The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Grand Stage Productions » The Paris Opera House » La Ville Lumičre
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 02-12-2017 at 02:28 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [31] »

Cara Blaze Andovea

Giving your heart to someone was always a risk, a gamble with a 50/50 chance of it being handed back to you in pieces, if at all. It had been something Cara had debated more than once since her return.

When her father had died she had watched her mother slowly lose her will to live, her heart unable to take the loss it was something Cara had been forced to come to understand, face and battle with.

When Mark had entered her life she had no idea about the rollercoaster that love would take her on but had she regretted it? The ups the downs, the pain...the fact that it still troubled her or that she still didn't know for sure if Charles worried about it?

It had been in the meeting of Charles that she had been forced to question if she could love again, move on when before him she didn't care if she ever unlocked her heart again. They had both noted when she had finally taken Mark's ring off from around her neck trying to put the past behind but still, he had left.

"Took off for D.C... took the kids... I followed and we tried to make it work but she found someone else and I guess you could say she... lost interest in us. He's a lawyer... so is she... they have more in common I guess... and I was working too much."

Her head came up. It wasn't the first time that Teresa had left him if she remembered correctly. One might have said this should have been a clue, that it had been doomed from the start but... love was love, it was beyond logic or reason, or time.

It was in this understanding that Cara said none of the one-liners: 'You're better off, there are other fish in the sea, it's her loss ect.' instead, all she offered up for words was herself an offer to not go through this alone and to remind him that he wasn't alone.

One might think to dwell on the subject, if given the time but having lingered on it for awhile Cara thought to change it, move on.

"Well I'm not as young as I used to be..."
he said in answer to her question to his health.

"None of us are."

"But I am no more worse for ware."

"Glade to hear it." she smiled feeling Cody moving slightly making her reach down and pat him.

"You know... I have an extra room if you want it... Olivia and Parker have been sharing a room since Teresa left... you are welcome to sleep there until your... boyfriend gets back.. You could do a painting lesson tomorrow if you wanted."

"You wouldn't mind?" she questioned her mind thinking it over. "But just so you know Charles is....h..he hasn't left I....I just thought we both....needed time. I...I couldn't go back to his place and mine, well...." She let out a breath "You wouldn't mind someone bumping around in the middle of the night? Another women in the house or..." Her mind wondered for a second "The rumors it might course?"

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 24 | Posts: 4,279 | Roses: 0
Old 02-13-2017 at 03:06 AM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [32] »

Calvin Booth

Calvin always looked after own. He was fiercely loyal both as a friend and a lover. Perhaps that was why Teresa leaving him had hurt him so much. It had been the first time he had been hurt by his tendency to stand by the people he cared about. When the mine had been hit in the road by the truck in front of them the driver had veered to the right, causing another mine to go off. Calvin and six other men were thrown from both vehicles. He remembered staring at blurry forms in green, coming out of the brush and dragging them away. He wondered momentarily how they knew where the land mines were before he lost consciousness from a blow to the head. He would wake up some time later with a terrible headache and now close. The complete darkness of the underground cell had been disorienting. The wet damp floors smelled of mud and decaying flesh. He had wondered how many people had died there before him. He felt a rat run over his foot and he contemplated how many of them had chewed on his exposed flesh. He learned that the other six men were in there with him. Over the next two months they would starve and torture each of them. Calvin stood up for one of the men that was a special favorite to torture and he had become the favorite for a few weeks. The torture included pounding the bottom of his feet with a hammer until he bones were broken. it was effective in keeping them from fighting back or running away. It was the most intense physical pain that Calvin had ever known.

Yet none of that compared to the emotional pain of the broken heart.

He was grateful for Cara's assurances that she was there for him. Some times friends were the best remedy for getting through times such as these. It was one of the reasons he extended an invitation to Cara to stay the night with him and his kids in the room the used to Teresa's office. it was now completely cleaned out except for a sofa bed that he was certain would be fine for the girl and her dog. It was the least he could do and Calvin wanted to ask her about Mark's disappearance. As her friend he wanted to go back through the casework and make sure that every thing had been done thoroughly. It was the least he could do for a friend. Cara had also asked him about his health and he recalled with some fussiness when he had been diagnosed with swelling around the inner lining of his heart. It had required a series of treatments that had taken him back to the states a few times as well. It had also slowed him down but after returning to the gym and some intense workouts he was able to get back to some level of physical fitness that he could live with and that could help him do his job adequately.

Cara seemed to perk up at the thought of not having to go home alone. He didn't want her to have to wallow in her own loneliness, just like he didn't want to wallow in his. "You wouldn't mind?" she asked, clearly unsure about the offer. She seemed to have some thing on her mind and Calvin wondered what it was. "But just so you know Charles is....h..he hasn't left I....I just thought we both....needed time. I...I couldn't go back to his place and mine, well...." She seemed to sigh and the subtle breath that she let out told him all he needed to know about her feelings of going to her own place. Likely far too many memories of her late, disappeared husband. "You wouldn't mind someone bumping around in the middle of the night? Another women in the house or..." she seemed to have more reservations that Calvin had originally thought. That was alright, he didn't want her to feel obligated ot take the offer. "The rumors it might cause?" She finally and Calvin smiled, he couldn't help it. The girl was almost young enough to be his daughter. Perhaps there would be some people who thought that Calvin would rock the cradle in such a way... as the saying went.

He smiled and stood up. "Look... I don't care if you don't care..." he said, grabbing his coat and draping it over his arm. He came around the desk but didn't get too close, he wasn't sure that he trusted Cara's furry friend yet and he had his fair share of dog bites on the job. "Shall we go... its late and my children are earlier risers..." he told her with a smile. He hoped that Cara wasn't planning on sleeping in. As soon as Parker found out that Cara was there he would want to wake her up immediately. "Shall we go?" he asked, ready to set off his apartment.

OOC: We can move it to Calvin's apartment if you want. Unless you wnat to post once more here and I can post in Calvin's apartment to start. Let me know.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Erica | Gender: Female | Posts: 3 | Roses: 10
Old 05-09-2017 at 09:56 PM
*WanderingChild
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [33] »

Rebecca Cross

The smell of the station made her sick. Rebecca strummed her fingers along the desks of the main lobby of the Police Station. It brought back many days and long nights. It's funny to think how much good she thought she had been doing back then. That shiny badge she wore she thought had defined who Rebecca Cross was when really, it hid her from the truth. Being here brought a metal taste in her gums. Law enforcement. The good vs. evil battle. There was a big bad world out there with big bad people who take matters into their own hands. The justice system was child's play.

So why was she there?

Rebecca stopped in front of the office of Calvin Booth. Something in her throat that she didn't want to define tightened in her throat. What a dam*n mess. Ex partners was just as dramatic as ex lovers. She had turned her back on the department and her partner. Rebecca Cross shouldn't have even stepped foot in the police station given the stakes of her life at the moment, but she at least owed Calvin the curtesy of telling him she was alive. How entertaining would it be to tell him the war she was bringing into town along with her? It brought a darkness to the whole, 'Hi honey, I'm home.... with a gang of mobsters trailing along with me...'

Sliding into his big chair, she stared at the doorway. She could only imagine how she looked right now. The station ghost. Her face looked like a chew toy and her sweater clung to her small frame. Rebecca Cross the ghost of ex partner past.

She was just there to tell him she was alive. Nothing more. But why did she give a sh*t?
*WanderingChild's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 24 | Posts: 4,279 | Roses: 0
Old 05-10-2017 at 03:27 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [34] »

OOC: This should be interesting. BIC:

Calvin Booth

It had been a rough night. Calvin had been called in the early evening to the home of a family that lived on the wealthier side of life… okay the side that Calvin never dreamed he would see. The family had two children. Emphasis on had…. That evening, when the couple had been pulling out of the driveway to go for a night out on the town. Their ten year old daughter and three year old son were supposedly in the house, a neighbor had been instructed to keep an eye on them until they got home in few hours. Calvin understood what that was like, now that he was formally dating Evea he would frequently let Cara take his kids on the weekend so he and Evea could have one night a week to themselves; even if that was just staying at home and enjoying each other’s company. Calvin wasn’t sure if this thing with Evea was going to be long term but he enjoyed her company and the passion that existed between them wasn’t some thing he had felt in a long time. Anyway… as the parents pulled out the driveway they heard a noise. Little did they know until the father got out that they had run over their three year old child. The police had been called immediately and Calvin had been asked specifically to go out, take statements from the family members and do his best to comfort them until other family could arrive from across the city. It had been a draining encounter to the say the least. Calvin had seen many things in his life that had made him feel physically sick but being a parent himself this had almost been too much. He had remained professional and kind, though the words were difficult to find he did the only thing he knew he could do… sit with them until it was time to take the body of their child away, and write down the statements they gave with shocked faces and tear stained cheeks. Now as Calvin pulled back into the precinct he sighed.

He needed a drink.

Climbing out of the car he tried to ignore the sensation that his tie was suffocating him. There were night where he felt like this job was getting to hard for him… or maybe he was just growing soft. Regardless he made his way into the department, asked the front desk that he have a no interruptions for a few minutes and then slipped into his office without turning on a light. The moment he closed the door he loosed his tie and took a full breath, as if the accessory had been choking him. Within that sigh were all the emotions he had felt in the last few hours. The fear of losing a child was raw on his mind as he moved to his mini fridge and pulled out two beers. It was a habit. He always drank with the ghost of his partner after things like this. The amusing thing was he felt as if he could see her this time. Standing there, in the shadows, the lamp on his desk revealing her features just enough that he knew she looked as he always remembered her. “I’m getting to old for this…” he muttered more to himself as he moved with his beer over to his desk, not looking at the ghost of his past. He opened a file, the name Damon Caffrey scribbled across the top. The FBI had called him. They had called him not because they wanted him to be an FBI agent but because they wanted to call one of the military’s best sniper’s out of retirement to take care of someone. The criminal had broken out of prison twice, was accused of killing two government workers; though Calvin had yet to see the proof of that, but he had a rap sheet longer than a child’s wish list at Christmas and that was worth a long drink of his beer as he sat down.

Still the ghost of his partner stood there, staring at him, almost unblinkingly. Calvin hadn’t bothered to turn on the lights because he wanted to sit here with her memory, alone and in the dark. To recall times when, had they gone through some thing like this together they would have gone out for beers and take out. Now Calvin sat her, pathetically… drinking alone. The last time he’d had a day like this he’d gone to the Rouge and then gone home with the Russian dancer Evea Perry… and now they were dating… sort of. It was confusing because after his divorce almost two years ago he was struggling to let himself label the relationship. Nothing good ever came from labeling. He had committed himself to Teresa twice and twice she had all but ruined him emotionally. The fact that she had started sleeping with another man before the divorce was final with no effort to hide it from their two young children was worth another drink of his beer. He glanced up at the ghost of Rebecca again, she still stood there, like a statute, but the look of inexplicable emotion on her face made him wonder… just for a moment… but he quickly shook it off. He’d drove himself crazy before believing that Rebecca had come back. He thought he saw on the street…. Drinking coffee in a cafe… here in his office… far too many times before… but Calvin couldn’t shake the fact that it felt so real. “If I didn’t know any better I would say…” Calvin began but then the phantom of his memories seemed to materializing, taking a step out of the shadows and into the light, her face bruised her clothes disheveled. Her hair looked different somehow and Calvin knew it wasn't a memory.

The cop stood up far too quickly, his eyes narrowing… “Bones…” he began… almost disbelieving… he moved around the desk too quick for her retreat if that was her wish. He lifted a hand slowly, deliberately to her face. “Bones…” the nickname he had given her back in college escaping his lips almost like a whisper...a secret between them. He felt her skin beneath his finger tips but he also felt her stiffen… this was not a ghost… Calvin had to tell himself that he wasn’t losing his mind with the difficulties of the day… that the partner he had loved and adored had come back… though he could tell that she had changed in more ways than he would ever understand. For the longest moment he stood there- they stood there- in complete silence; their face inches apart, one of his hands on her shoulder and the other cradling her bruised face. Then the moment passed and his voice hardened, letting some of the anger come through. “Where the hell have you been?... You didn’t even leave a note…” he said accusingly, as if she were a runaway child. Though to be fair he hadn’t either… they had abandoned each other in the worst possible way… and now here they stood and Calvin wasn’t sure what was going to happen next.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Erica | Gender: woman- hear me roar! | Posts: 2,032 | Roses: 181
Old 05-10-2017 at 04:37 PM
WanderingChild<3

House Patron
Does anyone write anymore?

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [35] »

Rebecca Cross

Two beers. Silently Rebecca smiled in pity. After all this time Calvin couldn't adjust to her being gone. Something in her chest... Wait, no. Something usually would swell in her chest at this moment. Mourning of what once was, sadness for how disheveled he looked and lost, or something- anything. Rebecca Cross felt nothing. That was scary to her, feeling numb. After everything it should have been a present. She should be thankful. D*mn, she really needed that brewski.

When his eyes looked right at her she felt naked. Calvin struggled to make out her figure. He was struggling to even realize she was still there. When he continued with his business Rebecca sighed and took a step into the light. She hated this part. The big reveal. Just like in Jean's apartment. 'Hello, here is my mutilated face but I can't tell you why!' This time her ex partner was seeing her and not her ghost. She swallowed hard as he shot up from behind his desk. He looked worn out. He looked... Well, like her Calvin Booth she always knew. But it wasn't the same.

"Bones..."

Rebecca stiffened at the old nickname, the numbness in her chest beginning to evaporate. He moved in on her slowly, bringing up a soft hand to cradle her cheeks. She held her breath and looked into his eyes. "Bones..." She didn't like that anymore. It reminded her of someone she use to know. A version of herself that was far from the truth. Hiding behind the badge, fighting the bad guys, but hey... a person can't fight genetics.

Then, the normal reaction for her leaving came.

“Where the hell have you been?... You didn’t even leave a note…”

She laughed right in his face and took a step back to get away from his touch. Swiping the second beer from his desk, Rebecca opened the cap using the side of the desk and took a big swig. She helped herself to the edge of his desk and hunched over, taking a sideways gaze at him. "Let's not play the 'where have you been' game, okay?" She murmured, "What's that saying? Payback is a b*tch?" She looked at him challengingly. While they were partners working a case, Calvin had left without saying a word. It was before Jean when someone may say they both were developing feelings for one another. A man and woman that were partners usually did. Came with the territory. But before they could explore anything... poof.

"I didn't come here to fight with you, Calvin." She decided, looking down at her beer and tracing the rim of it wit her finger. "I came to tell you I was back, I'm okay, and to make sure..." Rebecca Cross blinked up at him, "You got my badge I turned in before I left."

<b>WanderingChild<3</b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote