Chenoweth And Mandy Patinkin as Che? Psh. Antonio Banderas is better. I guess I just have a real problem seeing Mandy in the role. I mean, come on...Antonio. He has the accent, he has the image, and I don't mind staring at him for two and a half hours. His "Oh! What a Circus" is ten times better than Mandy's.
I was very shocked while reading that, my jaw dropped to the floor.

I do agree that Antonio has more of the image of what Che looks like, and the fact that he's smoking hot, but I'm graciously disagreeing about the rest. IMO, Mandy's voice is better because he is professionally trained and he can nail the higher vibratto notes like in "A New Argentina."

I've never seen the show either, I wasn't born yet when they had it, but I do have the CD for it and from the movie as well.

Johnathan Pryce has a good, sweet voice. Although it's sad that the songs didn't really suit him, I think.

If you don\'t believe me, ask the man behind me with the flame-thrower. He only works for me part time, but he\'s a full time Phantom!

Proud poster of PG.net! Go there! Now! Do it!
phantomoutcast's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Olivia | Gender: Female | Age: 30 | Posts: 27 | Roses: 10
Old 04-18-2007 at 12:12 PM
Constanze Giry
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

I'm going up to London with my family i May and along with The Phantom (it'll be my 2nd time yay!) I'll be going to see the new Evita which stars Elena Roger.

It should be good because i enjoyed the movie alot (except for Jimmy Nail he annoyed me for some reason) So I can't wait
Constanze Giry's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 05-22-2007 at 01:21 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

I've only seen the movie, and not even the whole thing, but what I saw of it I loved if that counts.

Edit 1: Scratch that. I bought the movie the other day and the soundtrack and that's all I've been watching, singing, or listeing to. I love it. There are a few I like to skip, but the rest of it is amazing.

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote