The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Beyond the Paris Opera The Masked Ball The Final Threshold Literary Genius
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Chiara | Gender: a young lady | Age: 20 | Posts: 103 | Roses: 10
Old 07-08-2016 at 05:03 PM
Flattering Child
Wandering Child
no emperor received so fair a gift

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
'The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica' by James A. Owen  Post [1]

A fanscinating, yet peculiar, combination of mythology, fantasy, literature, fairy tales, theology, and pop culture. Also it has Dragon(ship)s, badgers and battle goats.

It's one of my most favourite serieses of all time, and I understand and notice more references and details each time I re-read them. They also have gorgeous illustrations - the author is actually a comics artist.

Flattering Child's Profile Send Private Message Flattering Child's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Michelle | Gender: none | Posts: 40 | Roses: 10
Old 07-09-2016 at 02:03 AM
Knight of Cydonia
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

This was a fantastic series! I'd forgotten about it until I saw this post and now I just want to read it all over again. It's been a long time.

I love how the author was able to tie together all the different stories we're familiar with (and not so familiar with), from fairy tales to myths. Really clever.
Knight of Cydonia's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Chiara | Gender: a young lady | Age: 20 | Posts: 103 | Roses: 10
Old 07-09-2016 at 09:09 AM
Flattering Child
Wandering Child
no emperor received so fair a gift

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

Yes, especially because of the really good research! He combined the earliest forms of the stories and their equivalents, which is really cool. It also shows how very small our world is - you can often find the same story in every culture.

Flattering Child's Profile Send Private Message Flattering Child's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote