The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Beyond the Paris Opera The Masked Ball The Final Threshold From The Rafters
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Nina | Gender: Female | Age: 21 | Posts: 9 | Roses: 10
Old 02-20-2012 at 01:46 AM
ChristineLND
Wandering Child
Angel of Music

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer  Post [1]

Are there any Buffy fans out there? I'd love to talk about the amazingness of this show with some people! :)
ChristineLND's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: MystMoonstruck aka Cyn | Gender: REDHEAD! | Posts: 5,058 | Roses: 235
Old 02-25-2014 at 07:34 AM
MystMoonstruck
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

I've been a "Buffy" fan since Episode 1 aired. Since then, I've seen every episode no less than 50 times, and I'm not exaggerating! I watched the first run, repeats then syndications. Chiller Channel, for a very long time, used to have a "BTVS" marathon every Sunday night, two times in a row! Yes, I would watch them twice through for a 6-hour marathon each week. I also have them videotaped.

I was lucky to bid on a lot aka a group of DVDs on ebay and won a large boxful for about $24! In the box was ALL the seasons of the show plus complete seasons of a number of other series I love. Yes, there were a few blech things, but it was a major triumph to me.

I do like "Angel" but never as much as the original series; of course the crossovers are great.

I recall the agony of the series being dropped by the network, thinking that I'd never see the rest of it. However, I soon found one of those off-to-the-side channels that was airing the episodes late-night Saturdays. *WHEW*

I've met only one cast member: Nicholas Brendon. In the autograph line, I had my Celtic fairy sitting on my shoulder, one that can be moved through a control. He told me, "That thing is creeping me out!" *giggle* Yes, I guess he can look rather eerie when he turns his head or looks around. Maybe I can post pictures of him someday. He's absolutely unique and is from Midsummer Knight's Dream.

Check it out!
http://fantasypuppet.com/

Beware! Owning one of their furbabies can be addictive! I finally had to be sensible and sell some of mine since I can't get to events as I used to. I would carry them at Renaissance faires and at conventions.

I love seeing this series listed when people are mentioning best-written TV series. It's usually there along with "Beauty and the Beast" (the one starring Ron Perlman) and "My So-Called Life".

I have a collection of novels based on both series, and some are quite impressive, not just "color by numbers".

BTW: My mom and I both are crazy about Spike! Yes! She LOVES the series and often would bring up questions and ideas about it. This is a lady whose favorite channels are The Weather Channel and CNN. *giggle*

No one had chimed in, so I decided I should~especially because we have to get this site livened up! IT HAS TO BE RESURRECTED FROM NEAR DEATH! If there's any show that's more about coming back from the dead, I don't know what it would be. THIS should be TPO's inspiration!

MystMoonstruck's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Laurasia | Gender: female | Age: 18 | Posts: 37 | Roses: 10
Old 06-09-2016 at 07:09 AM
VampirePotato
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

I watched my first episode of Buffy earlier this week and today I finished season 1. I was not disappointed :D

I'm under your spell...

VampirePotato's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Michelle | Gender: none | Posts: 40 | Roses: 10
Old 06-20-2016 at 05:07 AM
Knight of Cydonia
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

Buffy is on my list of shows to watch. I've never seen a single episode but I've heard so much about it. I'm a huge Supernatural fan and people seem to talk about the two together a lot.
Knight of Cydonia's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Laurasia | Gender: female | Age: 18 | Posts: 37 | Roses: 10
Old 01-30-2017 at 06:57 AM
VampirePotato
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

*SPOILER WARNING*

I finished season 7 last month and started Angel a few weeks ago. Also the whole series was just...WOW. Only thing that disappointed me was Willow and Kennedy. I just couldn't see Willow with anyone other than Tara, especially after she died.

I'm under your spell...

VampirePotato's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote