The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Beyond the Paris Opera » The Masked Ball » The Final Threshold » The Finished Score
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 01-23-2008 at 11:20 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Nightwish!  Post [1] »

Alright, if you've went onto youtube.com and search Phantom of the Opera for the lastest Erik and Christine singing the theme or something of the sort you must have at least hear Nightwish's version of Phantom of the Opera. If you're a rocker/punker(as my mom calls us) then you have to find them out and listen to the song Nemo, Amaranth, The Escapist, or something of the sort that they've performed. It's amazing! Please buzz me if you've been a Nightwish phan, I need to mingle with people that listen to my music (other than Phantom of the Opera and from what I write)

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Hollie | Gender: Female | Posts: 2,814 | Roses: 215
Old 01-24-2008 at 08:51 AM
Raoul de Chagny
Opera Manager
House Patron
Aurèlien, WHERE?

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

lol. You're not alone. I'm a Nightwish fan too. I love their music. Even though I know of one friend who doesn't like them anymore since they got the new lead singer. I love their new sound on the album "Dark Passion Play" in which my favourite songs from there are Amaranth and Eva.

My favourite album is "Once". I love nearly every song on there, especially Ghost Love Score, which some friends and I made a mini movie from and entered it into a competition where we won the award for best cast.

I also love the band, Within Temptation.

Christian Lisle :: Aurélien Renard :: Emile Ashleigh :: Elesa Robinson (coming soon)
<b><i>Raoul de Chagny</i></b>'s Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: MN | Gender: Vampyress | Posts: 1,184 | Roses: 11
Old 01-28-2008 at 10:42 PM
MaskedNicci
Wandering Child
Wolven Animagus

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] »

I'm a Nightwish fan as well - I stumbled across their Phantom of the Opera, and that was what drew me to them. Metal music with soprano vocals was intensely interesting to me, and the combined sound was immensely powerful! :D My favorite song so far is Ghost Love Score, though Ever Dream is a beautiful number (I've learned to play it on the piano, actually. A GORGEOUS song. I would try Ghost Love Score, but it scared me, composition-wise. X_X)

Nightwish's Phantom of the Opera

The newer girl is okay, but I still listen to Once and Highest Hopes much more than the new cd. I often think of bands in colors(weird, I know, but bear with me) and with Tarja in the band, the color of the band was like a midnight blue and burgundy. Epic, powerful, and beautiful in it's strange and unexpected combination. With Annette, the color is...well, I see black Leather. It's sleek and black, but it seems cold and distant. *shrug* Ack, well.

I adore singing songs from Once, because not only are the songs fantastically composed, and very epic, but the voice type is better fitted for me to sing along - so many singers out there with a lighter sound to them...it feels nice to know there are wonderful singers out there with a dark tone like I have.

And vibrato + metal = PWNAGE. ;)

Creek Mary's Blood is also a good one, Dead Gardens is an instant fave for me, as is Sahara from the new cd.

Nightwish is lahve. As abnormal as it is for me to pick one band out of so many wonderful bands out there, I have to say Nightwish is my favorite.

MaskedNicci's Profile Send Private Message MaskedNicci's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 02-09-2008 at 02:56 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] »

I love the song Eclipse and umm, Seven Days till the Wolves, and the Crow and the Worrior. Anyone heard of those songs?

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...

Old 02-20-2008 at 11:16 PM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5] »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiL-8Bm_9qo
I made this video on www.youtube.com. It's basically a buncha movie clips from Phantom of the Opera and the song PotO wow, very complex. I hope you like it!

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 02-21-2008 at 01:40 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6] »

Uhmm.... ErikismyAngel5, I don't think you're allowed to post twice. I think you should contact a moderator...

*Le sigh* the only Nightwish song I've heard is their rendition of Phantom, which (looking at it operatically), I wasn't too fond off, but if you look at it as music that isn't opera or supposed to be opera it was good for the most part. Whenever I listen to music like that, I always tend to listen to Evanessence, MCR, Lacuna Coil (yay), and Muse. I'm the fondest of Nightwish though, but I don't mind it.

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kearyn/Excel | Gender: Wicked Witch | Age: 26 | Posts: 1,116 | Roses: 15
Old 03-31-2008 at 12:05 AM
Christine's Shadow
Ballet Mistress
House Patron
It's Phantom meets Hamlet- Phamlet!

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7] »

Ah! Huge Nightwish Fan. ^_^ I was introduced to them when I was first getting into Phantom, and my friend sent me a bunch of their songs. :)

I got their new album with Anette Olzon for Christmas, Dark Passion Play, and I'm really into Anette's sound compared to Tarja's. Definately a fresh new take, though I still am a fan of Taja. My favorite album however, is like Hollie, Once. All the songs were well done and written. Yay for Toumas! (the keyboard player)

|Vincent!|JHO|Evangaline|Christmas Onyx|<3|Green|Ember|
.::.
|Call me a little Crazy, but I think I like you.|<3 KT, Tian, et Moi|
<b>Christine's Shadow</b>'s Profile Send Private Message <b>Christine's Shadow</b>'s Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Wendy | Gender: Female | Posts: 20 | Roses: 10
Old 12-19-2008 at 08:27 PM
For All Eternity My Angel
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8] »

I love NightWish too. Their album Dark Passion Play is fantastic i love the songs Amaranth,Bye Bye Beautiful,Eva and the The Poet and the Pendulum. I also liked their version of The Phantom of the Opera when Tarja was the singer for the band.

Falling awake from a walking sleep.
For All Eternity My Angel's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 01-01-2009 at 07:54 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9] »

I think their take on PotO is good and to me, seemingly much darker than the original, but they both have a different take of 'dark' to it. It's rather diverse, much more than i can express hehe EVAS a good song!!!! look it up!

Name: Courtney | Gender: female | Age: 26 | Posts: 10 | Roses: 10
Old 05-03-2009 at 06:02 AM
Angelchao
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10] »

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul de Chagny View Post
lol. You're not alone. I'm a Nightwish fan too. I love their music. Even though I know of one friend who doesn't like them anymore since they got the new lead singer. I love their new sound on the album "Dark Passion Play" in which my favourite songs from there are Amaranth and Eva.

My favourite album is "Once". I love nearly every song on there, especially Ghost Love Score, which some friends and I made a mini movie from and entered it into a competition where we won the award for best cast.

I also love the band, Within Temptation.
Within Temptation is AMAZING! Sharon is a gorgeous woman with a gorgeous voice! But on topic, I love both singers of Nightwish just in different ways. Tarja had a very cryptic sound to her voice and Anette puts a lot of emotion in the songs. I LOVED the last part of The Poet and The Pendulum from their Dark Passion Play album.
Angelchao's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote