The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Grand Stage Productions » The Paris Opera House » Le Moulin Rouge
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 03-20-2017 at 12:04 PM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [41] »

OCC: Been awhile since I've gotten a reply on last thread so...
For Evea and Damon

Evea Perry

Another long night spent working, that was just the way it was when working at the Rouge, thank god it was the weekend and she had this one off. As Evea made her way to her dressing room she couldn't help but wonder if she'd be seeing Calvin again.

Since she had first met him they had been, well, kind of seeing each other that night spent together turning into something more, though what that 'something' was neither of them were quite sure....yet but there had been a spark between them and it helped her to believe (along with her meeting of his son) that something could form between them.

As she rounded the corner, turning on the light and walked to her change table she couldn't help the song that entered her mind as she thought about him.

You give me fever, when you kiss me
Fever when you hold me tight
Fever in the morning
Fever all through the night

And not just a fever. He made her heart race, his touch and kisses always seeming to linger and it wasn't just that they seemed to have between them, it wasn't just physical but mental as well, they just, seemed to understand each other fears, hopes.

She smiled into the mirror taking the pins out of her updo and letting her golden hair fall over her shoulders to brush over the top of one of her favorite dresses. She had worn it while she had sung tonight though now she'd be slipping it off IF the zipper didn't get stuck again.

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 24 | Posts: 4,279 | Roses: 0
Old 03-26-2017 at 09:43 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [42] »

Damon Caffrey

Damon had been in a good mood most of the week. His undercover gig as a psychologists at the Opera House kept him engaged and fascinated and being able to wander the beautiful building satiated his incessant need for the finer things in life. He had spent part of the morning, laying across the theatre seats, gazing thoughtfully up at the beautifully painted ceiling; contemplating whether he could do as impeccable a job as him. Damon confidently mused that he could as the sound of rehearsal struck up, he rose, stretched and headed back to his office. It was as he was walking that he got a phone call that he was not anticipating. It was Mozzy. One of his friends that had been in the business with him from the beginning and even before. Damon had learned a lot from him and he was one of the few people in the world that Damon actually trusted to have his phone number. He waited to get into his office before he answer it, taking it like a business call; anyone listening would think it was work related. Damon checked the clock over his desk, he had an hour before his next appointment and since it was a Friday afternoon he doubted anyone would disturb him or make a surprise visit. He sat down in the chair; kicked his feet up and gazed at the ceiling as he answered the phone with his alias of Dr. Salvatore. Mozzy gave the greeting they had agreed upon which would tip Damon off that it was okay to drop pretenses and go forward with the conversation. Mozzy’s following words left Damon cold; slowly he leaned forward, setting his feet on back on the floor; shocked at what he was hearing.

Keller Daley was coming to Paris

He hadn’t heard from the man in years. Not since… Anastaysia… Damon had rescued the Russian girl from the grips of the hitman hired to kill her and her family. To Damon’s knowledge he had been successful with the girl’s parents though he hadn’t exactly kept tabs on her over the years. As soon as the FBI had tracked him to the estate he’d owned under a fake name… oh the years of grandeur he had lived there… he had been forced to leave it. Helga would inform him with a single phone call that the FBI had never come but Damon couldn’t risk going back. He had gone with Kate to New York, where they had been when Damon had been arrested years later. The fact that Keller had tracked him to Paris.. or perhaps it was the Russian girl he had finally located… regardless it was a problem. Keller wasn’t the kind of person you went and got mixed up with or, in Damon’s case, double crossed. He had been enlisted to get a vase from Evea’s family, a priceless Russian heirloom that Damon had planned to forge; keeping the real one and selling the fake for far too much money. Enough that Damon could afford the new line of French suits he’d been eyeing lately. But the vase had never existed, or so the girl he had rescued told him. Damon had done some digging but never found it. He wondered if she had been telling the truth; if her family had been murdered on the pretense of lie. People had been killed for less. Yet the vase was not what haunted Damon at the moment. What left a chill was the idea of having to face Keller again. Evea didn’t deserve it either. She seemed to be establishing a life for herself, and though Damon was cramping her style a little by living in her spare room on a semi regular basis; she deserved a chance to move on.

So Damon had left work as soon as his last appointment was through. Grabbing his jacket and leaving his glasses on; which were more for the act as opposed to out of actual necessity; he had gone to the Rouge to find Evea. He had watched her while sitting at the bar. Not drawing any attention to himself; drinking a martini with extra olives he played mindlessly with the fruit as he waited for her last song to finish. No doubt it was meant for the cop fellow he had seen with her earlier. Her hanging around this cop guy had been one of the reasons Damon had kept his distance a little more the last week or so. The conman recognized a cop when he saw one and he looked almost familiar. After digging, Damon realized the man was none other than Calvin Booth. Former FBI agent. Though Mr. Booth had never worked Damon’s case it still put him on edge… almost as much as having a professional hitman in Paris looking for him or the woman he had been supposed to kill years ago. Yes tonight Damon was all business and he hoped that Evea would allow him room to speak. She needed to know that she was in danger. Damon had slipped into her dressing room and was amused to find a bouquet of red roses. How cliché. Damon draped his coat over a chair and found the note that read simply. Beautiful as always. Calvin. Damon smiled and tucked the note into his pocket for safe keeping. He prowled around the dressing room for a little while, sipping on his martini as he waited. He had told someone who had tried to stop him that he was Evea’s boyfriend and wanted to surprise her. No questions had been asked afterward. It was funny how romantic gestures went unquestioned.

Damon settled himself into a chair as he heard the door open and the light come on. Evea looked stunning in her dress and Damon smiled, knowing perfectly well that the curves hugged by the dress were just as luscious as they had been all those years ago. He felt himself slightly aroused by the thought but pushed it away. He needed to stay focused. This was important. He watched her brush out her blonde hair and was amused as she moved to unzip her dress. Before she get the zipper passed a point where it had evidently gotten caught on multiple occasions he said easily. “You always seem to be undressing in front of me…” he said, standing and removing the note from his pocket. “I guess I do have that effect on some people…” he said, leaning against a wardrove he eyed with amusement then he held up the note for her to see in the mirror. “You have an admirer… no doubt your cop friend…Agent Booth… his name starts with a C…” Damon mused and then shrugged it off, seeing the look on her face he smiled. He still had the power over her; the power to create fear and send her reeling. Focus Damon… he needed to tell her why he had really come but he couldn’t help himself in having just a little bit of fun first.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2017 at 04:12 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [43] »

Evea Perry

The giddy feeling that buzzed throughout her body just couldn't be helped. Since meeting Calvin she had felt...lighter... if that was the right word for it. They shared something, something far deeper than just passion and desire (though those things were, of course, there) but also a similar past, ones that though very different somehow tied them together.

She'd known he had been there tonight, watching her for he came most nights when he wasn't working and when he found time to steal away from his kids (though she ALWAYS made sure he wouldn't be to greatly missed.) Maybe that was why she had worn the dress she had, sang the song she did and not noticed the man lurking in her dressing room as she went about getting changed.

It was at she was letting her hair down and started to unzip her dress that a voice filled the room.

“You always seem to be undressing in front of me…”

She couldn't help but jump upon hearing the now all to familiar voice. The one that made her skin crawl and her heart race coursing her to turn around quickly in her panic, hand over her heart the dress slipping from her fast moving actions falling, forgotten to the floor.

"Jesus Christ, Damon"

She watched him as he stood reminding her more and more of a demon or ghost forming from the darkness. A devil, maybe, yes, most definitely a devil for what other creature could he remind her off but the horned one himself?

“I guess I do have that effect on some people…”

Trying to ignore him, to not let him see the effect he STILL had on her she turned her back on him forgetting the mirror in front of her for a moment, at least until she saw him pulling something from his pocket, it's image quickly coming to reflect its self in the glass.

“You have an admirer… no doubt your cop friend…Agent Booth… his name starts with a C…”

Anger filled her at this. Why did he feel like he could go through her things, help himself like he owned her or something?

"You've been going through my things, again?" she questioned seeing the card he held and now spying the roses Calvin had no doubt sent. "Could you at the very least put a bell around your neck so I'll KNOW you're in the room and what's it to you away if I'm seeing someone or not? It's not like you've ever cared before."

Though she couldn't help but wonder how he even KNEW about Calvin, sure the card would no doubt give away SOME clues but....had he been spying on her?

Pushing that thought from her mind and wanting to get dressed Evea moved around him then, noting how he leaned up against her wardrobe and the clothes within.

"Are you going to move," She questioned as she found herself pressed close against him as she tried to find something, anything to cover herself. "Or would you prefer it I stand here in my undergarments while you get to whatever point it is you have for being in MY dressing room?"

Old 03-27-2017 at 04:33 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [44] »

Damon Caffrey

Damon wasn’t sure what it was that possessed him when it came to Evea, or Anastasia as he had known her when they had first met. Her pain amused him. He had brought her into his home and had protected her from the people that were trying to kill her. He had risked his life on numerous occasions to help her and when he had thought he could change he had asked her to stay. But then new jobs had come up, new jobs that required the best and Damon knew that was him. He had also met Kate, who was not taken by his charming small and dancing blue eyes. Rather, she wanted him to prove to her how much she meant to him. She wanted a price tag on it and so Damon worked to show her. Unfortunately for Evea she had been the outlet for his frustration. He felt inadequate around Kate. She had made him feel like he was never going to be good enough and to prove to himself that he could subdue any woman he had gone after Evea. He knew he had hurt her and he wasn’t proud of that. On numerous occasions as he drank his sorrows over Kate into oblivion he loathed himself for what he had done but he had never expressed it to anyone. He was even pleased to see that he wielded the power over her which he had exerted when he had been sleeping with her and using her as said outlet. Seeing her discomfort reminded him that he still had whatever it was that made women melt in his arms. Meeting Demi had reminded him of the challenge that was a woman, especially an intelligent one. While being around Evea reminded him what he could do when he conquered his prize.

He teased her for getting undressed in front of him. He was even more amused as she let the dress fall, revealing an almost translucent slip, hugging her curves and hinting at the shape of her body that had tantalized him all those years ago. She turned her back to him which amused him and so he waved the card at her in the mirror from her beloved police officer that he knew she had been spending quite a bit of extra time with. He saw the anger flash across her face before she tried to hide it but Damon saw it and he smiled. "You've been going through my things, again?" she pointed out the obvious and Damon shrugged as he slipped the card back into the roses, clearly she hadn’t seen them until that moment. "Could you at the very least put a bell around your neck so I'll KNOW you're in the room and what's it to you away if I'm seeing someone or not? It's not like you've ever cared before." she suggested and Damon scoffed to himself as he leaned against her wardrobe that held all of her clothes. She was clearly annoyed at him and likely wondering how he knew so much about her and her new beau. He wasn’t exactly stalking her but ever once in a while he would just follow her to see where she went out of curiosity. Damon also followed her merely because he was bored. He had yet to really break into Parisian society and so he was forced to look for things to do that would satiate his need for thrills and adventure. Evea provided him with a sort of thrill that he couldn’t really get anywhere else. Her fiery temper and desire to hate him, even though he was certain that deep down her feelings for him were both passionate and intense. She just didn’t know it and part of Damon was determined to wake that up. To make her want him again with a need that would consume her. This police guy just got in the way of that plan.

"Are you going to move," she asked him and he realized that she had approached him at the wardrobe, wanting to get past him to the clothes that lay within. Damon smirked slightly, debating for a moment whether he should actually let her in."Or would you prefer it I stand here in my undergarments while you get to whatever point it is you have for being in MY dressing room?" There was that fiery temper again. That clear spark of life that made him keep coming back. When he had first seen Evea again he had thought she was boring and slightly annoying. But she had not called the police on him in the time that he had been staying at her place, though he hadn’t formally moved in and he occasionally crashed on the couch of a friend. She had been loyal in that regard and he wondered why. If she hated him so much why did she not have a problem with throwing him to the wolves of law enforcement and watching him drown in the consequences of all that he had done? He tucked the thought away and decided he would ask her later; but it wasn’t the conversation for now. Now he had to tell her about a man who might be coming to kill them both. He wasn’t sure about the motives but no doubt, the possibility of Keller in Paris was a nightmare that they both shared.

As Evea reached for a dress he reached his arm across her, barring her way from the wardrobe. He braced his arm on the other side of her, boxing her in against the door that she had open. He could see a mixture of fear and resolution in her eyes. She was afraid but she didn’t want to be. “Contrary to what you might think I’m not here to annoy you…” he said softly, lowering his mouth to her ear, his lips almost touching the soft skin of her lobe. “I’m afraid I have bad news…’ he said after the moment of sexual tension had passed between them. Damon walked away from her and over to the bouquet. Pulling one of the roses out of the cluster of red he held it to a nose and took a deep breath, allowing the scent to calm him down. His sexual desire had risen to an unexpected high and he needed a moment before he turned around to the still mostly naked girl. “Bad news that both of us will need to deal with…” he continued, as he waved the rose around mindlessly. “You remember the man that almost killed you…when we met?” He asked, certain that she would never forget him. “Apparently he has tracked one of us here… we’re not sure who… but my sources tell me he might be on his way to Paris if he is not already here…” Damon informed her, waiting for her reaction. Knowing that she would not be happy to hear it.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating

Old 03-27-2017 at 05:11 PM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [45] »

Evea Perry

He was like a bug, or an illness, one you just couldn't get away from or pin down and kill. Almost like a common cold, you'd shake it only to have it come back. Or a fly always buzzing around your ear even after you'd sprayed it but like a fly or the common cold, it left you with an itch one you just HAD to scratch.

The anger that he inspired within her had sparked to life when she had first bumped into him and slowly built as he had wormed his way back into her life. Now, now it was almost raging though not quite there yet and inwardly Evea counted the seconds until it would grow out of control. It would certainly wipe that smug look off of his face.

Still, as he placed the card from Calvin back into the roses a new thought jumped into her mind. Did SHE hold some power over him? She knew he liked her body, she had always known that but was there something else. Something that would explain why he had CLEARLY followed her, wouldn't leave her alone? It was something that she issued toward him even as she knew she wouldn't be getting an answer and instead moved to hopefully get dressed.

Once again that smirked of his played at the corner of his lips as she inquired about his motives not only for standing in her way but as to also why he was even here.

As she reached out to pull a dress from its hanger she saw his arm as it reached out across her coursing her eyebrows to frown as she turned to try once more to move around him. It was then that he boxed her in.

Each hand either side of her he all but caged her against the door and despite herself, she could feel a little bit of that fear rising again whenever she was around him even more so when he leaned closer against her.

“Contrary to what you might think I’m not here to annoy you…”

Then why was his breath dancing at her ear, why could she feel the heat from his body and that smell of his aftershave that still haunted her nightmares?

“I’m afraid I have bad news…’

"Bad news?" she echoed in question finally able to take a breath as he moved away, watching as he picked up one of her roses and took a sniff.

“Bad news that both of us will need to deal with…”

Her features became bathed in question, though he had answered one question but bad news for BOTH of them. They lived VERY different lives hadn't seen each other in years aside from the child she had lost years ago, that as far as she knew he didn't know about, nothing tied them together.

"Would you PLEASE just get to the point?" she asked as he turned toward her his eyes catching her own and showing, what was that, a hint of fear she saw within them?

“You remember the man that almost killed you…when we met?”

"You mean aside from you?"

After all, he HAD been hired as part of the group that was meant to end her life that night.

“Apparently he has tracked one of us here… we’re not sure who… but my sources tell me he might be on his way to Paris if he is not already here…”

"You're lying" she spat out before thinking about it a moment longer, of all the things he could say to get under her skin this would be the worst. "Y..you have to be."

Her face went white as she remembered the hitman, her hand going to her neck, the few newer scars upon it.

"Keller."

She could feel the word spinning at that moment, her legs starting to fail her as she slid to the ground in a heap.

P.S she has NOT passed out just crumbled.

Old 03-31-2017 at 09:38 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [46] »

Damon Caffrey

Damon didn’t like to be the bearer of bad news. He had spent his life doing what he wanted in spite of the consequences and having a good time. Damon was all about a good time. Ever since he had been eighteen and his life had been derailed by the news of his fathers existence, as opposed to his death which had devastated his family fifteen years before; he had thrown himself into creating a life of honest fun. But fun took money and so Damon had started to run in circles that sought wealth as badly as he did. He made numerous connections as he used his gift to paint and his impeccable attention to detail to forge pieces of art. The idea of flying had come from a fellow con artist. How they had been planning to set up a business in the Canary Islands and it would be easier to run if they could fly there. So Damon had forged a pilot’s license, actually learned to fly from an instructor that was also in the conning business and taken to the skies. There were very few countries he hadn’t visited in the last of his teen years. Between the age of eighteen and twenty he had visited twenty six countries, often carrying out small conning jobs in the places he visited until he was scheduled to fly again. Plus he looked damn good in the uniform they gave him which was a good magnet for the woman that worked the airline. Damon rarely spent a night alone and, looking older for his age he honed his skills in seduction and flirtation, that was the time that Anastaysia had entered his life; when he decided to pull out of the Canary Islands and go local under the alias of Damon James. That was who Evea had known him as then and he had barely known her when he had taken her back to his modest apartment at the time. Then it had just been him and Helga; she took care of things when he was away and he had asked her to look at the girl who was being hunted by some inner circle of criminals that Damon had the misfortune of finding himself wrapped up in.

Though one of those men, who had failed in their attempt to kill Evea almost ten years ago was on his way to find her, or him, or both. Damon knew he didn’t have the best reputation with them and that would had probably traveled through the conning community that Damon Caffrey had broken out of prison and fled the country. Though Keller could have just as easily tracked Evea here. Damon wasn’t sure why he was trying to put the blame on himself. Damon was all about covering his tracks and following off the grid with the situation called for it. That was how he had avoided prison for almost ten years. You couldn’t catch someone who never stopped running. Falling in love and building a life with Kate and thrown him off his groove significantly. Especially since he was still so stupidly in love with her was sure that if he got a call from her asking that he turn himself in and she would come back to him he would do it. He had broken out of prison for her and he would go there for her if she asked. He suppose he should have known that their life of luxury and excitement couldn’t last forever, not with the growing search for him and his involvement in some major jobs that had gathered plenty of media attention. Yet it was the uncertainty that excited Damon, the possibility of the FBI around ever corner and his ability to stay just a few steps ahead.

That was exactly what he would do with Keller. If he located him he could easily keep an eye on his every move and avoid him entirely. Let Keller think Damon had skipped town and maybe he would go away. He informed Evea of this unfortunate mishap not to startle her but Damon believed that knowing your enemy was power and that they should both be aware of where he was at. Damon had to reign his desire to rile her up, since her reactions were just so perfect; and instead allowed himself to be serious for just a moment and her reaction was as he expected. Her face went white and Damon wondered with amusement if she would faint again. If she kept doing it she would be caught much to easily. "You're lying" she accused and Damon shook his head in amusement. Damon was a liar by trade he supposed. He made his money from the intricate web of lies he weaved, trapping those he wished within its confines; but he would never lie about a matter or such life and death as this. Evea should know him better than that. She seemed to be reconsidering her accusation; no doubt one made out of desperation "Y..you have to be." She begged, almost trying to convince herself more than him and Damon watched her hand go to her neck. He had noticed the scars but didn’t really care to ask. Everyone had scars. Damon had a nice one on his arm from when he had cut his arm jumping a fence. All a part of living. "Keller." The name was said so intently Damon was certain the man was going to come out of the closet. Fortunately for them both that dind’t happen. Instead Evea crumpled to the floor, unmoving for a moment, looking positively devastated.

Damon rolled his eyes emphatically and approached her with his jacket draped over his shoulder, ready to go if she was going to make a complete fool of herself and become incoherent from her blubbering. “Dammit Evea, stand up…” he urged, nudging her with his foot. He looked down at her, a look of disapproval on his face. He had once pitied her but the girl became such a mess under pressure that now she just exasperated him. “You keep falling apart like this and Keller with find you faster than you can change into that dress you were holding earlier” he said, tossing her the dress she had picked out earlier. Damon on the other hand decided that he needed a drink. He walked over the vanity table that he assumed belonged to another performer. Someone had to have alcohol in this damned room. Finding a bottle of brandy in a bottom drawer he turned to Evea who seemed to have pulled herself together some and he poured some of the liquid into two papers cups and brought it over to her. “Drink it. It might keep you from actually fainting and becoming a sitting duck for Keller…” he said without any amusement in his voice. He was completely serious. They would have to be smart if they were going to outsmart the professional hitman. “I told you this so we could beat him together… he wants to kill you and I’m fairly certain he isn’t just looking to have a drink with me…” he paused as he thought that over… Keller had enjoyed a stiff scotch, Damon had appreciated that about him. “So, tell me… what are you going to do?” he asked, he had a plan, but he wanted Evea to put in some effort to save her own skin before he came to her rescue as he had before.

Old 04-01-2017 at 03:49 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [47] »

Evea Perry

Keller, with one change of a letter it would reveal who and what he really was, a killer. In her mind that was who he would always be, it was what he had tried to do to her, still did some nights in her dreams, even her neck remembered the role he had played upon her life.

Hearing his name again and falling from Damon's lips it sent a whirlwind of feelings around her very being. Denial was at the forefront, it had been years since she had seen or heard of the man that had driven her into Damon's arms. She hadn't even heard his name when she had gone back to face her past....at least, not that she remembered. So why now he had to be lying though she couldn't for the life of her work out why.

She could see the smugness on his face, one that never seemed to fade and was about to bubble over but there had been that fleeting look of fear when he had told her the news and even again as she spoke their enemies name.

"Keller"

The name left a bitter taste and if Damon believed he held power over her it was nothing like the power that Keller's seemed to hold. To this day she doubted Damon knew what his 'friend' had done to her before she had escaped him, what he had done to her family and it was in remembering this, hearing the mad man's evil laugh that coursed her to crumble.

“Dammit Evea, stand up…”

For a moment she had been numb, the past and her future merging into one and none looked too bright.

“You keep falling apart like this and Keller with find you faster than you can change into that dress you were holding earlier”

Her eyes blinking taking in his words her fingers wrapped around the dress he tossed at her, her eyes watching him as he once again moved about the room, giving her a chance to collect herself and pull herself from the floor.

“Drink it. It might keep you from actually fainting and becoming a sitting duck for Keller…”

No sooner had she found her feet was a drink shoved into her hands making her wonder just where Damon had found it, though downing it quickly though she did glare at him.

“I told you this so we could beat him together… he wants to kill you and I’m fairly certain he isn’t just looking to have a drink with me…"

She couldn't help but roll her eyes at this the one word of 'we' unheard as his next words claimed her ear.

“So, tell me… what are you going to do?”

For a moment she said nothing, instead looking into the now empty cup that she held in her hand but the scare, the one on her wrist seemed to flash. The one when she had almost taken her life by slitting it with one of her knives. Her knife....it was in that instant that another memory hit her, Nisha.

"I don't know." she answered simply before taking a breath. "But I can tell you one thing. I'm NOT going to run again. He wants to kill me, fine, use me as bait I can....draw him out if nothing else."

Her eyes landed on the scare again, before traveling to the box she kept hidden under some of her clothes.

"But until then, I could talk to Calvin but...I really don't want to bring him into this. Tell me Damon, have you ever learnt to throw knives?"

Old 04-05-2017 at 04:52 AM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [48] »

Damon Caffrey

Damon poured both of them a drink. The amber liquid swished in the cup as he handed one to Evea and then poured himself one, his back to her as he watched his movements in the mirror. His dark hair slightly slicked back off his face, the shirt he wore unbuttoned enough to reveal his muscular chest. Damon had aged well. He had often been told growing up that he looked like his father. Before he had reached the age of eighteen, such comments had been a compliment. When he learned the truth about his father, that he had murdered a cop in cold blood and he was the reason he had grown up under a fake name; Damon had come to loath such remarks. He was not like his father. His father had been a terrible person, murdered people that he had taken an oath to protect. Damon had admired him as a small child, when he had been told that his father had been killed on duty saving the lives of his fellow officers. Damon had wanted to be a cop, a hero; just like him. He had learned to shoot and defend himself. When his sister had shot herself when he was fifteen he had been hesitant to continue target practice but he had kept doing it because he wanted to live up to the name of his old man. Then he had learned that his father had been nothing but a liar and betrayed his own. That was when his dream of being a cop had died and he had run away before he could graduate high school. He had gone to LA, met some people he could trust and become a con artist.

Yet his motives for doing all that he had done: forging money, beautiful pieces of art, stealing antiques, impersonating individuals in respected positions; all of it had been done to show that he was not like his father. He kept his word. He had the back of every person he had ever worked with in the conning circles. That didn’t mean he trusted easily. His trust had to be earned. The only people he had ever really trusted were Helga, an older woman he had met when he had been clothes shopping at a thrift store. She had brought in her husband’s old suits to donate to the store. There were fifteen of them at least at Damon approached, very interested in her collection. She had teased him that she reminded him of her husband and Damon had told her he wasn’t exactly your typical, good boy kind of guy. Helga had smiled and said that her husband been either. He had gambled with the worst of them, gotten into some serious trouble at times; but she knew what it was like to live on the darker side of life. Damon had admitted that he was looking for a place to live and she told she had spare apartment off her rather nice home overlooking the bay. That was how Damon had met Helga and though she had never thoroughly inquired into what the young eighteen year old did; she protected him on numerous occasions and supported him as he found his way in the world of counterfeiting and forgery. It had begun a relationship that had continued, somewhat to the present day. He had lost touch with her recently because he didn’t want to be tracked to Paris but he still wired her money under one of his aliases so that she could lead a rather comfortable lifestyle.

Damon did not regret any thing he had done up until that moment. Even as he gazed into the mirror he saw the face of a man who had traveled the world, handled some of the most beautiful things it had to offer, saved lives and ruined them at the flip of a coin. He saw a man that had lived a life of freedom in a way that some had never known. Though it had been spent on the run he had spent it doing what he wanted no matter the consequences. He had wanted to travel the world so he had impersonated a pilot. He had wanted a slower pace to life so he had become a lawyer in Louisiana. He had wanted a challenge so he had spent almost ten years forging or steal some of the most coveted pieces of the art world. He was a man with no regrets and even as he drank to the possibility of his demise with the thought of Keller tracking him down he didn’t even regret saving Evea that not so long ago. Sure she had caused him to face a sort of hell that he would not wish on anyone. She’d had the misfortune of being the recipients of some of the worst mistakes he’d ever made but he did not wish that he could take back the moment he had saved her because in that moment Damon knew that he was not his father. He was better than the man that had left his family, in danger and mourning his death that had never happened. He was better than many of the cops who looked for him because at least he was clear on his motives and his actions. They tried to cover up who they really were with acts of heroism and bravery. Damon lived his life honestly, freely and unafraid of consequences and that made him good. It was this desire to be honest and good that had led him here today, had driven him to come tell Evea what was going on instead of leaving her as an easy target for the professional hitman that had been tracking them for almost eight years.

He asked Evea what she was going to do about it. Not because he particularly cared but because he wanted her to have some kind of plan before he left her to figure things out on her own. He had no intention of hanging around with her. That would make Keller’s hunt far too easy. "I don't know." She said in a soft, almost barely audible whisper. Damon almost laughed. Well that was a good start. He poured himself another drink, mostly to keep him from rolling his eyes. "But I can tell you one thing. I'm NOT going to run again. He wants to kill me, fine, use me as bait I can....draw him out if nothing else." Damon turned and leaned against the table, his hands resting on either side of him as he gazed thoughtfully at her. He supposed that was one way to go about it. It was an incredibly stupid thing to suggest because they weren’t sure who he wanted at this point. Sure Keller had been assigned to kill Evea years ago and Damon had been brought on because he was one of the best… if not the best… art thief out there and her family was known to have some good stuff. Damon was still sad he had never seen any of it. He had even searched her current home, wondering where the hell the artifacts he’d heard so much about could be. "But until then, I could talk to Calvin but...I really don't want to bring him into this. Tell me Damon, have you ever learnt to throw knives?" Damon almost stopped listening when she said she was going to talk to her cop friend. Typical, go to the police. People thought they needed someone else to defend them when really you were smart enough to handle it yourself. You only thought you needed other people because you had never been put into a position where you were forced to rely on yourself.

As for the drastic change in subject. Damon had never really done work with knives nor had he ever cared for the activity. Damon poured himself another drink, he would be completely inebriated by the time he headed home if he wasn’t careful, though he could hold his alcohol and felt barely buzzed even after the second drink. “Evea… why the hell does it…” he began and then the idea dawned him. She wanted to kill Keller. Damon smiled. Alright he could play this game. “Ah… you want to be the hero…” he mused as he gazed thoughtfully passed her at the clothes hanging out of the wardrobe. If she was going to play the hero she would need better clothes. “Well… I guess the answer is no I don’t… are you offering to teach me?” he asked questioningly, but before she could answer he added. “because if you are… I might… be interested…” he walked over to her and refilled her class, not really carrying if she wanted more or not. “on the condition that I can do some of my handiwork on the apartment… believe it or I’m really good at setting… traps… Keller wouldn’t know what hit him.” he said with a mischievous smile… she should know; she had lived with him for almost two years.

Old 04-05-2017 at 05:30 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [49] »

Evea Perry

Life was never easy, it had it challenges ones that everyone would have to face sooner or later. The question was just what sort of challenges would be in your life. For most it came down to money, job losses, floods and fires, love and family everyone had to deal with how to survive from day to day but most people weren't hunted.

As she tried to form an answer to Damon's question about Keller she couldn't help but go back to when she had first met him. She had been walking home her eyes scanning every which way, jumping at shadows and wondering about every passer-by thinking that they could be the one out to get her. She had needed fresh air, that was the only reason her father had let her go.

It was this needing of air, to be outside and be free that had come to be her downfall. Before she had known it a knife had been cutting into her neck, hands were bound and her life had flashed before her eyes.

As she pulled herself up from the floor, took a sip from the cup Damon refilled she told him she wasn't going to run.

Sure, running had kept her safe all these years, she had traveled, learned quite a lot about different cultures but Paris, Paris had come to be her home. There were people here she had come to care about. NO, she wasn't going to run again that would be the last thing she'd do, she'd rather kill Keller then ran again.

It was in this way of thinking that Nisha came to mind, what he had taught her before he had been killed. Knives, they had been her strong point and one she questioned Damon about a plan forming in her mind.

“Evea… why the hell does it…”

Her turn to roll her eyes. For someone who claimed to be so smart sometimes, he could be rather slow....if he ever got there at all.

“Ah… you want to be the hero…”

"Hero?" she questioned. No she didn't want to play hero, she'd never amount to that role. She simply wanted it all to end, like she had years ago when she had gone to face her demons.

“Well… I guess the answer is no I don’t… are you offering to teach me? because if you are… I might… be interested…"

Why did she get the feeling there was a 'but' coming?

"on the condition that I can do some of my handiwork on the apartment… believe it or I’m really good at setting… traps… Keller wouldn’t know what hit him.”

"This isn't about conditions or playing hero Damon, this is about living. I don't know about you but I'm so sick of having to look over my shoulder every day, having someone else dictate what I can and can't do." She sighed then, letting out a breath. "Of losing everyone I love. Set your traps and lets get going."

End thread.