Name: Clemence | Gender: female | Age: 26 | Posts: 81 | Roses: 10
Old 09-24-2006 at 08:44 PM
queen
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Has Erik had a previous infatuation before Christine?  Post [1] »

What d'you guys think?I think yes.......erik's whole behaviour hints at that and read Susan Kay's book if you don't believe me :D

L'amour est comme le poison, c'est dangereux

J'espère que vous ne construisez pas tant de murs que vous ne pouvez pas voir quand ils doivent être abaissés
queen's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Samantha | Gender: Female | Age: 42 | Posts: 42 | Roses: 10
Old 09-25-2006 at 03:05 AM
northangel27
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
It depends.....  Post [2] »

It depends on what you mean by "relationship". If you are talking about a romantic relationship between two people, with mutual feelings, and giving and taking on both sides, then I would have to say no, absolutely not.

Now, in saying that I am not completely eliminating the possiblity that Erik may have had feelings for another woman in the past, or that another woman may have had feelings for him, I just think that those former situations could not be considered a relationship, as they would have been one sided. I think that by looking at the situation with Christine, it is quite clear how dangerous Erik's love could be, as it tends to border on obsession. Surely if he had been in love before it must have led to much pain and tragedy. After all, this is a man whose own mother refused to even look at his face, a man who had no conception of what love was; what it was to recieve, or to give.

Even in Kay's book, Erik was never in a real "relationship" with another woman. He had feelings for Luciana, and she was facinated by and enamoured of him, but there was no realy relationship there, nor any love. The Khanum lusted after him, but he was blind to this fact.

All in all, I feel that there is little to no proof, in any version of the story that Erik was ever in a relationship with a woman before Christine (and I even question whether the circumstances with Christine could actually have been called a "relationship"). I just feel that he was too emotionally raw, and unstable to ever have been in what could have been classified as a real relationship. Poor Erik.
northangel27's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2006 at 05:04 PM
queen
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] »

Well....I did mean romantic relationship,for one

J'espère que vous ne construisez pas tant de murs que vous ne pouvez pas voir quand ils doivent être abaissés

Name: Erik | Gender: Male | Age: 28 | Posts: 23 | Roses: 10
Old 10-06-2006 at 08:24 PM
ErikClaudin
Wandering Child
Le Fantome

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] »

Erik/Christine relationship was not an actual relationship. In many phan phics I've read, the authors add new relationships. He did not have an actual mutual one, I do not believe. I mean, the khanum was sadistic and Luciana was a *****, so... No, not in my opinion, but, maybe.
ErikClaudin's Profile Send Private Message ErikClaudin's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,058 | Roses: 235
Old 10-06-2006 at 08:40 PM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5] »

After multiple viewings of the film musical, I wonder if there might not be something between Erik and his rescuer. Watch Madame Giry's responses involving Erik. Whether this is a one-sided attraction or not, I can't say. But, this was a secret shared for decades by these two people.

The next time you watch the film, and I'm sure you will, focus on Madame Giry.

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2006 at 10:03 PM
queen
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6] »

Yeah,I've thought about her. It's something to wonder of...I mean,the way Mdm.Giry talks of the Phantom!
But you, being one of those philosopher type people I think and think of different,well,anwsers,I guess.
And I'll tell you one of the things I had thought of when I saw Erik touch christine that night in his lair'' Oh! If he was as sad and lonely and all that how could he touch her like that? Wouldn't he be afraid that chrstine would be repulsed?''
And then I wondered if men can handle not like,y'know and stuff.
I'll just shut up now

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,058 | Roses: 235
Old 10-06-2006 at 10:42 PM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7] »

You do have a point. Erik seems quite knowledgeable in the way he caresses and embraces Christine. Would a man without experience--ahem--fondle so skillfully if he didn't have experience?

Well, he does have the lifesize Christine doll. EEEWWWW!

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Cara | Gender: female | Age: 33 | Posts: 147 | Roses: 0
Old 12-12-2006 at 07:59 AM
Cara
Wandering Child
House Patron
The girl that believes

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8] »

I think any sort of romantic relationship is a no because at the end of Leroux's book he tell Nadir about how good it was to finaly kiss someone cause he never had before, not even his mother let him kiss her.

All hail Erik and Jareth! Leroux gave Erik life, ALW gave him his voice, Kay gave him his soul, and Gerry gave him about 20 million more fans.
If anyone wants to RP just let me know and my banner was made by the awesome MystMoonstruck :3
Cara's Profile Send Private Message Cara's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2006 at 09:02 PM
queen
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9] »

Quote:
Originally posted by MystMoonstruck
You do have a point. Erik seems quite knowledgeable in the way he caresses and embraces Christine. Would a man without experience--ahem--fondle so skillfully if he didn't have experience?

Well, he does have the lifesize Christine doll. EEEWWWW!
LOL!

[You read my mind,my dear!;) ]:D

My mum always said that men were predators. That they can't survive without.....dfhshfsa.....ahem. My mum said this while a certain person called my Dad was in the room. Quelle horreur!

Name: | Gender: | Age: 25 | Posts: 72 | Roses: 10
Old 12-12-2006 at 10:17 PM
MaskedRose
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10] »

Honestly, he wouldn't. I mean he travled with the gypsies a lot. He wouldn't have because no one would really want him and he didnt realize that until he found christine. Because no one ever wanted to really be with him. But even though Christine chose Raoul, he could still tell that she wanted to be with him, but she also knew that it would be a more akward relationship. Also knowing Erik, he wouldn't know what love is. The only love he had before Christine was probably his music and Sasha, his dog.
MaskedRose's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote