The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Grand Stage Productions » The Paris Opera House » The Opera Stage
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Sarah | Gender: Genderfluid. | Age: 27 | Posts: 1,031 | Roses: 10
Old 02-19-2017 at 10:20 PM
xXphantomaddictedXx
Wandering Child
Dial A For Alan.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [51] »

Saphira Anne Kingsley

She sighed, wandering quietly through the opera house. So much had changed since her last performance that it surprised her that she still knew her way around. To her, backstage was another world entirely, even if she was only a chorus member. As she rounded a corner, her lips made an 'o' of confusion; this was her private haven, so what was this young man doing here?

Saphira went up to him, all ready to chew him out for invading the place where she came to think, but something in his eyes stopped her. He seemed almost sad, or maybe wistful, and it didn't take long for her heart to go out to the unknown stranger in front of her.

"Excuse me," she said. "Are you lost? Can I help you in some way?"

There are many bodies of water in this world;

Yet none would quench my thirst for you.
xXphantomaddictedXx's Profile Send Private Message xXphantomaddictedXx's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 24 | Posts: 4,279 | Roses: 0
Old 02-26-2017 at 06:51 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [52] »

Kypton West

Kypton was trying to distract himself from the fact that Ella would be back at the end of the week. His wife was coming home. Yet it wasn’t as simple it sounded. They were reuniting after almost six years apart. The first year of their marriage had been spent blissfully together but things had taken a turn when their baby girl had been born with the cord wrapped around her neck, she had never taken a breath outside the womb. Kypton spent many evenings after work, sitting at the grave site of his little girl; a small modest headstone was the only thing that reminded him of their loss. That, and the little box the hospital had sent home with them. They had also taken a few pictures and placed them in the box complete with her birth certificate, the crocheted booties that had put on her feet, and the little dress that had put on her. It was something he had not taken with him when he left. He had left it for Ella to treasure. Numerous times, he had come home at night to find her sitting on their bed, gazing at each piece of the memory box. Despite wanting to sit with her and comfort her he would often leave her be, grabbing some leftovers from the fridge and heating them up he would turn on the tv and stare blankly at the screen, fully knowing that Ella was grieving in the other room. He should have comforted her, he should have done a lot of things.

He planned to change a lot of things once Ella got back. He had taken this job at the Opera House as a choir director, hoping to slow down and spend more time with the woman that he loved. But first he had to get through the first day of work. He wasn’t nervous, at least that’s what he told himself as he flipped through the music that the choir would be working on. It was simple enough, divided into four parts with the soprano, alto, tenor and bass parts divided into two and occasionally three parts. With it being the off season at the Opera House he doubted there would be enough people to fill all the parts. Many had gone on vacation and the corridor were abnormally empty; very different from the last time Kypton had been here when he could barely get through the foyer without feeling like he was going to be trampled or pick pocketed. Yet the slow pace added to that feeling that he was finally able to relax from years of touring and being on the road. He was preparing an album to be released at Christmas time but until around October things would be relatively calm and his main focus would be the choir that he would meet today. Part of him hoped that no one recognized him as the artist and Broadway performer that he had been for the last six years. He had spent most of the first five years touring and he had just finished a season on Broadway. There had been talking of renewing the show for another go but Kypton had politely declined, wanting to take it easy for a while.

"Excuse me," the voice pulled him from his thoughts. He looked up and spotted a young girl, pale dark haired and blue eyed. She seemed slightly irritated but also curious. He slowly closed the score, half wondering if this was one of the chorus girls. Maybe it was a stage hand that was made he was in the way. "Are you lost? Can I help you in some way?" the girl asked and he was thoughtful as he looked up the girl who seemed to only want to help. He smiled at the thought. He had been at the Opera House so much visiting Ella and, when he’d been living on the street, trying to get out of bad weather that he doubted he would get lost even if he was blindfolded. He stood and realized that he was rather taller than the small girl that couldn’t be more than 5’6’’ or 5’7’’. “Actually… I’m the newest choir director and was just reviewing the music for today’s rehearsal…” he said with a smile, not wanting to think that, if she was a choir girl she had any reason to be intimidated by him. Kypton had a warm smile and he did his best to use it now. “And you? Are you wandering around lost?” he asked, raising an eyebrow out of curiosity. “My guess is no…” he said, trailing off and wondering what this girl was doing here.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 22 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 03-16-2017 at 05:02 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [53] »

OOC: For Lashell and Demetria. BIC:

Demetria Falcon

Lying down on her stomach she tapped out the complicated rhythm of her first run in the piece for the upcoming season against her yoga mat. She was behind on practice, and frankly she knew she was going to get it finished and done, but her drive was pushing to run her to the bone. Her energy today was not where it should have been. Maybe it was the late night this past weekend or the rough morning, but she was not 100%. Why rehearse anyway? Ask a musician that question and you’ll get an ocean of answers. Hers. It filled the space until she was at 100%. Demetria’s relentless pursuit of musical perfection was unrealistic and the music never sounded the way she heard it in her mind, and that bothered her. She was rather stubborn, and when you put Demi in a bad day, she gets stubborn, and angry. Sometimes she learnt the music when she was a bit peeved and she needed to match that emotion in order to produce the same results on stage. It was almost like acting. The emotion needs to meet the needs of the performance and that can only be replicated if she actually went full out in rehearsal. Practice makes permanent after all.

Rolling over on her back, she curled up on her elbows to look up at the ghostlight in the middle of the stage. Off-season was always a depressing time. No one was around at the same time. That insanity was what she craved. Crowds of people backstage, in the practice rooms, in the pits. She relinquished some frustration and conceded to a more subdue temperament. Maybe she could be a tad easier on herself. It was only 9:34am. She glanced at her music booklet, Of course no one’s here. She hadn’t even mastered the counts there on the first staff, her violin was still in the case. Okay maybe she needed some slack on this one. She was always tough on herself.

She sat up and pulled at her yoga pants and tank top. She was getting too old for this. She looked around and saw no one around. Just the wing curtains swaying a little. Standing, she lifted her booklet on the music stand. Raising it to her height, she started to count more patiently with herself. Maybe this was a more patient piece. Minutes later she was at the first break. That wasn’t bad…she shrugged to herself. Maybe that was all for today. She started to roll her yoga mat when she heard some footsteps approaching. She paused for a moment. A small chill creped up her neck. Hearing stuff when she thought no one was around gave her the creeps.

“Anyone there…?” she asked with a small croak in her voice.

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 03-16-2017 at 05:25 PM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [54] »

Lashell Richards

How long had it been since she had last tried her hand across the horse hair strings? How long had it been since her chin had rested on a place made just for it how long had it been since she had lost herself in the notes that flowed through her mind faster than her hand could keep up? It felt like ages, even years and in certain ways it hand been.

Granted, her place at the Opera House was known as a stagehand NOT a violinist, though, she HAD filled an empty seat in the string section from time to time....when her hand allowed but even that had been years.

Flexing her fingers now as she made her way along the corridors, case in hand she tried to recall the last time her nerves had acted up. Sure, playing the different games of Skyla and her brother tested it at times making a shoot pain run up her arm but otherwise...otherwise it had been good.

So, with time on her hands, her half brother and his brother mopping around the house now felt like the perfect time to get back into it.

She had made sure to pack some old music that had been lost and all but forgotten along with some old warm ups that would hopefully get her fingers working again.

"and to believe it was a music scholarship that got me here." it was almost something to laugh at now.

The backstage of the Opera House should have been empty, it was the off season and though people always came and went it seemed less likely that anyone would be around, so that was were she was headed. It was as she almost tripped over a misplaced cord that she happened to hear a voice call out.

“Anyone there…?”

Pulled back the curtain Lashell's one uncovered eye scanned the rows and rows of seats before finally spying a shadow.

"That would depend on who you would call anyone." she stated.

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 22 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 03-17-2017 at 03:15 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [55] »

Demetria Falcon

Not a lot bothered Demetria. Walking home alone at night. She was fine. High pressure situations. No big deal. Maybe the one exception was being in a building and thinking she was alone, the second a noise out of the ordinary pops up her defenses are on. Inside a building, there were less options to escape, not like she was in direct danger. She was sure that people needed their keys and the pin to still get in at such an hour. It was really silly, but she had good cause for being a little paranoid considering that most of the time she’d assume the best. When she first started to drive on her own, she built up a confidence and senses that helped her avoid accidents at the last minute. She’d shake it off and just keep going. While her passengers cling madly to their seats, she’d call them out and tell them to calm down. Later she got into her first car accident. She was in the middle of a fender bender, granted it was her fault for hitting a car at stand still and then car behind her didn’t get to stop in time. No one was hurt, she was on her way from work, so there was no real rush for her. However the car that hit her tail was rather ticked because they were on their way to a performance that night. Luckily, the police was around to file the claim work for all three drivers and to help traffic around their little accident. Demetria was slightly embarrassed to admit that she hit the stand still car because she was adjusting back mirror. She was asked to repeat driver’s safety courses and then the accident was lifted from her record. Point being, she was just a bit of a risk taker.

When it came to most things in her life, she was a risk taker. Maybe just not the music; which was a lot of her life. She always planned, played it safe, and worked around the things that did go wrong. She craved control and focus in the music. Her choleric side crept out to play. She’d lose herself in the music and expression always filled those notes. Her technique was always aggressive and her flair was very eloquent and clear in respect of the song’s emotion.

Notice music wasn’t the same as her career music. She definitely took risks. She made it through Julliard. She made it through the pits of Broadway and even some touring companies, but she wanted the risk of exploring beyond the U.S. So France seemed to be the next stop. When she’d tour with American companies, she always loved Europe the most. There was something forbidden about this place that made her want to know more. Maybe it was the culture and everything’s rooting in history, but it felt like some parts of the city would stand still despite the bustling crowds of tourists. Blending in with tourists was the best feeling, knowing something they didn’t know and maybe even were ignorant of. It was a rush every time. It was even better to respond to a fellow Frenchman in his native tongue if she were presumed to be struggling or lost. She picked up some French, but it was truly an English friendly country, so she wasn’t too at a loss with the vast world of French grammar.

Demetria started to pace small circles to see if someone were around. She had called out to see if a person would attach themselves to the sound that she heard. Maybe it wasn’t someone at all. She even laughed at herself or thinking it was ghost at one point. "That would depend on who you would call anyone."

Jumping out of sheer shock from hearing another voice, Demetria turned to see a younger woman. She had seen her around, but she couldn’t quite place her. She looked quiet and a sense of mystery floated about her presence.

“You’re someone, definitely.” Demetria kindly assured, “But, I can’t seem to place you…I’ve seen you around you know. You work here?” she asked as she placed her yoga mat down and started to fold away her booklets.

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...

Old 03-17-2017 at 04:55 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [56] »

Lashell Richards

Yes, it would be good to get into music again, get back to her old self and who she really was. Though parts of her past were missing....and others she wished would go missing music had always helped her to relax, unwind, feel free.

The Opera House was filled with it, Paris was filled with it, it was like this unseen thread that pulled all the world together even if you couldn't always understand the words spoken in a song...or in this case an opera.

So pulling back the curtain (in more ways than one) Lashell was all top ready to take up that part of her life again.

It was only by chance that she heard let alone saw someone else within the room, a shock but not a surprise...though it seemed the other way around for the girl before her who jumped a little upon her reply.

“You’re someone, definitely.”

"Glade to hear it." though...in years past she HAD been considered somewhat of a ghost.

“But, I can’t seem to place you…I’ve seen you around you know. You work here?”

"Stagehand, mostly though I have worked in the pit from time to time. Maybe that's where you've seen me. I mean, that IS where you work right?" She could only assume but she was sure that case the other girl was holding help the same thing as hers did. "The names Lashell by the way, Lashell Richard nice to meet you."

Old 03-23-2017 at 06:00 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [57] »

Demetria Falcon

The girl stood in the wings and started to approach, pulling back a curtain. It was good to have a person to the sound Demetria had heard. It lessened the tension in her shoulder, "Stagehand, mostly though I have worked in the pit from time to time. Maybe that's where you've seen me. I mean, that IS where you work right?" A puzzle clicked in her mind. Yes. Maybe this was the girl who’d fill in for her and the other strings, "The names Lashell by the way, Lashell Richard nice to meet you."

“Demetria.” She offered her hand, “But my friends call me Demi.” She mentioned brightly, “Are you the one who’s in when a violinist is out? Like a few evening and two matinee’s last season?...Maybe that’s why I’d see you occasionally…”

Standing at a distance, she looked “What’s keeping you here during the off-season, Lashell? Rehersal’s can’t have started just yet…yeah?” Demetria started to gather her things feeling the urge to leave this woman alone. Demetria felt like she was bothering Lashell for some reason. Maybe she was too cautious in these first interactions or Demetria felt embarrassed that she couldn’t recall where she had seen Lashell before.

Old 03-26-2017 at 03:48 AM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [58] »

Lashell Richards

There were many shadows in the darkness of the Opera House, if it wasn't someone working on something it would no doubt be one of the people that lived there. The place was simply NEVER truly empty a fact that the girl before Lashell didn't seem to know surprisingly. Sure, in the off season the place was a little less hustle and bustle. The stage hands weren't pulling on ropes, moving props and other what not. The costume designers weren't busy hunched over sewing machines and the pit wasn't full of musicians but a hand full of people seemed to be a permanent fixture.

Still, putting the seeming unease of the other girl aside Lashell answered the question the other girl had put forth, though inwardly she did wonder why else someone would be at the Opera House if they didn't work there. After all, that was the reason the other girl was there, right? She wasn't just someone who had walked in off the street, wandered around the maze of the place, picked up a violin and started to play....now that would be a reason for unease and a matter for security.

Shacking THIS thought from her head Lashell offered her name hoping to put them both at ease, only to watch the other girl raise her hand and relax some, if only a little.

“Demetria.” she said “But my friends call me Demi.”

"Pleased to meet you" Lashell smiled taking the girls hand and shaking it gently.

"Are you the one who’s in when a violinist is out? Like a few evening and two matinee’s last season?...Maybe that’s why I’d see you occasionally…”

"Maybe" Lashell answered trying to recall the last time she had played. Last season, it had seemed longer than that but maybe.

“What’s keeping you here during the off-season, Lashell? Rehersal’s can’t have started just yet…yeah?”

At this Lashell couldn't help but laugh.

"No, rehearsals haven't started yet I'm sure you would have heard if they had. No doubt I'm here for the same reason you are, practice, it's been awhile for me since I last played. Besides, this place is never really empty there's always some ghost lurking around in the shadows but what about you Demi, what are you doing here hmm?"