Name: Lizzie | Gender: a lady | Posts: 4 | Roses: 10
Old 04-11-2007 at 02:41 AM
Elizabeth
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
The Paris Opera House  Post [1] »

I AM THE HAPPIEST PERSON IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!!! This summer I'm going to Paris so that means I'm going to visit the Paris Opera House. The problem is that I heard you couldn't go to the boxes etc. What do you know about it?
Elizabeth's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Chris | Gender: Male | Age: 29 | Posts: 34 | Roses: 2
Old 04-11-2007 at 03:45 AM
Lord Moe
Wandering Child
Canis Mortis, the Lyrical Tenor

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

Cool!! That would be a really cool visit, you're lucky.

If I visited there, I would kill to visit Box #5. As you said, you probably can't, but I would want to do it so much. I would also kill to check out if the lake is still there (is it?). I guess I'm a pretty corrupt person eh? Killing all these people for my phantom obsession, lol.

"...and I was made to remember that, although he was not an angel, nor a ghost, nor a genius, he remained the voice...for he sang. And I listened...and stayed!... That night, we did not exchange another word. He sang me to sleep."
- The Phantom of the Opera, by Gaston Leroux
Lord Moe's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Lizzie | Gender: a lady | Posts: 4 | Roses: 10
Old 04-11-2007 at 10:27 PM
Elizabeth
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] »

The lakes still there if it wasn't the stage would collapse or something like that.
Elizabeth's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Lizzie | Gender: W-O-M-A-N | Age: 28 | Posts: 2,248 | Roses: 0
Old 04-11-2007 at 10:34 PM
Night feather
Wandering Child
Puppet Master

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] »

Hey namesister :D

I visted the Paris opera three years ago, and I must dissapoint you, you are not allowed to go into the boxes (though I did press my face flat against the glass in the box 5 door), into the performers quaters or the lake... At least i wasn't when I was there. Of course if you get a guided tour or something maybe you will be able to go to said places, I don't know since I wasn't on one. You can try and tjeck it out when you get there, as far as I recall they had a few of them during the day. Perhaps they have a website you can try and tjeck out.

But even if you're not allowed into the "phantom places" it is an absolutely wonderful place to visit. It is a magnificient building.

I hope I was of some help to you.

Repress And Restrain. Steal The Pressure And The Pain

Wash The Blood Off Your Hands. This Time She Won't Understand
Night feather's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kelli | Gender: Female | Posts: 17 | Roses: 10
Old 04-26-2007 at 06:01 AM
moonfire2007
Wandering Child
Moonfire

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5] »

I heard from a couple people that you have to attend the French speaking group tour to get down where the lake is, and that you have to climb down a hole in the floor somewhere on a ladder! I've also heard of some people getting into Box 5 when the guard left his post for a few moments, but got caught and reprimanded later. So you gotta be careful. But there ARE ways around the system. I'm going in three years myself and am taking French so I'll see how far I get. I also have a friend with a Phantom site with stories about real encounters with Erik's ghost...that's another story entirely. Some of these people visited the Opera and experienced prickling tingles when they went to certain areas, like one girl discovered an accidentally left open passageway by the fountain under one of the staircases and swears Erik's ghost was in there. Other's have taken pictures and gotten orbs and shadow people in them when they were developed, so I know there are several ghosts there, including Erik's. It's no wonder the staff don't want to talk about it. I'm sure a LOT of things go on over there that they know of because they work there every day. But they don't want a crowd of already nosy tourists(especially us Americans, lol) poking about the opera looking for spooks. But I'm gonna do it anyway...just real discreetly. Just looking around, thank you. My, the architecture is amazing here(here, ghosty-ghosty-ghosty!)
moonfire2007's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 03-17-2008 at 08:39 PM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6] »

That's cool. I'm sure if you did a lot of reading between the lines in the Phantom book, you could probabally find a lot of other passageways that no one thinks about and check there. You can always get a tour guide (as Lizzie pointed out) if sneaking about doesn't work or gets you into trouble. Or if you're fast enough, just sneak into a passageway, but I'm sure with it being 2008 and all, there are probabally secret servalince cameras around everywhere. So if going down doesn't work out, just think of it differently think OMG! Raoul de Chagny has walked this floor!!! or I betcha Christine slept here... or stuff like that.

Personally, I think they should have left it open. A lot of people would come to France, to the opera house and only want to see the lake or box five. The opera house will only lose money if they block off all of the famous areas. But that's just me.

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 03-17-2008 at 10:33 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7] »

I wanna go!!! take me with you!!!!!!!!! I wish that you could see the lake or box 5 or whatever is phan related!!!....it would be like running through history!!!! yell and squealing saying, "Christine Daae walked on this floor!" or "Raoul was here!!! OMG Maddie's soo gonna kill me!--one of millions of my friends that love Raoul( which is basically all of them!)--" or as Maria would say! "Erik--if that dead corpse was really him--was haunting these very halls I wanna haunt them too" I and I'd say, "Get a life...with a real man!" then she'd say! "you have the same prob!" "no I don't!" "then how?..." "He lives!!!" "Where!" "Inside my mind!!!!" hehe jk!!!! but that would be funny!!!!

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Franzi | Gender: female | Age: 33 | Posts: 2 | Roses: 10
Old 03-19-2008 at 06:29 PM
Lady Gahan
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8] »

*smiles*
I went there about five years ago. And there were two REALLY creepy things happening to me...

Quite close to the entrance you can find a gift shop and next to it is rather dark corner. We just strolled by and suddenly I could see a f*cking white mask behind that shop... almost glowing somewhere in the dark. I almost jumped into my boyfriend's arms... :D Luckily, I realized pretty soon that it was only the mask and nothing else. It was put up there on a dark stick at the height of a tall man. Really... that freaked me out...

The second thing was even scarier... There is a room in the opera where the walls are completely made of mirrors. It's called la salle de la danse. We went in there... looked around and suddenly I realized that my own mirrored image was a little distorted. I went closer and found a small gap at the end of one mirror. I (of course...) put my hand into it and... slowly it swung open. There was no such thing as a door handle on the outside. It was MEANT to be opened from BEHIND the mirror. (???) I opened it a little wider and actually stepped into it. And guess what I found? A hallway... leading about two floors up and some down. I couldn't see how far because the lonely bulb that hung there didn't reach that far. There were spider webs everywhere and it was cold. There was a faint wind coming from downstairs.
Well... I insisted on leaving this place as soon as possible. It was just TOO scary...
Lady Gahan's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Laura | Gender: Female | Age: 26 | Posts: 279 | Roses: 0
Old 04-16-2008 at 05:13 AM
Ange de Musique
Wandering Child
Blessed4Eternity

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9] »

Ohhhh, I wanna go!! Waaaaah! :(

Not me man, I love being scared out of my wits. :D Probably not too good for my health, but I love it. I would love to explore the Paris Opera house, top to bottom. *sigh* Maybe someday...

"What you do in this life echoes in eternity."
Ange de Musique's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Erin *lists several nicknames* | Gender: Une mademoiselle | Posts: 53 | Roses: 10
Old 04-16-2008 at 02:20 PM
Ingenuous Soprano
Wandering Child
Elisabeth...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10] »

Franzi/Lady Gahan, I would be freaked out too... But being the "inquisitive thing" that I am, I'd probably have a flashlight with me and keep going. ...Maybe. Then I'd start calling a random guy's name (probably "Raoul"), because I don't have beau, and run as fast as my legs can carry me with out making me trip and fall.

One lady went and has all sorts of pictures on her site. She even sat in box five for a few minutes and went to the lake!

http://www.ladyghost.com/cellars_ladyghost.html

"Feast your eyes! Glut your-" Yeah, I'm done with that quote...

Proud Raoul Phan. You've just got to love him!
"Lehr’ mich wieder ohne Angst zu leben..."
"Wenn ich tanzen will, dann tanz ich so wie's mir gefällt...
"Han kom till mig en natt, som i en dröm... Hans röst var manande men ändå öm..."
I now have a thing for Swedish...
Ingenuous Soprano's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote