The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Grand Stage Productions » The Paris Opera House » The Eighteenth District
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Erica | Gender: woman- hear me roar! | Posts: 2,032 | Roses: 181
Old 08-13-2010 at 07:46 AM
WanderingChild<3

House Patron
Does anyone write anymore?

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [21] »

Rachel Day

Happy Face!

Rachel's eyes looked back at herself, brightening her features. Her teeth widened in the mirror- both ends of her smile at the farthest end of her face as it would allow her too. She was thinking of just bunnies, getting a Tony, a standing ovation-

Sad Face!

Rachel's features went limp. Her eyes automatically began welling- her lip beginning to quiver. She sniffed, looking skyward, to begin the struggle of how far the sadness would go. She was thinking of Gwendolyn, not making it big, dead bunnies-

Flirty Face!

Rachel flipped her hair over her shoulder, licking her teeth, and pouting her lips. Her eyes flared with sexuality, feeling her torso twist; her entire body getting into the emotion. She was thinking of Santiago... Santiago.. Santiago with bunnies-

"We have no food!"

A high note released from her throat, suddenly scared by the sudden booming voice interrupting her facial expression warm ups. Rachel's body jolted, spinning around, and pinning herself up against the bathroom sink.

"I'm going to the store."

Her eyes looked skyward, annoyed at the interruption. Rachel took a few deep breaths, calming her nerves. She then couldn't help but to half grin. Oh, the food situation in this apartment. It was quite a situation. Seriously, she didn't even know why Santiago had a kitchen. He never used it. He didn't know how to use it. Well, she was just as bad as him. Rachel had never cooked in her life. Her life was so busy in the past, she always went out and got food. Well, it wasn't that bad. She could cook up a mean peanut butter and jelly sandwhich- and she could pour a bowl of cereal like a professional. Other than that, it was pretty pathetic. So, the two living together equaled starvation. Especially situations like these.

At the loud exclamation of food- Rachel realized that she hadn't eaten all day. Going out of the bathroom, she made her way to the kitchen where Santiago was, preparing to make a list for them. Just, easy stuff they could pop into the microwave or something. When she saw him in the kitchen, holding the packaged fish that she had glanced at hazily once or twice- it was obvious he had other plans...

"Nevermind!"

He obviously didn't realize she was right there.

Rachel then realized something herself. Santiago was going to... cook the fish? Her eyes widened- making her 'horrified face'. The thoughts helping this expression? Santiago cooking fish.

"Santiago, if you truly have ever cared about your taste buds, or have ever given a thought to mine," She began very seriously, but of course teasing. "You will put... the fish.." Her hand went to the fish- acting like she were taming a wild beast that got out at the zoo. She put the hand slowly and carefully on the counter. "Down."

Rachel had seen Santiago in the kitchen. Emeril would have dropped dead.

"Here, just let me," She snatched the package from him, entering the kitchen, and sliding her way past him- her body up against his for a brief second. Yeah, she felt that.

"I'll cook it. I don't trust you."

<b>WanderingChild<3</b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Cassie | Gender: Señorita | Posts: 4,083 | Roses: 185
Old 08-13-2010 at 08:22 AM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [22] »

Santiago Ortiz

Santiago pushed himself up using only his legs and turned around, coming face-to-face with Rachel. She looked like someone had just told her that they had smashed a Tony Award or something. Shock, horror… Santiago grinned involuntarily at the expression on her face. He lived to shock. And he’d horrified people before. It was definitely an interesting look on Rachel…

"Santiago, if you truly have ever cared about your taste buds, or have ever given a thought to mine," she said with mock-severity, "You will put... the fish… Down.”

Santiago’s grin widened, even though Rachel was pushing the fish and rejecting his offer to cook dinner.

Chica, the only time I think about your taste buds, is how they would feel against mine.

The snappy, wildly-inappropriate retort was enough to distract Santiago, giving Rachel the opportunity to snatch the fish away from him. He opened his mouth to protest, but found that he couldn’t as Rachel sidled into him to “help”.

Oh, yeah, he felt that.

"Here, just let me," she insisted. "I'll cook it. I don't trust you."

Santiago clutched at his chest as though shot.

“I’m hurt, chica,” he said, in a mock-offended tone. “What have I done to make you not trust me?” He walked behind her and reached around for the fish. He lowered his lips to her ear. “What if I told you I knew how to cook? What if I told you that most nights I just simply don’t feel like cooking after directing prima donnas all day? What if I promised to make this a dinner you’ll never forget?”

He plucked the fish from her hands with relative ease and a smirk.
Mrs Nadir Khan's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2010 at 08:53 AM
WanderingChild<3

House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [23] »

Rachel Day

Eyes on the fish package... Eyes on the fish package... Eyes on the Santiago package...

Rachel's fingers dug into the package, her body tensing at the arousing thought that came to mind. They hadn't been in one another's presence for more than two minutes, and already she couldn't stop her mind from becoming Santiago's little playground. The fact that they were in a small kitchen, bodies just grinding past one another- was making the air just feel a little more dense.

The smack of Santiago's hand on his chest grabbed the little actress' attention. She shot him a look, and bit her lip to contain her laughter, as he played his part of distraught chef. “I’m hurt, chica,” He exclaimed dramatically. “What have I done to make you not trust me?”

Rachel rolled her eyes at him, spinning around so her back was to him, and began to read the packaging. That was until something- or a certain someone- had made it so she couldn't even read anymore. Her knees almost buckled when warm lips met the skin of her ear. Rachel stopped breathing, feeling herself tense up against Santiago's chest. Her eyes shut tight for a brief moment, biting down into her lip- trying not to feel... feel... Oh goodness. All these emotions were just swarming back to her now. This fish business was about to get very dangerous.

“What if I told you I knew how to cook? What if I told you that most nights I just simply don’t feel like cooking after directing prima donnas all day? What if I promised to make this a dinner you’ll never forget?”

Oh goodness! A tingling sensation rippled through her body; goosebumps forming on her bare arms. Rachel's mind was elsewhere, thinking about just what kind of dinner they would have. She wouldn't want food on the table. She would want them on the-

Where was the fish?!

Realizing she was no longer in posession of the amphibian, Rachel's eyes jolted open, spinning around to meet Santiago, who held the fish. Ugh! He had totally used his Spanish romantic ways against her! He knew what made her tick. Well.. they both did. The Opera House bathroom did ring a bell. She narrowed her eyes at him, the color sparking something that did not come out quite often. She was... aroused, and very angry about it. Not fair. He was using their sexual unspoken forbidden tension against her now, and Rachel was not going to allow that to happen. Not without her getting even with him.

Santiago was not prepared for this.

"Oh really now?" She said, her voice that husky tone that crept out only in very special situations. Her eyes took a dive for Santiago land, scanning him up and down obviously, licking her teeth from behind her lips. The character from the motel was back, but this time, she really did not need to act. At all.

Rachel whipped around suddenly- her hair tossing at Santiago. She placed her hands firmly on the edge of the counter, her knees bent, and rump sticking out. She moved her groin back to made sure he had a first row view of it. "You can try to cook it-" She purred, sliding down ever so slowly- her booty now rubbing up against him, as she continued to bend all the way down to the cupboard. Her behind was now right up against his pelvic area.

Retrieving the pan, Rachel jolted up with the pan, spinning around to face him. Her chest smacked right into his, looking up at him with parted lips. Trying to make the sound of a pan and cooking a fish sound sexier than ever. "When I'm the one with all the right tools?"

She smirked, bringing the pan up to his face to seperate them. In that moment, Rachel snatched away the fish yet again, grinning with satisfaction.

<b>WanderingChild<3</b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2010 at 09:27 AM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [24] »

Santiago Ortiz

Santiago knew what he was doing. If he were to say that out loud, he was sure Rachel would try to reference the women he’d slept with. He couldn’t wipe away the memory of Rachel’s shock== and was it disgust—when he’d made a reference to them. He had meant it to shut her up, but he regretted it now. Because, honestly, the main reason Santiago knew what he was doing to her was all Rachel’s doing.

The motel. The bathrooms. The dance floor. Santiago knew how to operate around Rachel. He knew what got her attention and what wouldn’t. He knew just how to send shivers crawling up and down her skin. Manipulative as it sounded, he might as well get something out of his newfound “superpower”, even if it was just a package of fish. Because honestly, Santiago didn’t even think he could manage getting a kiss from Rachel without the repercussions being serious. They were, after all, living together. And if he kissed her, made love to her, or even so much as suggested either, Santiago’s living situation would change yet again. And loathe as he was to admit it, he liked having Rachel there. He liked it more than he was even willing to admit to himself most days…

His fingers brushed Rachel’s shoulders on their way for the fish, relishing in each goose bump they brushed until he was able to snatch away the fish. But just when Santiago had the prize he sought, Rachel whirled around.

"Oh really now?" she asked in a tone that almost made Santiago drop the fish. Her eyes roved over his body in a way that made Santiago wish they were her hands instead. He had forgotten one itsy-bitsy, tiny detail in his genius, master plan.

Rachel could very easily have the same power over Santiago that he seemed to have over her. He swallowed hard and took a step forward, only to be smacked in the face by a curtain of brown hair. His cheek stung a little at the impact, but it was nothing he couldn’t handle… He took a small step back, though, for good measure.

And, it seemed for a better view. Santiago smiled involuntarily as Rachel bent over to rummage through the bottom drawer. He watched, unashamed, until—

Dios mio…!

Santiago inhaled sharply as Rachel slid against him. His eyes closed with sudden pleasure and his head lolled back. He felt his blood rush downwards. He didn’t even hear a word she said. All he was thinking about was a good place to put the fish so he could draw her even closer to him… Pull himself into— Her voice broke his thoughts suddenly as she spoke again, turning to face him. In her hand, she held one of the only pans Santiago owned.

"When I'm the one with all the right tools?"

Santiago was short on breath when Rachel was around. He couldn’t quite breathe for a moment. He couldn’t quite think. His brain went a little hazy as he leaned forward. She had the right tools, alright. A pair of them that Santiago was about to kiss…

His face made painful contact with the pan as Rachel put it up as a barrier between them and snatched away the fish. Santiago didn’t yelp or cry out in pain. He instead growled and knocked the pan out of her hand and onto the floor.

“Oops, looks like you dropped something,” he said flatly. Stalking past her and yanking the fish from her hand. “Maybe you shouldn’t be cooking if you’re going to be so clumsy. I wouldn’t want you to get burned.”

Old 08-13-2010 at 09:58 AM
WanderingChild<3

House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [25] »

Rachel Day

The worst part about Rachel getting her revenge on Santiago- was that she also tortured herself in the process. Each moment she rubbed up against him, or came even inches away from those lips of his- it became more and more difficult to stop the teasing, and just get right to it. Yes, so revenge on Santiago, meant torture for not only him, but her. Still, it was fun to watch how upset he got. Only this time, it was very obvious how upset he was.

Rachel jolted backward, when Santiago ripped away the pan from her grasp, sending it crashing onto the tile. She hopped at the noise, putting her hand to her ear, looking down at it.

“Oops, looks like you dropped something,”

Her jaw dropped, eyes narrowing at him. "You-"

Now her other hand was empty. He grabbed the package from her, brushing past her. “Maybe you shouldn’t be cooking if you’re going to be so clumsy. I wouldn’t want you to get burned.”

Alright, now was the end of seductive Rachel Day. Cue the angry face.

She whirled around with gritted teeth, his back to her as he approached the stove. She reached down for the pan, but remained low on the ground, as she saw him approach the stove. Her eyes quickly went to the oven door. Smirking devilishly, she walked crouch-like over to him, grabbing ahold of the handle, and hardly pulling down- making the oven hit his knees, and cause him to move backward to leave room for the falling oven door. She chuckled darkly, seizing this oppurtunity, and quickly slamming the oven shut- sliding in between the now space between Santiago and the stove.

With a cocky accomplished grin, Rachel flicked on the stove, slamming the pan on the burner. She spun around, facing Santiago, her eyes shooting up into his. "Oh, golly, I'm so sorry were you-" She put her hand to her mouth, gesturing to the stove, and back at him. "Were you going to use this? I didn't realize you wanted to, since it was just so easy getting to it first."

She snickered wickedly, putting her two fingers against his chest, and pushing him slightly backward- her hand reaching for the package of fish. Don't mess with Rachel Day. Especially when she was hungry.

Old 08-13-2010 at 10:26 AM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [26] »

Santiago Ortiz

Santiago made his way to the stove. He’d get another pan, but first, he’d heat up the—

Ouch.

Santiago leapt back in sudden pain. Rachel had just opened the oven door on Santiago’s shin. The sharp pain shot through his body and yet, Santiago couldn’t feel that he might have deserved that. He glowered and watched as Rachel went to do what he was going to—turn on the stove.

"Oh, golly, I'm so sorry were you-" She put her hand to her mouth, gesturing to the stove, and back at him. "Were you going to use this? I didn't realize you wanted to, since it was just so easy getting to it first."

Santiago scowled. Was this supposed to be war? Funny, he had thought it was just dinner. His teeth gritted. But before Santiago could come up with a sharp retort, Rachel pushed him in the chest and took the fish away from him.

“You know what? Fine. Go ahead and make dinner,” he said, throwing his hands up in frustrated defeat. A wicked grin overtook his features. “A woman’s place is in the kitchen after all. And who am I to take that away from you?”

If that was how she wanted to play, Santiago would go with it. And if he got a meal out of it, so much the better.

Old 08-13-2010 at 10:45 AM
WanderingChild<3

House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [27] »

Rachel Day

“You know what? Fine. Go ahead and make dinner,"

Oh, she had won. Rachel Day felt accomplished, but a little hesistant because... Well, she did not have a clue how to cook fish. Still, as long as she knew she had won against Santiago, it made it all worth it. She grinned, about to spin around, when his voice haulted her right in mid-twirl. Mostly, the things he had said.

“A woman’s place is in the kitchen after all. And who am I to take that away from you?”

She snapped back at him. Rachel gulped with anger, her eyes shooting at him like daggers. She was terribly insulted, and not even in a joking manner. Ugh, she had always hated those type of jokes; she heard them all the time. When she was growing up she had heard enough degrading women jokes from the men her mother brought home. Which, changed every single night. Sure, Santiago was nothing like those men, and probably didn't put as much disrespect behind it as much as they did, but still. It effected her, it brought up things, it wasn't okay. Her lips tightened together, her free hand rolling into a fist, and finding it very hard to even speak at the moment. They were getting at each other one purpose, so she knew she could not truly be upset about it, but it hit a nerve. That was obvious.

"Well..." She said tightly.

Rachel's eyes flared at him, never leaving his. She brought the package to her stomach, beginning to undo the wrapping. She rose her eyebrows, about to really serve dinner to him.

Bringing the package in between them, she mockingly smiled, "Dinner is served, baby." She spat, releasing the last support of the package- and releasing the fish right onto him. It hit up against his shirt, sliding down to the kitchen floor. Rachel's jaw clenched, finding this to be her exit. Throwing down the paper, she knocked his shoulder as she brushed past him, heading out of the kitchen, grinning to herself the entire time.

"You can eat it off the floor like the disgusting pig that you men are."

Old 08-13-2010 at 11:17 AM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [28] »

Santiago Ortiz

Santiago didn’t believe a word he said. It was the mindset from back home that he had never emulated. His father, his friends… Everybody. Some, like his father, didn’t mean any disrespect. But others—like most of the Garduñas—held women in contempt. Santiago had never been able to muster any real sexism. A bit of machismo, sure, but beyond the need to be the wooer and not wooed; beyond the desire to maintain his macho-image around the other guys… Santiago respected women. How could he not? Mama, Gisele, Cam… He’d always been surrounded by strong women and in that aspect, Rachel was no exception. Which was why he knew that every well-placed word would get a rise out of her.

“Well…”

Their eyes met. And before Santiago could adopt a just kidding/apologetic expression, a ripping sound caught his attention as Rachel unwrapped the package. She extended it to him with a sickeningly sweet smile and before Santiago could grab the fish away from her Rachel dumped the fish onto him.

"Dinner is served, baby."

The oily fish slid down Santiago’s shirt and he watched in disgusted surprise as it hit the floor. What a waste of perfectly good fish—and perfectly good money—and for what? He had been trying to do Rachel a favor. And then he’d let lust—and then anger—get in the way of actually doing something nice. Go figure. He couldn’t do anything right. He let himself stumble when Rachel pushed past him. There was no use fighting any more.

"You can eat it off the floor like the disgusting pig that you men are."

Santiago looked down at the food. It wasn’t fit for consumption if it had been on the floor. Like his cooking, Santiago’s housekeeping skills were minimal. Not because he couldn’t, but because he didn’t have the time. He stared at the ceiling, cursing himself, before bending down to pick up the mess.

“I guess this is another thing I have to make up to you, hmm?” he called out, after her, dumping the wasted fish into the garbage can. “Other than ‘I’m sorry’, how can I make this one up to you?”

What shocked Santiago most was the distinct lack of sarcasm in his voice. The lack of anger. The absence of anything that embodied Santiago’s voice. Instead, he heard apology. Which was something he was beginning to do a lot around Rachel. He also heard a genuineness he typically lacked with anyone else. He slammed the trashcan lid shut and began washing his hands. He knew she could hear anything he said or did in the apartment. It was too compact for her not to. He sighed and turned the faucet off.

“At least let me try to make this up to you.”

Old 08-14-2010 at 11:16 AM
WanderingChild<3

House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [29] »

Ooc: laundry day.. mwaha(;

Rachel Day

It was a Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat kinda' day.

The day, was laundrey day, and whenever Rachel knew she had an upcoming day that would be devoted to the labor of chores, such as laundry, would would pick a 'musical of the day'. Example: when it was paying the bills day, the day belonged to Rent. It caused the tasks to zoom by, and helped her keep lyrics fresh in her mind. She had to mesh in her Broadway musicals somehow to everything. Now, with her musical picked out, first load in the dryer finished, and fresh one started- she knew in no time she would be free at last of labor in no time.

Rachel entered the room, heading toward the beeping dryer, belting out one of her favorite tunes from her show of the day. It was such an exciting part! Joseph's coat is being tugged at from all sides by the envious brothers, revealing all it's fabulous colors to the audience! Donny Osmond originated the role. He did a marvelous job,but in her mind, she was the lead. So it was more like, Josephine.. and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

"How I love my coat of many colors!"

She continued to belt out, grabbing the basket near the washer, and bringing it to the dryer.

"It was red and yellow and green and brown-"

Rachel opened the dryer, her expression diving into serious Broadway passion, really feeling how amazing the colors were!

"Scarlet and black and ochre and peach-"

She began taking out a few clothes, mindlessly tossing them into the basket.

"Ruby and olive and violet and fawn-"

Rachel... looked at the clothes.

"And PINK?"

She was no longer talking about the amazing technicolor dreamcoat- but the pair of lacy underwear that she clenched in her hand. Pink. They were this awful pinkish crimson. She had purchased them... white.

Rachel could feel her blood boiling. She growled, shoving her head into the dryer, and beginning to dig around. It was a white load. It was suppose to be all white and squeaky clean! All she could see, pink. She gasped, throwing her clothes onto the floor. She looked down at it, her fist clenching the underwear, shaking at her side.

That was when, she looked at the remaining articles of clothing in the dryer. Rachel breathed hard, eyeing it suspiciously. She approached the dryer, peering in, and seeing.... red clothes. That weren't hers.

That was when... Rachel lost it.

"SANTIAGOOOOO!"

Old 08-14-2010 at 11:43 AM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [30] »

OOC: Laundry Day. See you there. Under-things… Tumbling. Wanna say, “Love your hair”. Here I go…. Mumbling…. BIC:

Santiago Ortiz

If Santiago could describe how he was feeling today… Rushed. He felt rushed. It was his day off and even still, chores around the house were mounting. To be honest, Santiago let them build up. He was focused. He had things to get done. So after cleaning the bathroom, paying his bills, and throwing out the disgusting, unused food from the refrigerator, Santiago sat out on the terrace at the table, reviewing some set designs that MaCarthy had presented him with on his way out the door the night before.

“MaCarthy,” he insisted from behind the stack of papers. “I take personal days off to do important things… Like take care of bills.”

“Yes, well, I guess I’m just one more Bill you have to take care of, then. Look them over when you get a chance!”

Santiago groaned at the memory and stared down at the set designs. They were actually… Good. Santiago knew he should have expected them to be good, but… Damn. It was like looking at his own handiwork. Meticulously straight edges, that didn’t have the tell-tale gapping indicating use of a ruler. Labels and notes scrawled on the edges in tiny, but legible, cursive. Proportions that were on-the-nose perfect (Here, Santiago did whip out a ruler to double check). He was… grudgingly impressed. The rush of getting chores done melted away as he looked down at these near-perfect designs, searching for flaws. There had to be at least one thing he could gripe about… Something MaCarthy overlooked. Some--

"SANTIAGOOOOO!"

Santiago groaned a second time and shoved the papers back into their folder. Rachel’s screaming had distracted him from working and while she could very easily be a worthwhile distraction, the frustration in her voice did not sound like it was going to bode well for Santiago. Maybe if she was squealing for joy, or beckoning for him with a come-hither tone, he wouldn’t have felt a sudden sense of dread. What on earth could he have possibly managed to do now? Maybe he had accidentally thrown out her toothbrush in a rush to clean the bathroom. Easy enough fix. Buy a new one. Maybe while he was vacuuming, he had sucked up one of her earrings. Easy enough fix. Rummage through the vacuum bag until he found it. Maybe he had thrown out some of her leftovers. Easy enough fix. They were surrounded by food in the world’s culinary capital. He stood up and tucked the folder under his arm and shuffled from the terrace to the kitchen, setting the folder onto the kitchen table with a snap as he entered the house. He turned around to see Rachel standing in the kitchen, surrounded by a sea of pink clothing, underwear in hand. An amused smirk tugged at Santiago’s lips. He never thought he’d ever see this much pink in his house. Well, he couldn’t be too surprised. Rachel seemed to go for bright colors that Santiago usually bypassed in favor of more basic ones. He folded his arms across his chest.

“Now that you have sufficiently scared the hell out of our neighbors,” he said with a lazy drawl. “You have my full an undivided attention.”