Name: Lollipop | Gender: Eve | Posts: 280 | Roses: 10
Old 06-20-2012 at 07:40 AM
AgentCarolina
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Little Shop of Horrors  Post [1]

Ok, I seriously can't believe that there isn't a thread for this muscial out yet!

For those of you who haven't seen it: (SPOILIERS)

There's an old Jewish man who runs a flower shop on Skid Row. The shop is doing so poor financially that he is about to close it down. But a swing of luck (and a conveniently timed TOTAL ECLIPSE OF THE SUN) causes one of the two shop employees- a little botanical geek named Seymore- to find a brilliantly bizarre flytrap sort of plant. It's a new breed...so he gives it his own name-the Audrey Two. Its named of course after the other shop employee-Audrey, a completely clueless innocent blonde bombshell- whom he is madly in love with.

Long story short, the plant helps the store get back in the black and Seymore's luck starts improving, but suddenly the plant begins to wilt and die. He has to feed it, and feed it fast, but little Audrey Two has a taste for one thing and one thing only...fresh human blood.

It's a dark sinister comedy with excellent music, brilliant characters, and a cool plot. If you haven't seen it, I reccomend it. It's on netflix, and the music is on YouTube.

Ahem...without farther ado. FEED ME!
AgentCarolina's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Rosey_Posey | Gender: Daughter of Eve | Posts: 227 | Roses: 10
Old 06-21-2012 at 03:46 AM
RaminxRamen
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

XD why don't you tell them about your perfect Audrey voice?

RaminxRamen's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: aman | Gender: Male | Age: 24 | Posts: 2 | Roses: 10
Old 10-04-2012 at 07:25 AM
aman747
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaminxRamen View Post

yes you have to tell them about this.

aman747's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Posts: n/a | Roses:
Old 11-07-2012 at 12:38 PM
webdaksh123

Post [4]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaminxRamen View Post
I agree with you

Name: Lollipop | Gender: Eve | Posts: 280 | Roses: 10
Old 01-03-2013 at 01:51 AM
AgentCarolina
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

-_-" thank you HaleyRose...thank you VERY much for peaking their interest with this subject. You shall be dearly repaid later.

I was recently in a production of this musical. The setting is mid 50's Skid Row (which is pretty much a stereotypical downtown New York). So the script was written with slang and such. Normally the director wouldn't be very picky as minute specifics that are not included in the script so long as the character is developed well and is believable.

In the 1986 movie adaptation with Ellen Greene (Audrey) and Rick Moranis (Seymore), Audrey speaks with a nasally, squeaky, piercing northern accent. The only reason it wasn't completely annoying was because her character was so loveable. Either way,,,the director decided to get picky...and I had to speak like Ellen Greene did in the movie because it would 'add to the performance'. When I say nasally and squeaky...imagine what Fran Drescher might sound like if she swallowed a small chew toy.

Apparently I delivered the accent well. In addition to the accent, I wore a platinum blonde wig, form fitting INCREDIBLY SHORT (shorter than Ellen's) black cocktail dress that revealed a liberal amount of cleavage, and nose bleed high heels. That just about clears up all of the embarrassing aspects. :)
AgentCarolina's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Bleeding_Masque | Gender: Female | Posts: 100 | Roses: 10
Old 06-01-2014 at 01:36 AM
Bleeding_Masque
Wandering Child
Dancing Angel

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6]

I saw the movie before I saw the play production..I don't remember what Audrey sounded like in the play I saw but I do remember the play ending was different than the movie I hadn't expected but the way they did it was kind of cool
Bleeding_Masque's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote