The Phantom's Opera
Go Back   The Phantom's Opera Beyond the Paris Opera The Masked Ball The Final Threshold The Finished Score
Remember Me?

Viewing Thread: 1 [0 Performers and 1 Ghosts]

Name: (Ch)Rissy/Riss | Gender: Goddess | Posts: 4,070 | Roses: 100
Old 02-08-2008 at 06:02 AM
masquerading rose
Wandering Child
House Patron
Crayon Queen

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [21]

I love musicals. Recently, I got a Broadway soundtrack for my Birthday *Hugsparents* and I'm in love with it. It has everything from Guys and Dolls, Phantom of the Opera, Wicked, to Haispray, Fiddler on the roof, and Annie get your gun. It has a multitude of other things on it too. But there's another section for musicals.

I would have to say my favorite musc in a movie (besides musicals and Harry Potter), would be the music in the most recent Jane Eyre. I'm in love with that movie. The music is so lovely. Sometimes, I zone out when watching the movie and i don't pay attention to the words, just the music. You can close your eyes and see the snow falling or you can see Jane and Edward kiss, or feel the fire Bertha causes. The music is so descriptive and moving, you can see it, hear it, taste it, feel it... It's so beautiful.

If I can't hear the music, and the audience is gone,

I'll dance here on my own.

Banners by Rose, my sister, and me.
masquerading rose's Profile Send Private Message masquerading rose's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Laura | Gender: Female | Age: 26 | Posts: 279 | Roses: 0
Old 04-20-2008 at 03:52 AM
Ange de Musique
Wandering Child
Blessed4Eternity

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [22]

I love movie soundtracks! They have such poignant, stirring music! :D Some of my favorites are: Gladiator, POTO (well, duh! :p) The Village, POTC 1 & 2, and Pride and Prejudice.

Laura

"What you do in this life echoes in eternity."
Ange de Musique's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Anna | Gender: Hell's Angel | Age: 33 | Posts: 15 | Roses: 10
Old 05-05-2008 at 02:20 AM
Sour Cherry
Wandering Child
ooo..what is that?

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [23]

Oooo....movie soundtracks are definitely something I invest in. My favorites, so far, would have to be:

- Pirates of the Caribbean
- RENT
- Phantom of the Opera (duh!)
- The Lion King
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame
- Chicago
- Grease

I love scores mainly because it calms me down a little, lack of words does that to people. lol. But I love the music from all the Disney cartoons/movies, because those are classics - according to me. :p
Sour Cherry's Profile Send Private Message Sour Cherry's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Jennifer | Gender: Female | Age: 28 | Posts: 481 | Roses: 10
Old 12-27-2008 at 05:23 PM
angelgirl
Wandering Child
Nobody's Home.

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [24]

I really like movie soundtracks.
Of course, I have POTO (2004 and Original London.)
I also have Lion King 1 and 2, and I got Hairspray for Christmas.
Also have all 3 Cheetah Girls soundtracks and Nightmare Before Christmas.

My fave composers would be: Hans Zimmer, Phil Collins, Danny Elfman and John Williams.

Hoping to get some more soundtracks soon!
Merry belated Christmas,
A.G.
angelgirl's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Patricia Jane [pətrɪʃə dʒeɪn] | Gender: Lady | Age: 23 | Posts: 2,327 | Roses: 50
Old 07-10-2009 at 06:14 AM
Hidden Away
Wandering Child
Blossoming New Life

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [25]

Miayazaki's movie soundtracks are great! I love those scores and everything you know. I really wish that I could find them more often. If you youtube Howl's Moving Castle or Spirited Away you might find some of the music.

We were angels once, don't you remember? Joys in life, inside our souls; and nobody knows, just you and me. It's our secret.
And your child-like eyes, and your distant smile; I'll never be this happy again! You and I. And no one else. || Maybe he'll come today. Maybe he came already...
Hidden Away's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Adam | Gender: Male | Age: 35 | Posts: 24 | Roses: 10
Old 07-10-2009 at 04:58 PM
Eriksmasquerade
Wandering Child
Box 5 attendant

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [26]

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerading rose View Post
I know! I love him. I was so mad when Patrick Dyle did the last two Harry Potter movies. Did John Williams die? I read somewhere he did, and that was why Patrick Doyle took over. If so, I'm going to cry. Joh Williams was an amazing film composer. If he's dead, I miss him. If not, WHY DID PATRICK DOYLE TAKE OVER? I mean Patrick's good and all, but John William's a lot better. Hardly anyone is better than John Williams.
NO, John Williams didn't die. That was a sick rumor someone started. He's still alive. He wrote the score to Indiana Jones 4 for Spielburg ( last year I think ). I hear he's wanting to do the next Harry Potter movie though, so hopefully he'll be back for that one.

Anyway, my favorite composers would have to be: John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith ( especially his score for AIR FORCE ONE ), Danny Elfman, Alan Menken ( primarily works for Disney ), Michael Kamen ( Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves), Bernard Herrmann, Franz Waxman, Erich Korngold, Max Steiner ( Now, Voyager is simply one of the best scores ever )

" I shall watch the performance from my normal seat in box 5..."
Eriksmasquerade's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Lori (Lauryn) | Gender: female | Age: 28 | Posts: 2,007 | Roses: 2
Old 07-10-2009 at 05:07 PM
Raoulsgal0689
Wandering Child
Lover of Love

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [27]

All right. I recently went to go see "Public Enemies" the other day and this has to be one of the best soundtracks I've ever heard!! It was all so completely perfect for the movie but it was also so much fun to listen to...it had this whole country/rockish thing to it....I can't describe it...but it was awesome!

Anorexic Beauty, Feather-weight Perfection...

Anorexic Beauty, Underweight Goddess

Banners Made by the Amazing KT, Awesome PJ (Hidden Away) and Wonderful Cassie (Mrs Nadir Khan)
Raoulsgal0689's Profile Send Private Message Raoulsgal0689's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Sarah | Gender: Genderfluid. | Age: 27 | Posts: 1,031 | Roses: 10
Old 01-21-2011 at 06:48 PM
xXphantomaddictedXx
Wandering Child
Dial A For Alan.

Performing Onstage
(Performer Is Online)
 Post [28]

*thread revival*

I adore movie soundtracks, and that's probably the reason I have so many of them. Some of my favorites include: all of the people who worked on Harry Potter, Howard Shore, Danny Elfman, and so many more!

What I love about movie soundtracks is that, after I watch the film x-amount of times, I can see the scene(s) that specific track goes to inside my head. It's kind of like watching the film inside your head, if you know what I mean?

There are many bodies of water in this world;

Yet none would quench my thirst for you.
xXphantomaddictedXx's Profile Send Private Message xXphantomaddictedXx's Website Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Evonne | Gender: Female | Age: 27 | Posts: 19 | Roses: 10
Old 10-23-2011 at 06:20 AM
Her Phantom's Music
Wandering Child
Opera Performer

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [29]

I could have a very long list of soundtracks. They're one of my favorite types of music to listen to. Some of them would ahve to be

FairyTale: A True Story
A Little Princess
Pirates of the Caribbean
Phantom of the Opera
Titanic
King Arthur
Lord of the Rings
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

"I gave you my music, made your song take wing."
Her Phantom's Music's Profile Send Private Message Search Posts Reply With Quote

Name: Rebecca | Gender: female | Posts: 54 | Roses: 10
Old 03-17-2012 at 03:01 PM
Ramin+Sierra 4ever
Wandering Child
The nerd of the Opera :)

Roaming Dungeons
(Performer Is Offline)
 Post [30]

Alright, I'm lame...but here goes.
1.Sherlock Holmes 1 & 2
3. Harry Potter
4.Indiana Jones