The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Beyond the Paris Opera The Masked Ball The Final Threshold The Finished Score
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Shadow/Han Solo/Brittany | Gender: Chipette | Age: 27 | Posts: 1,488 | Roses: 40
Old 06-05-2005 at 07:54 PM
Forgotten Angel
Wandering Child
House Patron
[Greed] I AM the Mafia!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11]

Oui, naming your instrument is not at all pathetic. Even our 6thgrade/8th grade/marching band director named his conductor's baton from concert band. Anne, do you remember how Kurt would always refer to it as "The Power"? :D It was fun when it would flying out of his hand during concert band and whoever it was that picked it up would always shout "I've got The Power!" and then start humming that really annoying song.

In any case, we got the date for our first practice, so I'm really excited! I can't wait for the season to start up again. :)

All [alone] he [turns] to [stone]
While [holding] his [breath] half [to] death.

[Terrified] of [what]'s [inside].
Forgotten Angel's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Steve | Gender: Male | Age: 29 | Posts: 2,021 | Roses: 35
Old 06-06-2005 at 10:09 AM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12]

In 8th grade some of the girls in my section (I was the one guy out of 20 lol) named my clarinet T-Snake, or something like that because I squeaked so much. I haven't named my clarinet for marching band any names strangely... lol. ;)
The Phantom's Profile Send Private Message The Phantom's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 06-06-2005 at 06:44 PM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13]

The people in our band also like naming their instruments. I named my own personal clarinet Emmy, after the lovely Ms. Rossum. The school instrument I practice on (I only use Emmy for performances) was named "Dave" by the previous owner. Also, one of the oboists named her instrument "Erik!" I found that extremely cool. :D

It's wiser to be mad... in a world that's gone insane!
<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 27 | Posts: 89 | Roses: 10
Old 06-20-2005 at 07:12 AM
Wishing
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14]

Sad to say, but I'm not in Marching band, just regular band. It wouldn't have worked in my schedule, and I was too late in signing up anyway. I play the flute though, and his name is Fredrick.

wishing . you . were . somehow . here . again
Wishing's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: C!Christine | Gender: Female | Posts: 1,937 | Roses: 10
Old 06-21-2005 at 06:49 AM
Luciana
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15]

I played in my school band last year, but I'm switching into a school without a band, because it's an arts school, and in order to play an instrument, I would have to have joined for that, but I joined for writing. I played the flute, and I loved it, even though I wasn't very good. Her name was Suzy. (My flute)

I've played since third grade, so ya.

Haha, Phantom, the girls in your class sound like the ones in my class in 8th grade because they picked on one of the boys in my class. He was this shy boy who got mad when people talked to him, so they would tell him how cute he was.

I didn't join in, because I liked him. That just doesn't quite work.

|Lydia | The PPP |
Psssh, I have no artistic talent like this. It\'s all KT. Except Sam. Sam\'s mom can [s]take the blame[/s] claim credit for her.
Luciana's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2005 at 07:02 AM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16]

Awww.

I've had my Clarinet for a while, heh, but I've got to go get it repaired. Marching band can wreak havoc on a horn sometimes. It's quite distressing sometimes lol.
The Phantom's Profile Send Private Message The Phantom's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: C!Christine | Gender: Female | Posts: 1,937 | Roses: 10
Old 06-21-2005 at 07:17 AM
Luciana
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17]

I had to switch flutes like six times, but that was the LEAST count in my class. We had only like six flutes (it was a class, not a marching band) and we had a contest going on. It was amazing the things some of us did to our flutes. The worst (On purpose) was when my friend made me wear bright red lipstick to class (dare) and play. It got everywhere and my teacher was so pissed, but we all loved seeing him mad.

|Lydia | The PPP |
Psssh, I have no artistic talent like this. It\'s all KT. Except Sam. Sam\'s mom can [s]take the blame[/s] claim credit for her.
Luciana's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: James the Exceedingly Evil | Gender: Phan Dude | Age: 29 | Posts: 1,908 | Roses: 0
Old 06-22-2005 at 05:05 AM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [18]

Whoa. That's one thing I don't think anyone in our band would even think about doing, even on a dare. Our teacher's extremely hard on us. He's also a really fun guy, though (when he's not mad at us about something.) :D

<b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b><i>IamErik771</i></b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 06-22-2005 at 06:22 AM
The Phantom
Wandering Child
House Patron
Without you, I die.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [19]

Got that right, our band director will get mad at us at the drop of a pin lol. I'm going to a camp that's going to cut into Band Camp two days, and he said that I was excused only if I knew my music. Much does he know that I haven't touched my horn in ages due to theater. >.>

Old 06-25-2005 at 10:40 PM
IamErik771
Ballet Director
House Patron
Master of the WPO

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [20]

Ouch. Our band director is usually pretty good about letting us go if we have a very good reason. As in, you or someone in your family is sick or dying, or you have a job that interferes with practice, or you're falling behind in schoolwork. As long as we make up the time we missed before the end of the quarter, it's fine. Last year, one student was excused from marching practice entirely because of his job. Those of us who did have to go to practice quickly grew to hate him. :D

A few days ago, I found out what our next field show would be: Moulin Rouge! I guess I'll have to see the movie, ASAP! :D

What are some of the coolest songs/shows/etc. you have performed in band? So far, my faves are probably POTO (symphonic), Pirates of the Caribbean (symphonic), and Mask of Zorro (marching/field show). :)