The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Grand Stage Productions The Paris Opera House The Eighteenth District
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 25 | Posts: 4,279 | Roses: 0
Old 10-25-2008 at 08:22 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11]

Calvin Booth

Calvin had changed a lot since college. It was actually a rather interesting thing tot hink about. When he'd been in his early twenties he'd believed that he had the world in his hand. That he could get any girl he wanted whenever he wanted without consequences. The beginning of that change had been the day he'd walked into his freshmen anthropology class. All the seats had been filled. Then he'd never really cared if he was late for a class or not. the professor wasn't there yet... saving him from a scolding and he'd quickly scanned the room for a seats. The seats had all been filled except for one. A girl sat at the very front of the room, a bag was sitting in the seat next to her.. the only opened seat in the room. He walked condifently up to her and asked if the seat was taken... when she said it was he frowned slightly and looked around. There was no one without a seat.. and when he'd been walking here there had been no one else following him. So either the girl was lying to him because she didn't want him to sit by her... or she just hadn't heard him right. Figuring it to be the latter he moved the bag and sat down. Her surrpised lok indicated that he'd been wrong in his assumption but he introduced himself to her anyway and when she didnt' respond he looked at her notebook and discovered that he name was Rebecca... that was the day he realized that not all women found him charming or good looking...

Since that day he'd learned respect for women. A respect that had grown deeper during the time he'd spent in the mlitary. He'd grown up... matured... and that was the major thing had changed him. He handed her a glass of wine, hoping that she'd had no trouble finding the apartment and syaing just as much. "No, I found it easily enough" she assured him wiht a smile and he smiled back, glad that she'd had no problems. The last thing he needed was her being irritated with him becuase he hadn't given her sufficient directions or something. He caught ehr looking around with curiousity and he explaiend to her that he'd been in the military for seven years... which had given him a very strong sense of organization... "Well I guess that's another thing we have in common, I'm a bit of a net freak about things as well," she told him and he smiled as she did. Over the past two weeks they'd spent a lot of time discussing common interests which included books, music and hobbies... though he knew that they hadn't even scratched the surface of what the other was like... they're relationship... whatever it was... was just beginning.

He asked her if she wanted to go outside for a minute seeing as the food wasn't quiet done and she agreed, folling him out onto the small balcony. Once otu there he smiled at her and leaned against the railing comfortably glancing at her ocassionally, the sun casting an orange glow across the landscape and giving it an almost dream-like appearance. He asked her simply about herslef... telling her that he wanted to know anything she was willing to tell him which was true. It would be the first step in getting to truly know the woman that had been hsi first date in nine years. "Well, my favorite color is probably orange... or maybe aqua, I've never really been able to decide," he smile at that. This girl was definitely one of a kind. Atleast she was the first women he'd ever meant that considered aqua or orange even, to be her favorite color. She shrugged and smiled as she continued and he watched her intently. "Umm... my favorite food would have to be ice cream, if that's even considered a food..." She said with a laugh and laughed lightly as well. In his book ice cream was considered a food. " Hmm, let's see, I started playing bassoon at age five, I love reading the classics... or pretty much any book. I love running, horseback riding, and swimming." She said, obviously thinking of what else she could say and he waited patiently.. he wasn' going to say anything about what she'd told him until he was sure she was finished. " I have no brothers or sisters, I graduated from Juliard at nineteen, ummm what else would you like to know?" she asked he looked at her for a moment before saying with a smile. "You've told me enough... I think its only fair if I return the favor..." he said and then looked away for a moment to gather his thoughts before he turned back to her.

"First of all in my book.. I consider ice cream to be a food though it's not my favorite... my favorite is probably pork ribs... only because it was the first meal I had when I came back from Iraq... it was the first solid food I tasted in four years.." he explained with a slight smile before continuing.. trying to rmemeber all she had todl him so he could give her answer to those questions. "my favorite color is blue-green...because its the color of the ocean and I've always been fascinated by the sea..." he admitted as he met her gaze... he wasn't gonig to mention that her eyes reminded him of the ocean as well... which was partly why he'd chosen the color he had. "I had an older brother.. he was four years older actually.. but he died when I was twelve..." the emotion in his eyes was obivous when he spoke of his brother... no matter how he tried to play it down.. David's murder would always leave him feeling rather empty and lost. "I lvoe anythign physically demanding.. running.. tennis and football are few of my favorite things to do..." he paused, and hesitated, knowing that it was best he get this out in the open. "but the most important thing.. person.. in my life... is my five year old son..." he told her, reaching into his back pocket he pulled out a picture and handed it to her. Hoping that the fact that he had a son wouldn't ruin what he had with her. He allowed her a moment to look at the picutre before he pointed to his son. "He'd fallen asleep in the car... we went to see a premier of some movie that I cna't remember and someoen just happened to snap out picutre..." he explained as a tenderness overcame his features.. it was lok that also overcame whenever he spoke of his son.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kristen | Gender: Female | Age: 26 | Posts: 1,518 | Roses: 39
Old 10-26-2008 at 07:22 PM
inside your mind15
Wandering Child
Nerds rule the world.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelofthenight View Post
Calvin Booth

Calvin had changed a lot since college. It was actually a rather interesting thing tot hink about. When he'd been in his early twenties he'd believed that he had the world in his hand. That he could get any girl he wanted whenever he wanted without consequences. The beginning of that change had been the day he'd walked into his freshmen anthropology class. All the seats had been filled. Then he'd never really cared if he was late for a class or not. the professor wasn't there yet... saving him from a scolding and he'd quickly scanned the room for a seats. The seats had all been filled except for one. A girl sat at the very front of the room, a bag was sitting in the seat next to her.. the only opened seat in the room. He walked condifently up to her and asked if the seat was taken... when she said it was he frowned slightly and looked around. There was no one without a seat.. and when he'd been walking here there had been no one else following him. So either the girl was lying to him because she didn't want him to sit by her... or she just hadn't heard him right. Figuring it to be the latter he moved the bag and sat down. Her surrpised lok indicated that he'd been wrong in his assumption but he introduced himself to her anyway and when she didnt' respond he looked at her notebook and discovered that he name was Rebecca... that was the day he realized that not all women found him charming or good looking...

Since that day he'd learned respect for women. A respect that had grown deeper during the time he'd spent in the mlitary. He'd grown up... matured... and that was the major thing had changed him. He handed her a glass of wine, hoping that she'd had no trouble finding the apartment and syaing just as much. "No, I found it easily enough" she assured him wiht a smile and he smiled back, glad that she'd had no problems. The last thing he needed was her being irritated with him becuase he hadn't given her sufficient directions or something. He caught ehr looking around with curiousity and he explaiend to her that he'd been in the military for seven years... which had given him a very strong sense of organization... "Well I guess that's another thing we have in common, I'm a bit of a net freak about things as well," she told him and he smiled as she did. Over the past two weeks they'd spent a lot of time discussing common interests which included books, music and hobbies... though he knew that they hadn't even scratched the surface of what the other was like... they're relationship... whatever it was... was just beginning.

He asked her if she wanted to go outside for a minute seeing as the food wasn't quiet done and she agreed, folling him out onto the small balcony. Once otu there he smiled at her and leaned against the railing comfortably glancing at her ocassionally, the sun casting an orange glow across the landscape and giving it an almost dream-like appearance. He asked her simply about herslef... telling her that he wanted to know anything she was willing to tell him which was true. It would be the first step in getting to truly know the woman that had been hsi first date in nine years. "Well, my favorite color is probably orange... or maybe aqua, I've never really been able to decide," he smile at that. This girl was definitely one of a kind. Atleast she was the first women he'd ever meant that considered aqua or orange even, to be her favorite color. She shrugged and smiled as she continued and he watched her intently. "Umm... my favorite food would have to be ice cream, if that's even considered a food..." She said with a laugh and laughed lightly as well. In his book ice cream was considered a food. " Hmm, let's see, I started playing bassoon at age five, I love reading the classics... or pretty much any book. I love running, horseback riding, and swimming." She said, obviously thinking of what else she could say and he waited patiently.. he wasn' going to say anything about what she'd told him until he was sure she was finished. " I have no brothers or sisters, I graduated from Juliard at nineteen, ummm what else would you like to know?" she asked he looked at her for a moment before saying with a smile. "You've told me enough... I think its only fair if I return the favor..." he said and then looked away for a moment to gather his thoughts before he turned back to her.

"First of all in my book.. I consider ice cream to be a food though it's not my favorite... my favorite is probably pork ribs... only because it was the first meal I had when I came back from Iraq... it was the first solid food I tasted in four years.." he explained with a slight smile before continuing.. trying to rmemeber all she had todl him so he could give her answer to those questions. "my favorite color is blue-green...because its the color of the ocean and I've always been fascinated by the sea..." he admitted as he met her gaze... he wasn't gonig to mention that her eyes reminded him of the ocean as well... which was partly why he'd chosen the color he had. "I had an older brother.. he was four years older actually.. but he died when I was twelve..." the emotion in his eyes was obivous when he spoke of his brother... no matter how he tried to play it down.. David's murder would always leave him feeling rather empty and lost. "I lvoe anythign physically demanding.. running.. tennis and football are few of my favorite things to do..." he paused, and hesitated, knowing that it was best he get this out in the open. "but the most important thing.. person.. in my life... is my five year old son..." he told her, reaching into his back pocket he pulled out a picture and handed it to her. Hoping that the fact that he had a son wouldn't ruin what he had with her. He allowed her a moment to look at the picutre before he pointed to his son. "He'd fallen asleep in the car... we went to see a premier of some movie that I cna't remember and someoen just happened to snap out picutre..." he explained as a tenderness overcame his features.. it was lok that also overcame whenever he spoke of his son.
Julietta Antoinette
Julietta listened intently, putting her hand on his shoulder and offering her sympathies. He mentioned his son, and Julietta smiled. She knew it was about time to tell him about her child as well." He's so handsome, he looks just like you," She said turning towards him. " Well I have to tell you something too... I... I have a daughter that I gave up for adoption," She said, a tear coming to the corner of her eye which she hurriedly wiped away. That was the one thing that she was so torn about, half of her wished she could have kept her, but the other half knew it couldn't happen."It's a long story, there was this guy, we were engaged, he wanted me to give up my life in Paris for a life with him in Greece, and I refused," She said, crossing her arms and looking out into the sunset." I...I hope you don't judge me for my past actions," She said, turning back towards him.

"Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live

without and know we cannot live within."
Made by Cassie!
I'm available anytime to RP, just PM me!
inside your mind15's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2008 at 01:01 AM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13]

Calvin Booth

Since finding out that Taressa had given birth to a son he'd made a point of calling everyday to see how things were. Taressa had denied him even joint custody he knew since she was a lawyer for a rather prestigious firm in New York and her new lover was a district attorney for that same firm that she ahd connections and attempting to have a trial for joint custody of their son would be a waste of time. He hadn't mentioned his son to anyone except Rebecca and even then they hadn't discussed it in depth... it was just something she'd happened to find out when she'd walked in on him and Taressa. Now howeve, mentioning Parker to Julietta was like opening a door to a new aspect of their relationship. He didnt' know at the moment where their relationship would go but he was sure that if anything they would ahve a close frienship. He glanced at her as she looked at the picture that had been taken of him and his son when he'd gone over for a week to see him and was able to spend a few days with him. He smled slighlty as he remembered those few days.. and he knew that he missed his son... wishing that his mother would allow him more opportunities to see him.

She handed the picture back to him and he slipped it back into his wallet and put his wallet bakc inot his pocket. She rested her hand on his shoulder and eh looked up at her. There was sympathy in her eyes. He hated sympathy... but he wouldn't say anything about it... and he even forced a smile... resting his hand over hers where it rested on his shoulder. "He's so handsome, he looks just like you," Calvin smiled gratefully at that. He'd always thought that Parker looked more lik ehis mother thne him. The only thing they really had in common.. atleast to him... were the brown eyes that women had always found so charming. Obviously she had something to say for at that moment a strange look came into her eye... a look that he didn't recognize and hadn't seen before. He turned towards her at well, taking a long sip of his wine and balancing the glass on the edge of the railing, being careufl to make sure that it wouldn't fall as he withdrew his hand and folded his arms across his chest in a casual manner. Whatever she had to tell him he woudl be sure to give her his complete and undivided attention... after all she'd listend as he'd told her about his son.. it seemed only fair to returnt he favor.

"Well I have to tell you something too... I... I have a daughter that I gave up for adoption," she told him and he raised an eyebrow at that. Her figure gave no indication that she'd had a child. Yet the sincerity in her eyes and the tear that began to roll down her cheek and he was about to lift his hand to her face to wipe it away but she beat him to it... wiping her eyes with the back of her hand. She seemed to have more to say and so he didn't interrupt.. doing his best to allow her to tell him what she wanted. "It's a long story, there was this guy, we were engaged, he wanted me to give up my life in Paris for a life with him in Greece, and I refused," She said, crossing her arms and looking out into the sunset. He took the moment to look at her without her noticing. There was obvious pain on her features. A lok of wisfulness that made it obvious that she regretted some part of her decision. Did she regret that she hadn't stayed with the man... or did she regret giving up her child for adoption. " I...I hope you don't judge me for my past actions," she muttere and he couldn't help but raise a brow at this as well as he took a hesitant step closer to her.

"You think I would judge you for a decision that you made?" he asked her, trying to claarify what she'd met by that plea. He shook his head and laughed dryly. "Julietta.." he began trying to choose his words carefully. "you have your reasons for the decisions you've made and I don't beleive I have any right to judge you for those motives.." he told her honestly and he gazed down at her for a long moment... very aware of how close they standing. At that moment the timer to the oven went off and he stepped away... suddenly feeling rather uncomfortable. He lifted his glass oft he railing and drained the rest of it as he walked into the house smiling at her. "You have to come in if you want somthing to eat..." he told her teasingly. He walked intot he kitchen and pulled out the lamb and put it on a cutting boar. After cutting it into the slabs he put the slabs on a glass plate and brought the plate to the table along with asparagus and salad which he tosed quickly and glazed with a vingarette dressing. He poured both of them more wine and sat down opposite her. "Please be honest about what you think of it... its been a long time since I've cooked anything like this..." he told her with a slight amusement. "I usually eat take out because I'm to tired to cook.." he explaiend as he took a bit of his asparagus and waited for her to give him her opinion on the food.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating

Old 10-27-2008 at 10:13 PM
inside your mind15
Wandering Child
Nerds rule the world.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14]

Julietta Antoinette
When she told him that she had daughter, his eyebrow raised in disbelief, which was predictable somewhat. Julietta hadn't gained much during the pregnancy, and had lost it so fast after having her, people never knew she ever had it for the most part.
"You think I would judge you for a decision that you made?" He asked, and she shrugged. Some people didn't like the fact that her baby was born out of wedlock, and some guys don't like the fact that she had had a baby.
[B]. "Julietta.. you have your reasons for the decisions you've made and I don't beleive I have any right to judge you for those motives.." He said, looking down on her. She smiled meekly, " Thank you," She said quietly, still somewhat shaken up from her memories.
"You have to come in if you want somthing to eat..." He said teasingly, and she smiled," Well, if we must," She teased back. stepping through the doorway and back into the warmth of the living room.
Julietta sat down at the table as Calvin finished his preparations, and then he brought everything over to the table. It looked exquisite and delicious, especially since Julietta hadn't had a home-cooked meal in as long as she could remember. "Please be honest about what you think of it... its been a long time since I've cooked anything like this..." He said, and she smiled. " Oh, I'm sure it will taste amazing," She said, looking up at him. She took her first bite, and it was just as amazing as it looked. She smiled," It's perfect, my compliments to the chef," She said with a light laugh.
"I usually eat take out because I'm to tired to cook.." He explained and she nodded." I can relate, and since I stay in the dormitories I can't cook anymore," She said with a shrug. She really liked cooking, or rather experimenting with cooking, she never really got very good at it. Though she could do a few things here and there.

Made by Cassie!

Old 10-28-2008 at 02:10 AM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15]

Calvin Booth

Calvin had basiclaly lived on his own since he was fourteen. HIs father had been around until he was sixteen but Calvin had been the one that had paid a large part of the bills.. with some help from friends of the family. After his mother had killed herself he'd gone out of his way to try and support himself and his father who was now completely dependent on alchohal... trying to drown his sarrows in liquor. Calvin had learned how to cook, clean and provide for himself from a young age. The traing he'd undergone during the six week camp he'd gone to in order to prepare himself for the Army Rangers had only done more to sharpen the skills he would need to live on his own. However, most of his cooking he'd learned in college from one of his roomates that was actually going to school to become a chef. The man had cooked for Calvin and their other two roomates practically every night and on ocassion Calvin had asked if he could help the man with anything. The lamb and asparagus along with the salad that was glazed with the light vingarette dressing was one of his old roomate's recipes and Calvin was suret he wouldn't be able to do it justice... but atleast he'd tried and he hoped that Jluietta liked it.

"Oh, I'm sure it will taste amazing," she said and he smiled. "You best be careful... you confidence in me may go to my head.." he teased her as he dished out some salad onto her plate alongw tih a few asparagus and a slab of lamb. He picked up one of his asparagus and bit off the edge, chewing it slowly to taste every aspect of the flavor. He'd melted butter and brushed the vegetebles light before steaming them.. then he'd melted motzerella cheese on top of them and salted them slightly. To him the asparagus didn't taste half bad. His attention turned however from his own contemplating of the food to Julietta who was cutting her lamb. He watched her carefully as she took a bite and he waited in suspense to see if she liked it. "It's perfect, my compliments to the chef," she said with a light laugh and he smiled as well. "I thinkg perfect is a bit of an overstatement... but thank you..." he said with a smile. He was glad that she liked it... and it was obvious that she wasn't lying to make him feel better.. for after she spoke she took another bite and then another.. atleast she wouldn't leave thinking that he couldn't cook.

"I can relate, and since I stay in the dormitories I can't cook anymore," she told him and he nodded in undersanding as he nibbled ona piece of lamb and thought for a moment. "So you live at the Opera House?" he asked curiously. He worked ther epart time... and it wans't that he didn't like it was simply that he found other things much more enjoybale... like working cases with Rebecca... that was truly the highlight of his days... when she came in and told him she had a case for them. "Do you enjoy living there?" he asked cruiosly.. he probably wouldn't but thena gian he knew that no one would share his opinion. He leaned back in his chair and glanced otuside. Rain had started ot streak the window and he wondered how bad it would get... hoping that she would be able to get home despite the wather. "I was thinking that we coudl watch a movie after we eat or something..."he told her with a slight smile and shrug. "Or we can just talk if you want... its up to you.." he said as he took another bie of his lamb and asparagus...savoring the flavor of the food. "after all you are the guest..." he taesed her lightly with a boyish smile.

Old 10-29-2008 at 12:35 AM
inside your mind15
Wandering Child
Nerds rule the world.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16]

Julietta Antoinette

Julietta took small, petite bites, and about a third of the way done she had to stop, not from the taste, but from her stomach telling her she was full. She felt sad, she wished she could finish it, but she put her fork down anyway." Sorry I can't finish, it's very good, but I'm stuffed," She said with a content smile. It seemed like she never got to sit down and eat a full meal anymore, though she seemed to keep her weight under control.
"Do you enjoy living there?" He asked when she told him about living at the Opera House. She shrugged," It's okay I guess, but I'm thinking about taking my parents old suite they had set up for me at Le Meurice," She said," The renovations are finally done on it and I should be getting to move there soon," She said, an edge of excitement in her voice. She loved the Opera House, but she knew that she didn't want to live there the rest of her life if she could help it.
[B] was thinking that we coudl watch a movie after we eat or something... Or we can just talk if you want... its up to you.." He asked, and she pondered the choice for a moment. She finally decided on watching a movie, just wanting to sit back and relax. " A movie sounds great," She said, then added," I like anything so you can pick whatever and I'll watch it," She said with a smile. She really did like movies, if it wasn't books or music, movies were her favorite thing. It gave the mind a chance to take a break from reality and wander.

Made by Cassie!

Old 10-29-2008 at 01:10 AM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17]

Calvin Booth

Another thing that had been majorly affected by the time he'd spent in the military had been his apetite. He'd been severely underwieght when he'd come back from Iraq after the second time he'd gone there. He'd been a month in the enemy camp with nothing to eat but flour and water and he'd been almost thirty pounds lighter then when he'd gone there. Camille and Jared had tried to get him to eat but for the first few weeks he coudlnt' keep anything down except crackers and water.. which didn't do much for his wieght problem. He then moved to things that were easier to stomach like applesauce and pieces of banana and other fruits. He hadn't returned to normal eating habits until about three months after he was home and on his feet again... on crutches.. but out of the wheelchair he'd been confined to. Which was one of the reasons that as he nibbled on the edge of his third asparagus, he'd eaten all his salad and half of his lamb he coulnd't eat any more. Even after two years his eating habits weren't what they'd been before he'd left for his second deportment to Iraq... and he looked over to see that Julietta had put down her fork as well.. it was almost comical to see that she'd eaten more then him... but it wasn't when he knew the reason why.

She seemed rather embaressed when she realized that he was staring at her for she looked at the plate rather then at him as she spoke. "Sorry I can't finish, it's very good, but I'm stuffed," she said and he almost laughed but dind't as he spoke in an amused voice. "You don't have to apologize.. I'm just glad you liked it..." he told her as he picked up both of their plates and carried them to the sink. After scraping what was left on the plates into the garbage he rinsed the plates and stuck them in the dishwasher along with the pans which he quickly rinsed as well. With Julietta's help the kitchen was clean in about fifteen minutes and he smiled at her gratefully after blowing out the candles and storing them in a cupboard above the stove. He leaned agianst the counter his eyes resting on her momentarily before he looked away. Now that dinner was over and done with what were they going to do now.. they could talk he supposed but there was only so much they could talk about before they would run out of things to discuss. His eyes wandere dfrom her to the cabinet where he kept what few movies he had. He never sat down and watched a movie by himself but he did have a few that Taressa had talked him into buying when they'd been dating.. it even surprised him taht they still had them.

He asked her if she wanted to watch a movie.. hoping that it would make things less akward like they'd become during the silence that had ensued between them. "A movie sounds great," She said, then added," I like anything so you can pick whatever and I'll watch it," He smiled at that and then walked intot he living room and over to the cabinet. He searched the video and came up with the movie Gladiator. He personally enjoyed the movie and he thought she would too... Taressa had enjoyed it.. and she and Julietta shared a lot of attributes.. though it was still a stab int he dark. He put the movie in and walked over to the couch where Julietta had taken a seat on one side. He sat on the other... mindful of the distance between them and part of him hoped that they could keep it that way. As the opening credits began he got up and waled into the kitchen. A few minutes later he returned with a bowl of popcorn and set it between them. After sitting there and watching the movie for a few moments he went to get a hanful of popcorn and his hand brushed hers. As if he'd been burned he pulled his hand away. He'd hugged her sure... but to say he wasn't afraid to put his heart out there agian was a lie... even after nine years he still wasn't completely healed.

They sat there for a few more moment as the movies continued to play before he turned to her and spoke softly. "You didn't ask me about his mother..." he pointed out quietly and he saw her confused look as she met his gaze. "When I told you about my son.. you didn't ask about his mother..." he reminded her, wondering if she was at all curious. "I suppose its only fair..." he said rather slowly, his attention now on her rather then the movie. "We dated for four years... and I was madly in love with her... my friends claimed I was obsessed with her... almost a month before we graduated from college she came to me and told me she was pregnant.." he let that hang in the air for a moment. "about two weeks later I was studying for finals and Taressa showed up... I'd decided that if it meant spending my life with her then I would be willing to raise a child with her... so I asked her to marry me..." he paused agian and then shook his head. "I've never felt more stupid Julietta... she said no... that she couldn't.. and when I asked her why she jsut said she had her reasons and that her answer was no..." he told her, leaning forward slightly. "I didnt' think a sngle word could inflict so much pain.. but for a week I couldn't eat... I couldn't sleep... and for the longest ime I hated myself for believing that she would say yest..." he told her shaking his head. "Now I'm rambling but my point is..." he lifted his hand to her face and brushed a strand of her blonde hair off her cheek. "I have been so careful in my relationship with women... I havent' had a date since Taressa but I think... that maybe it's time I do start dating again..." he smiled slightly as his hand fell away. "Either that or I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life..."

Old 10-29-2008 at 01:30 AM
inside your mind15
Wandering Child
Nerds rule the world.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [18]

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelofthenight View Post
Calvin Booth

Another thing that had been majorly affected by the time he'd spent in the military had been his apetite. He'd been severely underwieght when he'd come back from Iraq after the second time he'd gone there. He'd been a month in the enemy camp with nothing to eat but flour and water and he'd been almost thirty pounds lighter then when he'd gone there. Camille and Jared had tried to get him to eat but for the first few weeks he coudlnt' keep anything down except crackers and water.. which didn't do much for his wieght problem. He then moved to things that were easier to stomach like applesauce and pieces of banana and other fruits. He hadn't returned to normal eating habits until about three months after he was home and on his feet again... on crutches.. but out of the wheelchair he'd been confined to. Which was one of the reasons that as he nibbled on the edge of his third asparagus, he'd eaten all his salad and half of his lamb he coulnd't eat any more. Even after two years his eating habits weren't what they'd been before he'd left for his second deportment to Iraq... and he looked over to see that Julietta had put down her fork as well.. it was almost comical to see that she'd eaten more then him... but it wasn't when he knew the reason why.

She seemed rather embaressed when she realized that he was staring at her for she looked at the plate rather then at him as she spoke. "Sorry I can't finish, it's very good, but I'm stuffed," she said and he almost laughed but dind't as he spoke in an amused voice. "You don't have to apologize.. I'm just glad you liked it..." he told her as he picked up both of their plates and carried them to the sink. After scraping what was left on the plates into the garbage he rinsed the plates and stuck them in the dishwasher along with the pans which he quickly rinsed as well. With Julietta's help the kitchen was clean in about fifteen minutes and he smiled at her gratefully after blowing out the candles and storing them in a cupboard above the stove. He leaned agianst the counter his eyes resting on her momentarily before he looked away. Now that dinner was over and done with what were they going to do now.. they could talk he supposed but there was only so much they could talk about before they would run out of things to discuss. His eyes wandere dfrom her to the cabinet where he kept what few movies he had. He never sat down and watched a movie by himself but he did have a few that Taressa had talked him into buying when they'd been dating.. it even surprised him taht they still had them.

He asked her if she wanted to watch a movie.. hoping that it would make things less akward like they'd become during the silence that had ensued between them. "A movie sounds great," She said, then added," I like anything so you can pick whatever and I'll watch it," He smiled at that and then walked intot he living room and over to the cabinet. He searched the video and came up with the movie Gladiator. He personally enjoyed the movie and he thought she would too... Taressa had enjoyed it.. and she and Julietta shared a lot of attributes.. though it was still a stab int he dark. He put the movie in and walked over to the couch where Julietta had taken a seat on one side. He sat on the other... mindful of the distance between them and part of him hoped that they could keep it that way. As the opening credits began he got up and waled into the kitchen. A few minutes later he returned with a bowl of popcorn and set it between them. After sitting there and watching the movie for a few moments he went to get a hanful of popcorn and his hand brushed hers. As if he'd been burned he pulled his hand away. He'd hugged her sure... but to say he wasn't afraid to put his heart out there agian was a lie... even after nine years he still wasn't completely healed.

They sat there for a few more moment as the movies continued to play before he turned to her and spoke softly. "You didn't ask me about his mother..." he pointed out quietly and he saw her confused look as she met his gaze. "When I told you about my son.. you didn't ask about his mother..." he reminded her, wondering if she was at all curious. "I suppose its only fair..." he said rather slowly, his attention now on her rather then the movie. "We dated for four years... and I was madly in love with her... my friends claimed I was obsessed with her... almost a month before we graduated from college she came to me and told me she was pregnant.." he let that hang in the air for a moment. "about two weeks later I was studying for finals and Taressa showed up... I'd decided that if it meant spending my life with her then I would be willing to raise a child with her... so I asked her to marry me..." he paused agian and then shook his head. "I've never felt more stupid Julietta... she said no... that she couldn't.. and when I asked her why she jsut said she had her reasons and that her answer was no..." he told her, leaning forward slightly. "I didnt' think a sngle word could inflict so much pain.. but for a week I couldn't eat... I couldn't sleep... and for the longest ime I hated myself for believing that she would say yest..." he told her shaking his head. "Now I'm rambling but my point is..." he lifted his hand to her face and brushed a strand of her blonde hair off her cheek. "I have been so careful in my relationship with women... I havent' had a date since Taressa but I think... that maybe it's time I do start dating again..." he smiled slightly as his hand fell away. "Either that or I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life..."
Julietta Antoinette

When Calvin brushed her stray hair out of her face, she felt a shiver run down her spine, but stayed where she was, beneath the warmth of his hand. He had practically admitted that he was afraid of letting himself date again and Julietta was the same way. They had so much in common, and so much to learn about each other. Could she let herself do this again? She was conflicted, but she knew that she had to take this chance, deep down she knew it." I know what you mean," Julietta said," I...I haven't let myself date since the baby and Damitrius," She said, taking a shallow, sorrowful breath," But, if you're willing to take the chance," She said pausing, putting her hand over his," Then I am too." She said with a smile.

Made by Cassie!

Old 10-29-2008 at 02:06 AM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [19]

Calvin Booth

He gazed at Julietta for a long moment. Wrestling himself over what he wanted and what he was trying to put behind him. He'd loved to Taressa. He loved Rebecca but she and Jean were close... close enough to make him wonder if there was any hope for either for him. Jared had told him that he shouldn't quit... that he should keeps his hopes up... yet Calvin had been in love wtih Rebecca for nine long years... and he hadn't admitted it to her. The only people that knew of the love he had for his partner and close friend. The only thing he coudl think to do atleast for now was to find someone else... someone he could give all the affection and love he desired to give to Rebecca. His hand slowly fell away from Julietta's face and he turend away from her slightly when he finsihed telling her of the tragic story of him and Taressa. His mind wandered and he closed his eyes as he remembered standing on his porch in the rain... the night had been similar to what it was now. He'd stood there for two hours, letting the rain soak through his clothes and wet his skin. By the time he decided to go back inside he'd been shivering.. but he hadn't felt it.. he hadn't felt anything.

Julietta's voice broke through his mind and he opened his eyes to look back over at her.. wondering if he'd been to forward with what he'd said. "I know what you mean," Julietta said and Calvin ondded in understanding. Recalling what she'd told him of her daughter and her fiancee... yet he knew that though there expereinces may be smilar.. and through they may share that common bond neither of them could possibly know exactly what the other had suffered. " I...I haven't let myself date since the baby and Damitrius," She said, taking a shallow, sorrowful breath and he nodded again.. .he'd guessed as much. He could empathize with her pain and he wondered if like him she woudl take forever to heal. He didn't even know if he was ready now... almost a decade later... but Julietta seemed to have toehr ideas for at that moment she spoke. " But, if you're willing to take the chance," She said pausing, putting her hand over his and he imediately looked down at her small hand covering his. At first he was tempted to pull his hand away but he decided not to that he wolnd't as he looked back up at her. " Then I am too." she told him and he felt his whole body go numb.

Was he ready to put his heart out there again? To have a relationship with someone again. HIs mind wandered to Rebecca as it had earlier and he felt stomach tie into knots at the very thought. His attempts to drown out his feelings for her were futile and he knew it. But he coudl try... try to drown those feelings out in someone else... it was worth a shot. He met her gaze. HIs brown eyes soft as he leaned forward ever so slightly, position his hand on the side of her head and slowly... almost hesitantly his mouth pressed agianst hers in a brief kiss. He pulled away ever so slightly and then moved to kiss her again... this time moving the popcorn bowl and setting it down on the ground, scooting closer to her. "I don't know yet Julietta... but we can try..." he muttered as he rested his other hand on her shoulder and he kissed her on the mouth yet again, his lips moving against hers for a long moment. The movie that he'd barely been paying attention was forgotten as he leaned back against the couch as he took d her more fimrly in his arms and kissed her lips, her cheeks, her eyelids and her forehead numerous times before he pulled away ever so slightly... if she wanted to continued then he would let her be the one to continue it... if not it was probably about time for her to be heading home...

Old 10-30-2008 at 10:55 PM
inside your mind15
Wandering Child
Nerds rule the world.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [20]

Julietta Antoinette

He moved towards her, and her stomach leapt into her throat, and it felt like she was hardly breathing. He placed his lips against hers gently and Julietta felt a tingle spread through her body. He pulled away suddenly, murmuring,"I don't know yet Julietta... but we can try..." Then placed his lips on hers, her heart was torn. She wanted this, but did she really? What if she got hurt again? What if he used her? All of these thoughts raced through her head, as much as she tried to ignore them.
He pulled her against him, and she felt the warmth of his body against hers. He kissed her delicately and carefully, as if she might break at any moment. His lips moved to her eyelids, her forehead. He then pulled away ever so slightly. Julietta didn't know what to do, and she was so utterly confused, but she leaned forward and kissed him again, letting their lips linger against one another, then she pulled back. She ran her fingers through her hair in frustration. She didn't want to get hurt again, she couldn't afford to get hurt again." I'm sorry, its just.... I can't afford to get hurt again and..." She said sighing," I'm... I'm just so confused.... besides, it's about time that I get going," She said, standing up and smoothing out her clothes. She wanted to stay there with him, but she was too afraid to.

Made by Cassie!