The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Grand Stage Productions » The Paris Opera House » The Eighteenth District
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 06-21-2015 at 04:45 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [151] »

Cara Blaze Andovea

Black sheep, Cara had always KIND of been that way, one way or another. She was the outcast, the outsider and though she had gotten better with her role something always, ALWAYS held her back...not that she minded for Charles DID have a point it WAS better to be your own person...instead of following a crowd.

“Hey, Don’t dog on yourself so much, Cara. I know you were sort of joking, but still… You’ve done too much here: with yourself, with your children, to think you are stupid.”

Turning to face him her eyes couldn't help but meet his. Now where had THAT come from? She had been joking around...well kind of and BOOM. Did he know she sometimes wondered if she had been stupid, made the right choices and yes...even wondered what he life might be if she had done things differently.

So...where did that put her now? What did Charles see her as?

“Hmm…what animal do I think you are? You’re protective and insistent, no one can tell you what to do, you’re ferocious.. And you love your children.”

Upon hearing this Cara couldn't help but agree...well with most of it but ferocious? Maybe in a way...but was that a bad thing?

“As a nod of the head to your Russian heritage, definitely a mama bear.”

As he laughed Cara thought about it...a bear? She had never thought about it that way but yes...the way Charles said it she slowly came to see it.

"But what would you say I am if we’re going to play this game?”

"A monkey" she said quickly without any thought or sign of half teasing. "You're cheeky and sometimes childish, you love to play and yet are very cute."

She thought for a moment trying to come up with a real answer.

"Maybe a wolf. A teacher which could lead me into saying a dog but...."

Taking a breath she looked at him her dark eyes meeting his.

"I think an eagle, wise, free and yet...hold a great power that not many know of...or understand"

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Ashley | Gender: Femme fatale | Posts: 24 | Roses: 10
Old 06-21-2015 at 06:42 AM
TheSunflower
Wandering Child
Gypsy Soul

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [152] »

Charles Beauregard

To Charles, the outing had progressed into something more and more date-like as the afternoon had worn on. They had ridden out bareback to a beautiful location where they had sat down to a nice picnic. They shared an activity and then they shared a meal..now they were asking all sorts of questions getting to know one another.

"A monkey" she said almost immediately. He continued to smile but his jaw dropped and he recoiled in mock offense. "You're cheeky and sometimes childish, you love to play and yet are very cute." He crossed his eyes and scratched under his armpit like an ape, hoping to make her laugh. To his surprise she kept talking.

"Maybe a wolf. A teacher which could lead me into saying a dog but...." she continued. He scoffed, surely she didn't mean that. There was nothing really wolfish about him was there.

"I think an eagle, wise, free and yet...hold a great power that not many know of...or understand"
seemed to be her final answer.

At that he did actually crack up, not able to hold it in. "Wise eh?" he asked, wiping one of the tears from his eyes that sprung up from his wild laughter. "I don't think I've ever been called wise..or powerful for that matter." he almost hiccuped from the force of his laughter. "I'll take it as a compliment." he said as he finally calmed down and sighed. "It just shows you still have a lot to learn about me." Thunder rolled in the distance, and when he turned its head to the source and saw angry dark clouds rolling in over the beautiful blue sky above them. "We have a lot to learn about eachother."
TheSunflower's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2015 at 06:54 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [153] »

Cara Blaze Andovea

What animal was he? It was the question issued to her and it was a hard one to answer. She somehow didn't see Charles as one animal but quite a few and whether or not they mixed together they did in Charles.

Her note about a monkey wasn't just a tease but a truth his actions making it enforce within her mind she had gotten it right. A wolf, his eyes...a wolfs eyes could tell so much, draw you in and his blue ones sure did that. A dog, once more loyal, playful, able to make her laugh and lastly an eagle powerful, strong, souring and free and a lifeline to a new world. Clearly he however didn't think so.

"Wise eh?" he questioned as she watched him whip tears of laughter from his eyes. "I don't think I've ever been called wise..or powerful for that matter."

She merely shrugged, staying silent. Maybe he didn't see it but she did just as he saw her as a bear.

"I'll take it as a compliment. It just shows you still have a lot to learn about me."

Now that hurt a little but...it WAS the truth. While she had been somewhat of an open book Charles on the other hand was still doused in a blanket of the unknown.

"We have a lot to learn about eachother."

"Clearly" she breathed looking up to the sky. "And here's something you can learn about me. I have an allergy to rain"

Name: Ashley | Gender: Femme fatale | Posts: 24 | Roses: 10
Old 06-21-2015 at 09:01 AM
TheSunflower
Wandering Child
Gypsy Soul

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [154] »

Charles Beauregard

Charles sighed and looked up to the sky where the raindrops were beginning to form in the angry clouds quickly approaching and shook his head. “That’s rotten luck,” he covered his eyes with his hand.

"Clearly" she said, agreeing to his statement that they barely knew one another. "And here's something you can learn about me. I have an allergy to rain"

He smirked and stood up, putting his hat back on. “Then I guess we had better get you inside.” He began gathering things up. “We better hurry, it looks like the sky is about to open up. But we should continue this some other time, don’t you think?” He glanced up from rolling up the blanket. “So we can solve the problem of not really knowing one another.
TheSunflower's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2015 at 09:15 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [155] »

Cara Blaze Andovea

Rain, it was always a downer and for Cara in more ways then one. It seemed a storm cloud loomed over their picnic and called it to an end. Though she couldn't help but wonder if he was glad about this.

“Then I guess we had better get you inside.” he started as he gathered things making her stand. “We better hurry, it looks like the sky is about to open up. But we should continue this some other time, don’t you think?”

How to answer that? Was he hinting at something, asking her out or what?

“So we can solve the problem of not really knowing one another."

"Sure" she answered simply "But I do know one thing. You'd better hold on tight on the way back. Ghost doesn't much like rain either"

OCC: Now we can either end it here or if you like you can post again and finish it off

Old 04-27-2017 at 03:55 PM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [156] »

OCC: above thread finished.
For Cara and Calvin

Cara Blaze Andovea

Cara had been walking around the ruins of her life, the empty house, the gravestone, her dance studio. With her kids still staying with Lashell and Calvin's kids at daycare Cara had time to dwell. To once again listen to Mark's music box as it echoed around the room.

Her fingertips had run over not one but two engagement rings. The one she had taken off her neck so long ago and the newer one, one that had held such promise, a promise of a new life, a new family....a promise that that fallen apart.

As she blindly made her way from one room to the next she could almost feel a ghost-like presence following her every move reminding her of the Demon that she HAD been able to face and god how she had come to miss him.

She had brushed away the tears of everything she had lost as she packed up the few things she knew belonged to Charles the ring, the last thing she packed away. If he came for them, she'd simply hand them over else wise they'd forever remain in a dark space where she could try to forget.

Not wanting to slip any further into the past she made her way out to the stables Cody leading the way and barked at Ghost in greeting who returned it in kind. Now, some would call it foolish but after brushing him down she found herself climbing onto his back letting him and the wind take over, giving way to sheer freedom until finally coming to stop within the open field behind her house. Letting the tears fall.

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 25 | Posts: 4,279 | Roses: 0
Old 04-29-2017 at 03:57 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [157] »

Calvin Booth

Calvin wrapped up some paperwork on his desk. Things were picking up speed a little bit at work as the winter thawed to Spring in the city of Paris and with it came new things such as his relationship with Evea that he intended to chat with Cara about. Normally he would have talked with Rebecca, his old partner about this stuff but she wasn’t around, she had gone back to New York and he had not been able to reach her, even at the number she had left with thee department when she had gone. It was strange, she had been such a big part of his life; even when Teresa had come back and they had been engaged. Yet they had been with different people and it just hadn’t aligned for them to be together. He had been so deeply and completely in love with her that he had found excuses to stay late at work to be with her. He had gone undercover with her in which they pretended that they were a couple so that they could get close to suspects. All of these things had played a major role in what had driven him to propose to Teresa. When she had become pregnant with Olivia and it had become clear that Rebecca was in love with the man she had been seeing at the time and Calvin had a responsibility to his family. It was funny, as he got more serious with Evea he couldn’t help but think of the woman that had slipped away. At times, as Parker slept curled next to him he wondered if he had lost some thing special or if he had been fortunate. At times Evea awoke something that he had felt at the beginning with Teresa and quite frequently with Rebecca, he couldn’t help but wonder that maybe he and Evea had a future together.

Yet together wasn’t exactly about he and Evea. It was about Cara and packing up her ex-fiance’s stuff. She had told him rather emotionally that it appeared that things were not working out with this Charles fellow that he had never met. His instinctive desire to protect her had taken hold and he had asked if he could help so she had suggested he come over and help her since she didn’t want to be alone. He had taken Olivia to daycare before work and dropped Parker off at a friend’s house. He had also rescheduled his lunch date with Evea, explaining that he needed to help out a friend who was going through a hard time. He could see it in Cara’s face, the hope of a family taken away from her. So he picked up some pink potted flowers that the florist had said would brighten up her home. Calvin pulled into the driveway and sat in the car for a moment. He wished that the poor girl could get a break. He stared at his own hands on the steering wheel. He gazed for a moment at the finger that had once donned a wedding band and he sighed. It hadn’t really been a good year for both of them to be honest. Teresa had left him and it appeared that Charles had left Cara though Calvin was certain he would get the details this afternoon. He and Cara had a fairly open relationship about these things. They had talked briefly about what Charles’ father had done to her after he had found out the reality of things from Lashell. Cara had tried to claim that’s why Charles was acting so distant but it had bothered him.

Even now as he closed the car door with the flowers and a few boxes empty boxes in hand, the anger that the memory elicited caused him to slam the door a little harder than he intended. He walked briskly up the walk and knocked. No sound came and so Calvin tried the knob, it was unlocked. As he opened the door he called for Cara but no sound of her voice could be heard. He wondered where she could be. He set the flowers down on a table that looked like an okay place for them now. Though Cara wouldn’t able to see them he knew that she could smell and hoped that she would appreciate the addition to the house, at least temporarily. He wasn’t even sure if Cara planned to stay her; perhaps there were too many memories here. Calvin wandered around the house for a moment. It was large; so large that it made his apartment feel like a studio even though it suited him, Parker, Olivia and Cara just fine. Calvin noticed the boxed up things on the table and sighed. Many of the items in the box were clearly masculine and likely belonged to Cara’s former fiancé. Moving past the boxes he had satisfied his curiousity enough and wandered out to the back patio.

“Cara!” he called, his voice ringing through the large backyard that opened up into a vast field. It was then that he heard a bark and a large German shepard came bounding towards him. He recognized the dog as Cody, Cara’s seeing eye companion. “Hey Cody… where’s Cara?” Calvin asked, as if expecting the dog to give him a verbal reply but the dog bounded away from him towards the field. Calvin walked to the edge of the yard where a fence separated the grassy section from the field. Calvin looked out, thankful that he had worn his sunglasses and scanned the horizon. He glimpsed a stallion standing up the hill a ways. He recalled Cara mentioning a horse that she owned and so Calvin whistled for the dog and began to walk towards the horse. As he approached he made the shape of his young friend out clearly on the horses back, she looked like nothing but a doll atop the giant animal. Calvin greeted the animal that shifted nervously with a pat to the neck before looking up at Cara. “I wasn’t expecting to have to scour the countryside for you…” he teased, hoping he could lighten her clearly gloomy mood with a rather horrible joke. “Cara… why don’t I help you down and we can talk about?” He suggested, hating to see her like this and wishing there was more that he could do.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2017 at 07:33 PM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [158] »

Cara Blaze Andovea

Tears trickled. How much more could she loose? Her house, her kids? In a way she felt like she was.

Each and every night lately she knew that nightmares would come and so she stayed awake not wanting to give into them. Each time she was left alone memories, laughter filled her head each teasing in their torment. Mark, Dementis, Evrard, Charles HER parents all people she had lost in some form or another, leaving out only a few. The priest, his son Charles' father, the people who had hurt her deeper than she'd care to admit all of it slowly spinning and driving her crazy.

Letting the tears fall she couldn't help but feel even more darkness closing in as if she really was in hell and that Hades had finally, finally won. Shivers ran over her body leaving her cold and yet, unforeseen a tiny ray of light shone through.

“I wasn’t expecting to have to scour the countryside for you…” a teasing voice sounded. “Cara… why don’t I help you down and we can talk about?”

Pulling herself up some, brushing away the tears her gaze turned toward the voice.

"What makes you think I want to keep talking about it all Calvin?" She questioned.

If she hadn't wanted to talk about it then when he had forced it out of her what made him think she wanted to talk about it now?

"I want to forget but it's all I can think about. You have no idea what it's like living inside my head, no way out, nothing but darkness and voices because I can't escape, the darkness is always there. I thought it would end I just want it to end even Ghost can't take me away from it now."

She somehow doubted That Calvin would understand the meaning of her words, the reason Evrard had gifted her Ghost. He had been a way for her to leave her dark memories behind, to feel freedom but now, now he couldn't run fast enough for that.