The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Grand Stage Productions The Paris Opera House The Eighteenth District
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 10-17-2016 at 04:09 PM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [21]

Cara Blaze Andovea

This step, this next step, was going to be the hardest. She had lived through attacks, her life being on the line far more than once, those things she could handle she knew, more of less what lay ahead and therefore was finally getting a hold....it was the chance of losing another family that had made her so nervous, so scared.

When James asked her if there was anyone he should stay clear from one name SCREAMED out in her head. The rape, the aftermath of what SHE had now set in motion slowly faded as in her head pictures played it all coming down to Charles not believing her, leaving her.

"No Beauregards,"

At this one of Cara's hands played with her wedding ring before her ears tuned into rapid fired French. One would think that her lifetime of living in Paris would mean she understood what he was saying with no problem, though in truth she only got bits.

"A friend of mine is coming. She's my doctor, She'll take care of you."

Nodding, saying nothing somehow Cara's mind went back to the last time she had been raped. She had been shaken but there had been more at stack than just her life, it had been Skyla's aswell her family just like it was now. Therefore that little thread of calm she'd found would be clung onto.....then...when all this was over....she knew in the back of her mind that she'd break again.

It wasn't long until she heard someone arrive, calling her back from the depths of her own mind.

"My name is Dr. Gaspar. There is much to do and little time to do it. Let us go somewhere private where I can examine you."

"T...t..thank you f..for coming." she whispered "Umm. I haven't changed o...or washed or anything just so you know...I am blind, though so please tell me i..if y...you're going to touch me and where i...I'm still jumpy."

OCC: I think it best then that YOU write her as much as you can. I will however add what I think is needed (if the thread calls for it)

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Super Samness | Gender: Wonder Woman | Age: 27 | Posts: 3,913 | Roses: 50
Old 10-22-2016 at 03:12 AM
Erik
Opera Manager
House Patron
Killer Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [22]

OOC: That's very difficult to do! Also I've never had a rape kit done on me so everything I know is from TV, so I'm not going to attempt it here because that can be triggering. I went a different way with it, so this NPC is going to kind of have a few paragraphs and an exit, and then it'll be passed to James. BIC:

James Sawyer

Dr. Gaspar had worked in Paris for a long time. She had been born and raised in a small coastal town, and had moved to Paris years ago for medical school. She had treated all sorts of people, babies and the elderly and everyone in between. She had set bones, delivered babies, and treated burns. She had diagnosed sexual transmitted diseases, and cancer. She had given relieved mothers good news, and bad. She had helped the homeless and the teens, prostitutes and performers of the stage. She did this all with a rigid demeanour, because she knew her weakness was a soft heart, and after so many years of helping people on the worst days of their lives she needed to distance herself. But always, without fail, rape cases hit her in the chest like a hammer, and though she tried to be as clinical as possible she never forgot a face of a victim.

So she took pictures. She took fingernail scrapings and swabs and clothing. She took hair samples and DNA, something she had been licensed to do. She checked her friend James' clumsy bandage work, and stitched it up as good as she had ever done. She was scarred enough, Dr. Gaspar thought, and did what she could to prevent another. Because the best way she could help the women who had been violated that she treated was to fix them, medically, and document to help their cases when they went before a judge.

She closed the door gently behind her when she left Cara alone, carrying bags of clothes and a kit filled with samples. Her doctors bag was lighter, and her heart was heavier. She gave James a grim look.

"Is she okay?" he asked nervously.

"As good as she can be," Dr. Gaspar advised, very deliberately looking away. "Physically, she'll be fine. Emotionally... how women overcome this, I'll never know." James reached a hand out, struggling to balance his urge to pull away with his need to comfort one of his dearest friends.

"Thank you for coming," James said, not knowing what else there was to say.

"I hope we meet again soon, Jaques. Under more desirable circumstances. Tell the police I have the evidence with me for chain of custody." He walked her to the door, they air kissed goodbye, and she was gone.

James paced in his living room for a moment, uncertainty gripping him. Did he leave Cara alone? Did he go to her? Gaspar hadn't said she'd asked for him, but he imagined she was alone and frightened and feeling awfully prodded and poked right then. So he did what he had seen his mother do countless times to soothe others; he made a cup of tea, and took it upstairs.

He cautiously rapped on the door. "Cara," he said, "Are you alright? I've, ah, brought you tea." He felt suddenly foolish for the idea, and wished he'd been able to think of anything at all that might have actually helped. But she was going through a very traumatic time, and she was a stranger. How could he know what to do?

<b><i>Erik</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2016 at 05:29 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [23]

Cara Blaze Andovea

The time that followed the doctor's arrival was a time that Cara would never forget. With everything that doctors had done to her in the past, it would be this that stuck out in her mind.

She had always heard of rape in the news always thinking, wondering how someone got through it and came out the other side. It was one of the reasons she could understand someone saying that they couldn't go through with a pregnancy and therefore, getting an abortion.

There were times when rape came into TV shows. Soaps standing out above all else but once in awhile it involved real people, feeling and one question that was always seeming to be debated. To seek help, to report it, go to the police....or not to. Coming from two different sides of the debate Cara could see reasons for both.

For what seemed like a lifetime Cara let the doctor do her work, in the back of her mind wondering if it was all for not and knowing that this day wasn't over yet. She still had the police to talk to and maybe even....Charles. The thoughts were almost numbing.

When the doctor was done Cara dressed herself in the clothes that James had given her, still unsure of taking a bath even though DNA had now been collected. Would the police want to do their own testing? That much she didn't know.

She didn't really know when the doctor left as she sat on the bed, arms around herself trying to regain some of that control that had been shattered once again. It was in the back on her mind that she heard someone knocking, a voice calling out.

"Are you alright? I've, ah, brought you tea."

Slowly, as if sleep walking she made her way to the door and opened it.

"James?" she questioned "I....tea sounds....nice."

Name: Super Samness | Gender: Wonder Woman | Age: 27 | Posts: 3,913 | Roses: 50
Old 10-22-2016 at 07:58 PM
Erik
Opera Manager
House Patron
Killer Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [24]

James Sawyer

James stood on the other side of a walnut wood door he had not contemplated at all beyond aesthetics when he had bought the house. Now it felt as though he would always know the exact grain of the wood, the stain. A second lasted an eternity, and he was prepared to give up. She didn't want him there, he told himself, and why would she? She had been abused in the most awful way, and then examined clinically. He couldn't blame her for being done with people in general.

And then, just when he was about to give up and wait downstairs for the police, a voice called out. "James?" His head snapped up in recognition. A response. That had to be good, right? She pushed open the door. "I....tea sounds....nice." She was standing there, in the well lit room that had been a selling feature of the apartement, the deceptively cheerful sun filtered in through the ancient window pane. It lit a woman in too big clothes that didn't belong to her, looking small and scared. And for all the world like she needed to be protected. Saved. The bright golden light glowing behind her in the window seemed to soften her edges a little, make her ethereal.

"Your tea," he said softly. And he knew in that moment why men fought wars for women. Although she wasn't someone he would ever go for - he preferred the high profile low commitment relationships where he could make public appearances but not necessarily take the women home - she was someone whom he felt compelled to help.

"The police should be here soon," he said apologetically, unfortunately faced with the responsibility of carrying out the reality of the situations aftermath. It wasn't a position he relished, but it was one he would take seriously. "I'm afraid they're going to ask some horribly personal questions. I'll give my statement." He hesitated, unsure. "Should we call Charles?" He knew she had originally not wanted him there, but now that some time had passed she might have changed her mind.

<b><i>Erik</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 10-23-2016 at 04:37 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [25]

Cara Blaze Andovea

Breath, just breath. It was a line she had had to tell herself over and over again while she had been examed, it had been on a loop since she had fallen in a heap at the park and it would no doubt be the echo inside her head when she was talking to the police but right now....it seemed like the hardest thing she would ever have to do.

Cara stood behind the wooden door feeling her hands shaking once again along with the rest of her body. It almost seemed like it was out of control like she was a puppet and someone else was pulling the strings.

It was only when she heard a knock on the door, a soft voice calling that once cord seemed to sever letting her reach out and let the owner of the voice in even as her own failed.

"Your tea," Jame's voice stated filling the silence that had settled over the room. "The police should be here soon,"

Nodding Cara made her way back to the bed, not trusting the lacking strength in her legs.

"I'm afraid they're going to ask some horribly personal questions. I'll give my statement."

Another nod before forcing herself to find her voice and whisper:
"Thank you"

As for questions, personal or not....she was no stranger to it even though Calvin had found....nicer...ways of asking them.

"Should we call Charles?"

At this her head snapped up, everything about her stilling for a couple of seconds before starting up again making her grateful that she hadn't taken the cup of tea yet.

"I...I don't know. I...i would like for all this to be over before I talk to him, t...the police and all. I...I don't know what to tell him, how to tell him."

But that wasn't her biggest fear.

"I'm so scared he won't be able to handle it, that he'll leave me or that..." now this was the hardest of them all to face. "...That he won't even answer my call."