Name: Sharon | Gender: Female | Posts: 100 | Roses: 10
Old 02-01-2010 at 12:37 AM
Edith
Wandering Child
The Phantom's Lover

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Does anyone on TPO...?  Post [1] Ľ

Knowing that everyone here likes The Phantom of the Opera, I was just thinking... does anyone on here have an artistic background (or practise anything now)? Be it dancing, singing, acting from any age till now? Anyone used to do anything? I was just curious--watching ALW's version and seeing Meg Giry I just thought "Hey... wonder if anyone on TPO has done this stuff."

I know I have been dancing Tap and Jazz since I was 6 or 7 (don't remember) and I've performed once at the Eissey Theatre here in florida along with some other groups from a dance school called Char Mar. For some crazy reason I decided to start lyrical and ballet now as well as Hip Hop.
I got 2 singing solos but both were for my school so I don't think it's major at all. I've also done a Jazz solo (sing and dance) for my school's talent show--again nothing as exciting as Char Mar. But none of these are really something to be highlighted for--at least in my book. Many people are much better than me! Go reconise them not me!
Edith's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kiki | Gender: southern girl | Posts: 278 | Roses: 10
Old 02-01-2010 at 01:22 AM
Karo Kiba
Wandering Child
I am the crazy girl...lallala

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] Ľ

I'm a violinist and I did dance in a musical once!

Why not forget about being normal and live for him?
Karo Kiba's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 02-01-2010 at 01:24 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] Ľ

I have been dancing since I was TWO! I love love love it! It has been a close obsession and when my dance teacher suggested that my knees were too bad to do Pointe I had to cope with not being able to do my favorite part of Ballet training. But I still dance Modern, Ballet, tap and Jazz. I love tap and I really love choreography. Oh my goodness don't get me started! I love to work with music...like ummm any song I really just start thinking about movements that would work with the music. It's so much fun! On the bus I start tapping my feet...especially when I was listening to Andrea Bocelli's CD and Josh Groban's Awake I was all I need a dance room!! Especially since my tapping mood was all sky rocketing and I had listened to the song Machine and I'm Yours (Jason Marz)...It was like a happy spree!

I have been singing since I could take, but I'm finally taking one on one classes and I LOVE IT! I have a teacher at school and one locally! The new reverend for the local Baptist church is very effective. He makes me log my singing, diet, wake-up/sleep time, and everything in between about my day. It really does work. He's very strict, but very good.

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 02-01-2010 at 01:32 AM
The Countess
Wandering Child
I will not give up my own self...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] Ľ

I'm trained classical singer of about 3 years. I began taking real lessons in 6th grade, but I've taken singing seriously since I began to get into Phantom. Of course, I always wanted to be a pop star when I was little, but needless to say, my aspirations have shifted drastically. Iím a soprano with a 4 octave range. I have a very big, powerful, and hard-to-manage voice. I continue with my lessons and I hope to improve. Singing is my first love. I have a lovely and experienced teacher who is also, thankfully, the music teacher at my high school.

Iíve always loved to act as well, being the ďdramaticĒ one of my large family all my life. Iíve been involved in theatre and summer camps of the same nature since I was 7. Acting is my favorite part of performing. You can show off your voice all you want, but the raw emotion comes from the deep feelings of the character youíre portraying. Iíve always felt through my theatre career that Iíve had a natural quirk for this type of art, but Iíve only recently discovered my true love for it. Iím taking a Basic Acting class in school this year but Iím proud to say that Iíll probably be moving up to Advanced Acting next year (only freshman to do so, thank you very much ;) ). My acting teacher, who is also head director of our acclaimed theatre department, is a genius. Though who know me know that I wouldnít use that word lightly either! She truly is a visionary and a priceless gem. I have a feeling that sheíll turn me into a damned good actress to boot!

As for dancing, I canít say that Iím quite accomplished with that aspect of theatre! Iím in a womanís performance group (WPG) at my school and Iíve been picking up tricks here and there but not to the pace that Iím used to. I find that Iím extremely fluid with my movements (thank you loose joints!) but I lack accuracy and balance. With more practice, I think I could pull off modern or lyric, but until I get proper training, I canít say that Iím the fabulous dancer that I would like to be.

I definitely aspire to perform professionally and I feel very content with my level as of now and even more so that I have 3 Ĺ plus years until college to improve. Theatre, drama, and singing is my life, even more so than Phantom of the Opera. I feel like it was what I was born to do.

Good God, doesn't it sound like I like to brag?
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010 at 01:45 AM
Edith
Wandering Child
The Phantom's Lover

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5] Ľ

Wow I really aren't alone. I mean maybe I haven't been able to aford every class I want but at least in dancing and acting (kinda)! I feel bad for you, Hidden silk, that was always my favorite part of ballet as well. So far no one with piano or guitar on me? But luck you, Karo Kiba! Playing a violin is one of my all time DREAMS but I can't afford a violin or classes at the moment. Man this sucks.

And don't worry none of you are bragging--well yes but thats what this threads for! ;p

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 02-01-2010 at 01:58 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6] Ľ

Psh, it's okay. I enjoy choreography more than anything. It's amazing because I'm probably one of the only musical theater majors that actually can work with the dance majors.

I really an blessed to work with people who actually worked in the professional fields that I'm aiming and with this school, I have connections! It's wonderful to see the dedication that these teachers put into their everyday lives and towards the students benefit. it's such a shame to see some of these kids try to cheat their system.

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2010 at 02:07 AM
Edith
Wandering Child
The Phantom's Lover

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7] Ľ

I've seen people do choteography--looks fun! Unfortunately, as I said, I probably can't start anything new with this crisis after my dance recital on June 6th. well besides what my school has to offer (which seems to be good. My school is not an art school but people graduation from middle school have gotten into highschools for arts of all kinds.). Which means I have nothing but piano, and guitar to do. Unless I find cheap but good classes.

It's very greatful that teachers would work so hard for the students, it is. But when the students to work hard enough for the teachers who put so much effort for so many days, I feel bad. They got together these classes for a reason and probably worked harder than any of those people ever will. It's such a shame, I agree. But unfortunately there are people in this life like that.

Name: Jennifer | Gender: Female | Age: 27 | Posts: 481 | Roses: 10
Old 02-08-2010 at 06:32 PM
angelgirl
Wandering Child
Nobody's Home.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8] Ľ

I've sung Karaoke a few times, but nothing bigger than Choir.

I used to take Piano, until I had to quit. Now I play for fun.

I've acted in about 7 school and/or community plays.
A.G.

Thanks to the wonderful Tiannaangel for my sig!
angelgirl's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2010 at 12:54 AM
Edith
Wandering Child
The Phantom's Lover

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9] Ľ

I just got piano lessons all thanks to my school. I'm currently begging my teacher to help me play Think of Me and help me sing to it (as I said: I have the vocals and everything just.. not a lovely voice ^^'). But noo, basics first. lol I took basics long ago.

Anyways... My friend is trying to get me into choir. I see quite a few of you people are taking some sort of singing seriously. I sing for fun in my quiet little room or for a school play (but I get in through acting or luck so) is choir really worth it? I'm quite nervous but mostly I doubt it. It's a school choir ya know? I'm not sure if its worth the while.

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,059 | Roses: 235
Old 02-09-2010 at 04:45 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10] Ľ

I was in chorus from seventh grade through high school. In high school, I was in the madrigal group, too, and we went to state, taking second place, as I recall. Also, I was in three musicals~"Brigadoon", "South Pacific" and "Goldilocks"~in which I sang and did some dancing though I've never received training in the latter. I did take ballroom dancing while in college.

Since childhood, I appeared in a number of plays, including several presented by our church group (long, long ago).

I studied organ for many years, working my way up to a double keyboard organ, one of the biggies with all of those foot pedals. I was considered quite good, in that my teacher finally said that she could not teach me anymore than I knew. However, there were no other teachers in the area who could take me to the next level. Sadly, when I had to leave college in the early '70s when illness in the family drained our funds, I had to work in a factory, where I developed severe Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I no longer could play the organ because the pain was truly crippling.

For many years, I searched for another instrument that I could play, trying guitar, Irish penny whistle, and even the bodhran (Celtic drum). Then, I encountered the bowed psaltery at Bristol Renaissance Faire in Wisconsin and fell in love at first try. While I'm now guilty of not practicing regularly, at one point, other players I met at various events said I was the best player they had encountered, which helped give me so much confidence, as I'm a very shy person. I've had one "paying gig" but have played at many events. I was invited to be a strolling musician at Bristol, but there are so many rules that it ruins the fun; so, I declined so that I could wear what garb (costume) I prefer and play the songs I love. There will be a fur trade era event in mid-March, so I plan to practice and see how much of my playlist I recall; at one time, I knew 500 songs by heart, including ballads/folk songs, ethnic melodies, Sixties songs, Christmas carols, etc.

When I go to faires and other reenactment events, I sing along as part of the audience, but I'm too cowardly to sing on my own, not trusting my voice enough due to problems with asthma. When my friend and I traveled to events, we would sing just about non-stop there and back! It was so much fun, but we haven't gotten to go to an event for many years now.

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote