The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Grand Stage Productions » The Paris Opera House » The Eighteenth District
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Christine | Gender: Feminina | Age: 32 | Posts: 1,573 | Roses: 460
Old 08-23-2006 at 10:30 PM
Ubaldo Piangi
Opera Manager
House Patron
Il tenore Supremo

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Le Grandiose Appartement  Post [1] »

L e . G r a n d i o s e . A p p a r t e m e n t
Frederick Worthington's grand apartment is a fourth-floor walk-up apartment, boasting a spacious 3145.68 square feet in area and ceilings soaring to nearly 12 feet in height, located inside a freestone building situated on the rue not far from the Paris Opera House. The neighborhood in which it is located just borders on one of the poorer sections of Paris, a true meeting of worlds where the lower class almost rubs shoulders with high society. If a visitor does not wish to climb the stairs to reach it, they can take the lift. Beyond the ornately decorated entrance hall, one can find a grand living room, as well as a smaller living room and an office-library. There is a separate office elsewhere in the apartment. The kitchen is modern, all-equipped, and perfect for when one wishes to have a snack fixed by a master chef. A laundry room provides machines in order to clean one's clothing, and a TV room provides media entertainment for guests.

The other rooms in this grand apartment are a master bedroom, complete with its own shower-bathroom and dressing room; there are two additional bedrooms with their own baths, as well as four bedrooms for staff (two of which are joined). There is even a dining room for sumptuous dinners provided by the host to his guests.

At a cost of 3,370,000 EU, it is a veritable palace away from Frederick's native England, and a decadent residence well worth its price tag. Readily afforded because of his noble origins, as well as the millions made from record sales and contracts with both recording studios and the Paris Opera House.

<b><i>Ubaldo Piangi</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Super Samness | Gender: Wonder Woman | Age: 27 | Posts: 3,913 | Roses: 50
Old 08-24-2006 at 01:38 AM
Erik
Opera Manager
House Patron
Killer Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

Julianna Aundellis

Julianna hummed to herself as she walked down the rue, her black hair, straightened and just past her shoulders now, swung as she walked, as she was bouncing a bit as she went along. Today she wore a classy royal blue dress that came down just about two inches below her knees. It flared at the bottom and came up to form a halter around her neck. It had a black belt-like ribbon wrapped around the waist of the dress and forming a bow on the side, and black tights. Her shoes were simple and black with a small heel that clicked on the concrete below her. At her ears were simple small silver hoops, and her neck was bare, though she wore two rings – one exactly like the one she had given to her best friend, white gold with a diamond on either side of a sapphire worn on her right ring finger, and a 2-carat diamond set in white gold, with four 1/2-carat diamonds on either side of the large stone on her left ring finger – her engagement ring.

Julianna held a small black clutch in one hand, and she fussed with her hair, slowing her walk, as she grew nearer to her destination. She nervously took a silver pin from her purse and pinned a bit of her hair back so that it would stay out of her naturally pale face. When she reached the apartment she had set out to reach, Julianna took a short moment to make sure she looked okay in her compact mirror on the way up on the lift to the fourth floor before ringing the doorbell to Frederick Worthington’s apartment.

Almost immediately a butler opened the door and bid Julianna welcome in a polite yet refined tone (and an English accent, Julianna noticed with a small smile). He showed her in to a grand room, the sitting room she assumed. Her shoes clicked for just a second on the hardwood floor before they stepped onto a luxurious rug. Please, Madame, sit. Is there anything I can get for you as you await Master Worthington? the butler said. Julianna declined graciously with a shake of the head and a smile. “Niente, but thank you,” she said as she folded her hands in her lap, a little bit nervous. It was silly really, as she saw Frederick all the time, was even engaged to the man, but she had never been in his apartment before. Now that she thought of it, she never really saw him much outside of the opera house.

<b><i>Erik</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2006 at 03:44 AM
Ubaldo Piangi
Opera Manager
House Patron
Il tenore Supremo

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] »

Frederick Worthington

Frederick, as usual, was up early on a bright, sunny morning so as to properly prepare for Julianna's arrival at his apartment. It was the first time he would have her visit him, for he had been hoping to spend a day with her outside the opera house at his own residence. The fourth-floor walk-up apartment had been purchased for a handsome sum of money shortly after he came to Paris and joined the opera company. The handsome young English tenor first brought his silk brocade robe, featuring a velvet collar, into the master bathroom with him after getting out of bed. He did not need to worry about fixing it, as there was a maid who would tend to it. After hanging up the robe, Frederick hung a fluffy royal blue towel on the outside of the shower before turning on the water and stepping inside. As he washed his thick, wavy black hair and muscular body, the opera singer opened his mouth, singing the role of Erik, the huntsman from the opera The Flying Dutchman. The maid who was under his employ came into the bathroom to take his silk pajamas to the laundry room and leave him a fresh suit for the day in the dressing room adjoining the master bedroom and bath. When she heard his tremoring, heroic singing voice resounding over the shower water, the young woman smiled as she collected the pajamas and left the bathroom.

Ah, I am so anxious to have Julianna come to my abode. She is sure to be impressed by its spaciousness and antique luxury. After drying off, Frederick stepped out of the shower and put on his finely tailored robe before approaching the vanity to style his hair and shave; once he was finished, had splashed on some soothing, suavely-scented (and expensive) aftershave, and changed into his undergarments, he stepped into the dressing room to put on his suit with the help of his butler, Charles. It was a fairly new acquisition to expand his period wardrobe, an informal day suit styled from the English Regency; along with a neatly pressed dress shirt, there was also a brocade vest of blue-white silk and a frilled white jabot. Cream-colored pants that were fitted from the thighs down and a cut-away jacket with large lapels, a high collar, and solid gold buttons completed the ensemble. After slipping into the pants, the English gentleman put on the high-collared dress shirt, waistcoat, and jabot. The butler stood ready with each piece of the suit in his hands until his employer was ready to take it. I do pray I get this right. It would be dreadful if I did not tie the jabot properly and I were to look foolish in front of Miss Julianna. She would think I did not know how to dress in a period suit and laugh at me. He had practiced many times in his master bedroom in front of the mirror, tying the jabot at his throat after receiving the suit from a man in England whom he knew, a tailor who custom-made the period suits for his wealthy client. Once it was properly in place, Frederick took the royal blue jacket from the butler's hands and threw it around his broad shoulders, sliding his arms through the sleeves and doing up the buttons.

"Charles, where are the Hessian boots that I ordered to go with the suit? I must have them," said the refined, handsome English gentleman, gesturing graciously to his manservant. He completely looked the part of a man from Britain's Regency-era high society, except for the polished black boots he would wear with the suit.

"They are in the closet of the master bedroom, sir. Shall I fetch them for you?"

"Please do, and bring the bootjack with you." The butler bowed respectfully, turned smoothly on his heel, and stepped out of the dressing room while Frederick looked at his appearance in the mirror, fixing his cuffs, his jacket collar, and anything else about his clothing until he deemed it perfect. In just a minute his manservant returned with the gleaming black Hessian boots, which were a bit higher in front and had a small gold tassel at the center of the raised cuff. He also brought a bootjack, so that his employer would be able to slip them on comfortably and ensure a good fit. "Thank you, Charles." The tenor sat upon a small bench upholstered with an overstuffed red cushion, using the bootjack to slide the boots over his feet and up his legs, the raised cuffs stopping just below his kneecaps. When he finished, Charles took back the bootjack.

"Will there be anything else, Master Worthington?" asked the English butler, a man in his late forties with dark brown hair and some gray at the temples, making him look very distinguished. The sophisticated, raven-haired opera singer turned his eyes towards his manservant.

"No, thank you. That will be all." He dismissed Charles with an elegant wave of his hand, which the older man took as his cue to leave. So, once more he bowed and returned to the bedroom to put away the bootjack, then walked out into the hallway and began his daily patrol of the halls and rooms inside Frederick's enormous apartment. Meanwhile, the dashingly handsome tenor strode out to his grand living room and turned on the stereo, built into the base of an old-fashioned Victrola; it did not play records, but instead had a CD changer deck, and soon a classical symphony filled the room at a moderate volume--just loud enough to be heard, but soft enough to be easy on the ears. Finally, he retired to the dining room, where he was served a delicious breakfast.

The flowers in the apartment are drying up and wilting. Since Miss Julianna will be a visitor today, I shall have to have some fresh ones sent to the apartment. So, after finishing breakfast and morning tea, Frederick looked up a fine florist in Paris near the center of the city, called them up, and ordered their finest floral arrangements to be brought up. The owner agreed, and around nine in the morning a van pulled up, with two men unloading potted plants and floral bouquets in fine vases from the back. They did their work with precision and ease, rapidly unloading the floral arrangements that were ordered and setting them in different parts of the apartment while removing the old flowers. After the men were finished, Frederick paid them and they departed. I should have some time yet before she arrives. I shall retire to the master bedroom for a bit in order to do some singing without being disturbed. Thus he headed back to his room and shut the door, assuming the role of an operatic hero as if it were second nature. The tenor was no longer Frederick Worthington, but Walther von Stolzing from Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg singing the Prize Song from the Wagner opera.

How I love this role! It is one I have always admired since I was a boy and wanted to sing onstage! His powerful, classically trained voice resounded and reverberated around the four walls of his master bedroom as he fully threw himself into the character of Walther. The opera singer walked to his closet, just around the corner in the other half of the bedroom, and pulled out a long, flowing cloak, which was then swirled around his shoulders. As he continued to sing, Frederick was unaware of the doorbell ringing, and he remained in his reverie, twirling the cloak dramatically to accentuate the words of the Prize Song. Charles, on the other hand, went to the door immediately and opened it to find Julianna Aundellis waiting.

"Good day, Madame Aundellis. Please, do come in. Your visit has been expected." He greeted the petite, dark-haired ballet dancer with suavity, gesturing for her to enter. After she stepped inside, the butler closed the door and, with his hands clasped behind his back, led Julianna to the grand living room. "Please, Madame, sit. Is there anything I can get for you as you await Master Worthington?"

Niente, but thank you.” She sat down on one of the sofas inside the grand living room, while Charles bowed politely.

"I shall inform him of your arrival." He strode easily down the hall to where he heard singing coming from the master bedroom; inside was his employer, standing before his gold-framed mirror, his strong tenor voice accompanied by his muscular arms sweeping a long cloak, striking various dramatic poses as he played the part of the operatic hero dressed in English Regency clothing.

<b><i>Ubaldo Piangi</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 08-25-2006 at 08:38 AM
Erik
Opera Manager
House Patron
Killer Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] »

Julianna Aundellis

"I shall inform him of your arrival."

Julianna sat with her legs, dressed in black tights, crosses at the knees and smiled as Charles left the room, then inspected her shoes to be sure there were no marks on them. She didn't want to look good today - she wanted to look perfect. She was going to see her fiancée after all, a handsom, young, wealthy English gentleman. she couldn't look as though she had just thrown any old thing on to come see him.

Soon though, Julianna couldn't bear to stay seated when there was such a beautiful room there all around her. She stood and walked across the room to a vase of flowers that was excellently place, sniffing them daintily then turning and looking around her. She was definently impressed by what she saw - - the apartment was magnificent in all senses of the word, and she absolutely adored it.

As she took a quick look around, Julianna heard music coming from somewhere in the house. Not really thinking much about respect for privacy, she was drawn to the sound and wanted to know exactly where it was coming from. Besides, she figured, what harm could she possibly cause by poking around a little? She was engaged to the owner!

Following the sound of the music, Julianna hesitated for just a second before ascending the staires in this lovely apartment. Peering down a hallway, she found no butler, not a soul, which caused her to continue in her search for the music. Wandering down the large, empty hair, Julianna heard the pleasent music growing louder, and she glanced inside a room and found the source - what appeared to be an old victrolia was playing, and Frederick stood in a mirror, swirling and twirling a grand cloak.

Julianna put a hand against the doorway silently and watched, out of view from the mirror in which Frederick stood and practiced his moves. When the music ended, Julianna was smiling widely, and said "Brava, Monsieur," giving away that she was there.

"Ahem" Julianna jumped at the sound of the butler, who was pointedly clearing his throat. "Miss Julianna has arrived," he said, which made her blush. "Uhm, yes, I was just. . .I heard the music and. . .I am sorry," she said, looking away from Charles and to Frederick.

Old 08-25-2006 at 10:53 PM
Ubaldo Piangi
Opera Manager
House Patron
Il tenore Supremo

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5] »

Frederick Worthington

Frederick was so into his character as Walther, the knight from Franconia in Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg, that he did not notice there was anyone outside his door, nor that the door had been opened with a familiar female figure standing just at the threshold. His Heldentenor voice floated around the room and out to the open door, bound to capture the attention of anyone nearby. He was just finished singing the Prize Song from the opera when a voice spoke to him.

"Bravo, monsieur." The Englishman came out of his reverie, the folds of the large cloak settling around him as he turned towards the direction of the door. His face immediately split into a smile of joy upon seeing his fiancée, and soon Charles joined her.

"Ahem." The petite, black-haired Russian jumped slightly at the butler's voice as he cleared his throat and prepared to announce to his employer that his guest was present. "Miss Julianna has arrived." He stood, dignified as ever, with his hands clasped behind his back. Charles was dressed quite smartly in a crisp white dress shirt and neatly pressed black tuxedo.

"Yes, I do see, Charles. Thank you. I apologize that you have caught me in...a bit of an unusual daydream, but I am greatly delighted that you are here at last, Miss Julianna," said the handsome young gentleman, first addressing his butler before speaking to Julianna. He strode to the door, the cloak of rich brown fabric billowing broadly from his shoulders as he met them. The tall, dark-haired opera singer looked quite handsome in his English Regency day suit with boots on his feet. "Charles, perhaps after I give Miss Julianna the grand tour of the apartment, you will kindly bring a few very light refreshments to the living room?"

"Yes, sir, as you wish." With a polite, dignified bow, the very proper butler strode away to tend to other duties about the apartment. Frederick, meanwhile, gently grasped Julianna's hand and brought it to his lips as he bowed slightly from the waist; then, he lowered it and placed his other hand over it, a warm, grey-eyed gaze trained on the young lady he loved as he straightened up.

"Miss Julianna, I have been so anxious to have you come and visit me. I had hoped we could have some time just for each other outside the opera house. Please, allow me to show you my home." The young gentleman stepped out of the bedroom into the hallway, closing the door behind him and offering his arm to her as he prepared to lead her around the apartment. He wanted to show her all its refined, elegant luxury despite being renovated with only top-of-the-line materials. "I am sure you have already seen the grand living room, my love; without a doubt you have found the Victrola stereo on a table playing music in the room. It is perfect for setting a mood.

"Is there anything here you wish to see, my darling lady? Name it and I will bring you there," he told the pretty young dancer, gesturing down the hallway before beginning their tour. "I hope to have you see every part of this apartment, because you should be comfortable here as my guest. I pray I will one day be able to carry you as my bride over the threshold into her new home." As thoughts of a fairytale wedding filled Frederick's mind, he felt as though his heart was swelling until it was even bigger than his muscles. He knew he would love to be able to live in this apartment with Julianna for a long time to come.

Old 08-28-2006 at 07:14 PM
Erik
Opera Manager
House Patron
Killer Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6] »

Julianna Aundellis

"Yes, I do see, Charles. Thank you. I apologize that you have caught me in...a bit of an unusual daydream, but I am greatly delighted that you are here at last, Miss Julianna,"

Julianna grinned, a bit embarassed that his butler had caught her spying on him in his dramatic splendour. She stayed quiet as the two men arranged drinks to be served later on, peeking slightly into the master bedroom and smiling at his Victrola, amused at it.

"Miss Julianna, I have been so anxious to have you come and visit me. I had hoped we could have some time just for each other outside the opera house. Please, allow me to show you my home."

Julianna smiled at Frederick now, and nodded. "I would love to see your home, my dear. From what I have seen already, it is truely amazing," she said. It was so big, and fancy, Julianna could only marvel at it.

"I am sure you have already seen the grand living room, my love; without a doubt you have found the Victrola stereo on a table playing music in the room. It is perfect for setting a mood.

"Yes!" Julianna said, "I have seen your living room, and I must say that it is indeed grand. I absolutely love it." Julianna's eyes were not on Frederick, but looking around his spacious flat and drinking the beautiful building in.

"Is there anything here you wish to see, my darling lady? Name it and I will bring you there," Julianna couldn't think of what she wanted to see. There were surely many beaeutiful rooms, and she had no idea of what to pick, and decided to let him show her what he wanted instead.

"I hope to have you see every part of this apartment, because you should be comfortable here as my guest. I pray I will one day be able to carry you as my bride over the threshold into her new home."

Julianna blushed, and brought her eyes to Frederick's face. His bride. . .why does the thought make me blush so? I agreed to be engaged to him, and yet the thought of marriage scares me so. It didn't when it was just a dream, but now it was so real, and Julianna didn't know what to do about it. She knew right then that she did want to marry him - - but not right then. Thankfully, sh knew without question that he would wait for as long as she needed, and she needed not even ask.

"Show me your favourite room," she requested, avoiding the subject of their future marriage completely, She could see herself living here with him someday, but she didn't want to think about it right then. "I want to know which room makes you happiest. . .and we can go from there," she said, both her lips and her blue eyes all smiling.

Old 08-30-2006 at 07:17 PM
Ubaldo Piangi
Opera Manager
House Patron
Il tenore Supremo

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7] »

Frederick Worthington

"I would love to see your home, my dear. From what I have seen already, it is truely amazing." Julianna smiled widely as she assented to allowing her fiancé to give her a tour of his large, opulently furnished flat. When Frederick said she had probably already seen the grand living room, the pretty young dancer answered in the affirmative. Her beautiful blue eyes wandered about her surroundings, taking in every detail. "Yes! I have seen your living room, and I must say that it is indeed grand. I absolutely love it." The young gentleman, polite as ever, asked the dark-haired Russian where he should take her first.

Oh, that blush on her lovely cheeks...I can imagine it when I bring her into this apartment as my newly-wed wife! The petite girl appeared to be indecisive for a moment, then spoke up.

"Show me your favourite room." This request took the tenor a bit by surprise, as he had expected she might wish for him to start with the entrance hall and work his way around the apartment to all the various rooms. However, he could begin the tour in this fashion as well; Frederick would adapt to just about anything that his love desired. "I want to know which room makes you happiest. . .and we can go from there."

"Very well. I shall show you what I consider my favorite room," the Englishman replied, offering his arm to her before gently slipping her hand into the crook of his elbow before walking down the hallway with her to another door. This brought them to the grand living room, and they stepped inside. "You may be wondering what we are doing here. This is a lovely room, but my favorite happens to be the one next to it." The young tenor led her through the open space, which could be separated by folding Rococo-styled panels, into a somewhat smaller room.

"This is my sanctuary. My office-library, where I study my libretti or come to read a good book," Frederick told Julianna, his arm gesturing around the room. "You will have to forgive my disorganization, as I tend to leave libretti wherever I can put them down when I am called away." He left the girl's side for a moment to pick up various opera scripts and sheet music, then placed them on the desk inside the room. His high cheekbones were tinged pink with a light blush, as he had not organized the room before her arrival.

Old 08-31-2006 at 05:17 PM
Erik
Opera Manager
House Patron
Killer Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8] »

Julianna Aundellis

"Very well. I shall show you what I consider my favorite room,"
Julianna smiled, because she had picked it, and he had agreed. He led her hand to his arm and the two walked properly down the hall. Guilt ebbed at her from inside though. Tell him, it told her, Tell him now! Tell him about Matias, and Laazare. . .how stupid you are. But Julianna just couldn't bring herself to begin to tell him. He was being so sweet right now, and it would surely hurt him greatly.

Julianna looked around to where Frederick had led her, and saw herself. . .right back in the living room. Had I not already seen it? Maybe there is something I missed that he wishes me to see, she thought. "You may be wondering what we are doing here. This is a lovely room, but my favorite happens to be the one next to it."

"Oh!" she said. She hadn't realized that there was another room attatched to this one, and now was quite interested as to what was inside. It was a smaller room, and Julianna was pleased to see it a bit messy. Eveything was so proper and in order, and finding a mess made her smile.

"This is my sanctuary. My office-library, where I study my libretti or come to read a good book. You will have to forgive my disorganization, as I tend to leave libretti wherever I can put them down when I am called away."

Julianna laughed. "I think I can forgive you," she said, smiling at him as he put things away hastily. "I love this room. It is quieter, and much more comfortable than the others, I think," she added, as she thought this room seemed more lived in than the others. She walked over to the desk and touched it lightly. It was perfect, of course, and as Julianna glanced over everything she found she loved it more every second.

Old 09-08-2006 at 07:22 PM
Ubaldo Piangi
Opera Manager
House Patron
Il tenore Supremo

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9] »

Frederick Worthington

"Oh!" This was Julianna's small cry of surprise when shown the smaller room adjoining the grand living room, though cluttered with sheet music and libretti from various operas. Frederick immediately apologized and began to pick them up, putting them in a stack of paper on his desk. The lovely young Russian ballerina laughed and smiled as he went about cleaning up, her eyes roaming the small room's elegant furnishings. "I think I can forgive you. I love this room. It is quieter, and much more comfortable than the others, I think." She lightly touched the polished mahogany desk, and her English fiancé smiled, carefully putting down a few books of various arias for the tenor voice before walking around the piece of furniture.

"Because it is my primary work area, I tend to close the partition so that guests do not see the state of the room. However, I am glad that I left it open for you, dearest mine," said the young man, his grey eyes full of fondness for Julianna. "Even as I am taking you on the tour of my apartment, I hope this will not be the only time you will see it. Someday, I pray I might share all of this with you...what is mine will be yours as well." Once again the handsome opera singer's hand took that of the dancer in its tender grasp, then lifted her hand to his soft lips in order to give it a lingering kiss.

"Come, allow me to show you the rest of my home." He led Julianna out through the grand living room and out into the hallway once more. "Although this is not a room, it is no less exquisite. Every part of my home has come to reflect decadence, luxury, and wealth. I would never hesitate to put money forward in order to have only the best...and you deserve no less than that, my sweet." The tenor brought Julianna back to the door of the master bedroom, where she had found him earlier in front of his mirror.

"A bedroom fit for nobility, would you not say, my dear? Oh, I cannot wait to share this sumptuous, exquisite apartment with you! And here..." The young nobleman took both of the dark-haired young lady's hands, then began to walk backwards towards a partially open door. After pushing it open, he led her through the dressing room into the master bath. "Here is the perfect place to unwind after a stressful day of rehearsing opera or dance." The bathroom was indeed a feast for the eyes, with a chandelier, a tile floor with an Oriental rug in front of a vanity with a large mirror and beautiful marble countertop. And, near the windows, was a whirlpool tub with massaging water jets to ease aching muscles and soothe stress. Frederick suddenly had a burst of inspiration and suddenly turned her and himself, with Julianna's back now positioned against his torso. One arm came around her waist, covering the dancer with the rich brown fabric of his grand cloak; meanwhile, his other hand lifted her free arm and began to kiss it in the style of the French, trailing kisses up and down her delicate pale skin, even playfully changing his accent to sound more like a Frenchman.

"Ah, Mademoiselle Zhulianna, mah tendehl love! Mah delicate flowehl, ma petite morceau délicieux qui sucre mon coeur quand mes lévres l'embrassent!" exclaimed the British gentleman in between kisses, his lips meeting her smooth, soft skin with a gentle touch. There was a passionate heat in his kiss as well, as if he were branding her with love so that all knew to whom she was promised, and that he had promised himself to her.

Old 09-15-2006 at 07:15 PM
Erik
Opera Manager
House Patron
Killer Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10] »

Julianna Aundellis

"Because it is my primary work area, I tend to close the partition so that guests do not see the state of the room. However, I am glad that I left it open for you, dearest mine,"
Julianna smiled, a bit waveringly, at Frederick. 'Dearest mine'. You won't call me that when you know, she thought, for she had long since decided that he absolutely should know about what happened.

"Even as I am taking you on the tour of my apartment, I hope this will not be the only time you will see it. Someday, I pray I might share all of this with you...what is mine will be yours as well."

Julianna nodded, a sad sigh escaping from her lips. It could have been percieved, however, as a sigh from a girl in awe over a magnifent apartment, however. When Frederick brought his lips gently to her hand, a light blush spread over her pale face.

"Come, allow me to show you the rest of my home." Julianna did as she was told, allowing Frederick to bring her into a hallway. "Although this is not a room, it is no less exquisite. Every part of my home has come to reflect decadence, luxury, and wealth. I would never hesitate to put money forward in order to have only the best...and you deserve no less than that, my sweet."

Guilt burned Julianna's heart, as he talked of how much she deserved. She wanted to break away from him and shake her head. She wanted to tell him that she deserved none of what he was prepared to give her, none of what she was told she would recieve. She didn't deserve himt o even look at her, and she knew it.

Before she knew it, they were down the hall, at the bedroom. "A bedroom fit for nobility, would you not say, my dear? Oh, I cannot wait to share this sumptuous, exquisite apartment with you! And here..." Julianna was led by both hands into the room, and her eyes scanned its splendour. but he did not stop, continueing on into an adjoining room.

It turned out to be a bathroom, and an extraordinairy one at that. "Here is the perfect place to unwind after a stressful day of rehearsing opera or dance." "Mon Dieu," Julianna murmered as her eyes scanned the lovely room. It had a chandelier, a beautiful rug, a rather luxurious tub, and the most amazing marble counters she had ever seen. In awe over the bathroom, she was completely caught off guard when Frederick came to hold her against him, her back against his torso.

Her waist was covered by his arm, his cloak covering her warmly, and he began to kiss her arm as steriotyped for the french. "Ah, Mademoiselle Zhulianna, mah tendehl love! Mah delicate flowehl, ma petite morceau délicieux qui sucre mon coeur quand mes lévres l'embrassent!" It was all Julianna could do not to laugh as he switched his accent to imitate the french. He was so cute, she was thinking, and Frederick's lips met her own, chasing away intelligence out of her mind.

His kisses were soft, and gentle, with an underlying heat to them like she had never experienced before, and she wished she could have enjoyed it for just a moment longer before her conscience told her to stop.

"Frederick," she said a bit unstable as she pulled her lips away from his reluctantly, turning her body so that she faced him completely, "Stop. . . I cannot do this anymore." Tears already began to fill her eyes, and she decided that if she had to do it, why drag it out any longer? She slipped her engagement ring off of her finger, and presented it to him, sad not for herself, but for the man who loved her.

"I cannot marry you, and I cannot live with you. I cannot be wit you," she added, her eyes apologetic and her heart aching for him.