Old 11-29-2009 at 07:21 PM
Lady of Music
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
The Phantomess  Post [1]

Hello everyone!
Well as one or two of you may know me and a friend are working on our own Phantom musical with our own twist. It is called 'The Phantomess', big surprise what the main twist is. Right now we're in the middle or writing the first copy of the script for it, then casting and music. We're trying to find a middle ground between musically making it but keeping to the original. One thing I have to know, since me and my friend our unsure, should we put the Persian in it so he is like he is in the original if you will? Another thing is full face deformity or the half face?
Thanks for reading, and wish us luck, cause boy are we going to need it lol!
Yours Elphie

I'm a Dwarf and I am digging a hole
Diggy diggy diggy
I'm digging a hole
Lady of Music's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kiki | Gender: southern girl | Posts: 278 | Roses: 10
Old 11-29-2009 at 07:41 PM
Karo Kiba
Wandering Child
I am the crazy girl...lallala

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

I think you should put the persian in it! But there is one problem with making the deformity cover his entire face: it could impede the actor's ability to sing. It also hides some of their facial expressions.

Why not forget about being normal and live for him?
Karo Kiba's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Elphie | Gender: female | Age: 24 | Posts: 210 | Roses: 10
Old 11-29-2009 at 07:52 PM
Lady of Music
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

lol yea that's wat i was thinking, an I am the one who'd have to wear it (yea I've been cast as the Phantomess lol, an the female manager) so we're trying to agree on a middle point. As for the Persian I think he'd be great, but my mates only seen the 2004, an is only now readin the original so have to wait an see what she thinks, lol

Diggy diggy diggy
I'm digging a hole

Name: Kiki | Gender: southern girl | Posts: 278 | Roses: 10
Old 11-29-2009 at 08:14 PM
Karo Kiba
Wandering Child
I am the crazy girl...lallala

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

Who is doing all the composing and arranging?

Why not forget about being normal and live for him?
Karo Kiba's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2009 at 08:18 PM
Lady of Music
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

erm, no one yet. We're working with songs that we know which gives the right feeling that we want, then when the first drafts done we're goin to see if we can get someone to help us with the music, lol

Diggy diggy diggy
I'm digging a hole

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 11-30-2009 at 11:20 AM
The Countess
Wandering Child
I will not give up my own self...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6]

It's important to do your research before you start a major project like this. Get everyone who's on board to read the original, watch the stage show (I know you can watch it online somewhere), and as many movies as you can. This way, your work will be more original.

I don't mean to critique or be a nag, but don't you think that it would have been wiser to write the actual score before casting? Realisticaly, if it turns out that the music is too difficult for a certain individual in the cast, then you have to spend unneeded time replacing them. My advice is to focus on the actual music and script and then once you have that perfect, you can dive into the fun stuff.

Writing, producing, and performing is not an easy thing to do. Good luck and keep us updated!
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2009 at 05:18 PM
Lady of Music
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7]

lol, yeah you'd think that but.... We're working out how we are goin to get the music done, wheather live or recorded, if ya get me. Also we both agreed that if we cast first we can do the music to their level, and only if that either takes up too much time or they are either unconfident or something then we change who they play. As for getting them to see and read as many variatians as they can we'll work on that when we come to it.

Trust me you dont sound like a nag or critic, if anything I am touched you've thought about it so much, and all advice you have is hugely appreciated!

As for writing, producing and performing, yeah it's tricky but it's three times as fun as doing one!

Thanks, and if anything happens you'll know!

Diggy diggy diggy
I'm digging a hole

Name: Aviana | Gender: Ange de Musique | Posts: 98 | Roses: 10
Old 11-30-2009 at 06:43 PM
Soprano Rose
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8]

I think he Persian would be interesting, but I'm not sure about the full-face deformity. It would be really cool if it was well-done, but it would affect the actor's performance. Will your musical include characters from the original such as Mamma Valerius and La Sorelli? And will Madame Giry be a box keeper or the ballet mistress? This sounds like an interesting project, and I encourage you to go forward with it. As Viktoria mentioned, do your research first, that way it will be more original. Anyway, have fun!
Soprano Rose's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2009 at 06:49 PM
Lady of Music
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9]

Yeah, I think we're deffinately having the Persian in it, but not the full face deformity for the obvious reasons. As for the other original characters, I am sorry to say they probably wont make it in to it. Though I am not certain I think Madam Giry will be the ballet mistress just to be fair to who ever gets casted as her in case they don't know the original that well.

Thanks for the encouragment, as far as I know it should be done in say a year or so, though I'll keep you posted through out. :)

Diggy diggy diggy
I'm digging a hole

Name: Brittany | Gender: Female | Posts: 5 | Roses: 10
Old 12-13-2009 at 02:19 AM
Phantomangel
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10]

Well first of all Definately Kudos to you for even thinking of trying something that daring. The idea is creative, and I like how you've take that initiative!! I don't know if you should keep the Persian, he's an important person in the late Phantom, because he tells of his dark past, however it would be really cool if you could twist him too, like find someone, I don't know, even RELATED to Erik, that could change a lot of different things.

~You alone can make my song take flight, help me make the music of the night~
Phantomangel's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote