Name: Andrew | Gender: Male | Age: 35 | Posts: 13 | Roses: 10
Old 01-15-2008 at 10:40 AM
Phantom_warlow
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Phantom stage show dvd?  Post [1]

Was KISS member Paul Stanley in a stage show of Phantom of the opera and was it available on dvd? or has any other version of the stage show been put onto dvd?

Any help please?
Phantom_warlow's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Linds | Gender: Female | Age: 33 | Posts: 30 | Roses: 10
Old 01-15-2008 at 01:27 PM
PhantomonaBudget
Wandering Child
Opera Ghost

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

Paul Stanley was in the Toronto production for the last several months of the run. That show was never put on DVD, and no other production has been officially put on DVD. Key word there, of course, being "official." There are many, many bootlegs, including pro-shot bootlegs, but those are not meant for public distribution. I wouldn't expect to see an official DVD of the show until it closes, if at all.

~Lindsey

PhantomonaBudget's Profile Send Private Message PhantomonaBudget's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Emmy/Dolly/Eight/Dare | Gender: Mademoiselle | Posts: 853 | Roses: 10
Old 01-20-2008 at 07:44 PM
phantom's_rose
Wandering Child
Can't say I'm sad to see you go..<3

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

I had NO idea Paul had anything to do with POTO...he does rock my sox, but...what does he even have to do with the Phantom? I really have no idea...but I wish it had been put on DVD so I could see it.

I'll never let this go, but I can't find the words to tell you

I don't want to be alone, but now I feel like I don't know you
Opinions I would try and rewrite
If life had background music playing your song
I've got to be honest, I tried to escape you
But the orchestra plays on

~Banners by Tianna, Chrissy, Mark, and Jasmine~1 of 4 Proud Spouses to Viktoria!~Special thanks to Hayley W. and Stephan C.~
~I love little Mr. Bob ~
phantom's_rose's Profile Send Private Message phantom's_rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Linds | Gender: Female | Age: 33 | Posts: 30 | Roses: 10
Old 01-20-2008 at 10:39 PM
PhantomonaBudget
Wandering Child
Opera Ghost

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

Paul's apparently always been a huge fan of the show and had seen the production several times. It's really the only stunt casting I've seen done in any production. He wasn't highly regarded performance wise, and I didn't particularly care for his performance, but I give him a lot of credit for trying. He seemed to approach it with a lot of respect.

~Lindsey

PhantomonaBudget's Profile Send Private Message PhantomonaBudget's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 01-21-2008 at 05:45 PM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

Apparently, there was a fan-made bootleg DVD of the show -- I believe you can find clips from it on YouTube. Naturally, since it's a bootleg and not an official recording, the camera is sometimes jerky, or it captures the head of the person sitting in front... little things like that. It's not the best performance I've heard from Paul Stanley, though; he cracks majorly on the 'be' in "Music of the Night," but I've heard a much better rendition of the song from him.

I agree that while Paul wasn't among the greatest actors to play Erik, he did deserve a lot of credit for the attempt. I think the main problem was that he drew most of his performance from Dave Willets (the first Phantom he saw live, according to an interview; they really did seem very similar in terms of acting). Unfortunately, Dave wasn't a very 'rock-ish' Phantom. If Paul had instead tried to draw from someone like Peter Karrie or Glyn Kerslake, I think it would have fit his voice and performance style a lot better.

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote