Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 12-12-2011 at 04:20 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Kids Questions  Post [1]

This has been something I've asked myself ever since Cara gave birth to Skyla. How many 'kids' do we have in our RP threads here?

Skyla and her brother could use some friends and I'm sure the other kids could to. So if your characters have any could you please list them and how old they are?

P.S
Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Super Samness | Gender: Wonder Woman | Age: 26 | Posts: 3,913 | Roses: 50
Old 12-12-2011 at 04:40 AM
Erik
Opera Manager
House Patron
Killer Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

I actually don't know how many kids there are in the opera house. To the best of my knowledge it's at the discretion of the RPers to play children, and they are all god-modded by the parents -- that is to say, character's children are treated as NPC (non player characters) and are generally kinda like props. Their actions and any words are dictated or described by the ones who are RPing their creators. If they're at a certain age, as of yet undetermined, but talking walking and forming thoughts that could be posted in general, an official profile should be set up and they should be treated as a legitimate character -- but a child under five, say, could not realistically be played as a character. I think Hollie had a character in the single digits once, Cassander, which worked for her. We can definitely start a moderator discussion and create rules for these instances if we are seeing a need for it.

There are complications that come along with role playing children in general; staying in character within the limits of the age, for instance. Also if your child character was older and being played in tandem with your other characters, you could not for example have a scene between Jean and Polaris (father and son) and another character because of the Character Guidelines and RP Guidelines. There would be no point. It would be RPing with yourself, and most likely double posting, which is not allowed.

Hopefully this is answering some RP questions for you, if it's not clear keep asking questions. :)

If you just want to set up "play-dates" with other RP parents, then by all means mention it in the OOC Thread!

<b><i>Erik</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 12-12-2011 at 05:01 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

Okay thanks Skyla and I think most others I know of so far are under five and therefore mostly popping up from time to time with their parents.

I was just wondering because at some point I was thinking that as Skyla got older I would turn her into a character.

On another RP site of mine we did have the older characters and then their children on another one. Worked out alright.

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote