The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Grand Stage Productions » The Paris Opera House » The Eighteenth District
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 04-07-2011 at 01:23 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [111] »

Cara Blaze Andovea

The questions were coming, Cara knew that Calvin had always been the one to ask the hard questions and not back down. It had often coursed Cara to get very upset but with the last load of question and the result that followed, hopefully Calvin had learnt since last time she doubted her husband would let him stay in one piece if he hadn't.

She listened as Calvin told her about the fact that his thought to be wife wasn't coming back but inwardly though Cara nodded she held onto the hope that someday she might, after all strange things did happen. Maybe she was just a sucker for love, but as Calvin changed the subject to her Cara also knew how hard love could be.

Were to start to answer, Cara thought it best to start at the beginning with Mark's leaving and tell her friend just how bad for her that had been. She was sure Calvin would understand, after all he had been there a few times before and was now there again. But when she placed her hands on her almost ready to burst belly and told him about the child within she couldn't help but note her friends somewhat taken back look.

"When did you find out?"

Okay, not the first thing she thought would pop out of his mouth but it was something she'd never forget. Just about to form the answer she was stopped by a new question shooting out of her friends mouth, she could somehow tell this would be a long night, after all a cop (even a ex cop) had a somewhat inbuilt list of questions.

"Cara..."

She waited.

"What does this mean for you?"

A few tears ran from Cara's eyes which she quickly whipped away and let out a long sigh.

"I don't know truthfully. I found out when Mark come back, he sat there by my hospital bed I didn't even believe it was him, I thought I was still dreaming. I asked him to prove he was back I couldn't take him leaving again and that's when Dementis told him, that's when Mark told me. Dementis knew the whole time."

Her eyes came up to her friend then.

"I fell so weak, so much more then when I was with Skyla I can hardly stay away and it doesn't help. I... I fell like there's something inside me that's ready to come out and I'm not talking about the baby. I hear voices in my head, the were whispers at first but now, it's almost like their screaming and the worst part my eyes have started to change colours."

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 25 | Posts: 4,279 | Roses: 0
Old 04-07-2011 at 06:44 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [112] »

Calvin Booth

Calvin didn't know where to begin. He had so many questions that starting at the beginning didn't even seem sufficient. He knew for a fact that Cara loved the woman she was married to but there things that Calvin just couldn't understand. Why would Cara put herself through this? Why would she not try to make a better life for herself and her daughter. He knew the answer and unfortunately he was trying very hard not to see it that way. He knew why she was doing it. It was the same reason that when he'd been imprisoned in Iraq he'd worked his hardest to protect the men that were held captive with him, even at the expense of his own comfort. Not that there had been much comfort for anyone. He had taken many beatings for his men. He had done his best to protect them and in the end he had been the only one to be taken out of the prison alive, barely but enough that he was able to recover to a degree. There were still scars, both mental and physical but he had long since move passed the things that he experience down in the darkness of the underground tomb. He'd told himself that it was for his country.. and if given the opportunity he would serve his country again.

Yet he felt a little differently about the whole thing now. With two kids that depended on him he wasn't so sure that he wanted to leave them for any extended period of time. He wanted to be around to see Parker grow up and tie his shoes without his father's help. He wanted to be there when Olivia took her first steps, said her first words, had her firs kiss.. the list went on and on. He knew that if he was called to serve again he would have a harder time with it. He knew that he could leave his children with someone like Cara and they would be okay. Though having Mark around made him nervous he would leave certain that his young friend would protect his children from her rather dangerous and unpredictable husband. He asked Cara when she first found out. It wasn't the first question he'd wanted to know the answer to but it was the first one that passed his lips. She seemed surprised that was the question that he had asked her first as well. Still he wanted an answer to it. "I don't know truthfully. I found out when Mark come back, he sat there by my hospital bed I didn't even believe it was him, I thought I was still dreaming. I asked him to prove he was back I couldn't take him leaving again and that's when Dementis told him, that's when Mark told me. Dementis knew the whole time." Calvin raised his eyebrows at her... everything seemed to be dramatic with Cara... in other circumstances Calvin might some sick amusement out of it.

But it was obvious that Cara's life was for the moment, in jeopardy. It seemed that the baby that she carried was draining the life out of her and there was nothing that Calvin could do about it. He sighed as he asked her what this would mean for the young girl. What effects would this pregnancy have on her? It was obvious that it was a detriment to the young girls health. "I fell so weak, so much more then when I was with Skyla I can hardly stay away and it doesn't help. I... I fell like there's something inside me that's ready to come out and I'm not talking about the baby. I hear voices in my head, the were whispers at first but now, it's almost like their screaming and the worst part my eyes have started to change colors." she explained and he peered into her eyes, proving to himself that shew as right. He wondered what Mark thought about all of this. He was probably watching his daughter now but Calvin wished that he could take Cara away from her husband and the demon that lived inside of him. He wasn't familiar with anything demonic and he knew that once Cara left he would have to do some research on the subject. He'd been raised Catholic. He knew about exorcisms and things like that but Calvin had always felt that to be a bit of a joke.

He folded his arms across his chest and gazed at her for a long moment. He was about to speak when he felt someone clamber into his lap and he looked down to see Parker snuggling up to him. "I had a bad dream..." he explained and Calvin wrapped an arm around him. He did not intent on changing the subject just because his son had joined them. "Hi Cara..." he said and then snuggled close to his father. It was obvious that it wouldn't be long before he fell asleep once more. He rubbed his sons back rhythmically as he spoke. "Have you been to a doctor Cara?" he was pretty certain he already knew the answer but he knew of a decent physician that he and Teressa had seen when she'd been pregnant... he was helpful and insightful and appreciated the opinion of the parents. "Perhaps you should go see a priest as well..." he suggested, knowing that was rather a touchy subject but Calvin hoped that maybe she would be open to the idea. If there was truly a demon inside Cara's husband it was possible that a man of God could help the couple... though hew as certain that Cara's husband would not be to keen on the idea he was interested to hear Cara's opinion.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 04-08-2011 at 02:03 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [113] »

Cara Blaze Andovea

Her nerves were shot and her body was shacking everything inside her was coming out and not the way she planned. She had hoped to talk to Mark about the way she was feeling, the changes but in truth she was scared of his answers what he'd do. She could feel the life draining out of her, would Dementis spend her life in order to save his child?

Calvin had asked about the changes she was feeling, they were the same as what Mark had told her when he had been forced to carry Dementis inside him. Would she change back to herself when she gave birth or would her worst dream come true would she be shearing her mind with someone else for the rest of her life, someone dark?

She had already told Calvin about the weakness, it was not something she could hide anymore. She told him about the voices inside her head, for if they got any louder she was sure he'd start to hear them to but her eyes...

As soon as she talked about her eyes Calvin could see the truth within them, they were not the dark brown blackness they had once been but almost tinged red that Cara knew would only get worse before it got better.

The silence that followed made Cara's heart run cold she almost wished her friend would yell at her, slap her not fold his arms and stare as if she was some sort of freak.

After awhile she could tell he had something more to say but the silence was cut by his words, instead it was a small voice seeming to come out of the shadows.

"I had a bad dream..."

Parker, the small little boy that Cara had come to love so much the one that the new voices inside her head told her to stay away from or kill him.

"Hi Cara..."

The two words cut her to the quick and she crumbled in on herself, holding herself back fighting a force that hadn't shown itself 'til now.

"Have you been to a doctor Cara?"

She simply shook her head, no she hadn't been to a doctor since she had gotten out of hospital.

"Perhaps you should go see a priest as well..."

Her eyes snapped up in a speed not her own an anger welled as she looked at him.

"You would have them kill me?" she questioned in a voice that was stone cold. "Don't you remember what happened to Mark? You would make me a shell after saving my life? Or don't you know the truth about Samson?"

Closing her eyes Cara shook her head hashing the voice inside.

"The only way to kill a demon is to kill the person it's living inside."

It was a brief run down of the truth but in all her research that's what it came down to.

Old 04-10-2011 at 05:12 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [114] »

Calvin Booth

Calvin was not familiar with this kind of thing. It wasn't like when he'd started working for the FBI they'd given him a crash course in how to handle people with demons inside of them. The thought almost made him want to laugh. He'd looked up Mark's history as far back as there were records. There were a lot of unanswered questions and after majoring in psychology in college he wondered if it was all in the man's head. He knew the mind to be a powerful thing. He'd read of and seen a lot of different accounts where people thought themselves better or were mentally able to persevere through pain and do something that by all rights and reasons they shouldn't have been able to do. There were such strange things as phantom limb syndrome where the individual still felt that a limb that had been removed either surgically or through some unfortunate disaster was still there. Often it was the sensation of pain in a limb that was no long there. Calvin had talked to people who suffered from horrible hallucinations... all a product of the mind. He wasn't about to suggest this to Cara of course. Not when it was so apparent that she believed it herself. He needed her to trust him, that was the first step to help both her and her husband.

When Parker came out claiming he couldn't sleep Calvin gathered his son into his arms and wrapped a protective arm around him. It wouldn't take long for him to fall back to sleep nestled so close to his father. He continued to speak with Parker in hushed voices, the last thing either of them needed to was to wake Olivia up. She wasn't hard to put down the first time but if she was awakened for whatever reason it took a good thirty minutes on average to get her to fall back to sleep. He asked her if she had seen a doctor recently and when she shook her head Calvin let out a sigh. When Teressa had been pregnant with Olivia she had gone to a doctor once a month, in the last three months she'd gone twice every month just make sure everything was okay with both her and the baby. Cara, from the looks of it desperately needed a doctor. Her skin was ashen and her lips seemed to be dry and cracked, almost like a person who hadn't drank water for a day or two and was in the advanced stages of dehydration. Her eyes looked weary, dark circles tinting the bags below them. She looked thinner then he remembered and he hoped that once she started showing she would fill out a little better.

Calvin had always been a religious man. Devoutly so. He was working to raise his children in the religion of his youth as well. It was what made of think of a priest. Perhaps, if she did believe that there was a demon inside her, she should go and see one and he could help her with what to do. The suggestion was made and he knew immediately, as far as Cara's was concerned it was the wrong one. Cara's eyes snapped up to him and the hair on the back of his neck stood on end as the young girl spoke in a voice that was not her own. "You would have them kill me?" she questioned in a voice that was stone cold. "Don't you remember what happened to Mark? You would make me a shell after saving my life? Or don't you know the truth about Samson?" she asked and Calvin simply gazed at the young girl for a long while. He could easily over power her, bind her and take her somewhere that she could not hurt his children. That was his concern at that moment was his little boy, who was thankfully sound asleep on his lap. Cara closed her eyes and shook her head then opening them again he saw the face of the young woman that he knew. Now what? "The only way to kill a demon is to kill the person it's living inside." she explained and Calvin wanted to laugh at the subject of their conversation. He supposed in a way he believed in demons but this was almost borderline ridiculous.

He couldn't show this to Cara. Instead he muttered something about putting Parker back to bed and got up leaving her sitting on the couch to stare after him. His mind was going a thousand miles a minute as he laid Parker back down his bed and tucked him in for a second time. He walked back to his study and rummaged through the drawer for a crucifix and a tape recorder. Call him superstitious but he felt that it might help if the girl decided to suddenly attack him. He needed questions answered and he was determined to get them on tape. He walked back out into the living room after slipping the cross in his back pocket and showed her the tape recorder. "I like to hear things more then once..." he explained as he sat down and placed the tape recorder on the table. He turned it on and glanced at her with a smile. "I want you to start at the beginning.. tell me about Mark.. how Dementis came to be... tell me about how you became pregnant with Dementis child... all of it..." he said, his tape record could hold ten hours of information... he was certain it would be enough... now it was just a matter of making it through this interview without Cara or the demon that was supposedly inside her, doing something that could jeopardize him or his family.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating

Old 04-11-2011 at 01:46 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [115] »

Cara Blaze Andovea

To think that she was going crazy would have been a pleasing for at least then she'd know were to go for help, know that there was someone who could help but Cara knew she wasn't going crazy even if others thought she was.

She'd admit it, at the start she had thought of Dementis as someone inside Mark's head, a voice that Mark claimed told him to do unspeakable things something like a split personality but then how would that explain the speed, the strength and the eyes changing? No it was more then that and maybe it was something that you'd have to have seen first hand to believe.

Mark and Dementis had been in her life for almost three years now and in those three years Cara had gotten to see more of Dementis then she had ever wanted but Calvin... Though he had seen the acts of Dementis, even been a part of them he didn't know the demon like Cara did and therefore, clearly didn't believe.

Otherwise he never would have said the next words out of his mouth, the words that made her head come up and her blood run cold. Priest Mark had spat at the word and before Samon had done to Cara what he had done Cara had thought a priest to be someone to consult now though.

Her eyes had changed and a rage built, something in which she had never felt before and looking across at her friend she spoke her anger in a voice that was strong, cold and hateful.

The look in the ex cops eyes, the way his mouth dropped at lest told Cara that this past moment had gotten to him and shaking her head she'd be truthful and say that it had gotten to her to.

The silence that followed could be cut with a knife upon hearing a pin drop, the way that Calvin stood and left her made Cara know he wouldn't be able to help. There was only one person she could talk to about this, one person she thought might be able to give her the truth but he had been more distant... far more distant.

However when Calvin returned Cara's eyes came up a look of shear question and mistrust suddenly took her over. He showed her a recorder, it's red light on.

"I like to hear things more then once..."

A scoff passed over Cara's lips and his smile was hardly a comfort.

"I want you to start at the beginning.. tell me about Mark.. how Dementis came to be... tell me about how you became pregnant with Dementis child... all of it..."

Looking at the recorder Cara almost willed it to brake but with a sigh said:

"Why bother Calvin? You'd heard it all before, more then once. You've seen Dementis yourself and you know me and yet..." she shook her head biting her bottom lip and breathing deeply.

Suddenly she once again looked him dead in the eye a stronger voice taking her over.

"You're an ex cop so answer me a question before I answer any of yours, earn a little trust. With all the people you captured, all the pot heads did you ever see their eyes change colour? Ever see the strength that Mark has, braking bones hurts and isn't something that should be done with a free hand. As for how I came to be with this child, do you really want Cara to tell you every little detail of rape?"

Old 02-13-2017 at 03:40 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [116] »

OCC: Above Thread Done.
For Cara and Calvin

Cara Blaze Andovea

"You sure you don't mind someone bumping around in the middle of the night?"

It had somewhat been the question that had lead to Cara staying over at Calvin's. Just how much bumping she did was still to be (for lack of a better word} seen.

They had arrived a little while ago after leaving the police station Cara still wondering if this was a good idea and if Calvin would come to regret it. He didn't know the nightmares that played throughout her mind when ever she was left alone or her mind wasn't taken up by something else. He'd soon find out that she rather passed out then slept now days and not being able to see anything...that had its own set of problems.

She was grateful to not be left alone, not that she ever really was with Ghost and Cody but human contact....hopefully it would bring them both some release from the pain.

Calvin had shown her to the room she would be staying in, her mind already counting steps, trying to work out a map so she could use it later even with Cody as a guide. She couldn't help but wonder about Parker and his sister, were they slept so she could make note not to go near that room but as she sat on the fold out she couldn't help the images that played within her mind.

Old 02-17-2017 at 11:04 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [117] »

Calvin Booth

Home. There were so many sayings about home. Home is where the heart is. Home sweet home. On it went. Calvin didn’t feel any of these nostalgic idioms as he walked into a rather clean apartment. Though he knew Cara couldn’t see it, he still felt self-conscious about the dinner dishes on the table and the toys on the floor. He would show Cara her room and then he would clean them. He said goodbye to the babysitters, slipped them some money and showed them out. He didn’t mind Cara staying for a night. It would be nice to have another adult around… well someone that was older than his own children. Things had never been the same since Teresa. There was a lot of the house that just felt empty. Calvin had been used to coming home and finding the kids at the dinner table with their mother, usually having a lively conversation about the latest Disney movie or Parker’s new friend. Now he just came home from work and he would cook his family dinner in almost complete silence. Parker was not the same boy he used to be and that meant the babbling boy full of laughter and sunshine had changed to a stoic child with little to say except when he was upset with his father.

Yes it would be nice to have someone in the house.

Calvin showed Cara the spare room with the guest bed and a dresser where she could place things. He laid down a blanket for the dog, unsure if the dog slept on the bed or not. He bid the girl goodnight and closed the door, trusting that she could find her way. He had shown her where the bathroom was and allowed her to count the steps and what direction it from her room. Calvin walked into his own room and closed the door. When he looked at the bed he was surprised to see his own kids in his bed. It happened some times and tonight he smiled. He went into the bathroom and showered, letting the hot water run over his aching and tense muscles. So much was going on. The difficult part was reorienting to life in Paris. So much had changed. He sighed as he stepped out of the stream of water and shut it off. He heard movement from his room and turned to see Parker sitting up. “Dad… is that you…” he called, rubbing his eyes and Calvin put a finger to his lips, not wanting Parker to wake up Olivia. “Yeah pal… its me… I’m just coming to bed… “ he said, throwing on some sweats and an old t-shirt before climbing into bed next to his son. “We have a friend staying with us tonight… so don’t be loud if you wake up before me okay?” he instructed and Parker nodded, snuggling next to him. Calvin felt his spirits immediately lift. He had so much love for this small human that called him dad.

“Dad?... are you sad?” The question in the semi-darkness took him off guard. He glanced at his little boy who was gazing at him with his blue eyes… his mother’s blue eyes. Calvin sighed and kissed the top of his head. “Sometimes like is hard… and sometimes I’m sad… I miss your mom…” Calvin paused, he had not frequently admitted that to his son. In fact they barely spoke of her. If they were going to heal it needed to happen more. “But we have each other… and I’m doing my best…” Calvin felt like he was defending himself more than explaining his actions to his son. Parker wrapped his arms around Calvin’s neck and hugged him tight for his six year old self. “Dad…” he began and Calvin made a noise to acknowledge that he was still awake. “I miss her too…” he muttered, it was the last thing he said before his breathing became even and he felt asleep. Calvin laid there for a little while longer. Thinking of his son and his sweet little girl. He wished he could shield them from the pain of the real world but he knew that was impossible. As he drifted off to sleep he found his mind drifting to the blatant fact that Parker and Olivia needed a mother… Calvin needed someone too.. but there was no one left. They had all gone.

Blackout

Calvin walked to sounds in the living room. He glanced at the clock near his bed. It was almost 9am. He had slept way past what he meant to. Fortunately he had the day off and that meant he could spend it with his kids. He threw on a robe and walked into the living room where he found Parker and Olivia petting Cody. Olivia, being the tiny two year old that she was, was sitting on Cody’s back laughing and clapping her hands gleefully. “Puppy daddy!” she squeeled with delight as she buried her face in the dog’s fur. “Be gentle…” he reminded his daughter as he watched Parker pet the dog’s head softly. He turned to Cara who was sitting at the table. “Cody might lose his mind with those two hanging on him all day…” he remarked as he sat down and poured himself a cup of coffee. “Did you get something for breakfast?” He asked, certain that Parker had helped Cara with whatever she needed this morning. “Did you sleep alright?” He asked, as he buttered a piece of toast and took a bite. Small talk was all he could manage for the moment, it had been so long since he’d had an adult conversation this early in the morning that he had forgotten what it was like. It almost felt normal and Calvin liked that.

Old 02-18-2017 at 03:20 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [118] »

Cara Blaze Andovea

With the time and sun meaning nothing Cara had been left to her own devices to either settle or be restless, that would be the issue. With day slipping into night and night into day she simply sat on the bed, lost in thought memories though at least awake she had some control over the screaming that would otherwise take hold.

She was grateful to Calvin, he hadn't pushed or lingered and seemingly for the first time voiced his opinion, instead just letting her be. She was sure he had his own issues to deal with anyway.

It was in the early hours of the morning that her thoughts were broken when she suddenly heard movement within the house. The footsteps sounding to light to be a grown up, it was then she remembered that there were kids in the house and so she had risen from the bed and made her way slowly to where the noise seemed to issue, Cody following close behind.

It had been Olivia who seemed to first take note of them a high squeal issuing from her lips making Cara have a moment of pure worry.

"Puppy, Puppy, puppy"

Relife, Cara let out her held breath and laugh hearing the running footsteps and Cody's noise of surprise at being around kids again. Cara's own children treated him like a pet save for when he had his vest on at those times they KNEW he was working and left him alone.

"I'm not so sure he's a puppy anymore but he can still play like one" Cara voiced before hearing Parker.

It was only after she had asked if Calvin was awake yet that she enlisted the young boys help in fixing everyone something to eat. Catching up with the young boy as she did so.

He had voiced some of his worries and Cara let him wondering if it was easier for him to talk to her then his father about such matters.

It was after they had eaten that she suddenly heard more footsteps and Calvin's voice.

“Cody might lose his mind with those two hanging on him all day…”

To this Cara couldn't help but laugh, the first real one in awhile as she heard Cody let out a breath that could be mistaken for a sigh.

"He can take care of himself" she stated smiling.

“Did you get something for breakfast?” Calvin questioned to which she nodded. “Did you sleep alright?”

"I told you, I don't really sleep anymore but... my night was....restful. Besides, it gave me a chance to plan Parker's lesson and warn Cody that he might be playing horsy."

She couldn't help her mind from flashing to Ghost.

"He seemed to question why I didn't bring Ghost if I knew someone wanted a pony ride."

It was then that she turned back to Calvin.

"How did you sleep?"

Old 02-25-2017 at 04:52 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [119] »

Calvin Booth

Calvin watched his kids with the German Shepard. He had always liked dogs and thought, when he had Teresa had been together that they should maybe get them one. He thought that kids growing up with a dog was healthy for both parties. For a time he had been turned off to the idea of having a dog. Watching the animals used in his line of work sometimes made such a decision a little rough. He had seen dogs take down men twice their size and rip into them in an attempt to protect their handlers. Calvin had always worried that if Parker had a dog, and the dog suddenly became defensive, what could happen. Yet Cara’s dog Cody seemed perfectly content to lay there and let Olivia sit on his back like she was riding a horse. He watched her with some anxiety as she bounced up and down with the reckless abandon of an innocent child that knows very little of life’s consequences. Parker sat quietly next to the dog, petting his head and scratching his ears. The pure joy in his the faces of children was something that he hadn’t seen since their mother had left. He felt like having Cara and her guide dog here, even just temporarily would be good for all of them.

He sat down at the table across from Cara, pouring himself a cup of coffee, black just like he preferred it. He took a sip as he conversed with Cara. He typically spent his morning with the tv on, cartoons playing in the background as Olivia watched them fascinated while Parker would either sit on the couch and draw or build with some of his Lego toys that he had recently gotten into. Calvin’s life revolved around his children. It was rare that he had a night out or spent an afternoon with some other this his kids, who he loved, ,but at times he missed his partner and his ex-wife and talking about things other than the latest toys or what Jimmy’s parents had gotten him for his birthday. Cara laughed when he talked about the dog and how his kids were going to drive the poor animal to madness. He was happy to see her laugh, it happened far too infrequently as the girl had suffered so much. Maybe a little carefree companionship was what they both needed right now.

Perhaps as a formality more than nay thing, he asked her how she had slept as he buttered a piece of toast and contentedly bit a corner off. "I told you, I don't really sleep anymore but... my night was....restful. Besides, it gave me a chance to plan Parker's lesson and warn Cody that he might be playing horsy." She said as Calvin watched Olivia lay her head down on top of the dog’s head and give him a kiss. It warmed his heart to see the dog so tolerant and his daughter so happy. It was the childhood he had always wanted for his children, he didn’t want their youth and innocence to be ravaged by pain and loss. He already felt guilty over what had happened with Teresa. He felt awful that they had lost a mother, and now as Calvin tried to fill the role of both parents for them he felt almost responsible for Teresa’s abandonment of their family. He again felt like having Cara here was a great idea, maybe in time they could bring his god daughter as well, he reckoned that she would be about Olivia’s age if not a little older. He was certain his daughter would enjoy the playmate. "He seemed to question why I didn't bring Ghost if I knew someone wanted a pony ride." Calvin raised an eyebrow at that, he didn’t know who Ghost was although he seemed to remember Cara mentioning a pony at one point or another. He was sure his kids would love to go to the Opera House stable. Cara continued "How did you sleep?"

Calvin shrugged at the question. Sleeping for him was hit and miss. Some times he was plagued with nightmares from his days as a sniper, or he was back in the underground cell, naked and shaking from the most recent confrontation with Middle Eastern torture methods. The favorite had been hitting their bare feet with a hammer, that slowly and painfully crushed the bones. It also kept them from fighting back. They couldn’t stand, they couldn’t fight. It was very efficient, unfortunately for all of them. “I slept fine…” he assured her as he grabbed another piece of toast, he turned to his kids. “Did you guys eat your breakfast?” he asked and they both responded that they had. He watched as Olivia climbed off Cody and grabbing his collar walked him over to the sliding door that led out to the balcony. He listened in amusement as she explained how they weren’t allowed to go out there. Parker was now sitting on the couch drawing. It was a nice winter day. “Cara… I had a thought…” he began as he chewed on his second piece of toast. “How would you like a job as a nanny to Parker and Olivia… I’d pay you… plus you could stay in the spare room… there are a lot of nights when I have to work late… it would be nice to have someone around to watch the kids…” he told her. He didn’t want her to feel obligated to take him up on the offer. He just thought that the companionship would be good for both of them. “I also think its time I saw Skyla again…” he said with a smile, he had been honored when Cara had told him she had made him the godfather. He felt it was time he acted on that role and made it possible for Cara to have her daughter with her again.

Old 02-25-2017 at 05:42 PM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [120] »

Cara Blaze Andovea

It was somewhat strange, being around kids again, having them in her life. Ever since Skyla had been born there hadn't been a day when Cara hadn't seen her, picked her up from school, played, tucked her into bed at night, kissed her awake in the morning. It was the same with her son....though he sometimes protested to the morning kiss. Now....now they could be almost seen like strangers. She had no idea if Skyla had gotten over that bad dream she'd been having or if her son had finally worked out the riddle of 1+1 coming out to be a window instead of a 2. It was...better this way, she needed time, they ALL needed time and Lashell was soon to be family anyway.

She could almost mistake Olivia's happy squeals to be those of Skyla, Parker's quite nature somewhat reflecting her son's though in a different kind of way and Calvin....again, it was strange to be around a man again, have someone who cared and questioned.

He had asked her how she had slept, making her once again reveal the fact that she didn't. At least this time she hadn't found herself walking barefoot in the night, somehow ending up (more often than not) at Mark's grave. It was only after that little thought crossed her mind that she found herself echoing the question.

“I slept fine…”

Why did she get the feeling he was lying? Since she had lost her sight she couldn't believe the little hints in a person's voice that gave them away, the little changes that otherwise went unnoticed.

“Cara… I had a thought…”

"Should I be worried?" she questioned trying to lighten the mood the seemed to shift from one moment to the next within the room.

“How would you like a job as a nanny to Parker and Olivia… I’d pay you… plus you could stay in the spare room… there are a lot of nights when I have to work late… it would be nice to have someone around to watch the kids…”

Upon hearing this she couldn't help but be taken back a little. Since having to leave the Opera House she had feared about work. What she could do, what someone would LET her do.

“I also think its time I saw Skyla again…”

At this her head came up, one might have been able to see the gears working round in her head if they looked hard enough.

"Calvin I..." she started trying to collect herself. "I don't know if I'm ready to have my kids live with me again....That isn't to say that I'm stopping you from seeing her it's just....I'm not really myself. I....I have nightmares, sometimes I sleepwalk and scream plus...I'm supposed to be living with Charles."

She took another breath, another moment of thought.

"That isn't to say that I wouldn't LOVE to be around Parker and Olivia more, they are like family to me, as are you. I just....I want you to know what you're getting yourself into. I can hardly handle myself at the moment, let alone anyone else"

Though as she thought about it more she couldn't help but think it might be a good idea. Force her mind to get off the memories, keep her mind busy.

"Are you sure, sure that you want me?"