The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Beyond the Paris Opera The Masked Ball The Final Threshold The Finished Score
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 25 | Posts: 4,279 | Roses: 0
Old 07-03-2009 at 07:33 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [51]

You are looking at next years field conductor for my marching band. How exciting!!! Anyway our show this year is probably going to include Michael Jackson songs as a tribute to him. At least that was what my band director said but Zeus can be a bit wishy washy (long story behind the name Zeus if you want to hear it PM me) anyway I'll keep you guys posted on what happens with our show and stuff... the major budget cuts are going to keep us from doing a lot but it will still be fun.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 07-03-2009 at 09:37 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [52]

Yea, Budget cuts are killing us all! :( Congrats!!!!! I wish that our High School would be more open about a student conductor!! But then again our school was NOT at all commited to orchestra more or less marching band :(

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kojinka | Gender: female | Age: 29 | Posts: 88 | Roses: 10
Old 07-03-2009 at 10:02 PM
Kojinka
Wandering Child
Ghost in Solitude

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [53]

Back in Middle School and High School, anyone in band was in the marching band. It was fun, but I hated the uniforms. The collar was annoying for anyone with a neck strap! We played some really fun music, like "How the West was Won" and various classic rock tunes. In High School, the school fight song was practically burned into our minds. I graduated two years ago, and I still know the Bari sax part!

"In empty court there flies firefly flows, and in high pedestal there walksn foxs" ~Song at Midnight
Kojinka's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Haley | Gender: mademoiselle | Age: 25 | Posts: 4,279 | Roses: 0
Old 07-03-2009 at 10:08 PM
angelofthenight
Wandering Child
House Patron
I'm on my knees for you...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [54]

haha I play bari sax :) It's like as tall as me so I wear a harness instead of a neck strap and I march it. Our show was POTO one year an at the end of music of the night we all got down on one knee and were supposed to put our horns to the box while playing this incredibly long note but I couldn't do it and my drum majors laughed at me. Then it went right into the overture and I had to get up and practically run backwards while weaving between two base drums.. it was intense.. but amazing.

Like the sound of silence calling I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling lost in a dream
Like the echoes of our souls are meeting you say those words my heart stops beating
angelofthenight's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kojinka | Gender: female | Age: 29 | Posts: 88 | Roses: 10
Old 07-03-2009 at 11:21 PM
Kojinka
Wandering Child
Ghost in Solitude

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [55]

I still play Bari, but I don't do marching in college. It's not required for my major, and it would only get in the way of my studies, I'm afraid. I miss high school a little, but I have to move on.

"In empty court there flies firefly flows, and in high pedestal there walksn foxs" ~Song at Midnight
Kojinka's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Rose | Gender: Female | Age: 23 | Posts: 52 | Roses: 10
Old 07-23-2009 at 11:44 PM
Fragrance Of A Rose
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [56]

I play Clarinet in band. I was in marching band for the first time last year. I loved it. I volunteered to be in the marching band last year, but this year I am actually required to be in it because I am in our school's highest band. I would have volunteered anyway, though. One thing I loathe about marching band are the fundamental blocks. I hate them so much.

Anyways, our theme last year was "Big Bad Voodoo Daddy". Our songs were called "Go Daddy-O", "I Wanna Be Like You" (From "The Jungle Book"), "Jumpin' Jack", and "Big Time Operator"

This coming up year, our theme is "Big Band Swing" and the songs are "Big Band Opener", "In The Mood", "Harlem Nocturne", and "Salute To The Duke"

Are you a Darren Criss fan? Do you want to spread the word about Darren and his totally awesomeness? Join Darren's street team!* (not affiliated with Darren..yet) http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...5960583&ref=se

Don't know about Darren? Check out his website: http://www.darrencriss.com/

*You must have a facebook to join as it is the only way to join right now. Other ways may be added in the future.
Fragrance Of A Rose's Profile Send Private Message Fragrance Of A Rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Viktoria | Gender: A proper young lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 1,438 | Roses: 144
Old 08-06-2009 at 02:02 PM
The Countess
Wandering Child
I will not give up my own self...

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [57]

I've never been in any kind of marching band but my friends wanted me to play pit. Only problem is I don't play any sort of instument. So I guess band won't be in my future.

I used to play a flute, quite badly may I add, in elementary school, but I never practiced and didn't really enjoy it too much. Of course my teacher was just absolutly wretched so I won't blame the instrument.

So unless our marching band wants me to play an empty root beer bottle or the triangle, I think I'll stick to drama for now.
The Countess's Profile Send Private Message The Countess's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Jennifer | Gender: Female | Age: 28 | Posts: 481 | Roses: 10
Old 03-25-2011 at 10:24 PM
angelgirl
Wandering Child
Nobody's Home.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [58]

I used to be in band, way back in 5th and 6th grade. I played Clarinet. I'd wanted to play the flute, but my dad either couldn't or wouldn't shell out the money for a new flute, so I got this old clarinet instead.
I never practiced except in class and was always last or next-to-last chair. In 7th
grade, when the opportunity to be in choir came around, I took it and never looked back!
Needless to say, I haven't been in band since.
A.G.

Thanks to the wonderful Tiannaangel for my sig!
angelgirl's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote