Name: Martín Fernández | Gender: Male | Posts: 0 | Roses: 10
Old 10-19-2015 at 12:51 PM
SpanishPhantom
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Spanish "Erik" in here!  Post [1] »

Hello everyone! I am so glad i found this forum cause I never heard about forums of POTO and it was very nice to see a comunity like that!

First of all, i would like to introduce myself.

My name is Martin Fernandez and i work in the Spanish POTO. I`ve been working on there for 2 years playing the role of "Erik - The Phantom" in a concert versión of the musical, exactly as the 25th anniversary version of The Phantom of the Opera

This role made me one of the most happiest persons in the world because, as u all know, Erik is one of the best characters of all musicals, novels or movies. Playing it made me feel things i never felt before.

After that tour with the Phantom by all over Spain i`ve been nominated on the BroadwayWorld Awards as "Best Main Actor" (Mejor actor principal) for my work in The Phantom of the Opera - In Concert (El Fantasma de la Opera - En Concierto)

In Spain, musicals are not as popular as in other countries like USA or UK, in here, pop culture and pop singers are more popular and get more expectation than musicals so thats my actual problem.

This awards are special because the public is the one who vote. I had a lucky strike when i entered in POTO because i never did any musical before (just opera) and the other nominees are well known in the musical bussines so that`s why they get more voted than me.

Winning this price would not only make me be able to work in other musicals, this would make POTO be recognized as an important musical in my country so, from the spanish POTO, we would like to ask u all if u could take 3 minutes of your time to vote me in this contest.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/spain/vote2015region.cfm

Go in here and write your email. After that u will have to vote in every category (I am in the second one: Mejor Actor Principal. In this category look for "Martin Ferandez - El Fantasma de la Opera En Concierto" and click on it!

After that, u´ll have to vote in the other categories (u can vote whoever u want or just clicj on next cause there is a sample choice seleced wich is "i dont give my vote to ayone on this category)

At the end, after the 19th category, u´ll have to register, writting an username, password and emai (the optional questions are not required)

U´ll recieve an email, saying that ur vote is confirmed.

I am sorry for all of this but i dont know what else to do. Two years ago i was singing in Seville as a choir in a few operas and now, i found myself in this crazy musical world, trying to get my place. This means soooo much to me so i want to say thanks in advance for all the votes.

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!

Martin Fernandez
SpanishPhantom's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Natalia | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,742 | Roses: 50
Old 10-19-2015 at 05:02 PM
witch
Wandering Child
Lost,Alone,Unknown

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

First off hello and welcome to the site. I have yet to see the musical version and only truly know of the 2005? movie version though I have watched "love never dies"

It must be SO much fun playing Erik and doing something you love (which I strongly believe should be something everyone does everyday)

When It's not 3 in the morning I'll have a listen to the links as I love seeing different males take on the role.

Anyways:
Hi, my names Natalia aka Witch. I am best know around here on the role playing side of things but I am always popping in and out.
If you have any questions or just wish to chat please feel free to P.M me.

P.S
I also love to sing and congrats on the awards.

witch's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote