Name: Anne | Gender: Female | Posts: 0 | Roses: 10
Old 05-23-2017 at 03:46 PM
Domino
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Hi!  Post [1]

Greetings fellow phans, I hope there are still active users here, I couldn't find any other active PotO-forums and I do hope to chat with other people who are also obsessed with the beautiful piece of work Leroux created. I'm rather new to this fandom, I watched the musical in February and fell so much in love with it, that I went to watch it again the very next day (and flew to London last weekend just to watch it a third time, front row, yay).
I have an unhealthy passion for Erik, especially Leroux- and Kay-Erik, and hope that you can recommend me some good fanworks (fanfiction, fanart, comics etc) that are not musical-based. I've already read a bunch of awesome fanfics, but I'm starting to run out of good material.

Hope I'll have a great time here with you!
Domino's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 05-23-2017 at 03:56 PM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

Hello and welcome to the site.
I am one of the more active members always popping in and out and am mostly found on the role-playing side of things (this maybe something you'd like to look into)
I have never seen the musical in real life and really have only watched the 2004 version though have seen a few others.

If you have any questions please feel free to either ask here or P.M me. Everyone here is super friendly and always happy to lend a hand.

Hope to see you around.

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 05-24-2017 at 08:51 PM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

Hello and welcome! I'm James, one of the moderators here. There aren't too many active members nowadays, but those of us who are still here try to keep it going. Great to see someone who's enthusiastic about Leroux's novel as well as the musical.

Have fun posting; and feel free to PM me if you have any questions or comments, or if you want to chat!

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Mary | Gender: female | Posts: 18 | Roses: 10
Old 06-02-2017 at 08:37 PM
MarySkater
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

Hi. There's a huge amount of fanfiction on this site:
https://www.fanfiction.net/
To try to get it down to what you are looking for:
Click "Books"
Click "P"
Click "Phantom of the Opera."
At this point, you still have about 11,000 on offer! So next, click the "Filters" button above the start of the list. Where it says "world," you can select "book" - eliminating stories based on the movie or musical. While in filters, you probably want to select the language as English (it's an international site) and the status as "complete," so you don't fall into an unfinished serial. You can also select type of story, main character(s), rating etc.

How well this works depends on how accurately the authors listed their stories. Also, you have no idea of the quality, which varies wildly. Some stories have reviews, which may help a little, but be warned that some reviews contain spoilers. (Personal plug: I have a few stories on there, in the name MarySkater, but most of mine tend towards the musical rather than the book.)

Happy browsing!
MarySkater's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote