Name: | Gender: | Age: 31 | Posts: 25 | Roses: 10
Old 09-13-2005 at 03:35 AM
andydrumm05
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [21]

JCS has such passion in it. I alomst love it as much as I do POTO, but I still love POTO better...I think there may be one musical that I might like better than POTO, and that would be "Aspects of Love" But that is for a different discussion.

As I had read earlier in this thread, someone had said something about it being more about Judas, and they are right. It's the last like 2 weeks of Jesus' life, as told by Judas.

But my all time fav from JCS is King Herod's Song!! I love it!! I have heard 4 different versions of it, and love all 4 of them!! Then would have to be I don't know how to love him....love that song!!

There are so many great things about this musical, I could go on for days!! But I won't...so I guess this will have to do lol

This beautiful banner made by the talented phantomphreak
andydrumm05's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 28 | Posts: 89 | Roses: 10
Old 11-05-2005 at 09:48 PM
Wishing
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [22]

I haven't seen the film, or the play, but I adore the music. My mom has the CD from when she saw the play many years ago. Some of my favorite songs aare "Gethsemane" (so sad, but it is so well sung, and great tune), "Heaven on their Minds", "Superstar", "I don't know how to Love Him", and basically all of the other ones too.

wishing . you . were . somehow . here . again
Wishing's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 11-23-2005 at 10:50 PM
Wishing
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [23]

I just rented the older one last weekend, and I must say, it is interesting... I love the CD that I've been listening to, and I wasn't impressed with the movie. I think that the person who played Jesus could have done a better job.

Name: KT Mae | Gender: Hungry Chipmunk | Age: 28 | Posts: 4,322 | Roses: 25
Old 11-24-2005 at 12:22 AM
The Khanum
Ballet Mistress
House Patron
DAZLIOUS

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [24]

Courtney... Do you mean wall-eyed Jesus? Ted Neeley? I liked him in the movie, but I must say, I prefer the newer 2000 version better. Don't ask me why, 'cause I have no idea. Maybe it's their Mary...I think she looks more 'Mary Magdeline'-ish.

Have you seen the 2000 version? It's set in semi-modern times, so I think it works better with the music and such.

♦ so why did you bawl from the spell of some old holy song? ♦

some liar laughed as he composed, some liar i loved to control
<b>The Khanum</b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b>The Khanum</b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Posts: 88 | Roses: 10
Old 11-24-2005 at 12:45 AM
Darkest Night
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [25]

I saw the 2000 version last year for a religion class, I thought it was pretty good. I would see it again if I had the tape.

sig\'s by KT Thankees KT!

Peter Laryn
Darkest Night's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2005 at 07:22 PM
Wishing
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [26]

Quote:
Courtney... Do you mean wall-eyed Jesus? Ted Neeley? I liked him in the movie, but I must say, I prefer the newer 2000 version better. Don't ask me why, 'cause I have no idea. Maybe it's their Mary...I think she looks more 'Mary Magdeline'-ish.
Yeah, the Ted Neeley version was the one that I saw. I've never seen the newer one. It isn't at any of the movie rental places where I live. Ian Gillan is Jesus in the CD that my mom bought. He does an excellent job at singing. Maybe I would have liked Ted Neeley a little better if I had listened to him first for awhile, but I just love Ian Gillan's voice. Maybe my parents will get me the other JCS for Christmas...

Name: Faye/Glinda/Mrs. Lovett | Gender: Female | Age: 29 | Posts: 192 | Roses: 10
Old 08-14-2006 at 04:01 PM
Kristin Chenoweth
Wandering Child
pride. kiss my tiara.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [27]

I agree, the 2000 version is much better than the Ted Neeley version, because I find Glenn Carter to have a prettier voice. Of course, Ian Gillan is amazing, although I don't particularly like his version of "Gethsemane"...

...because Michael Ball's version is the best one I've ever heard. He doesn't scream, like so many others do. Which makes me loooove him. If you guys get a chance, listen to it. It's truly spectacular.

But I saw it on stage once as a professional production, and I saw it once as a church production. I was lucky enough to see Barry Dennen (Pontius Pilate on the "Brown Album," the OBC) as King Herod. It was really cool - he was actually terrific as Herod.

As for Judas, Murray Head is the best one I've heard. (Interesting Fact: He's the older brother of Anthony Stewart Head, who played Giles in Buffy.) I just love the tone and quality of his voice.

Favorite Mary Magdalene is hard, because I like Yvonne Elliman, but Renee Castle (2000 version) was really, really good.

Before I go on forever, the basic idea is that I love the show, it's up there among my favorites, I love the 2000 version the most, and I'd love to be in it/see it again.

Favorite songs: "Gethsemane," "This Jesus Must Die," "Could We Start Again, Please?," "I Don't Know How to Love Him," and "Hosanna."

has anyone ever sung you a lullaby? you can fly above the rainclouds, close your eyes
let the melody carry you, leave all your fears behind
and float across a rainbow sky to once upon a time...
Kristin Chenoweth's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 03-17-2008 at 10:24 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [28]

I love this musical!! I sang I Don't Know How To Love Him for a party, church, and for my audition!!! I actually got in the school from the audition!! *tear of joy* and well I love Mary Mag...she's such a strong character in the entire bible. She was there when Jesus was in the tomb. Her life is so distorted and lost, but thank Jesus she's become who she is today! I love Sarah as the part she does such a great job for it!! I plan on seeing it one day in London!

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote