Old 04-11-2007 at 11:09 PM
Lord Moe
Wandering Child
Canis Mortis, the Lyrical Tenor

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Question About Phantom Mask  Post [1]

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=19H9QEM4TG32B

I wanted to know if anyone who bought this mask, has worn it before, or has had any kind of experience with this mask.

Is it worth it? I just want to know so that I don't end up buying a cheap, poorly made mask that will be uncomfortable and will break in no time.

I don't want to spend a lot of money on one, but then again I don't want to be too cheap about it.

I also want to add that this is just something I would like to wear for a costume, maybe for my recital (I'm singing "Music of the Night"), and just to have around.

People from another message board have said that this is cheap and poorly made, and suggest that I get something from E-Bay instead. But the only ones I can find one E-bay are the licensed ones (which are pretty much the same, but are smaller like the Gerard Butler phantom half-mask), the red death mask, and ceramic ones (but those aren't the half-masks from the show, they look like the mask on the cover of the OLC album). Or maybe I'm just stupid and don't know how to search on E-Bay, which is VERY possible.

"...and I was made to remember that, although he was not an angel, nor a ghost, nor a genius, he remained the voice...for he sang. And I listened...and stayed!... That night, we did not exchange another word. He sang me to sleep."
- The Phantom of the Opera, by Gaston Leroux
Lord Moe's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Erika | Gender: Mademoiselle | Age: 29 | Posts: 647 | Roses: 55
Old 04-11-2007 at 11:16 PM
Kaze
Wandering Child
Empress

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

I own that mask. It was actually a gift, which makes me really happy that I didn't waste my money. It is a nice collector's item, and it looks rather nice on a bookshelf right nect to antiquy-looking books, but it is not confortable to wear and it is also not stable. It moves and bends, and is always out of place. So, I would recomend against it.

--Erika

It reads KT all over ^_~

Kaze's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Cal | Gender: Molly Mormon *snort* | Age: 37 | Posts: 250 | Roses: 0
Old 04-11-2007 at 11:16 PM
BlackDove
Wandering Child
Going Back to the Start...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

I don't own one, but I know Hot Topic in Cali was selling ones similar to it on Holloween....but in all honesty, if this is just for a recital and to use once in a while, I wouldn't waste my money buying some high-quality mask and just use that *shrugs* I mean what if you buy the fancy-schmancy one and it doesn't fit or it breaks, ya know? If you plan to wear it, I'd just go for something like that....but then that's just me, heh *blushes*

Version 2.0: Lost Memories
Proud Toriphile | Christine + Deana=Huffie Wuv
BlackDove's Profile Send Private Message BlackDove's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Chris | Gender: Male | Age: 29 | Posts: 34 | Roses: 2
Old 04-11-2007 at 11:23 PM
Lord Moe
Wandering Child
Canis Mortis, the Lyrical Tenor

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

That's what I was thinking Deana, I just wanted to hear other peoples' opinions. Thanks girls.

I've asked around at other boards also, and have heard good things about this mask

http://www.costumeuniverse.com/detai...0071&cat=65000

it's not a lot of money, but I heard that it is just fine for what I'm looking for. I think I'll go with this.

Any other comments would be appreciated ^_^. You guys are really helpful and your input is important to me.

"...and I was made to remember that, although he was not an angel, nor a ghost, nor a genius, he remained the voice...for he sang. And I listened...and stayed!... That night, we did not exchange another word. He sang me to sleep."
- The Phantom of the Opera, by Gaston Leroux
Lord Moe's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 04-12-2007 at 04:20 AM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

I agree that the second one looks better as a 'wearable' mask. When I dressed up as Erik for Halloween, I bought a white full-face mask that I then cut in half. It worked quite well. ^_^

EDIT: I think the first mask may have been the same one that Will Ferrell wore when he sang a very hilarious rendition of MOTN on the Letterman show. (Clips can be found on YouTube.) XD

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Steve | Gender: Male | Age: 29 | Posts: 2,021 | Roses: 35
Old 04-13-2007 at 12:06 AM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6]

I am moving this thread to the Phantom of the Opera forum.

I feel like it's more appropriate there than the Off-Topic Forum.
The Phantom's Profile Send Private Message The Phantom's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Em | Gender: female | Age: 25 | Posts: 1,380 | Roses: 210
Old 04-13-2007 at 11:32 AM
Opera Ghost
Wandering Child
House Patron
i worship cheesecake

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7]

I have the first mask, and I think it's cheap and poorly made. It's made of very thin plasticy material and has quite sharp edges. It's not comfortable to wear (and looks ridiculous XD) and really isn't worth it. The second one looks more wearable!

No day but today
Opera Ghost's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 06-26-2007 at 02:46 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8]

I don't own a mask, only white white, paste-like make up I wear ocasionally.

There was a group of teenagers who made a Phantom video on you tube once who used the first mask. The parody was quite funny, but its a pity I can't find it...

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote