Name: Tori | Gender: Female | Age: 26 | Posts: 84 | Roses: 10
Old 08-25-2008 at 03:19 AM
Trix
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [21] »

Bahaha ah well. Highschool can be either really good or really bad, depending on how you rationalize and get through things.

And my most recent accomplishment that I'm having a REALLY hard time with is quitting smoking. I haven't smoked in two weeks tomorrow, so that's a big deal for me... but oooooh man I'm really jonesing for a cancer-stick right now...

I sent my love a bouquet of black roses,
and inside I sent her boyfriend's left eye,
and inside the letter that I wrote her,
said "I thought the boy should see you one last time"
Trix's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 08-26-2008 at 03:02 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [22] »

GREAT! My uncle quit too and he was addicted like hell! (excuse that) so I know you can do it!

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Hannah | Gender: the "weaker" sex | Posts: 501 | Roses: 110
Old 09-21-2008 at 06:19 AM
Madame le Courayer
Wandering Child
Make your choice!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [23] »

I just wanted to let you guys know that tonight I had my debut performance in this concert series my local theater is doing as a tribute to Cole Porter.
I had to sing a duet (soprano/baritone). My partner, Joey (a local performer) was tremendous and very supportive. He had done musical theater before and I hadn't.
So we duetted with So In Love...we were in costume: he in tights and tunic (think Romeo) and me in an empire-waist gown with my hair long (think Juliet). The song is from Kiss Me Kate, based on Shakespeare's Taming of the Shrew.
Anyway, all went well, we were both in good voice and I could tell Gabe, our conductor was very pleased. Until a moment in the song where Joey had to make me spin gracefully ( like a dance) into his arms. The idea was for him to end up holding me from behind as we sang the final verse: "I'm yours til I die...So in love, so in love, so in love with you, my love, am I..."
But he did it just a bit too forcefully and my momentum was such that instead of moving gracefully up against him, I kind of slammed into him, knocking him to the floor! Of course since I was leaning on him I followed.
But I tell you we never missed a note!! We kept right on singing, sitting there in the middle of the stage me on Joey's lap, Joey's arms around me holding me! The audience was in tears laughing and clapping. They ate it up...especially since we were keeping the show going! We didn't get up until the end of the song and then only to take our bows. It was a riot!
I am so glad the night is over but we have one more performance tomorrow night so please wish me (and my sore backside) luck! Whew!

Madame le Courayer's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Erin *lists several nicknames* | Gender: Une mademoiselle | Posts: 53 | Roses: 10
Old 09-22-2008 at 07:18 PM
Ingenuous Soprano
Wandering Child
Elisabeth...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [24] »

Awesome, Hannah! That's the way to do it, keep on going. :D Break a leg tonight!

I'm ecstatic! *sigh* I've just recently learned my first operetta aria! Mabel's "Poor Wand'ring One". It's also my first waltz... and I do the D! *is happy*

And now I'm doing Wishing! And then probably ToM according to my teacher. I'm so excited. :D

Proud Raoul Phan. You've just got to love him!
"Lehr’ mich wieder ohne Angst zu leben..."
"Wenn ich tanzen will, dann tanz ich so wie's mir gefällt...
"Han kom till mig en natt, som i en dröm... Hans röst var manande men ändå öm..."
I now have a thing for Swedish...
Ingenuous Soprano's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 09-23-2008 at 02:13 AM
The Countess
Wandering Child
I will not give up my own self...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [25] »

That's great news, Erin! I'm so envious!

I too am begining my first real aria (no baby stuff) Voi Che Sapete from Mozart's "The Marriage of Figero." It's so difficult but the melody is sweeping and very fun. The Italian is a ***** (pardon my French), though. This is only my thrid or fourth Italian aria and it's so hard to keep up with. Trust me, just give a listen, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-e0fHUoKD8
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Ran | Gender: Female | Age: 28 | Posts: 1,118 | Roses: 84
Old 09-23-2008 at 07:34 PM
PhAnToMeSs07
Wandering Child
House Patron
Random Ran

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [26] »

Lets see, upon starting my second year in college, things are going so much better this year. I got lead trumpet in the pit orchestra for the fall musical. We are doing Pippin and although I haven't received any of the music yet or even listened to Pippin, I am still pretty excited nevertheless. It's a freaking musical! Its the start of my career, lol.

Also, I was picked to play in The Cape Fear Wind Symphony, a really big accomplishment. Sometimes they make people audition and then sometimes, you get asked to play. Last year, I wasn't asked and I didn't audition in time but this year, I was specifically asked to play in it. There will be a few students and the rest of the players in the symphony are professionals. Oh, and I have first part. Its some of the most difficult music I've ever seen or had to play but I am so thrilled about it.

I also got a part time job playing with a high school band every Friday night at their football games. I get paid $75 dollars a game, gas money and food is also thrown into the mix so, that being said, it's a really good deal and opportunity that I took eagerly.

And I think that's it for the moment. Hopefully they'll be more good things in the future. :)

I just wanna be alone now with the dark and the light. That's my favorite color blue there

As the sun sets in the sky, there's just something in the hue there in the corner of my eye
PhAnToMeSs07's Profile Send Private Message PhAnToMeSs07's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kat/Leia/Brittany | Gender: Female tomboy. | Age: 29 | Posts: 2,916 | Roses: 85
Old 09-25-2008 at 04:51 AM
Why So Silent
Wandering Child
House Patron
Finally the Member of a Cult!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [27] »

I GOT PUBLISHED IN A COMIC BOOK :D

Pirates VS Ninjas Annual by Antarctic Press, pages 13 and 14. It was just a 2 page submission to their annual, and I got in! I can't believe it. Like the guy at the comic book store said, "Every little bit adds to the resumé!"

Why So Silent's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 09-25-2008 at 05:12 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Performing Onstage
(Performer Is Online)
 Post [28] »

Congrats to all the great and wonderful things that each person on here has done I've only read a few but everyone of you should be proud.

My life if kind of dale but the two main accomplishments I have to shear are that I'm getting two of my peoms published. One's the first one I ever sent to this place its becoming one of the "greatest of the greatest" or so they call it and they want me to write a new one and send them.

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: EAAB | Gender: Ghostly Lady Spirit | Posts: 79 | Roses: 10
Old 10-03-2008 at 06:30 PM
EAAB
Wandering Child
Secret Keeper of the Fifth Cellar

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [29] »

Congrats to all the accomplishments!

My biggest thing lately is that my latest book on the Faust legend has finally been published, 2 volumes, (five and a half years work. Whew!) I am glad this one is finished! I am finally on my long deserved vacation with my brother, whom I haven't seen in a long time. So much to do!

That's my two cents worth!

EAAB's Profile Send Private Message EAAB's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Sarah | Gender: Genderfluid. | Age: 27 | Posts: 1,031 | Roses: 10
Old 10-07-2008 at 07:30 PM
xXphantomaddictedXx
Wandering Child
Dial A For Alan.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [30] »

My biggest accomplishment lately is that I raised my math grade in college from a D to a solid C. I passed the most recent test with a 43, which translates to 75%, or a solid C. My next goal is to get 85% of the questions correct (that would translate to a B). Moreover, my goal overall is to pass the class with at least a B, if not an A. However, I'm choosing not to count my chickens before they're hatched in case something happens. Our next test is October 15, so please send good thoughts my way.

There are many bodies of water in this world;

Yet none would quench my thirst for you.
xXphantomaddictedXx's Profile Send Private Message xXphantomaddictedXx's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote