The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Grand Stage Productions The Paris Opera House The Eighteenth District
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Rosey_Posey | Gender: Daughter of Eve | Posts: 227 | Roses: 10
Old 06-20-2015 at 07:12 AM
RaminxRamen
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [201]

Melody Pond

"You'll be safe here," she heard Tabby-Cat mumble softly. She gave a warm but cautious smile. Hopefully, Tabby-Cat... Who knows if they would find her here in Paris, or if they had finally given up the search, but perhaps some of the magic of this Sanctuary could protect her. Protect us.. She realized, not only was she in danger, but potentially anyone who came in contact with her. Thinking like that made her feel like a time bomb or a grenade, her heart ticking down the seconds until doomsday.

"Do you need anything? I mean, do you need to get your things from~um~wherever? I mean..." Tabby-Cat's voice pulled her out of her dark thoughts that threatened to consume her. "Huh?..." She asked absentmindedly as he shook his head, frustrated. "Oh, um, sorry love! What was that?" "If you need something to sleep in, I've got things. Whatever you want, Melody." He seemed to reply. "Sleep in...? Oh!" Her eyes went wide and she looked down at herself, face shifting into a look of tired confusion. "Oh, well I had forgotten about PJs..." Melody mused her options, on the one hand, she could always sleep naked tonight, and on the other, she could wear Tabby-Cat's pajamas. Honestly, she didn't know which sounded more appealing, though she was unsure how well she'd sleep with all this gunk drifting heavily through her mind. Perhaps borrowing some PJs would be best, just in case she has a nightmare and Tabby-Cat tried to help. I doubt he'd want to see me in all my unclothed glory... She sighed at the funny thought and smiled at Tabby-Cat. "I think I better borrow some pajamas for tonight, though I don't know if I can promise when you'll get them back." She giggled lightheartedly, the action making her curly mane bounce gently as if each lock were giggling themselves.

"I'm glad you like the room." He said, almost solemnly. "Like it? I love it, Tabby-Cat!" She beamed at him. "Of course I do!" She giggled again, starting towards the closet door. She paused in the frame, looking back at him. "Shall we explore your den for some night clothes, Tabby-Cat?"

OOC: MAMA'S BACK BABY! >:D i missed this X3 BIC:

RaminxRamen's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 06-20-2015 at 08:16 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [202]

OOC: Hooray! Hurrah! RPing miracles CAN happen! Wheeee! BIC:

Easy "Cat" Tanner

As they held each other, it had seemed to the youth that there was a feeling of desperation from both of them, as if they needed this embrace and the assurance that being in Sanctuary could protect them. Again, he found himself uncertain as to whether the place was a cage~a prison even~or a safe haven. When they had parted, he had awkwardly suggested that she might need something to wear, thinking that perhaps he shouldn't sleep as he usually did: "buck nekkid" as Chance referred to it. The thought made him blush, which didn't help him avoid stammering over what he should and shouldn't say. As to his suspicions about the room...

"Like it? I love it, Tabby-Cat! Of course I do!" Her smile and the giggles made her seem like someone much younger, quite girlish, and he wondered about her age. He knew that he himself looked and acted younger than he was, just as some people who were very young could seem so mature.

Mature?! You sure aren't that!

"Shall we explore your den for some night clothes, Tabby-Cat?"

"Well, I~um~don't have anything like that." He had to admit that much. "But, sometimes... Well..." He then motioned for her to follow him, exiting "her" room to walk past his and open the door to Iah's room, switching on the light for the first time in~well~longer than he could recall. Once more, he felt traitorous, as if defiling a shrine. Now, where had he come up with that notion?! He thought it might have been from one of the many movies he had been watching, many of them fleeing from his mind when he forgot to pay attention. Shaking off that train of thought, he smiled shyly at Melody and explained, "This was m-my other friend's room." He went to the closet, expecting her to follow. There taking up only part of the available space were several caftans of various materials, colors and decorations. The one Iah had given him was tucked away in a drawer in his own room, and sometimes he did wear it. He recalled the other rooms, taking Evea Perry there for something that had not happened. They had worn caftans then, and everything had been cool~not overheated as they had expected. Why should anything happen now? He could verify how comfortable the garments were, whether cotton, linen or other. "They're~um~sorta one size fits all, so you should be OK. And, tomorrow, if you need to get stuff... Well, I can ask somebody to get a van or somethin' so you can." In that way, his connection to Jamil Mehmet and his network of servants or whatever they were did come in handy. Call the number provided, and~Voila! (one of the few French words he was sure of)~it would be done, like genies from the lamp~or maybe a bunch of lamps since it might get really crowded with just one. He stifled the giggle that image brought to mind.

"Will they be OK?" he asked, hoping for a positive response once more. Just because he liked the garments did not mean that just anyone would feel the same way. Maybe he should wear one while he had company, he decided, since a midnight run to the bathroom could be very embarrassing. Once more, the giggle tried to get out, but he cleared his throat instead.

OOC: The image is just one example of that style. You may use your imagination for what Melz would like. *smile* BIC:

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2015 at 08:44 AM
RaminxRamen
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [203]

Melody Pond

"Well, I~um~don't have anything like that. But, sometimes... Well..." He went past her, motioning for her to follow. He led her out of her new room and down to 'curtain number two'. He opened the door and found the light switch with ease, flicking on the light to show a bedroom just as luxurious as the other in its own rite. "This was m-my other friend's room." He was obviously shaken from having to stir so many ghosts, so to speak. Melody gave him a concerned look as he started for the closet. This one, too, was partially filled with clothing. She peeked in, seeing that these were not gowns but caftans. There were all sorts of fabrics, patterns, and colors glinting at her within the closet.

"They're~um~sorta one size fits all, so you should be OK. And, tomorrow, if you need to get stuff... Well, I can ask somebody to get a van or somethin' so you can." Tabby-Cat said as she began looking through the caftans. "Will they be OK?" "Oh yes." She chirped, withdrawing a white cotton caftan with gold embelishments. "This'll do nicely Tabby-Cat! Don't worry about having to get a mover or anything, I'm sure I can manage a few things over here myself." Melody smiled and kissed him gently on the cheek. "Thank you, Tabby-Cat, really."

Old 06-23-2015 at 12:16 PM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [204]

Easy "Cat" Tanner

To his offering of a garment for the night, he was pleased to hear her say, "Oh yes" as she selected a white-and-gold one that was like the ones he and Iah used to wear, rather than one of the extravagantly designed ones. "This'll do nicely Tabby-Cat!"

Of his other concern about gathering her belongings, she assured him, "Don't worry about having to get a mover or anything, I'm sure I can manage a few things over here myself." Smiling, she kissed him on the cheek, bringing an echoing smile to his lips. "Thank you, Tabby-Cat, really." That made him blush, tucking chin to chest as he gave in to bashfulness. It took some getting used to: physical contact without what generally was expected. Once more, he felt that she was a mixture of best buddy, confidante or even~well~a sister. He had never thought of what having a sibling would be like and realized that things might have been different for him from the start if he had had someone like this woman~at least what he had experienced so far. It was a relief that he could show signs of not expecting every relationship to end up in bed.

Lydia, he remembered. She was sorta like this. An older woman, she had been someone he placed trust in till his lifestyle had caused a barrier between them. Unless he changed, he was not allowed into her life, not after her baby had been born. Thoughts of her brought a rush of guilt as he realized that he had not been conscientious about keeping up with his journals, the diaries in which he had written in far too much detail about himself. He remembered allowing Lydia to read what he had written about himself and Lilith and how she had said it would make a story people would want to read. But, how could a person do that: expose such intimate details to the world? Did writers do this? Then, he couldn't imagine becoming one of them. Maybe someday he should make a bonfire of them. Someday...

"So~um~Melody, you hungry? Maybe coffee or~well~cocoa~whatever? If you want to maybe wash up and change..." He took her by the hand and led her back down the hall toward her room. Not far away was the upstairs bathroom, with its array of choices. It seemed that, no matter how crowded the house might become, there would be very little waiting for~What was that word he had learned?~amenities. Was that the right word? It sounded a lot more polite than others he heard tossed around. He wondered why he still felt off-balance but supposed it wasn't unusual given the newness of their relationship. Melody likely had been through this hundreds of times in her life, making more friends than he had ever dreamed of because she seemed so open and friendly.

Tonight, he felt certain that he would sleep and not be wandering around the house till he finally collapsed~which had happened far too many nights.

Old 10-22-2015 at 05:16 AM
RaminxRamen
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [205]

OOC: guess who's back, back again, Rosey's back, tell a friend! BIC:

Melody Pond

At Melody's kiss, Tabby-Cat tucked his chin, blushing. The action was absolutely adorable on him, such a childlike quality. Though he seemed to be a quirky mix of suave street smarts and childlike tendencies, as far as Melody had seen, and seemed to keep a lot hidden, rather well at that. Stop analyzing! Melz had to chide herself as she slipped into one of her oldest habits. She giggled happily at Tabby-Cat's display of bashfulness, "Awwww!" She playfully nudged his chin up with her hand, "Careful, I might die of cute-overload before I've even officially moved in!" She giggled again, her curls and shoulders bouncing quickly to the beat of her laugh.

"So~um~Melody, you hungry? Maybe coffee or~well~cocoa~whatever? If you want to maybe wash up and change..." Tabby-Cat said, not quite seeming to shake the bashfulness. What an odd request to visit the kitchen twice, but maybe it's just his nerves? Melody hoped she wasn't being too intrusive. "I think I'll go ahead and get out of these tighter clothes and into the kaftan. It's probably loads more comfy!" Melody smiled brightly at him as she made her way past Tabby and towards the door to the hall. "I hope you don't mind if I pop into the other room to change for a sec. I'll be right back, then we can make cocoa and hang out, mmkay?" She giggled a little awkwardly and turned to cross into her new abode across the hall.

Gingerly she shut the door to her room behind her as she entered, not wanting to make too much noise. Happily she found it shut with a muffled thud. She crossed to the four-post bed and draped the white and gold kaftan across the bedspread, admiring it's simple beauty. After a moment, though, the silence was cut with her sigh, a frown turning down the corners of her rosebud lips. Man do I feel like a loafer. I'm a professional mooch, way to go Melz! "Maybe I can do something for him, something to show my appreciation..." She mused to herself. With another sigh she shrugged and began to strip.

Melody had left her heels in the parlor earlier, she supposed she would retrieve them later. She peeled off her jeans and sapphire silky top and tossed them into a small heap in the corner. "I'll... pick that up tomorrow..." With a sigh of relief she tossed her bra over next. Melody picked up the kaftan off of the bed, hesitating for a moment to feel the fabric before sliding it over her body. "This feels even better than I expected!" She giggled to herself.

Melody crossed to a floor length mirror, taking the look in. She turned and posed, admiring herself from all angles before giving a low wolf whistle. "I look comfy AND good!" Melody laughed at herself, covering her mouth with a hand so she wouldn't alarm Tabby-Cat with the loud sound while gently holding her belly with the other. Her slender frame shook with the trembles of the held-back laugh, sending her already wild curls back to their bouncing.

When she had composed herself again she happily made her way back to the door, practically skipping. "Tabby-Cat! I'm dooone!" She called, opening the door.

Old 12-09-2015 at 08:49 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [206]

OOC: I'm back! The PC is behaving itself~sort of. BIC:

Easy "Cat" Tanner

As soon as Melody departed, Easy hurried to his room, bare feet barely touching the chilled stone floor as he made it in record time, his fingers nimbly unfastening his clothes, practically shedding them in transit. Exhilarated, his heart racing, he tossed his clothing to land wherever it may then slid open a drawer to extricate the white caftan with touches of gold embroidery that Iah Raksha had given to him that first night that seemed so long ago~a tent in a Paris park.

As he shook out the linen garment then shimmied into it, the memory of that time made him smile without the bittersweet quality that usually came with it.

Someday, he mused, they would come back~Iah and Lilith. He had to concentrate on that. Now that he was no longer alone in this sprawling house, his world had become brighter, more tolerable. He refused to wonder how long Melody would stay and fiercely promised not to "crash" when she decided to leave. Perhaps it was his clinginess that was part of the reason people did not stay in his life, yet he did not know how to rid himself of that needy quality.

Snapping back into the "now", he grabbed a sticky note, scribbled a word~KITCHEN~then hurried back to the study door, where he left it at eye level before racing down the hall, descending the stairs at a breakneck pace, not stopping till he reached his destination. Only then did he bring himself to a halt, wondering how long it might take before his heart quieted. It would not do to have his guest find him collapsed on the floor, which was in the realm of likelihood since he still was not taking care of himself. The embarrassing memory of fainting at Le Cat-Corner while in the presence of a handsome, charming young man who happened to be a doctor lingered too clearly. And, he found himself once more cringing at the memory of that lecture about his eating habits~or lack of. Instead of getting acquainted, he had had a meal ordered for him. Though he had missed his opportunity to chat with the doctor, he had met a girl who shared his problem with food~something both could do without. Maybe he could do better if he had company. Maybe he could break that habit without altering his appearance. After all, in Paris, his looks did not appear to be what anyone wanted, not like back home. So, did he want to change himself, truly find a new "look"? If he could manage it, would the changed Cat draw more attention?

Giving his head a shake, the ebony tresses in even more disarray, he immediately regretted doing that as a wave of dizziness swept through him. What was it he had planned?

Cocoa! he recalled, beginning to go through cabinets till he found the boxes he recalled seeing. Raspberry cocoa seemed intriguing, but would she prefer orange? He started the teakettle after giving it a lift and shake, recalling the times he had let a kettle burn dry. How many of them had the magical Mehmet men replaced? Finally, someone had selected a beautiful one~silver, with a dragon's head as the spout~that shrilled loudly enough to get through even his distracted attention. Hoping that he would be ready before his guest arrived, he set out a tray, cups and saucers, a bemused smile touching his lips as he studied the designs that had drawn him to them.

Maybe he should look for other cat-things in this city of surprises. The thought of exploring the odd little shops to be found appealed to him, and he wondered how long this impulse would last. After all, his fascination with photography had faded, and his latest journal had only a few pages filled with his awkward handwriting~part cursive but mainly printed letters that looked like a grade-schooler's~at a very early level. He admired others' handwriting, but he could never capture that quality.

It was then he noticed how brightly lit the kitchen was and tracked down the panel that allowed him to reduce the illumination. He hoped this wasn't a sign that another headache was on its way. Perhaps the cocoa would help prevent that, as he had found that chocolate sometimes headed off a migraine though others said that the sweet brought that condition. Just like you, Cat~bein' contrary! Jamil Mehmet had applied that word to him and to Rafe Chancery, and Easy was certain that he did not want to share anything with Chance though life had forced the two of them together too often.

The dragon was beginning to breathe steam in preparation for announcing that water was boiling, so he abandoned tray preparations to stand by the stove. Someone somewhere had said the sound indicated when to switch off the flame so as not to splash scalding water when pouring. So, why did his brain keep that tidbit while ignoring far more important things~such as French words? All this time in Paris, and he could barely pronounce a few simple ones~not even phrases. Was it like this for every English-speaker? Or, was he the exception because he spoke such lousy English?!

Suddenly, he was back to going through the cabinets, wondering what went with cocoa, promising himself he wouldn't ignore the dragon when it called to him.

Old 08-21-2016 at 12:46 AM
RaminxRamen
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [207]

OOC: ah my darling Myst! so sorry to keep you waiting, you know how military life is. Well, i've come into newfound spare time that I plan to dedcate to writing so as to ward off madness. <3 BIC:

Melody Pond

Melody gave herself one last glance-over in the mirror before strutting over to the door. She hesitated, delicately lifting a hand to trace her fingers down the wood of the door. It's so beautiful here, she mused to herself, suddenly becoming a bit more conscious of where she fit in all of this. She took a breath to steel herself and gingerly opened the lavish door and peeked her head out with a bemused smile. "Ooooh, Taaaaabbyyyyy!" She called quietly.

She frowned lightly and tilted her head, confused, when he didn't appear. She straightened and entered the hallway fully, casting curious glances up and down either part of the hall. "Hmm, curious." She walked to the room she had received Tabby Cat's gift of the caftan. She poked her head in with a quick "Gotcha!" and a large smile. She frowned once more at the empty space, furrowing her brow.

"Where ever has he gone to?" She wondered to herself as she went back into the hall, tracing a finger on the walls as she walked it's length to his door. She knocked gently. "Tabby Cat? You in there?" She waited for a moment, ear to the door as she listened for any sign of him. "I'm coming in, okay?" Gently, she opened the door and quickly glanced around. After deciding he wasn't to be found in there, she closed the door softly, feeling a little guilty for invadng his space.

She continued down the hall until she reached the study, on the door was a note in what must be Tabby Cat's messy scrawl "KITCHEN". She gave a little smile, bemused. "Okay, you're in the kitchen then." She glanced down the hall where she had come. "I just hope I remember how to get there." With a low chuckle to herself she started back down the hall.

After some time, and a few twists and turns, she managed to trace their way back to the kitchen. She peeked in, knocking lightly to sound her prescence. "Found you, Tabby Cat," she said gently, smiling a crooked grin as her blue eyes twinkled in the low light.