The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Beyond the Paris Opera The Masked Ball The Final Threshold The Finished Score
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: margarita | Gender: lonely heart | Posts: 38 | Roses: 10
Old 03-13-2008 at 04:32 PM
cornholianphantomess
Wandering Child
Could be a crackhead?

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Older music?  Post [1]

Okay does anyone love old music?Like I love the Temptations and Diana Ross.Me and my friends are always singing"Stop!In the name of love"!And 80's music!Its awesome!I like some of the music from Footloose. Phantom also has that 80's flare!A lot of the songs put out today and used for advertising are the 70's and 80's music,that are copied.It's too bad that no one in this generation can come up with thier own good songs so have they copy good songs from the past and people in the future never know the splendor of the original songs.Sometimes people laugh at me for listening to older music,but it's better than some of the junk they put out now.I surprise my mom by going around singing 80's music and she asks me how I know about it,and next thing you know we're having bonding time over singing an old song thats a classic.
a lot of songs are redone so many times that you don't know you first sang it.Even songs from the past that were for younger kids are sweet!My mom showed me the"Chicken Soup with Rice"song and we went around Wal-Mart singing it!And also,for me,the 80's music speaks to me personally and depict exactly what I feel.Like the lyrics"Holding out for a Hero" and"Girls just Wanna Have fun"Are my personal theme songs because its word for word how I am.
So........... anyone else have older songs they like?Speak up and please reply!Show the love and no smoking!

I'm just sayin'
cornholianphantomess's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 03-14-2008 at 01:20 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2]

I listen to it on occasion. I like The Beatles and The Monkees and I listen to Motown and 70's on occasion. And I ALWAYS listen to the 80's and I always listen to opera if it counts. I LOVE Bon Jovi and journey. And I listen to 60's music. It surprises my friend's parents when I start sining 60's music, so they change it to 80's rock and I STILL sing then they change it to modern rock (which I still know)... ha thay can't win.

Anyways, I listen to Madonna often and alot of other things.

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Rose/Michele | Gender: A Woe to Man | Posts: 1,716 | Roses: 220
Old 03-14-2008 at 02:07 AM
A_Single_Rose
Wandering Child
Das ist ein Bingo!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3]

Wow, oldies... I really like music from the 50s. They're so awesome. I might seem like a dork for liking it, but I can't help it! Perry Como, Nat King Cole, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash, and of course Elvis. They seem so pure compared to the music today. That's why I love them so much. The stories are very enjoyable. "Tennessee Waltz", "Lollipop", "Blue Suede Shoes", "Ragmop", etc... Who can't fall in love with the 50's? Joking...

[signature under construction]
A_Single_Rose's Profile Send Private Message A_Single_Rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Emmy/Dolly/Eight/Dare | Gender: Mademoiselle | Posts: 853 | Roses: 10
Old 03-26-2008 at 12:45 AM
phantom's_rose
Wandering Child
Can't say I'm sad to see you go..<3

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4]

:DOMG I love 60's and 70's!! I love the Beatles and the Monkees and Chicago and The Beach Boys, and everyone else!! Oh yeah!! I am really glad you started this thread. I'm not really sure about 80's though. Wasn't that disco? Hey, rhymed!!! :)

I'll never let this go, but I can't find the words to tell you

I don't want to be alone, but now I feel like I don't know you
Opinions I would try and rewrite
If life had background music playing your song
I've got to be honest, I tried to escape you
But the orchestra plays on

~Banners by Tianna, Chrissy, Mark, and Jasmine~1 of 4 Proud Spouses to Viktoria!~Special thanks to Hayley W. and Stephan C.~
~I love little Mr. Bob ~
phantom's_rose's Profile Send Private Message phantom's_rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Anna | Gender: Hell's Angel | Age: 33 | Posts: 15 | Roses: 10
Old 05-05-2008 at 02:26 AM
Sour Cherry
Wandering Child
ooo..what is that?

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5]

Oldies are totally gold. Growing up, my father made me listen to alot of stuff from when he was younger. Some of the artists I like, from that age and time, are Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Carpenters, Elton John, Elvis Presley, The Beach Boys, ABBA, Lobo, Dr. Hook, Englebert Humperdink, Cliff Richards and Johnny Cash. I'm sure there are more, but I just can't remember them right now. lol
Sour Cherry's Profile Send Private Message Sour Cherry's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Hannah | Gender: the "weaker" sex | Posts: 501 | Roses: 110
Old 05-05-2008 at 05:10 AM
Madame le Courayer
Wandering Child
Make your choice!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6]

I love Frank Sinatra. He is magic! :)

Madame le Courayer's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Lizzie | Gender: W-O-M-A-N | Age: 28 | Posts: 2,248 | Roses: 0
Old 05-11-2008 at 05:37 PM
Night feather
Wandering Child
Puppet Master

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7]

Oh yes the golden oldies, I listen to lots of "old" music, though I do prefer newer music as I think that some of the older music is a bit stale in its use of instruments, a lot have happened on that front (I'm primarily speaking about rock music in this case)

But I listen to stuff like The Doors - Jim Morrison is still one of the best lyricists in rock music in my opinion, Bryan Ferry - ugh that voice, Cream, Eurythmics, Annie Lennox is a goddess, Sex Pistols - I mean they're classic, The Clash - London Calling is one of my all time favourite songs, David Bowie, Jimi Hendrix - was and still is the best guitarist that has ever been, and amazing what kind of sound he could make with an electrical guitar, which were still quite primitive at that time.

The list could go on, but I think I'll stop now.

Repress And Restrain. Steal The Pressure And The Pain

Wash The Blood Off Your Hands. This Time She Won't Understand
Night feather's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Lia | Gender: Female | Age: 24 | Posts: 703 | Roses: 74
Old 05-27-2008 at 12:44 PM
tiannangel
Wandering Child
S.S. Defense Squad

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8]

Sex Pistols rock my world! I absolutely love their songs, they were the main items on my playlist for like months before Phantom kicked in. Now all I listen to is the movie soundtrack :P, but back on topic.

One of my old time favourites: I love songs that were "one hit wonders". Like Tainted Love. I adored that song last year, I used to listen to it non-stop. Madonna's old songs were pretty awesome too, and you can't beat Elvis!

Our love is like a Rose...Beautiful while in bloom, but it can not last forever.

~Shameless Self Advertising~

~Banners by the wonderful Kearyn, Rose and me. XD~
tiannangel's Profile Send Private Message tiannangel's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Ran | Gender: Female | Age: 28 | Posts: 1,118 | Roses: 84
Old 06-11-2008 at 01:20 AM
PhAnToMeSs07
Wandering Child
House Patron
Random Ran

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9]

Hmmm, lets see, my mom would sit at home and listen to music when she was pregnant with me, one headphone in her ear and one on her belly and although she played all types of music, she played alot of her music, "her music" being the 60s, 70s, and 80s. And as I have grown up, my mom has made sure I listen to a diversity of music. That being said, I absolutely love a lot of music that came before my time.

The 60s were okay, but not my favorite period of music to listen to. I can deal with the Beatles for the most part...I have to be in a certain kind of mood. Elton John got started in the 60s so, I guess if you want to consider him that period, than yeah, I adore the 60s. Elton John is the epitome of awesome.

The 70s are better. Earth, Wind, & Fire are my all time favorite from that era. Their music always makes me feel better. Abba, Hall & Oates, Kool & the Gang, The BeeGees, Aretha Franklin, Captain and Tennille, Chicago, Dionne Warwick, Donna Summer, and the Doobie Brothers are some of my favorites.

The 80s...well, you know, there are really probably too many to name from the 80s that I adore. Since this is the period of time my Mom was really old enough to appreciate music, I have been exposed to more 80s music than anything else. Journey, 38 Special, Fleetwood Mac (who really ruled the 60s, 70s, and 80s), Aerosmith, REO Speedwagon, The Rolling Stones are okay but not my favorite, Scorpians, Foreigner, Kansas, AC/DC, Guns and Roses, Duran Duran, Def Leopard, most definitely Billy Joel even though he stretched over more than one decade...seriously, I could go on and on.

I am not saying everyone has to like music that people in 2008 call "oldies" or "old music" but everyone should at least have an appreciation for it because the music we listen to today, the music that is on the radio today evolved from the music of the 80s, 70s, 60s, and way beyond that. It keeps growing and progressing as time goes on. So just remember that.

I just wanna be alone now with the dark and the light. That's my favorite color blue there

As the sun sets in the sky, there's just something in the hue there in the corner of my eye
PhAnToMeSs07's Profile Send Private Message PhAnToMeSs07's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 06-13-2008 at 12:07 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10]

I like The Monkees, The Beatles, Elvis (OMG yes), Earth, Wind, and Fire and stuff like that. Even if I haven't listend to this kind of music in so long, I still love it and I don't often skip it when my dad plays it on the radio.

As for the 80's....

LOVE IT! Pat Bentetar (who was traid in opera, btw), Blondie, Bon Jovi, Styx, Boston, and Journey are just name a few that I adore. wonderful stuff, guys! Brilliant!
Madonna, Boston... if it's from the 80's I'll listen to it.

By the way, on the 21, Imma gonna see Styx and Boston (WHOOOOOOOOOO!)!!!!!! Excitement is in the house!

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote