Name: Kiki | Gender: southern girl | Posts: 278 | Roses: 10
Old 07-04-2010 at 04:07 AM
Karo Kiba
Wandering Child
I am the crazy girl...lallala

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11] »

I'm in a production of Sound of Music. I love my company, but I'm not so fond of that play. It's a good play and all, but I have found I couldn't connect to my character in this play like I did in my first play that I did with this theatre company. In my first play with them I was Martha Corey in the Crucible. Now, I'm a nun in Sound of Music.

Why not forget about being normal and live for him?
Karo Kiba's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 07-04-2010 at 06:30 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12] »

A nun. That's fun. Ensamble roles are always a lot harder to get into character wise. Take it from me. I've rowed the ensamble boat many-a-time. What always helps me is to give yourself a name, history. Ask your character questions ("Why did you become a nun?" "What your views on reincarnation? Do you like pickles with your sandwich?") and your character will come to you. don't create it. Let it create itself and then take the reins and don't let go. Hope that helped.

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Sarah | Gender: Genderfluid. | Age: 27 | Posts: 1,031 | Roses: 10
Old 07-04-2010 at 03:40 PM
xXphantomaddictedXx
Wandering Child
Dial A For Alan.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13] »

The closest I ever came to auditioning for something was when I tried to get into my college's choir, but that didn't go very well because I still haven't learned to read music. How pathetic is that? Three years of voice lessons and I still can't read music! Oh, well.

There are many bodies of water in this world;

Yet none would quench my thirst for you.
xXphantomaddictedXx's Profile Send Private Message xXphantomaddictedXx's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Cassie | Gender: Señorita | Posts: 4,083 | Roses: 185
Old 07-04-2010 at 04:23 PM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14] »

Ah, acting. I miss it so much!!! I was deeply involved with my school's theater department this year. Which was great (all things considered), except that it was my senior year. :( To major in acting at my university, you have to audition and there is no way I'd get past the second round of auditioning... Given that my university has produced some pretty big name actors.... But there iis an improv club (I'm so there!), a student run group (already making plans), and the ability to minor in theater (which is the only other way to get into mainstage shows). I've only been acting for two years and I love it.

As for the singing and reading music thing... I can read music at it's most basic, but it takes me a while. I'm so out of practice... I haven't had to read music in three or four years! I'll probably try to pick the skill back up someday, but until then I have rely on my ability to sing-by-ear. I'm exceptionally good at that, for some reason, and can pick up songs easily. *shrug* I just hope that the auditions I do don't call for skills I don't have.
Mrs Nadir Khan's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2010 at 08:28 PM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15] »

Hello! Cassie! Me! I can teach you! That's why mom and dad gave you an awesome little sister to teach you musica!!!

Anyways, can I just point out that I'm in denver and I love it!! It's so beautiful here. We went to the museum of nature and science yesterday and I saw a whale! A real life dead fin whale!! I cried.
And today we are going to the aquarium, right, cassie? Noticing a theme here, are we? Damn, it's so beautiful here.

masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Super Samness | Gender: Wonder Woman | Age: 26 | Posts: 3,913 | Roses: 50
Old 07-05-2010 at 01:02 PM
Erik
Opera Manager
House Patron
Killer Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16] »

Still on vacay but would like to point out to Chrissy that not only do I have a picture of a whale shaped cloud from weeks ago to show you, but I thought of you in SeaWorld yesterday when I saw Shamu etc! <3

<b><i>Erik</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 07-05-2010 at 04:52 PM
xXphantomaddictedXx
Wandering Child
Dial A For Alan.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17] »

I just realized how ironic things are going to be this week. I just returned from an overnight trip to San José, but next Sunday I'm going on an overnight trip to Lake Tahoe! It's how my family chose to celebrate Father's Day this year, and the reason we're doing it so late is because some family members were busy and/or out of town when it was really Father's Day. And before you all ask, no, I'm not going to gamble because I'm only twenty.

xXphantomaddictedXx's Profile Send Private Message xXphantomaddictedXx's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Cassie | Gender: Señorita | Posts: 4,083 | Roses: 185
Old 07-05-2010 at 06:25 PM
Mrs Nadir Khan
Wandering Child
House Patron
Slave to my Inspiration

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [18] »

I am now the proud owner of a stingray!! Well, he's a stuffed animal stingray, actually. He's green with bright blue spots and I can't pick a name for him. Does anyone have any suggestions?

The Denver Aquarium was fanntastic!! I got to pet and feed stingrays (real ones). We saw sea turtles, sharks (lots of 'em), and a tiger (yeah. They have four Sumatran tigers. At the aquarium. It's kinda weird.) My sister's the one who's IN LOVE with marine animals, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Almost as much as I enjoyed the Museum of Nature and Science.

Has anyone heard of a display called "Body Worlds"? For those who don't know, it's a controversial scientific exhibition. They have real people (deceased, of course) on display-- bones, muscles, organs... You name it. A lot of people thought it was creepy or strange, but I thought it was beautiful. Not to get religious or metaphysical on y'all, but it was a moving and powerful experience for me-- reminded me just how amazing the human body is.

Of course, at the museum, we also saw two mummies (I'm an Eygptophile, so that was cool) and several dinos (Stegasaurous, Allosaurous, Plaeosaur, and some others I can't spell). It was a blast!!

I'll let my sister tell y'all about the zoo that we're hitting up today. She's doing the posting count contest or whatever and I might's well let her win. ;)
Mrs Nadir Khan's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2010 at 03:04 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [19] »

Thanks, Cass.

Today we went to the zoo. We saw my second favourite animal, the hippo. We also saw more chipmunks than we have seen in our lifetimes. I fed Laurekeets (and got bitten), and we got to pet an opposum named Clark. That was awesome, man! Going to zoos reminds me of the importance of maintaining our environment and protecting our wildlife. OH! We also saved just over 180 square feet of rainforest. That made me feel awesome.

The Lions were freakin' adorable and the elephant waved at me. I also saw a tapir up close and got to pet a tortise. He was sweet. I also saw three aye-ayes. I think only the Denver zoo has them. Did you know that some people in Madagascar think that looking into and Aye-aye's eyes will cause death? Who knew?

All in all, it was fun and much more organized and bigger than the zoo back at home.

oh, before I go...

THANKS SAM!!!! I LOVE YOU!!! Whales are my world, and you just made my world go round. Thanks!!!

Old 07-06-2010 at 03:47 PM
xXphantomaddictedXx
Wandering Child
Dial A For Alan.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [20] »

Is it totally weird that I want to see 'Beezus and Ramona' being that I'm twenty and all? I mean, I read and liked the book when I was younger, so naturally I'd like to see if the filmed version is any good.

I also want to see 'Beastly', which is kind of a crossover between POTO and Beauty and the Beast. The only downside is that Vanessa Hudgens is in it, but that shoudn't be too much of a problem if the movie is good!