The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » The Lair of the Phantom » Don Juan Triumphant » Reflecting Mirrors
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Shadow/Han Solo/Brittany | Gender: Chipette | Age: 27 | Posts: 1,488 | Roses: 40
Old 06-08-2005 at 02:17 AM
Forgotten Angel
Wandering Child
House Patron
[Greed] I AM the Mafia!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Unusual 'Ships  Post [1] »

I hope I don't get pulverized for this thread.

We all know there are a Erik/Christine and Raoul/Christine fans all over the place. However, there are a selected few of us who read between the lines and find that there are certain... special relationships that most never consider.

I'm not talking about PhantomSlash, like Christine/Meg or Erik/Raoul or anything like that. I don't think anyone doubts the characters' sexualities. I mean, what if Christine had never come to l'Opera Populaire? If you ask me, it is entirely possible that Erik could have fallen for Meg. Or, going back a generation, who IS Meg's father, anyway? Why does Mme Giry protect Erik so fiercely? I sense a secret love affair.

I'm one of those strange people who actually happens to be a fan of both Erik/Mme Giry and Erik/Meg, depending on the situation in each case. Anybody else a fan of an odd ship or two? :)

All [alone] he [turns] to [stone]
While [holding] his [breath] half [to] death.

[Terrified] of [what]'s [inside].
Forgotten Angel's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: KT Mae | Gender: Hungry Chipmunk | Age: 28 | Posts: 4,322 | Roses: 25
Old 06-08-2005 at 02:27 AM
The Khanum
Ballet Mistress
House Patron
» DAZLIOUS «

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

I won't pulverize you, Shadow...it's actually a very interesting topic. Thanks for posting!

I'm actually not opposed to E/Mme Giry. It's not entirely improbably, especially in the movie...they made it quite clear that Erik and Mme. Giry were around the same age, and that she was all she had in the world. The identity of Meg's father is never revealed, and if you notice, Mme Giry mentions that she is "all he has ever known of the world and its cruelties." Plus, she was a ballet dancer training in the Opera House, and then she became the ballet mistress...would she have gone of and found a lover/husband in those years in between?

My guess is no...she might have already had one deep within the Opera itself.

Of course, I will always be an E/C shipper at heart...whatever (might have) went on between Erik and Mme Giry would have long since died before Erik fell in love with Christine.

But as for E/M? Nope, never liked that at all. I don't know why...it just never floated my boat.

♦ so why did you bawl from the spell of some old holy song? ♦

some liar laughed as he composed, some liar i loved to control
<b>The Khanum</b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b>The Khanum</b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 32 | Posts: 70 | Roses: 10
Old 06-08-2005 at 01:59 PM
wolfwynd
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] »

No, I don't see the E/M relationship either - it just doesn't make sense... I mean, he shows no feelings towards her at all. As for E/Mdm Giry, I could see that happening - after all she was the only person that he had had contact with for many years
wolfwynd's Profile Send Private Message wolfwynd's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kristi Lu | Gender: Girl | Posts: 756 | Roses: 22
Old 06-08-2005 at 04:16 PM
Masked Shadows
Wandering Child
House Patron
.Always.Confused.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] »

I'm E/M too. I'm not really E/MdG but ya know, it could be. I think Meg's father was probally just a stagehand or a patron. *shrugs* just what I think.

Now, I see, If I wear a mask I can fool the world.

Masked Shadows's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 26 | Posts: 24 | Roses: 10
Old 07-13-2005 at 06:11 PM
CĂ©cile Annelure
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5] »

I don't support Erik/Meg in the least. If you've read the book, you realize the Meg is really young, maybe 10 or 12 years old? And Erik would've gone for Meg if he wanted to. It's not like he was shy ^.^

Hmm.. Erik/Madame Giry? That's a possibility. They might have had some physical contact *cough* but I don't think it became a long-lasting relationship or that Meg was his daughter. I really do not support that theory.
CĂ©cile Annelure's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 28 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 07-14-2005 at 04:48 AM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6] »

I agree that Erik/Mme. Giry could have worked, at least in the film and perhaps the stage musical as well. They must have broken up or something, though, because otherwise Erik wouldn't have become so attached to Christine.

I also support a relationship between Nadir (the Persian) and the Khanum of Persia. :D

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kristi Lu | Gender: Girl | Posts: 756 | Roses: 22
Old 07-14-2005 at 05:12 AM
Masked Shadows
Wandering Child
House Patron
.Always.Confused.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7] »

What about Nadir/Meg? I've seen a couple fanfiction stories with that relationship in it. Any Thoughts?

Now, I see, If I wear a mask I can fool the world.

Masked Shadows's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: KT Mae | Gender: Hungry Chipmunk | Age: 28 | Posts: 4,322 | Roses: 25
Old 07-14-2005 at 02:54 PM
The Khanum
Ballet Mistress
House Patron
» DAZLIOUS «

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8] »

Quote:
Originally posted by IamErik771
I also support a relationship between Nadir (the Persian) and the Khanum of Persia. :D
AH! Nadir is way too good for the Khanum...but I want to read a phanphic where a little something goes on between Erik and the Khanum, just for laughs... ;)

Quote:
Originally posted by LiTTleLoTTe1391
What about Nadir/Meg? I've seen a couple fanfiction stories with that relationship in it. Any Thoughts?
There's a bunch of planning on a phic like that on pf.net...sounds interesting. I would read it.

♦ so why did you bawl from the spell of some old holy song? ♦

some liar laughed as he composed, some liar i loved to control
<b>The Khanum</b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b>The Khanum</b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 28 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 07-14-2005 at 05:53 PM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9] »

Quote:
Originally posted by Erik is my Hero
AH! Nadir is way too good for the Khanum...but I want to read a phanphic where a little something goes on between Erik and the Khanum, just for laughs... ;)
Strangely enough, I do remember seeing one or two E/K fics. Sadly, they both ended with the Khanum betraying Erik in the end. :(

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 31 | Posts: 27 | Roses: 10
Old 07-26-2005 at 03:14 PM
Mouette
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10] »

I am rather against MdmG/Erik, myself . . . if you look at the way Erik loves (rather all-consumingly), I can't really see him moving on between relationships like that; he strikes me as a one-and-only kind of guy. And besides, Madame Giry's name IS Madame Giry, which means that she was married at one point, I think. Even in the movie, I still see their relationship as that of parent/child--she looked about sixteen and he looked about twelve in the flashback. Maybe she's just a mothering kind of person . . .

As for the Khanum--she always brought out the worst in Erik; I was really rather unfond of her for that.

Nadir and Meg? Now that's an interesting twist . . . esp since isn't Nadir about 10 years older than Erik in Kay's? I could see it working, though, possibly.

\"You try my patience!\"

Mouette's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote