The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Grand Stage Productions The Paris Opera House The Eighteenth District
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 25 | Posts: 4,279 | Roses: 0
Old 10-31-2008 at 06:50 AM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [21]

Calvin Booth

Calvin hadn't ksised a girl since Taressa. It was an odd feeling. Yet at the same time it was strangely familiar. He felt like a man who had been wandering through the desert for years and couldn't recall the taste of water utnilt the liquid filled his mouth.. and then it felt familiar... like a distant memroy. Yet Calvin was hesitant as he leaned in to kiss her. He could hear a voice in the back of his head telling him not to... that it was wrong to kiss her when a good part of him was sure that he could never love her.. yet another part of him was so desperate to find solace from the fact that Rebecca would never be his. As he hesitateed images of Jean and Rebecca together, they way they looked at each other... and it made his stomch tie up in knots.. givng him the motiivation to move forward and press his lips lightly to hers. He pulled away once and then, becoming bolder kissed her again. He coud feel her hesitancy at first and then slowly... but cautiously she began to respond and he was grateful for that for he doubted that if she hadn't he was sure that he would not have kept kissing her that.. he would suggested she go home... for he was sure that it woudl've been to akward for her and him if she stayed after they'd kissed like this.

She pulled away and he coudl see the confusion and fear iin her eyes and he wished he oculd unsterstand. What was so confusing about his? They'd shared a kiss.. nothing more.. nothing less and yet he understood... at the same time he couldn't help but thinking how her expression mirroed his own. He was alos confused at what their realtionship was turning into.. or if it was turning into anything. He was afraid of getting hurt.. afraid of allowing his heart to be given to someone else.. but most of all he was afraid of letting go.. letting go of the hopes that one day Rebecca may realize his feelings for her.. and that she may come to accept him. But he knew the odds of that were slim.. and he didn't know what else to do. He knew it was wrong to try and love someone who he knew he proably woudn't eve be able to but he was also sure he could convince himself that he was in love wtih her if he had the will to do so. Again images of Rebecca and Jean came into his mind and he closed his eyes.. trying to block them out but they only became clearer.. and cut him much more deeply. He opened his eyes and bit hi lip as he gazed at her.. wondering what she was thinking.

"I'm sorry, its just.... I can't afford to get hurt again and..." She said sighing and he nodded, understnaidn exactly what she was saying but at the smae time it helped him feel better about what he was feeling... yet he was sure that hers was a different kind of reluctance. "I'm... I'm just so confused.... besides, it's about time that I get going," she said and he nodded and stood up walking over to the dvd player he ejected the movie and put it back in the case.. nayting to distract him. He held the case in his hands, gazing down at it as he thought about what he should say. He set the case on the shelf and stood there for a moment his back to her and then he slowly turned to face her. "I understand..."he said simply as he walked over to wear she sat and gazed down at her. Biting his lip he repeated again. "I understand..." without thinking he caressed her cheek lightly and then nodded toward the door. "Go whenever you're ready.." he muttered and then left her to sitting on the couch where he walked back into hsi room and closed the door.. thinking how foolish he'd been to try and lose himself in someoen else when his heart was no longer his to give.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kristen | Gender: Female | Age: 25 | Posts: 1,518 | Roses: 39
Old 11-03-2008 at 02:59 AM
inside your mind15
Wandering Child
Nerds rule the world.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [22]

Julietta Antoinette
"I understand..." without thinking he caressed her cheek lightly and then nodded toward the door. "Go whenever you're ready.." He said, getting up, heading towards his room and then shutting the door behind him. Julietta sat in complete silence. She was torn between getting out of there or going to his door... and whatever happened next. She could decide, and a tear streaked down her face. This was a chance, a chance at being happy, a chance of knowing someone. Would she take it? She would be a fool not to, she thought. But what would he do if she came in? It was a risk she had to take, for her happiness' sake. She slowly made her way towards his door, stopping before entering, taking a breath, sure that he would order her out now, but she needed to find out for herself. She opened the door and sat down next to him on his bed, which felt a bit awkward but she knew it was necessary. She looked into his eyes," I have to take this chance," was all that she whispered, gently placing her hand on his face bringing it closer to hers, if he wanted it to go any further he would instigate it, but if not, she understood.

"Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live

without and know we cannot live within."
Made by Cassie!
I'm available anytime to RP, just PM me!
inside your mind15's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 11-03-2008 at 03:45 AM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [23]

Calvin Booth

Calvin left Julietta sitting on the couch and he walked back to his room, shutting the door behind him. He walked right to his closet and reached up to the top shelf and pulled down a box. It was a normal shoe box and he'd had it since he'd been seven. It was decortad with pictures of used to be famous baseball players... a hot wheels logo... a couple cartoon stickers and a picture of a robot from a comic book that he used to read. He'd had it even when he'd been in the army and the onlly time it hadn't been with him had been when he'd been held prisoner in Iraq. He opened the lid and set it on the desk as he sat down on the edge of the bed. He dug through it.. moving aside a baseball that he and David used to use to play catch... and old hat with NY embroidered on it in dark blue outlined in white. He held the cap for a moment before he set it on the desk along with the baseball and then he found it... a red velvet box. He opened the box and gazed on the gold diamond ring. It had been the ring he had intended to give to Taressa but she'd said no before he could even show it to her. He traced the diamond that glimmered in the light with his fingertips and then slowly he put it back in the box along with the hat and the baseball.

It was at that moment that the door was opened and he quickly set the box on the desk and stood up, turning his gaze to the doorway tos ee Julietta standing there. His heart raced as he gazed at her and the fear in her green eyes was evident and he felt his features soften as he gazed her. At the same time he coudn't deny the fact that he was just as afraid as her. Afraid of allowing himself to fall in love with her... afraid of allowing his heart to be broken again. As she walekd towards him he sat back down on the bed and she sat beside him. He stared at the wll for a moment before he brought himself to look at her and he saw a look of determination on her features now... a look that hadn't been ther ea moment before. HIs heart jumped into his throat and he tried to swallow but couldn't as his whole mouth went completely dry. "I have to take this chance," she whispered and he only nodded as he continued to gaze at her... not sure of what to do... should he kiss her again.. or should he leave the room liek he so desperately wanted to? Yet he felt that it was rediculous... why should he leave when she'd come back here to try it as he'd wanted to earlier.

She rested a hand on his face and he covere her hand that rested against his cheek continueing to look at her. She brought his face closer to hers and thens topped and he knew that she wanted him to either continue or stop. He sat there for a long moment, hesitant in what to do and then he let his insticts guide him and before he could grasp what he was doing he'd lifted his other hand to her face and slowly moved forward... pressing his lips lightly to hers. His lips moved agianst hers. Slowly and gently he lowered her back against the bed and cradled her body carefully against his. He could feel her msucles quivering beneath his touch and he pulled away.. gazing down at her. "It's alright... we don't have to do this... if you don't want to..." he muttered, his fingers caressing her cheek as he before but this time with the back of his hand. "please don't be afraid Julietta... I don't want to make you do anything you don't want to do..." he told her wtih sincerity. He laid down beside her, supporting himself on his elbow so he could be slightly closer to her. He kissed her lightly once more on the mouth and then watched her in silence... if she wanted to continue then she would be the one to do it.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating

Old 11-03-2008 at 08:56 PM
inside your mind15
Wandering Child
Nerds rule the world.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [24]

Julietta Antoinette

He felt his hand on her face and then his lips against hers, he leaned her against him, and she felt secure and safe, for once in her life secure and safe in his arms. But yet when he touched her, her body shivered underneath his. She was afraid, but she knew what she wanted, what she really truly wanted.
"It's alright... we don't have to do this... if you don't want to..." He said, gently stroking her porcelain cheek with the back of his hand. It soothed her, everything about Calvin soothed her, made her feel safe and warm. Made her want to... to love again.
"Please don't be afraid Julietta... I don't want to make you do anything you don't want to do..." He said, being the amazing person that he was. He propped himself up on his elbow, kissing her lightly on the mouth. She smiled, and she felt happy, happier than she'd been in a long time. She kissed him lightly, sitting up to whisper in his ear," You're a real sweetheart, ya know that?" She said with a impish smile, wrapping her arms around him, wanting him to hold her.

Made by Cassie!

Old 11-03-2008 at 10:45 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [25]

Calvin Booth

All he wanted to do was please her. Make her feel as if she was loved and important. That had always been his goal with the women he dated and, or made love to. Taress had teasingly called him a dog once. Claiming he was foolishly loyal and devoted to her which he'd palyed off and said that he just chose to act like that because he loved her so much... but he realized.. when she turned him down.. refused to spend her life with him... givng him the opportunity to love her and protect her... only then did he realize that what she'd said was true. He had been hopelessly and foolishly devoted to her. It was only when she'd given his heart back to him.. broken and shredded... that he understood what she'd meant... because even in the midst of his pain.. he still loved her and wanted to make her happy... which was what most angered him. Yet now, cradling Julietting against him he felt the familiar and overwhelming sense to protect her from ever being hurt agian.. it was a feeling he felt with all the women he became close to and he wasn't surprised that he felt this way about her... but there was somethuing more.. something that he coulnd't place... that he was afraiad to dive into and figure out...

He told her that they didn't have to do anything that she didn't want to do. He didn't want her to feel like she had to sleep wtih him or anything like this. They'd both loved and lost. It was something that they had in common... and he could empathize with her over the fear that was so evident in her green eyes. He'd told Rebecca of his loss... poured out his heart to her over the whole thing and yet as he gazed at Julietta he could see his feelings on the mattered mirrored in her eyes... it was on such a personal level that they'd found a common bond and though he wasn't sure how far their relationship go.. or if he could ever love her... he felt relieved someone finally understood him to some degree. Yet he couldn't help thinking more about it. Then it hit him. He was attracted to Julietta so strong because she had done what Taressa had done in a sense.. she'd left a man who could've offered her a home... love... and safety and she'd left.. pregnant... for reasons that he hadn't pryed into. He wondered if Julietta and Taressa shared similar motives and he planned on questioning her aobut it later.. but not tonight.. now was not the time for such personal inquiries.

She smiled when he assured her that they didn't have to anything. He couldnt' help but smile as well.. partly relieved that she was just as afraid as he was about taking such a big step. She kisesed him lightly on the mouth he returned her kiss tenderly. They pulled away and he coudlnt' help but smile once more as she pressed her lips to his ear and he closed his eyes... it had been a long time since he'd had any kind of contact like this with a women. You're a real sweetheart, ya know that?" she told him and he chuckled softly as he gazed at her, sitting up as well and wrapping his arms around her as she wrapped hers around him. He laughed softly again and glanced at the window that was streaked with rain and he was sure it wouldnt' be safe for her to walk back to Opera House in this kind of weather. He turned back to her and still smiling held her close. "You haven't seen me in the mornings yet..." he teased her lightly, pressing his forehead agianst hers and holding her body close. He leaned back against the pillows of his bed with her still in his arms and gazed at her. "Tell me something Jullietta... a secret that no one else could possibly know... and I'll try to do the same..." he told her with a slight smile... hoping to leanr more about her as he held her so close to him.

Old 11-04-2008 at 02:58 AM
inside your mind15
Wandering Child
Nerds rule the world.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [26]

Julietta Antoinette

"Tell me something Jullietta... a secret that no one else could possibly know... and I'll try to do the same..." He said, trying to know more about her. She had so many things hidden so deep, could she pry them out without the pain that went with them? Her visage changed, though still smiling, it was a melancholy one. " Well, I might as well tell you now," She said sighing, meeting his gaze again." I.... was raped about a year ago, before I met Damitrius." She said with finality," And with my luck, we had another chance meeting in which I barely got out alive... my best friend saved me thank goodness," She said, pulling down the sweater enough where he could see the scar, permanently etched on her fragile, porcelain skin." Gunshot to the shoulder... and it could've been my heart. My friend got me to a doctor in just enough time," She said, looking at him for a reaction." No one knows about it besides you and my friend Alexander, the one who saved me," She said.

Made by Cassie!

Old 11-04-2008 at 04:10 AM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [27]

Calvin Booth

He gazed at her for a long moment... hoping that by learning more about her it would help his feelings for her become stronger then he was predicting they would. He didn't understand why but he was not in love with Julietta... the fraglie emotion did not even cross his mind when he looked at her. He held Julietta in the highest regard yes but he knew for a fact that he could not.. and would not.. look her directly in the eye and tell her without feeling guilty... that he loved her. He'd been able to do it with Taressa... and he knew for a fact... though he also knew that it was wrong... that if the time ever came... he could do it with Rebecca... but with Julietta it was different.. and he hoped that eventually his feelings woudl blossom and grow in time.. but he coudlnt' help but think.. what if they didn't... what if Rebecca married Jean and his desperation he did something rash.. something that he would regret his whole life... just like he regretted now not building up the courage to ask Rebecca out on a date.. she'd been the only girl he'd been afraid of asking.. and now.. he wished with all his heart that he could go back in time and change that... but he knew that he couldn't.. and he knew that he couldn't stand around and wiat forever.. so he had to do something.... and he'd chosen to try and move on.. and date other people.

He asked her to tell him a secret... something that no one else knew... he just hoped that whatever she told him wouldn't cause her to much pain as anything that he told her would cause him pain... she smiled... but it wasn't a pleasant or sweet smile... it had a trace of sadness and melancholy and he wondered what she was about to tell him taht meritted a look of such sarrow.. it was obvious whatever it was.. it was very personal and he braced himself as he always did when ever he was interogating someone and they were going to tell him some sort of confession that involved a lot of emotion. He took her hand and waited patiently for her to tell him what it was... listening and ready. "Well, I might as well tell you now," She said sighing, meeting his gaze again and he squeezed her hadn encouragingly... hoping she would tell him... that she would feel comforted by the gesutre. " I.... was raped about a year ago, before I met Damitrius." She said with finality and he nodded, he'd heard it before... and all he could do was be there for her... there was nothign that could be done... from the sound of it.. the guy wasn't even around anymore. " And with my luck, we had another chance meeting in which I barely got out alive... my best friend saved me thank goodness," She said, pulling down the sweater enough where he could see the scar, permanently etched on her fragile, porcelain skin. He likfted his hand and traced the indent of the wound with his fingertips and then gazed at her.. still he said nothing. " Gunshot to the shoulder... and it could've been my heart. My friend got me to a doctor in just enough time," She said, looking at him for a reaction and he only gazed back at her.. his eyes tender and caring.. hoping she could see that he really did care. " No one knows about it besides you and my friend Alexander, the one who saved me," He brought her hand to his lips and he smiled slightly before he kissed her fingers softly. "Thank you for telling me Julietta..." he said soflty, then turned his gaze away.. trying to work up the courage to tell her a secret of his own.. something that no one knew.. no one.. except Rebecca.

He got up off the bed and walked ot the closet. Pulling open the door he pulled out a navy blue army uniform.. it hadn't been the one he'd worn out in the field.. but it was the one he'd got to keep.. the one he'd wore to all eight of his friends funerals.. the eight men that had died when they'd all be held prisoner in Iraq... and he'd been the only one to survive.. but barely. He laid the uniform on the bed and held up the sleeve.. showing her a small patch that read honorable recognition on it with a picture of in eage with wings spread wide... he let her look at for a mment longer before he turned it so he could gaze down at her without catching her eye. "I was the only one that recieved this award.." he began softly, his figners tracing the patch for a moment before he turned his gaze to the window. His hands gripped the fabric tightly and his knuckles turned white becuase of how tihgt his hands were clenchd but he was oblivious to that. "I was the only one becuase the eight other men who deserved it had been killed.. and I should've been kileld with them... but I.. I lived... "he shook his head.. even now he still didnt' understand... why God had spared him.. and not his friends.. who had girfrineds, fiances, wives, children, and parents wiaitng for them.. and he'd had no one... no one that was waiting for news of his safe return fromt eh enemy camp.

He closed his eyes and sighed as he continued. "We spent a total of five weeks, two days, and ten hours in the prison cell.. I didn't know that until I got out and did the math... my last comrade died only two hours before I was rescued..." he trailed off as he was sucked into the memory and slowly without thinking, he bent down and removed his socks. He sat down on the edge of the bed and lifted his feet on the bed, revealing the manged scarred soles of his feet. "They devised different ways to torture.. wanting imforamtion but we never gave them anything so they just became more gruesome with what they did..." he smiled wryly and let his fingers run along the the mangled flesh of his feet. "They took a mallet... and hit the bottom of my feet until the bones were shattered... then they took a carving knife.. and peeled the skin away.. strip by strip.. until I couldn't even talk becuase my voice was so hoarse.. they left me for dead.. and eighteen hours later... I was found.. I'd wrapped my feet in a shirt that I pulled off one of the dead soldiers... but I..." he shook his head. "I shoudl've died with the rest of them.. I was close... but for whatever reason I was saved.. I was the only one.. who had nothing to come back to Julietta..." his voiced died off as he was overcome with emotion and he turned his gaze to the ground.. unable to meet her gaze... he hated looking people in the eyes.. he felt so vulnerable.

Old 11-05-2008 at 12:41 AM
inside your mind15
Wandering Child
Nerds rule the world.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [28]

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelofthenight View Post
Calvin Booth

He gazed at her for a long moment... hoping that by learning more about her it would help his feelings for her become stronger then he was predicting they would. He didn't understand why but he was not in love with Julietta... the fraglie emotion did not even cross his mind when he looked at her. He held Julietta in the highest regard yes but he knew for a fact that he could not.. and would not.. look her directly in the eye and tell her without feeling guilty... that he loved her. He'd been able to do it with Taressa... and he knew for a fact... though he also knew that it was wrong... that if the time ever came... he could do it with Rebecca... but with Julietta it was different.. and he hoped that eventually his feelings woudl blossom and grow in time.. but he coudlnt' help but think.. what if they didn't... what if Rebecca married Jean and his desperation he did something rash.. something that he would regret his whole life... just like he regretted now not building up the courage to ask Rebecca out on a date.. she'd been the only girl he'd been afraid of asking.. and now.. he wished with all his heart that he could go back in time and change that... but he knew that he couldn't.. and he knew that he couldn't stand around and wiat forever.. so he had to do something.... and he'd chosen to try and move on.. and date other people.

He asked her to tell him a secret... something that no one else knew... he just hoped that whatever she told him wouldn't cause her to much pain as anything that he told her would cause him pain... she smiled... but it wasn't a pleasant or sweet smile... it had a trace of sadness and melancholy and he wondered what she was about to tell him taht meritted a look of such sarrow.. it was obvious whatever it was.. it was very personal and he braced himself as he always did when ever he was interogating someone and they were going to tell him some sort of confession that involved a lot of emotion. He took her hand and waited patiently for her to tell him what it was... listening and ready. "Well, I might as well tell you now," She said sighing, meeting his gaze again and he squeezed her hadn encouragingly... hoping she would tell him... that she would feel comforted by the gesutre. " I.... was raped about a year ago, before I met Damitrius." She said with finality and he nodded, he'd heard it before... and all he could do was be there for her... there was nothign that could be done... from the sound of it.. the guy wasn't even around anymore. " And with my luck, we had another chance meeting in which I barely got out alive... my best friend saved me thank goodness," She said, pulling down the sweater enough where he could see the scar, permanently etched on her fragile, porcelain skin. He likfted his hand and traced the indent of the wound with his fingertips and then gazed at her.. still he said nothing. " Gunshot to the shoulder... and it could've been my heart. My friend got me to a doctor in just enough time," She said, looking at him for a reaction and he only gazed back at her.. his eyes tender and caring.. hoping she could see that he really did care. " No one knows about it besides you and my friend Alexander, the one who saved me," He brought her hand to his lips and he smiled slightly before he kissed her fingers softly. "Thank you for telling me Julietta..." he said soflty, then turned his gaze away.. trying to work up the courage to tell her a secret of his own.. something that no one knew.. no one.. except Rebecca.

He got up off the bed and walked ot the closet. Pulling open the door he pulled out a navy blue army uniform.. it hadn't been the one he'd worn out in the field.. but it was the one he'd got to keep.. the one he'd wore to all eight of his friends funerals.. the eight men that had died when they'd all be held prisoner in Iraq... and he'd been the only one to survive.. but barely. He laid the uniform on the bed and held up the sleeve.. showing her a small patch that read honorable recognition on it with a picture of in eage with wings spread wide... he let her look at for a mment longer before he turned it so he could gaze down at her without catching her eye. "I was the only one that recieved this award.." he began softly, his figners tracing the patch for a moment before he turned his gaze to the window. His hands gripped the fabric tightly and his knuckles turned white becuase of how tihgt his hands were clenchd but he was oblivious to that. "I was the only one becuase the eight other men who deserved it had been killed.. and I should've been kileld with them... but I.. I lived... "he shook his head.. even now he still didnt' understand... why God had spared him.. and not his friends.. who had girfrineds, fiances, wives, children, and parents wiaitng for them.. and he'd had no one... no one that was waiting for news of his safe return fromt eh enemy camp.

He closed his eyes and sighed as he continued. "We spent a total of five weeks, two days, and ten hours in the prison cell.. I didn't know that until I got out and did the math... my last comrade died only two hours before I was rescued..." he trailed off as he was sucked into the memory and slowly without thinking, he bent down and removed his socks. He sat down on the edge of the bed and lifted his feet on the bed, revealing the manged scarred soles of his feet. "They devised different ways to torture.. wanting imforamtion but we never gave them anything so they just became more gruesome with what they did..." he smiled wryly and let his fingers run along the the mangled flesh of his feet. "They took a mallet... and hit the bottom of my feet until the bones were shattered... then they took a carving knife.. and peeled the skin away.. strip by strip.. until I couldn't even talk becuase my voice was so hoarse.. they left me for dead.. and eighteen hours later... I was found.. I'd wrapped my feet in a shirt that I pulled off one of the dead soldiers... but I..." he shook his head. "I shoudl've died with the rest of them.. I was close... but for whatever reason I was saved.. I was the only one.. who had nothing to come back to Julietta..." his voiced died off as he was overcome with emotion and he turned his gaze to the ground.. unable to meet her gaze... he hated looking people in the eyes.. he felt so vulnerable.
Julietta Antoinette

Julietta flinched when he touched her scar. The memory of the pain was so strong that she couldn't control it. It still hurt sometimes, though the pain came back less frequently than before. But the memory was ever ingrained in her mind, and it would haunt her forever, and it still even gave her dreadful nightmares which she would wake up with cold sweat and crying.

Julietta listened to his story, adding comforting squeezes to his hand in the appropriate places. She could imagine how painful this memory was for him and she had empathy towards him. He wouldn't look her in the eye and she knew that he felt feeble and vulnerable, and no one wants to feel that way. Though her mind kept straying to their relationship, and how it may or may not turn out. It still troubled her, but she pushed it away.

She didn't know how to comfort him, but she did wrap her one arm around his lower back, pulling him a little closer to her." I'm sorry Calvin," she said in a whisper, trying to bring him back to her and back to the present time. " Too long thinking about bad memories and should-haves aren't good for you... I know, I've been there," She said caressing his hand. She hesitated, then said," Calvin... whatever happens between us... I'll be there for you," She said, giving him a small smile, trying to give him hope. It was true, and when she gave her word she stood by it, and she prided herself on that fact. No matter where the future led them, as friends or more, she would be there, through everything, no matter what. She laid down on the bed, putting her hands behind her head. She hoped that she provided some comfort to him. She grabbed his hand and pulled him down beside her, kissing his cheek lightly with a smile." It'll be okay," She said, trying to comfort him, but it was half hearted. That statement was no comfort to her anymore. It seemed that she never was okay, and she could say that without a doubt. Her hope was fading, and she didn't know if she could keep that shred of hope anymore, because it was withering in her hands.

Made by Cassie!

Old 11-05-2008 at 04:52 AM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [29]

Calvin Booth

Eight funerals. Eight men who he'd known and been close to off and on for almost seven years. He'd been there and he'd talked with their wives, fiancees, famalies, friends and relatives about what great men they'd been... how he'd loved serving with them and that they'd died before their time. Calvin had been in a wheelchair at the time... unable to participate in the gun salute that was performed at each of the funerals but he had worn his uniform and he had sat right in the front... usually next to their parents and close family. He recalled how Jared and Camille had gone with him to every funeral though not known any of the men at all Calvin couldn't have ever expressed his gratitude for them and for their support. His eyes glazed over as he as the memories came rushing back.. what the preachers had said at each funeral... what he'd been thinking as each casket had been lowered into the ground.. the nightmares he'd had the following nights after each of the services. No one could understnad the pain he'd suffered by attending the funerals... he'd seen most of them die... heard the whimper and weep and beg for their lives before they were killed.. and all those memories had been reawakened... when he'd seen their caskets.

He felt Julietta's arm slide around him, bring him back from his memories to the present and finally he looked up at her... a distant and forlorn expression on his face. "I'm sorry Calvin," she muttered and her words might as well have fallen on deaf ears. He'd heard that so many times... so much so that he no longer believed that people wre sincere when they said them.. it was just something that people automatically said when soemone suffered some kind of loss... and coming from Julietta.. he couldn't tell either. "Too long thinking about bad memories and should-haves aren't good for you... I know, I've been there," She said caressing his hand. She hesitated and he loooked up at her, gazing at her and waiting for her to say something more. " Calvin... whatever happens between us... I'll be there for you," she told him and all he could do was nod and murmer soflty. "Thank you Julietta..." he muttered quietly, gazing down at her han that was still resting on his.. he didn't know what was going to happen with their relationship but he couldn't hellp but draw a little comfort from her words and he hoped that if their relationship ended that their would be no hard feelings over it.

She leaned back agianst the pillows, folding her arms behind her head and he looked down at her, wondering what she was thinking as she gazed at him with a slight smile on her face. She placed a kiss on his cheek and he managed a weak smile in return to her. "It'll be okay," she told him and he only sighed as he lifted his shoe box off the desk and smiled slightly, opening the lid. "I've had this since I was twelve... the therapist I went to encouraged me to keep it..." he told her as he removed the baseball and handed it to her. "It was the baseball from my first game that I scored a homerun..." he told her and then pulled out the red velvet box that contained the engagement ring he'd been intending to give to Taressa. He carefully opened the box and held it so they were both looking at it. "This was so supposed to be the ring I was going to give to the mother of my son... but I... I never got the chance to even show it to her... and I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it..." he told her as he rested the box in the palm of her hand and watched her carefully, waiting for her to say something that would dispell the silence that had settled between them.

Old 11-05-2008 at 07:47 PM
inside your mind15
Wandering Child
Nerds rule the world.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [30]

Julietta Antoinette

"Thank you Julietta..." Calvin said, looking at the her petite hand resting on his large one." Most welcome..." She said, trying to cheer him up, and knew that action was appreciated, but futile. She knew that it would be a long time before either of them didn't feel the sting of memory, maybe they would never evade it, but they could try, together they could try.
He placed a shoe box between them that Julietta had seen earlier, but hadn't really thought of until now.
"I've had this since I was twelve... the therapist I went to encouraged me to keep it..." Julietta nodded silently. He took out a weathered and battered baseball, handing it to her. She took it, smiling at it then at him, "It was the baseball from my first game that I scored a homerun..." He said, and she nodded. It was nice, to keep fond memories someplace special to look back on, especially during the bad times. She had never thought of it, but she might even start one of her own, God knows she needed a little bit of fond memories. He then pulled out a velvet box, opening it up to reveal a gorgeous engagement ring. "This was so supposed to be the ring I was going to give to the mother of my son... but I... I never got the chance to even show it to her... and I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it..." He said, and Julietta admired it, thinking back to when she too had a engagement ring somewhat like the one he was holding. She brushed those memories away quickly, but not before a tear escaped her eye. She could feel the sadness permeate the room, it hung in the air unspoken. " It's beautiful," she said, and couldn't believe he never got to even show it to his son's mother. How hard it was for both of them, in the same predicament. The were so alike on so many levels, but it wasn't enough and she knew it. There was something, or someone else that Calvin had been thinking about." The girl, the one you're thinking about, she means alot to you huh?" She said, knowing that he would be shocked that she knew, but Julietta was very... observant? If you could use that word. She wasn't mad at him or sad, more inquisitive maybe apathetic? Whatever the word she didn't care.

Made by Cassie!