Name: Chase Fowler | Gender: Male | Posts: 12 | Roses: 10
Old 12-26-2011 at 05:19 PM
TheOtherErik
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Some 'Newbie' questions  Post [1]

So I just created my account today, so I'm really new. Under the profile editing, there is a section about a Roleplaying character, and there biography. Forgive me, but I'm quite lost. How does this work, because I would really love to start an RP, but I guess I need to do this first.
TheOtherErik's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 12-26-2011 at 11:33 PM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

It's cool. For someone knew it' easy to get lost. I know I was and sometimes still do even after my years as a memeber here.
I love to RP so hopefully this many answer your question/s.

The friest thing you should do it read the rules to the RP part of the forum found here: http://www.phantoms-opera.com/showthread.php?t=3010

You then make up a character. What they look like, how old they are ect. Everything to fill this part/questions out:

Username:
Character:
Occupation: (Dancer, opera singer, stage hand, performer etc. to whatever your heart desires. If this is unacceptable then I will ask you to kindly edit!)
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Other:

You would then post these answers in a NEW thread under this section of the forum in your characters name:

http://www.phantoms-opera.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52

Now, if I remember correctly your first character doesn't have to be approved by a memember of staff, though it is good/nice to ask them.

Once that it done you then can start RP.

You can P.M memebers of the RP part of the forum to do thread with you or simply ask by leaving a message in either one or two places.

The genral place is here: http://www.phantoms-opera.com/showthread.php?t=4604

And the other place is found here: http://www.phantoms-opera.com/forumdisplay.php?f=147

In the 'unmasking' part of the RP forum. The unmasking part is also something you'll need to do for your character. Make a NEW thread with your characters name as the title and then write a little about your character. Mostly what makes them tick.

Remeber in the long run you are allowed to have 4 characters but remember they MUST be approved by the staff.

I hope this answers any questions you may have. If not please feel free to P.M me.

Hope to see you around.

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: J | Gender: Homo Sapien | Age: 35 | Posts: 2,176 | Roses: 0
Old 12-27-2011 at 02:51 AM
Daroga
Opera Manager
House Patron
Lead Discipline Cult of Sam

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

5 Roses to witch for being so helpful... Even I hate looking up all those links though I do know they help. ;)

My name is J and I'm on of the Admins here. Everything witch told you was correct but I saw you had a slight problem with the execution. No problem you are not the first nor will you be the last to not quite notice that addendum to the rules that this Role Play is set in the 21st Century.

But I do sincerely hope that doesn't deter you from role playing here. I love your enthusiasm and your bio (other than that one not so minor technicality) was pretty good. So I do hope you take another crack at it and stick around to try RPing with us.

If you have any questions or want someone to glance over your next bio before you post it... Please feel free to PM myself or any of the other lovely mods we have here or any of our delightfully helpful members like Natalia...

Hope to see you around!

Max | Pieter | Polaris | Phoenix | Protagonist | I love Sam <3
<b><i>Daroga</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 12-27-2011 at 06:19 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

Thanks. I just wanted to ask as I do try to help the new members but the first character. Did you need to get that one approved or is the first still (for lack of a better word) free?

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: J | Gender: Homo Sapien | Age: 35 | Posts: 2,176 | Roses: 0
Old 12-27-2011 at 06:43 AM
Daroga
Opera Manager
House Patron
Lead Discipline Cult of Sam

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

Technically... the first one is still free (so to speak). As our new friend has unfortunately discovered that doesn't mean the rule police aren't still watching.

We want and encourage you to have creative freedom but we will have to make sure the new characters are still within the guidelines.

To be honest this is a bit harder with the first character than the others because you are getting used to the rules. But we don't want to give you the overpowering "you must seek our approval" feeling at first. So we are trying to work more WITH you...

Erik, or Chase if I may, I do hope you understand that.... We are a friendly bunch I swear. We don't bite and if we do, we've had all our shots so its more of a love nip ;) kidding....

Max | Pieter | Polaris | Phoenix | Protagonist | I love Sam <3
<b><i>Daroga</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Jessica | Gender: female | Posts: 4 | Roses: 10
Old 05-12-2017 at 11:44 PM
phantomsphan0507
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6]

Hello everyone. I am new on here, I just happened upon it online and I have a question. I am just curious; years ago there was a website that was simply Phantom of the Opera.com and people would post their phics on their and discuss all things POTO etc.

But when I went to look for it a while ago I could no longer find it and now that I found this website, I am curious if this is the same one just under a new name or is it a rejuvenation of the old one? or something totally different?

Thanks!
phantomsphan0507's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote