The Phantom's Opera
“Because I knew you, I have been changed for good.” - Glinda the Good Witch
The Phantom's Opera

Go Back   The Phantom's Opera > The Lair of the Phantom > Persian Music Box > Dancing Through Life
Remember Me?
Register Performers Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 08-06-2009 at 04:57 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child
I will not give up my own self...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [21] »

No, clue. I think that she is in the up-coming movie of Nine (by Maury Yeston by the way) so I'm asuming that she can either sing a little or they use computers. In all honesty, she wouldn't need to know how to belt or belt well. Gerry didn't...
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 08-06-2009 at 05:07 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [22] »

Viktoria I love when you dis you dis well, and I will admit that was funny has heck!

Anywho...I wish that they would wake up and smell the coffee! SEriously people there's a huge bold line between Broadway and Hollyword...seriously! I just painted it!

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 08-06-2009 at 05:11 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [23] »

Haha, that is the truth, but a harsher truth is that unlike Broadway, who actaully looks for talent, Hollywood is just looking for money. Hence, the butchered musicals that have been in the past and will be in the future.

I could be wrong, maybe when they make a film, it'll be great. The thing is, I can't honestly see that being true, though.
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 08-06-2009 at 05:13 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [24] »

DUH! but I must admit, I enjoyed the Sweeny Todd movie. And it's great they just called it a movie, not a musical on the screen, not movie-musical, but MOVIE! Johnny Depp is so talented and I think that it totally works for him.

Well let's pray that it's great...mostly hope ;)

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2009 at 05:18 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [25] »

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Silk View Post
DUH! but I must admit, I enjoyed the Sweeny Todd movie. And it's great they just called it a movie, not a musical on the screen, not movie-musical, but MOVIE! Johnny Depp is so talented and I think that it totally works for him.
I agree, for a musical movie, Sweeney Todd was pretty damn good. They had to make it easier for the actors to sing the music, but that's to be expected with Sondheim.

Anyway, we can hope for the best with Wicked, but as I've said before, I doubt that they'll make it a movie anytime soon.

Name: Jess | Gender: Female | Posts: 54 | Roses: 10
Old 01-22-2012 at 05:36 AM
pckgm28
Wandering Child
Soprano

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [26] »

I think it would be amazing if they could pull off a Wicked movie (which I think they could). But, I agree that it's only been on Broadway 8 years now. It's not been long enough. So many other wonderful Broadway productions have been popular far longer than Wicked, and still have no movie. Things like Les Miz (which I think would also make a very good movie, and I heard they will be making one this year sometime). Maybe in another 5 years they can make a Wicked movie. It will probably have a much broader audience by then anyway.
pckgm28's Profile Send Private Message pckgm28's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote