The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Beyond the Paris Opera » The Masked Ball » The Final Threshold » The Finished Score
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Lizzie | Gender: W-O-M-A-N | Age: 28 | Posts: 2,248 | Roses: 0
Old 07-23-2005 at 08:08 PM
Night feather
Wandering Child
Puppet Master

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [11] »

Ah there is a topic on it, wonderful...

I LOVE opera, I've been raised in a real opera loving family so I've been used to opera, I think it's really much a case of habit.

Anyway, Puccini is one of my favorite opera composers, and I've seen two of his opera's Madama Butterfly, it was a horrible modern version, but she sung very beautifully. But two years ago I watched La Boheme, with Roberto Alagna and Angela Gheorghiu, she is one of my very favorite opera singers, and she sung so beautifully I almost got tears in my eyes.

I've also seen Cosi Van Tutte, but I can't remember much, because I was not very old, and I'm going to see the rosechevalier this summer.

My favorite opera's is Faust like you Zelda, and La Boheme, figaro's wedding and Don Giovanni I think... But basically almost everything Puccini has written is amazing, and it's not a very complicated opera like Wagner or something, so it's easy to love because there is so much emotion in it. La Boheme is a very very good opera and not difficult to listen to

To newbies to opera I would probably recommend The magic flute, because there is so many well known tunes, or otherwise La boheme which is very good, easy to understand and has wonderful and moving music. Or get your hands on a collection of opera aria's. That's always a good place to start.

Repress And Restrain. Steal The Pressure And The Pain

Wash The Blood Off Your Hands. This Time She Won't Understand
Night feather's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Kristi Lu | Gender: Girl | Posts: 756 | Roses: 22
Old 07-23-2005 at 09:39 PM
Masked Shadows
Wandering Child
House Patron
.Always.Confused.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [12] »

I don't usually listen to it out of the theatre but I've been in 8 operas and counting. Starting with Carmen when I was 7 and I've been in La Boheme, Falstaff, Madame Butterfly, Travatore, Barber of Seville, Turandot and the Act 2 of Carmen again for the Opening Festival for our new Theatre. I did props for Help, Help the Globalinks, The Fantasticks, Romeo & Juliette, Don Giovanni, and De Flitermaus. I may been in Magic Flute & Faust this year too. I love singing in teh Chorus' so I guess I like listneing to Opera.

Now, I see, If I wear a mask I can fool the world.

Masked Shadows's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2005 at 11:58 PM
Night feather
Wandering Child
Puppet Master

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [13] »

(screams exitedly)

Wow have you actually been singing in a real opera choir!?!?

That's just... wow.. wish it was me, This past half year I've really picked up my singing, and I really regret that I never joined a choir before....

(mumbles angrily)

Name: Kara | Gender: Female | Age: 27 | Posts: 132 | Roses: 10
Old 07-27-2005 at 04:52 AM
composer15
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [14] »

I absolutley adore Opera! I wish so hard that I could take Singing Lessons but I don't think my mom will allow it to happen. :( :(
It has got to be the most passionate form of Music there ever was and it takes a lot of talent. Your so lucky The_Persian! My dream is to sing in the Opera so one day my voice will be as good as Christines. It's nice to know that you guys love Opera as much as me!

Much Love

Beautiful Banner Created by the Talented phantomphreak!

Enter If You Dare!
composer15's Profile Send Private Message composer15's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Zelda/Yvette/Padme | Gender: female | Age: 28 | Posts: 2,274 | Roses: 10
Old 08-16-2005 at 10:11 PM
Christine Daaé
Wandering Child
House Patron
Angel of Music

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [15] »

I think the best way to start training for opera would be to get a hold of a French art piece from the late nineteenth century or early twentieth century and start singing that. It's similar to opera, but not nearly as demanding. I'm told that most opera teachers get their new students to start with French art pieces.

I'm currently working on one called "Beau Soir", by Debussy, written in 1878. It's beautiful.

~ Zelda

Christine Daaé's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2005 at 10:33 PM
Night feather
Wandering Child
Puppet Master

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [16] »

Oh I'd so much wish I started singing much sooner...

My mom will only let me take single lessons if my choir teacher thinks I've got the talent it takes. SOlo classes are only for the talented she says...

My father thinks it would be okay, if I still want to do it after a year with a choir, so I'm hoping I've got the talent, because my biggest ambition is to become an opera singer.

Name: | Gender: | Posts: 301 | Roses: 10
Old 08-16-2005 at 11:03 PM
YoungGiry
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [17] »

I love opera, but I don't intend to ever train for it. As much as I love the music, the only singing I'll ever do, is likely to be musical theater. I'm really more of an actress then a singer. But I do love Opera, and I always will. My favorites include Aida, Taurandot, Madame Butterfly and Alcina.

The angel sees, the angel knows.
YoungGiry's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2005 at 05:42 PM
Night feather
Wandering Child
Puppet Master

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [18] »

Oh I was in the musichouse in Aarhus yesterday and watched "Der Rosenkavalier" by Richard Strauss, anyoen who knows it?

Anyways, the field machallin was breathtaking, played by the danish opera singer, who though mostly sings outside of denmark, Ann Petersen. She was a great actress at the same time being a exquisite singer, she was terribly moving, and you really got to pity her.

The finnish mezzo-soprano, Monica Groop was exellent as Octavian, and she had a fabulous voice.

Ying Huang had a beautiful voice, but it often was drowned out by the two other leading roles much more rich voices....

Anyways I'm rambling, but it was exquisite... Anyone heard it, and wants to discuss it?

Name: | Gender: | Posts: 301 | Roses: 10
Old 09-04-2005 at 07:09 PM
YoungGiry
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [19] »

My family bought tickets to the New York City Opera season, and I'm so excited! I get to see Don Giovanni, which I've been wanting to see for ages, Ariane et Barbe Blue which I've read about and it sounds fascinating, Lysistrata, and maybe Carmen!

The angel sees, the angel knows.
YoungGiry's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Zelda/Yvette/Padme | Gender: female | Age: 28 | Posts: 2,274 | Roses: 10
Old 09-04-2005 at 08:37 PM
Christine Daaé
Wandering Child
House Patron
Angel of Music

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [20] »

Awesome, Rachel! That sounds so fun.

I've got tickets to see "Il Barbiere de Sivilia", "The Barber of Seville", on the 16th of September -- my birthday!

And Dad's thinking of taking me to the Golden Gate Opera to see "Carmen". I'm a happy duck.

~ Zelda

Christine Daaé's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote