The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera » Beyond the Paris Opera » The Masked Ball » The Final Threshold » The Finished Score
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: Zelda/Yvette/Padme | Gender: female | Age: 28 | Posts: 2,274 | Roses: 10
Old 06-05-2005 at 08:10 AM
Christine Daaé
Wandering Child
House Patron
Angel of Music

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
Opera  Post [1] »

How many of you listen to opera? I do -- big time. Carmen, Faust, Romeo et Juliette, Otello, The Magic Flute, Rinaldo, Madama Butterfly, La Wally -- you name it, I've heard at least some of it. I think it's an incredibly passionate thing above all, the way it's sung.

I happen to sing it sometimes, too -- not always very well, but I'm getting there. I hope to train a bit for opera when I get to be around seventeen.

Any thoughts?

~ Zelda de le Fantome

Christine Daaé's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 27 | Posts: 423 | Roses: 10
Old 06-05-2005 at 03:14 PM
Countess Cain
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [2] »

It's interesting to listen to, but there's no way my voice could handle it if I ever did it. My voice cracks really badly, and I'm not very loud to begin with...

Good luck, by the way. ^^;

Formerly Sadako Kurosawa!
Countess Cain's Profile Send Private Message Countess Cain's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 25 | Posts: 16 | Roses: 10
Old 06-05-2005 at 03:54 PM
you_are_not_alone
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [3] »

Well i've been singing opera since i was 7 years old(before my dad died) then i decided to live with my grandpa......because he is the sweetest man alive he took me to a opera house to listen to the Magic Flute, then he signed me up to take ballet lessons. Then after 2 years my grandpa died leaving me no choice but to live in the opera house because they have a orphanage for girls like me. So that's why i sing opera today and i still do!

pitiful creature of darkness.....what kind of life have you known? god give me courage to show you.....you are not alone
you_are_not_alone's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 28 | Posts: 333 | Roses: 10
Old 06-12-2005 at 08:39 AM
cinty
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [4] »

I'm not a huge opera person, although I LOVE the Gilbert and Sullivan comic operas. My dad has played them all my life, but I have never paid full attention.... they seem to be a bit overdone to me. But it is a beautiful style of music, indeed.
oh, and I do like Carmen! :)

Please join:Erik\'s Phans!,Exceptional Beauties and Erik\'s Lair
I am a Raoul/Christine shipper and PROUD of it!!!
cinty's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 28 | Posts: 16 | Roses: 10
Old 06-13-2005 at 12:15 PM
Mysteria
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [5] »

I have been only to Quasimodo. I loved it. But since I don't have so much time anymore. :(
Mysteria's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2005 at 08:36 AM
Christine Daaé
Wandering Child
House Patron
Angel of Music

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [6] »

*sings* "L'amour est un oiseau rebelle, que nul ne peut apprivoiser . . ." That's "Habanera" from "Carmen".

Anyway, some of my favorites are "Faust", "Romeo et Juliette", Rossini's "Otello" . . . of course, Phantom stuff. But recently I've been getting into Puccini. "Gianni Schicci", "Madama Butterfly", etcetera. I also love "Die Holle Rache" from "Die Zauberflote", or "The Magic Flute".

So, anyway, yeah, I sing opera obsessively, and was pretty upset when I couldn't sing for five days. But I'm back singing F sharps above high C now. You can't even find that note on the piano, I don't think. Mwahaha!

~ Zelda de le Fantome

Name: C!Christine | Gender: Female | Posts: 1,937 | Roses: 10
Old 06-21-2005 at 07:19 AM
Luciana
Wandering Child
House Patron
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [7] »

PoTO was my only experience with Opera so far, but i think i'll for sure be searcing deeper into the Opera world. Any suggestions?

|Lydia | The PPP |
Psssh, I have no artistic talent like this. It\'s all KT. Except Sam. Sam\'s mom can [s]take the blame[/s] claim credit for her.
Luciana's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2005 at 07:33 AM
Christine Daaé
Wandering Child
House Patron
Angel of Music

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [8] »

I suggest something well-known at first, like Verdi's Aida. You'll be surprised at how many tunes you recognize. Also good is anything by Puccini, or Gounod.

~ Zelda de le Fantôme

Name: | Gender: | Age: 27 | Posts: 631 | Roses: 10
Old 06-21-2005 at 03:24 PM
The_Persian
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [9] »

Around christmas i was cast as Christine for a production of POTO that my summer arts camp is doing, and i have been taken operatic (is that a word??) voice lesson ever since. They are so much fun! To get me started on opera, my teacher introduced me to a song in Faust and another one from Romeo and Juliette.... I liked them a lot! I have started listening to opera more and more, and now i listen to it all teh time!

Made by the marvolous \'Mae\'
The_Persian's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: | Gender: | Age: 28 | Posts: 333 | Roses: 10
Old 06-22-2005 at 05:43 AM
cinty
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [10] »

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Persian
Around christmas i was cast as Christine for a production of POTO that my summer arts camp is doing, and i have been taken operatic (is that a word??) voice lesson ever since. They are so much fun! To get me started on opera, my teacher introduced me to a song in Faust and another one from Romeo and Juliette.... I liked them a lot! I have started listening to opera more and more, and now i listen to it all teh time!
That's wonderful! I will have to try and get into opera some more. It really is beautiful. We have alot of appreciation of it on here. :D Which is awesome of course. :)

Please join:Erik\'s Phans!,Exceptional Beauties and Erik\'s Lair
I am a Raoul/Christine shipper and PROUD of it!!!
cinty's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote