The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » The Lair of the Phantom » Persian Music Box
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 28 | Posts: 1,907 | Roses: 0
Old 05-04-2005 at 03:27 AM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Les Misérables  Post [1] »

Is anyone else here a Les Miz fan? I sure am. :D When I was little, my older sister played Eponine in a high school production. I've lately fallen back in love with the show (though I've never gotten to see a professional production) and have bought the special edition cast recording. I think I love Les Miz almost as much as POTO! :)

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Steve | Gender: Male | Age: 28 | Posts: 2,021 | Roses: 35
Old 05-04-2005 at 08:31 PM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

I’ve heard my many other friends ranting about the opera but I’ve never seen it myself actually. It takes place in Paris, as far I know, so what is the opera basically about?
The Phantom's Profile Send Private Message The Phantom's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Shadow/Han Solo/Brittany | Gender: Chipette | Age: 27 | Posts: 1,488 | Roses: 40
Old 05-04-2005 at 10:03 PM
Forgotten Angel
Wandering Child
House Patron
[Greed] I AM the Mafia!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] »

Hm... I thought I posted in here before, but I guess not.

I actually think this IS my favorite musical/opera. There's just something about it that I love. My parents don't like it, and a lot of friends don't like it (for one reason or another), but I just love it to death. :D My favorite character is Gavroche, then Eponine. I guess I have a thing for the Thenardier children.

Steve, this is a site with a pretty good synopsis and whatnot for you. ;) Click Here

I have the 3-disc full symphonic cast recording (yes, the one with Lea Salogna, the great goddess of song), the 2-disc American OCR, and the 2-disc British OCR. I guess obsessed is a good word for me. ^_^

So, what's everyone's favorite songs from Les Miz? My personal favorites are "On My Own," "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables," and "Master of the House." :)

All [alone] he [turns] to [stone]
While [holding] his [breath] half [to] death.

[Terrified] of [what]'s [inside].
Forgotten Angel's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 28 | Posts: 1,907 | Roses: 0
Old 05-06-2005 at 12:16 AM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] »

Well, here is the official site, which contains a very good synopsis of the plot. It also has a few short clips from the songs. I highly reccomend Les Miserables to anyone who likes musical theater. It's depressing, yes. But the story is fantastic nonetheless.

<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Posts: 35 | Roses: 10
Old 05-07-2005 at 08:27 PM
Mystery
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5] »

I like Les miserables, it is probably one of my favorites aside from Poto and Wicked. I can play some of the music on my piano and I have the soundtrack, it is amazing yes. I love teh song "Castle on a cloud" and "On My own." and "At the end of the day."
Mystery's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2005 at 05:55 PM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6] »

I think my favorite songs are "Stars," "On My Own," "Do You Hear the People Sing?" and "Master of the House." I'm really upset that the medley we're playing in band doesn't have "Stars" or "Empty Chairs." It has: "At the End of the Day," "I Dreamed a Dream," "Master of the House," "On My Own," and "Do You Hear the People Sing?"

I'm currently recording my audition pieces for PFN's Les Miz cast recording, for when the site finally returns. I think I'm most likely to get Javert, since I have about the same range as Phillip Quast, but I'm trying out for all the other male roles too, just in case. ;)

Name: Shadow/Han Solo/Brittany | Gender: Chipette | Age: 27 | Posts: 1,488 | Roses: 40
Old 05-10-2005 at 12:19 PM
Forgotten Angel
Wandering Child
House Patron
[Greed] I AM the Mafia!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7] »

Speaking of Lea Salogna... :D Isn't she a goddess of music? I mean... wow... that voice! I love listening to the Miss Saigon OLC because, besides being fantastic, it also has Lea's voice for a little more than half of it. ^_^

All [alone] he [turns] to [stone]
While [holding] his [breath] half [to] death.

[Terrified] of [what]'s [inside].
Forgotten Angel's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 27 | Posts: 333 | Roses: 10
Old 05-10-2005 at 12:21 PM
cinty
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8] »

I have heard all the music from it and my friend played Little Cosette in a big production of it several years ago. however, my dad wouldn't let me see it, he said I was too young, and I still feel upset about it. I love the music of it. It's incredible. I have also seen the NON musical movie, with Liam Neeson, Geoffrey Rush, Claire Danes and Uma Thurman. that movie is wonderful. I hope to see it on stage someday!

Please join:Erik\'s Phans!,Exceptional Beauties and Erik\'s Lair
I am a Raoul/Christine shipper and PROUD of it!!!
cinty's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 32 | Posts: 70 | Roses: 10
Old 05-10-2005 at 12:49 PM
wolfwynd
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9] »

'Miz is one of my favourite musicals of all time. It was my first musical. My favourite songs are "Stars", "I Dreamed a Dream" and "Bring Him Home". My favourite character is Javert and my favourite performers ever to grace the Les Mis stage are: John Owen Jones (Valjean, London 1999), Phillip Quast (Javert - OAC, TAC), Jerome Pradon (Javert -2002 London), Anthony Warlow (Enjolras, CSR), and Ramin Karimloo (Enjolras 2004-5 London)
wolfwynd's Profile Send Private Message wolfwynd's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 27 | Posts: 333 | Roses: 10
Old 05-13-2005 at 03:02 PM
cinty
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10] »

Has anyone noticed that nearly every person who has starred in Phantom has also starred in Les Mis?that ought to say someting about what I consider about the best two musicals written in modern times.... For example, John Owen Jones and Anthony Warlow have both played the Phantom as well. It's very interesting. They are both so marvellous!

Please join:Erik\'s Phans!,Exceptional Beauties and Erik\'s Lair
I am a Raoul/Christine shipper and PROUD of it!!!
cinty's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote