The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » The Lair of the Phantom » The House on the Lake » The Angel of Music
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 01-19-2016 at 06:20 PM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Coming to France -- Finally!  Post [1] »

There was some pretty big news on the official Facebook page for the Phantom of the Opera musical . . . This October, the first-ever French production of the stage musical will open at the Théâtre Mogador in Paris. That's the same theater where Les Misérables played in the early 1990s, and quite a few internationally successful musicals have also performed there. So it seems fitting that that's where POTO would open, as well! Unless they were to open at the Paris Opera House, that is.

Regardless, I'm really excited! Hope there will be an official cast album.

And here's the official website for it (in French), where you can reserve tickets if you're thinking of going to see it this fall.

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Bleeding_Masque | Gender: Female | Posts: 100 | Roses: 10
Old 01-22-2016 at 05:22 AM
Bleeding_Masque
Wandering Child
Dancing Angel

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

I looked at the auditions page but didn't see Meg Giry's name? is she not in it?
Bleeding_Masque's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 05-11-2017 at 05:22 AM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] »

Been a while since anyone posted here. For those who weren't aware, the production sadly never happened -- there was a fire caused by an electrical issue, and many costumes and set pieces were damaged, so the Théâtre Mogador was closed for several months while they did repairs. When it finally reopened, the show they announced they were putting on was Grease. No word on if or when a French-language production of POTO would happen. :-(

However, there were some videos posted recently of a cabaret performance featuring several French singers doing musical theatre pieces, including Manon Taris (Christine understudy) and Bastien Jacquemart (Raoul) singing three of the songs from POTO in French! The songs were "Think of Me," "All I Ask of You," and "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again," and can be viewed along with other songs performed at the event here. I wonder if this may be a sign of anything . . .

Also, Sierra Boggess (who was cast as the main Christine for the Paris production) posted a video on Facebook of a concert she did in Japan, with a tri-lingual version of "Think of Me" -- she started it in French, did the majority of the song in Japanese, and then finished it in English. She handled the Japanese surprisingly well, I thought; she didn't have the clear accent that most English-speakers seem to when learning Japanese.

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote