Old 02-23-2016 at 09:01 PM
MarySkater
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Hello from Scotland  Post [1]

Hi all.

My name is Mary, I'm British, and I've been a Phantom fan for a lot of years. My favourite telling of the tale is the ALW stage show, but let's not forget Gaston Leroux, without whom there would have been no story to discuss.

I'm still trying to find where all the Phantom people have gone since the old PhantomoftheOpera forum closed. (A disaster beyone imagination...)

I had some problems getting on here; when I first joined, the site wouldn't let me post. I had to send PMs to the staff to get it sorted, so if there are any new members with the same problem, do try that. The board will allow personal messages, even when it won't allow posts. My thanks to IamErik771 and Raoul de Chagny for sorting it out.

Commercial break! I have written a Phantom novel, which you can find on Amazon: "An Unexpected Kindness," by Mary Webster. However, it hasn't sold many copies, and I'd really like a wider readership, so I'm currently posting it on FanFiction.net, under my usual internet name MarySkater. You can read it there free.

I hope we can find a few things to chat about here.

Mary
MarySkater's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 02-24-2016 at 02:59 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Performing Onstage
(Performer Is Online)
 Post [2]

Hello and welcome to the site.
While it is quite I AM STILL HERE popping in and out hoping to see some life.
New members HAVE to be approved by staff before they can post so I'm glade that it was sorted out for you but please feel free to P.M me with any questions you may have.
Anyways, my names Natalia but everyone call me Witch and I have been a member of this forum for years now. I am mostly known around the role playing side of the forum as I LOVED to write and hope to see you there since you seem to be a fellow master of the quill.

I hope to see you round.

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 02-24-2016 at 04:32 AM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Performing Onstage
(Performer Is Online)
 Post [3]

Hello and welcome, Mary! Sorry there were so many issues in getting you able to post; but I think you're set now! And if you have any questions or concerns, or if you want to chat, you're always welcome to PM me. Happy posting!

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Mary | Gender: female | Posts: 18 | Roses: 10
Old 02-25-2016 at 08:20 PM
MarySkater
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

Quote:
Originally Posted by witch View Post
New members HAVE to be approved by staff before they can post

Yes, I quite understand that, or you'd get flooded with spam adverts. My problem was, when I signed up I don't recall getting any information about how to become "approved." I filled in my details, read the forum for a bit. Then when I tried to post I met the brick wall. Some forums send out a confirmatory e-mail where you have to click a link to confirm membership. Some have a "tell us a little about yourself" system, to prove it's a real person with a real interest. I feel that what happened to me - "You're not approved so you can't post" - with no information about how to become approved, could easily put off prospective new members.

Sorry I'm not into role playing. I do write, although I don't know that I'd rate "master of the quill." But I'll see if I can find something to post that might interest people.

It's nice to be here at last.

Mary

Old 02-26-2016 at 02:53 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Performing Onstage
(Performer Is Online)
 Post [5]

I understand your confusion and it would be an idea to have a message pop up saying that new new members need to get approved by staff before they can post.
In the past i have gotten a few p.m's from new members asking for help in this matter and though I am all to happy to help I think we need a way to make it a little clearer.
I hope to see you around and hope that the forum becomes a little more active. I've formed some great memories and friendships here.

Cartch you.

Name: Laurasia | Gender: female | Age: 19 | Posts: 38 | Roses: 10
Old 03-28-2016 at 05:00 AM
VampirePotato
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6]

I remember you from the old site, I loved your fanfics. Unfortunately I lost mine but oh well, they're still in my head.

I'm under your spell...

VampirePotato's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2016 at 12:57 PM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Performing Onstage
(Performer Is Online)
 Post [7]

Laurasia: Are you talking about me (wondering since I was the last person who wrote)
If so please refresh my memory.

Either way hope to see you round. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE SOME LIFE.

Name: Mary | Gender: female | Posts: 18 | Roses: 10
Old 03-28-2016 at 07:39 PM
MarySkater
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8]

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampirePotato View Post
I remember you from the old site, I loved your fanfics. Unfortunately I lost mine but oh well, they're still in my head.
Hi Laurasia,

If you meant me, most of my fanfics are now posted on FanFiction.Net. (Still under the name MarySkater. When you say you lost yours, do you mean that you had some stories posted on the old site, but you didn't have backups on your own computer? (Or even on paper?) That's too bad - it must be very frustrating. I wish we'd had a little more warning that the site was going to close.

I've been a bit busy lately, but still hoping to find something interesting to post about on here. See you around!

Mary

Name: Ashley | Gender: Goddess of Song | Age: 27 | Posts: 76 | Roses: 10
Old 05-16-2016 at 05:37 AM
Christine_Daae
Wandering Child
~Flattering Child~

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9]

Hey MarySkater, I remember you from the old forum as well (I was Miss.Christine.Daae).... Shame that place is gone. *Shakes head* Welcome to Phantom's Opera, though; hope to see you around!

~Signature By Me~
Christine_Daae's Profile Send Private Message Christine_Daae's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote