West Side Story - Maria
Wicked - Glinda
Chicago - Roxie Hart
Sound of Music - Liesel
ALW's The Phantom of the Opera - Christine or Carlotta
My Fair Lady - Eliza Dolittle
Evita - Eva Peron
Calamity Jane - Calamity

Isabella Delancy's Profile Send Private Message Isabella Delancy's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 30 | Posts: 13 | Roses: 10
Old 09-07-2006 at 08:15 AM
theatresavvypirate
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12] »

I only have a few...

Fraulein "Fritizie" Kost ~ Cabaret (I will play her someday!)

Blanche ~ A Streetcar Named Desire

Anybodys ~ West Side Story

sig credit goes to the lovely Roo:D
theatresavvypirate's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: doris | Gender: female | Posts: 33 | Roses: 10
Old 11-18-2006 at 03:20 PM
doristelford
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13] »

Sadly I cant sing!!!!but if I could I would be Nancy in 0liver, Maria in West Side Story, Maria in The Sound of Music, maybe Christine in ALW POTO but I think more than likely Carlotta, Eliza in My Fair Lady. 0nly a short list, probably I will think of loads more once I sign off.
doristelford's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 25 | Posts: 72 | Roses: 10
Old 01-14-2007 at 05:48 AM
MaskedRose
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14] »

I really only want to be in a few. As much as I love to sing, I don't wanna be in all Broadway shows.

Christine-PotO (if you don't know that then why are you on here?)

Galinda - Wicked, but I dont have the range, I think.

Belle - I don't look like her, but I have the range.

Maurine - It's a really fun role.

That's all.

MaskedRose's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 05-23-2007 at 12:21 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15] »

This will sound VERY cliche. WARNING:

Phantom of the opera- Christine

Grease: Frenchie or Sandy

Wicked- Ellifie

Sound of Music- Lesile

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: MN | Gender: Vampyress | Posts: 1,184 | Roses: 11
Old 05-23-2007 at 01:03 AM
MaskedNicci
Wandering Child
Wolven Animagus

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16] »

*creeps into thread* I don't mean to shamelessly plug(well, I kinda do), but there's a group of people I'm with from another forum, who are planning on doing several cast recordings...if anyone's interested in auditioning, they can PM me for the linke. ^_^ We really need more people. By coincidence, we're doing POTO right now. Still deciding on what to do next, but right now, it looks like Wicked.

-Any female(and some male) roles in Wicked - Because I was just told I was a good belter.:) *ish happy* And because all the roles are hilarious and fun to play. I'm not picky. In fact, I do a good Morrible. And Fiyero rocks. (even though I'm female. I could pull it off)

- Meg from POTO. It's such a neat little role. This is assuming I knew how to dance more than 'hop hop hop wiggle-mah-hips hop'. ;) But hey, this is dream role, Oui?

- Any of the three-lady-chorus-singer-persons from Cats. You know, Bombalurina, Demeter, and Jellylorum. 'Gus the theatre cat' rocks my socks.

- Narrator from Joseph and TATC. Because who wouldn't? It's an uber-awesome part.

- Any female role in Les Mis. Heck, I'd even take a nun part. But Fantine's character holds a special place in my heart. If I were male, I'd take Valjean or Javert in a second(I dunno why not Marius, but it's not really a dream role for me. Not enough power behind the role, I s'pose)

- Alright, I can't avoid it. In Beauty and the Beast, I'd love for no role more than Belle. I know, it's absolutely cliche, but how many mezzo leads can you love without EVERYONE ELSE loving it, too? Mrs. Potts is alright, but I dunno if I could pull off her age.(Though I'm not an adult, I did pass off for my sister's MOTHER once...)

- Liz from Chicago. Don't know Liz? She's better known as the woman who says "Pop!" in the Cell Block Tango. Yup, I've only listened to the movie soundtrack, and seen a few clips, but her part I fell in love with instantly. I can't dance much, so Chicago is really out of my element. But still....POP!

- Ursula or Ariel from the Little Mermaid(yes, it's becoming a musical now...). Ariel rocks, but Ursula pwns.

- Mrs. Lovett from Sweeney Todd. *sings* "Yes Mr.Todd, ooh Mr.Todd...what is that sound?" When it comes to Mrs. Lovett, what's NOT to love? Besides the fact that she...at the end...yeah...no spoilers from me.

- Eliza Doolitte from My Fair Lady. Yes, another cliche lead role. This one isn't possible, though. I fear her high notes, and end up making this weird dying-cat-sound. Yeeaahh...But the accent would be fun to do. "Jus' you wait, 'Enry 'Iggins!"

- Ms. Hannigan(sp?) from Annie. Pfft...forget the child roles. I want some ironic female roles! Gimme the awesome solos. "Lit-tle girls...lit-tle girls..." And thanks to an awesome comedian lady who did Ms. Hannigan in one of the best film versions of Annie ever, any vocal mistakes can be turned to the result of a drunken stupor!

- I'm a gal, but the best role ever would be to play Percy from The Scarlet Pimpernel. Percy is...wow...he is the coolest. He gets to act like a complete fop at points, they get this jolly little number, he's a total Brit, and he's all noble and stuff...and he's hilarious. What more can a dreamer ask for in a dream role?

- Rizzo from Grease. Another one of my attempts to find a strong mezzo character to play. Her solo is smooth and moving if done right, and the sarcastic role would be a little hard to grip, but it would be nice.

- The Godmother from Cinderella. I just recently looked itno it, but I think I could pull it off. Cinderella's role would irk me, though. Vocally and characteristically. I've never been able to get past the fact that she submitted to her stepfamily like that. I know, it's unreasonable, but it irks me, nonetheless. It would be cool to play a side role who finally gives her 'the push'.

- Viola from Twelfth Night. This is seriously my FAVORITE Shakespearean play! And Viola gets to do all this awesome cross-dressing - which I've always carried a love for - and makes this woman fall in love with her, and she falls in love with the guy who's supposed to marry the gal who falls in love with her...and....and...*breathes* Shakespeare ROCKS, as does this role! I'd have to know how to act though, so...*sigh* To dreamers, be thou content with the clouds of the imagination....

- Oh, and Helena from Midsummer Night's Dream. Because Helena seems like such a dramatic, fun role to play. But everyone wants one of the leads, and I can't act, so yet another 'just a dream'.

- Puck! From A Midsummer Night's Dream. Because Puck CAN be played by a female. Making all the blunders, having all the memorable lines, that would be awesome.

And assuming I have some Operattic abilities...the operas I'd love to play in would be...

- ..any...:D

- To be more specific, Cherubino from The Marriage of Figaro. Because pants roles are what the mezzos are all about. Well, not really...but they are the coolest, IMO.

- Any female in Die Zauberflote. Papagena would be cool, too. And not too far-fetched, right? *skitters off to look at the range of Papagena's role*

Sufficient of a list? I'm just getting into this stuff, so the list is prone to growth...

MaskedNicci's Profile Send Private Message MaskedNicci's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Legend | Gender: Male | Age: 24 | Posts: 12 | Roses: 10
Old 06-28-2007 at 07:15 PM
Bohemian-Vampire-Kid
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17] »

Wicked-Boq
Les Miserbles-Marius or Enjorlas
The Phantom of the Opera-The Phantom
RENT-Mark or Roger
Beauty and the Beast-Beast or Gaston
Chicago-Amos Hart
The Producers-Max Bialistock or Leo Bloom
Bohemian-Vampire-Kid's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Ran | Gender: Female | Age: 27 | Posts: 1,118 | Roses: 84
Old 07-18-2007 at 06:20 AM
PhAnToMeSs07
Wandering Child
House Patron
Random Ran

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [18] »

There are quite a few and I actually hope to make some of these more than just dreams. I want them to be reality. These are in order from what I want the most to what I want the least:

-Wicked: Elphaba because she is the most awesome character in the world. I mean, she makes so many changes throughout the play and she grows so much. She takes an emotional, physical, and mental journey and it is obvious. I just love the depth to it. Glinda is a great part too; however, I am a brunette with brown eyes and I don’t have a high squeaky voice. :)

-Rent: Maureen is just an incredible character that I would give anything to play. Not only is it fun, but it’s full of raw energy and passion.

-Spring Awakening: Wendla or Ilse...Although this is a fairly new musical, their parts are very soulful and deep, maybe a bit depressing, but they really speak to me.

-Phantom: Christine, which is so cliche...who doesn’t want to play Christine although she is way out of my range I think.

-Les Miserables: I just got the soundtrack to this and I fell in love with it. I would have to say I would want to play Fantine or Cosette. They are touching parts and I loved the book even before I heard the musical.

-Aida: Anyone see a common thing for wanting Idina Menzel roles...:) Amneris...although she is typically a character I wouldn’t like, I love the song My Strongest Suit. I would love to just be belting it out. It’s great!

-Beauty and the Beast: Belle, which is another cliche part, but she is great.

-Chicago: Velma Kelly...I don’t know why I want this part but I do. All I can think about is “All That Jazz!”

That is all I can think of for now, perhaps more will come to me later.

I just wanna be alone now with the dark and the light. That's my favorite color blue there

As the sun sets in the sky, there's just something in the hue there in the corner of my eye
PhAnToMeSs07's Profile Send Private Message PhAnToMeSs07's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 07-19-2007 at 12:15 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [19] »

After getting the Wicked soundtrack, I changed my mind on whom I would like to play.

Wicked: Galinda. There is no way I can hit Elphaba's lower notes, but I can hit Glinda's high notes just fine and with eaze and without my voice craking.
Or perhaps Nessa.

Beauty and the Beast: Like Ran said, its a cliche part, but I think I could do it. And it wouldn't take on the whole getting into character part. I took quizzes at Disney world and out of all of the Disney movies ever made, I am most like Belle and Tinkerbelle.

Guys and Dolls: Adalaide

Evita: Eva Peron

Rent: A member of the orchrestra

Phantom (Yeston and Kopit): Christine (because I won't sound like a yappy Chihuahua like Glory did...)

Another little short list.

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Ran | Gender: Female | Age: 27 | Posts: 1,118 | Roses: 84
Old 07-19-2007 at 06:05 AM
PhAnToMeSs07
Wandering Child
House Patron
Random Ran

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [20] »

Alright, so I thought of some more today and I decided to add them to the list:

Cabaret: Sally Bowles

Grease: Sandy or even Rizo...I think she is great.

Cats: Any of them...I love them all.

Song and Dance: Emma

The Wild Party: Kate..."Give me a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken, and I’ll conquer the world!” I love that line...it’s hilarious.

I just wanna be alone now with the dark and the light. That's my favorite color blue there

As the sun sets in the sky, there's just something in the hue there in the corner of my eye
PhAnToMeSs07's Profile Send Private Message PhAnToMeSs07's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote